JudoJosh is "Moving North of Vag" with USPlabs at his back

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Man, I've only got til' saturday and then I'm a married man. I should be doing more wedding stuff, but too much good info here. I will add that spinach is great for balancing high acidity, the darker the better. As for quinoa, I like it and it's a very protein complete carb. At this point, though, I'm not sure of it's acidity.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oats are no good in my opinion. there is very little gluten but they are highly acidic like all grains. you also dont want to eat so much insoluble fiber. ive mentioned it before, you want naturally flowing digestion cycles....not a sped up process because you are eating a ton of insoluble fiber. going once a day > more than once a day because frequent cycles empty out good intestine bacteria. scientists say that the fiber twigs literally scrape the intestines forcing some kind of mucus to be released to lubricate and ease the damage. thats why you only need the fiber thats in fruits/vegetables. if you eat enough vegetables there wont be any constipation issues.

basmati rice is good. i know rodja eats it post workout. the acidity is much lower than other kinds of rice. you can google the PRAL score of food, that will give you an idea how acidic or alkaline the food is.

quinoa i have no experience with. im not sure if its sprouted or not which would make a difference in its anti-nutrient content.

dont eat ephedrine. that sh#t is too harsh on the body/heart. if you wanna lose fat, put yourself in keto and do less martial arts. use weekends for re-carbing. let me know what else you need to know
Quinoa is gluten-free, which is really how I eat now instead of true Paleo. Anton started his usage of red potatoes per my recommendations since it's both alkalinic and gluten-free. Plus, they're really high in potassium and can be made in many ways to avoid eating the same things.

I still take in quite a bit of carbs since I've been adding more cardio into my training and am still performance based as opposed to aesthetically based. Right now, I'd say I'm getting about 275-300g of carbs along with 240-300g of protein and 60-80g of fat. All of my fats come from beef, whole eggs, EVOO, coconut milk, and mixed nuts.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know me too. Just had another half of sweet potato and banana mash with a nice big steak mmmm
Banana mash? what is this you speak of? Is it like mashed potatoes but with bananas instead?

oats are no good in my opinion. there is very little gluten but they are highly acidic like all grains. you also dont want to eat so much insoluble fiber. ive mentioned it before, you want naturally flowing digestion cycles....not a sped up process because you are eating a ton of insoluble fiber. going once a day > more than once a day because frequent cycles empty out good intestine bacteria. scientists say that the fiber twigs literally scrape the intestines forcing some kind of mucus to be released to lubricate and ease the damage. thats why you only need the fiber thats in fruits/vegetables. if you eat enough vegetables there wont be any constipation issues.

basmati rice is good. i know rodja eats it post workout. the acidity is much lower than other kinds of rice. you can google the PRAL score of food, that will give you an idea how acidic or alkaline the food is.

quinoa i have no experience with. im not sure if its sprouted or not which would make a difference in its anti-nutrient content.

dont eat ephedrine. that sh#t is too harsh on the body/heart. if you wanna lose fat, put yourself in keto and do less martial arts. use weekends for re-carbing. let me know what else you need to know
I have some red potatos that I will start taking for my pre workout, I'll stop with the oats. Thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering about it.

I am presently out of basmati rice. I had opted to get quinoa instead during my last grocery trip. I had read some articles on vegetarian eating and saw many people eat quinoa with black beans and say they formed a complete protein. So I figured it would be some cheap meals to have once in a while instead of meat. But now that I have been looking into this paleo lifestyle and it preaches against beans I never made the quinoa. I also am not sure if it is sprouted or not. This is what a quick google search turned up if this helps

Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wah) is an ancient food that is not yet well known in North America. It has been cultivated in South American Andes since at least 3,000 B.C. and has been a staple food of millions of native inhabitants. The ancient Incas called quinoa the "mother grain" and revered it as sacred. Each year at planting time it was traditional for the Inca leader to plant the first quinoa seed using a solid gold shovel! Quinoa was used to sustain Incan armies, which frequently marched for many days eating a mixture of quinoa and fat, known as "war balls." Beginning with the Spanish conquest in the 1500s, there was a 400-year decline in the production of quinoa. It became a minor crop at that time and was grown only by peasants in remote areas for local consumption.
Technically quinoa is not a true grain, but is the seed of the Chenopodium or Goosefoot plant. It is used as a grain and substituted for grains because of it's cooking characteristics. The name comes from the Greek words, chen (a goose) and pous (a foot). This is due to a resemblance of the leaves of the plant to the webbed foot of a goose. The leaves are lobed or toothed and often triangular in shape. The succulent like plant grows from 4 to 6 feet high and has many angular branches. The flower heads are branched and when in seed looks much like millet, with large clusters of seeds at the end of a stalk. The plant will grow in a variety of conditions but favors a cool, arid climate and higher elevations. Beets, spinach, Swiss chard, and lamb's quarters are all relatives of quinoa
For people who need to follow a gluten free diet regime the good news is that standard quinoa grains are gluten free. Quinoa grain can be included into your diet easily and you can be sure that as long as the other ingredients are also gluten free there will be no problem.

There are however quinoa food products where it is not quite so clear cut. Quinoa flour and quinoa flakes are processed quinoa and cannot be guaranteed gluten free. The problem comes because some quinoa manufacturers use the same factory to produce other flours. This means that there can be some cross contamination with wheat flour products.
So since quinoa is not really a grain and the article said it is realated to spinach is it safe to say it is paleo friendly?

As for going keto.. I can imagine that would be fairly hard to do paleo. When I was doing the anabolic diet I relied heavily on cheeses for my fat intake. It would be hard to hit the needed percent of fat in your diet while still being paleo. That would have to be alot of nuts!! And I can't imagine eating without fruit in my diet now. I dont think a keto diet would be an option for me anymore.

Man, I've only got til' saturday and then I'm a married man. I should be doing more wedding stuff, but too much good info here. I will add that spinach is great for balancing high acidity, the darker the better. As for quinoa, I like it and it's a very protein complete carb. At this point, though, I'm not sure of it's acidity.
Congrats on the nuptials buddy!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quinoa is gluten-free, which is really how I eat now instead of true Paleo. Anton started his usage of red potatoes per my recommendations since it's both alkalinic and gluten-free. Plus, they're really high in potassium and can be made in many ways to avoid eating the same things.

I still take in quite a bit of carbs since I've been adding more cardio into my training and am still performance based as opposed to aesthetically based. Right now, I'd say I'm getting about 275-300g of carbs along with 240-300g of protein and 60-80g of fat. All of my fats come from beef, whole eggs, EVOO, coconut milk, and mixed nuts.
Thanks for clearing up the quinoa option. I am curious as to what are some ways you cook the potatoes? I usually just chop em up and drizzle EVOO on top and bake them. Would love to hear some other ways to add them tomy meals other then baked or mashed.

I try and lift the same way. I believe in the olympic / athlethic type of lifting rather then the bodybuilding approach. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it is just a personal preference of mine. I try to avoid all movements that would involve me sitting or using a machine. I try and do almost everything standing up. I recently finished reading Power Training by Dos Medios and am about to start this other book about functional training. I see from your log you follow Defrancos WS4SB. I will prolly give that program a shot after my 531 but am gonna stick with 531 for a little longer to give it a fair chance. It is soupposed to be great for strength building. Do you read any of Jim Smiths writings?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Incase anyone doesnt know who Joe Defranco is, here is a compliation video of his gym

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
wait...its the opposite, paleo is very keto friendly. the deficit in calories that used to be from carbs now come from fat, eggs/fish/steak/oils. paleo is the perfect diet for keto. keep carbs under 30 during the week and recarb on the weekends.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Incase anyone doesnt know who Joe Defranco is, here is a compliation video of his gym

Thank u def got me wanting to go lift now.

Sweet potato and banana mash. Basically mash a banana into a sweet potato with a fork. Heat both of them 1st of course. About a minute in the the microwave for the banana and depends on the sweet potato. I usually use half a sweet potato and a whole banana.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Sweet potato and banana mash. Basically mash a banana into a sweet potato with a fork. Heat both of them 1st of course. About a minute in the the microwave for the banana and depends on the sweet potato. I usually use half a sweet potato and a whole banana.
No butter? Just a banana and sweet potato and that's all? I'm def gonna give it a try

wait...its the opposite, paleo is very keto friendly. the deficit in calories that used to be from carbs now come from fat, eggs/fish/steak/oils. paleo is the perfect diet for keto. keep carbs under 30 during the week and recarb on the weekends.
I gues your right now that I really think about it but again I can't imagine going without fruit all week.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I actually grabbed some bananas yesterday specifically for this after you mentioned it in the food thread. Tonight is the night :D

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
No butter? Just a banana and sweet potato and that's all? I'm def gonna give it a try

I gues your right now that I really think about it but again I can't imagine going without fruit all week.
you can eat a little bit, like 1 piece of fruit a day. i mean this is a diet for extreme fat loss. the body literally uses adipose tissue for energy. energy levels dip at first but this is super effective. i have a roomate who is about 5-10 and in the beginning of the summer he weighed 193. you know, skinny fat guy physique. by putting him on paleo and eventually a little bit of keto + 3 days a week of lifting, we got him down to 165 in 2 months. now hes got no love handles and looks pretty solid.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for clearing up the quinoa option. I am curious as to what are some ways you cook the potatoes? I usually just chop em up and drizzle EVOO on top and bake them. Would love to hear some other ways to add them tomy meals other then baked or mashed.

I try and lift the same way. I believe in the olympic / athlethic type of lifting rather then the bodybuilding approach. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it is just a personal preference of mine. I try to avoid all movements that would involve me sitting or using a machine. I try and do almost everything standing up. I recently finished reading Power Training by Dos Medios and am about to start this other book about functional training. I see from your log you follow Defrancos WS4SB. I will prolly give that program a shot after my 531 but am gonna stick with 531 for a little longer to give it a fair chance. It is soupposed to be great for strength building. Do you read any of Jim Smiths writings?
I like the DeFranco method a tad better since it has more variety and room for tinkering. Plus, I am NOT a fan of singles for most lifts and stay in the 3-5 rep range for my max lift(s). One thing that I do use that come from PLing is the deload to rest the CNS and joints. Honestly, most of my training is an amalgam of concepts with a twist based on my MMA experience/emphasis.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually grabbed some bananas yesterday specifically for this after you mentioned it in the food thread. Tonight is the night :D

Let us know how you like it. I don't have any sweet potaoes home now but I can run to the market and grabbed a couple sometime this week

you can eat a little bit, like 1 piece of fruit a day. i mean this is a diet for extreme fat loss. the body literally uses adipose tissue for energy. energy levels dip at first but this is super effective. i have a roomate who is about 5-10 and in the beginning of the summer he weighed 193. you know, skinny fat guy physique. by putting him on paleo and eventually a little bit of keto + 3 days a week of lifting, we got him down to 165 in 2 months. now hes got no love handles and looks pretty solid.
hmmmm.. maybe for a future hard cutting cycle I might give it a try. I just got the erase-tt2-oep stack from nutra that I was planning ro run in a couple months. I am now considering a paleo/CKD type diet. So during carb up days would I only limit myself to red potaoes, sweet potatoes, basmati rice, quiona and fruit as carb sources? Are there any other paleo friendly carbs out there?

I like the DeFranco method a tad better since it has more variety and room for tinkering. Plus, I am NOT a fan of singles for most lifts and stay in the 3-5 rep range for my max lift(s). One thing that I do use that come from PLing is the deload to rest the CNS and joints. Honestly, most of my training is an amalgam of concepts with a twist based on my MMA experience/emphasis.
The 1 in 531 isnt a true 1 rep and he talks against using your actual 1RM. The way Wendler lays it out is you take what you think your 1RM is and take some weight off of that and go for as many reps as you can then you enter the weight and reps into a formula to get your 1RM and then you take 90% of that number and use that as your 1RM, so it is slightly less then your actual 1RM. Then you base all your percentages off your new 1RM and he instructs that when you get to the 531 week on your last set, the 1, which is 90% of 90% of your true 1RM, you lift it was many times as possible not just once. The theory is that you dont have to lift at your heaviest to gain strength, you can work with less weight and still gain strength. So it isnt exactly a single. I remember reading in Defrancos site that he has been experimenting with incorporating the 531 methodology to his ME days and leaving the rest of the WS4SB program the same.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know me too. Just had another half of sweet potato and banana mash with a nice big steak mmmm
Banana mash? what is this you speak of? Is it like mashed potatoes but with bananas instead?
When I said I would try this, I did not lie. Put a bit of a twist on it:

Basically did it like a twice baked. Baked the sweet potato, cut off cap, scooped out inside. Put it into a bowl, with a warmed banana, added some cinammon, and a bit of cayenne (i love sweet meets spicey). Mixed it all together, put it back into the potato, and baked for another 10 minutes. **** is delicious!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice HTS I might have to try it like that too. How long did u cook it the 1st time?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice HTS I might have to try it like that too. How long did u cook it the 1st time?
I usually bake a sweet potato for about an hour on a flat cookie sheet at about 400 degrees. It takes a hell of a long time, but I think the texture comes out alot better than when I am in a rush and microwave it.

In this case I baked it for about 55 minutes before adding the banana and rebaking for 10 minutes. I use a bit of microwave assistance to get the banana and sweet potato filling to blend well before readding it.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually bake a sweet potato for about an hour on a flat cookie sheet at about 400 degrees. It takes a hell of a long time, but I think the texture comes out alot better than when I am in a rush and microwave it.

In this case I baked it for about 55 minutes before adding the banana and rebaking for 10 minutes. I use a bit of microwave assistance to get the banana and sweet potato filling to blend well before readding it.
That might require more time than I would like. I like mine post workout. Although I could always have a shake, pop a swee potato in the oven, shower, and then start cooking whatever meat.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I said I would try this, I did not lie. Put a bit of a twist on it:

Basically did it like a twice baked. Baked the sweet potato, cut off cap, scooped out inside. Put it into a bowl, with a warmed banana, added some cinammon, and a bit of cayenne (i love sweet meets spicey). Mixed it all together, put it back into the potato, and baked for another 10 minutes. **** is delicious!

:food: Mmmmm I am definetely trying this!!!

That might require more time than I would like. I like mine post workout. Although I could always have a shake, pop a swee potato in the oven, shower, and then start cooking whatever meat.
How long do you usually microwave the potato for?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:food: Mmmmm I am definetely trying this!!!

How long do you usually microwave the potato for?
I hear u.

Like I said it depends on the size of the sweet potato. Usually 6-8 minutes r regular 1s but sometimes 10.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So tomorow I am going to try the fasted training protocol as suggested by mulletsolider. Soupposed to be good for helping burn fat during the workout. And while speaking about fasting.. anyone ever try fasting in general? For a while I was 24 hour water fasting once a week. I had heard about it from an interview before with either Alywn Cosgrove or Vince Delmonte I think but basically they made a really good argument why fasting is good for just good general all around health and not just that but if you fast 1 day a week it will help with weight loss. Like how they say you need to cut 500 calories a week to loose a lb so if you are eating 2000 calories a day thats 14,000 calories a week and if you fast one day that week you will cut your weekly calorie down to 12,000. But to me this was just a perk, the health benefits of fasting is what really sold me on it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read the 5/3/1 template several times, but it's sole focus is increasing just a handful of lifts and lacks real athletic movements.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read the 5/3/1 template several times, but it's sole focus is increasing just a handful of lifts and lacks real athletic movements.
Yea I agree it does put alot of emphasis on what it calls the 4 major lifts. This is my first time trying it. Since right now my goal is strength gain and I had read so many good reviews on the program in regards to strength gain I figured I will give it a shot. One thing I like is it gives you alot of options for your supplement lifts. The only lifts that are locked in are the main ones but the rest you can decide on your own. I try with my supplemental lifts to keep an athlethic mindset but I do see your point. I am about finished with this cycle of 531 and was gonna give it 2 more runs before I call it quits. Give the program a fair shot before I dismiss it.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
ok I know this is yesterday's news, but that gym you posted looks SICK!!!! man what I wouldn't so in order to lift in a place like that!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So yestarday I decided to start a 24hr water fast. I had no food past 1:00pm. I still took my prime but I took it with CLA or fish oil to help with absorption. I stayed up late studying and work up around 10 this morning. Upon waking up I immeadiately took 3 powerfull caps, 3 prime caps, 1 OEP cap, 2 scoops of jack3d and 2 CLA caps. 30 mins later for intra workout I sipped on 3 scoops of xtend. Immeadiately post workout 3 scoops whey. In about a hour I will have some eggs with pepper and some chopped up red potatoes.

Workout was:

Back Squat x5/x3/x1
Hyper extension 5x10
hack squats 5x10
Hanging leg raises 5x10
Went light jogging outside for about 10 mins

Overall thought of the faster training protocol, it was pretty fun. I didn't think I would have been able to power through my lifts with no food in me but I did. I think I am gonna be doing this type of training once a week when it fits my schedule. Hopefully it will help blast some fat away.

On another note the UPS guy came buy yestarday and dropped off a present from me. There was a site that had a sale on CLA and I got six 90ct bottles of CLA for $12!! So I will be adding CLA into my staples.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FedEx just came by and dropped off my NP order!! I got me 2 tubs of DAA, 2 bottles of Erase, alpha-t2, titanium, OEP, and 2 6-bromo's!!! Pretty stoked! Gonna be trying out the alpha, oep, erase. daa stack in the near future. I amd ebating on weather it would benefit me to add in some DAA now or should I just leave what I got alone and continue on.. any thoughts/suggestions?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My post workout meal

I went to make my eggs and red potatos and when I went into my pantry to get the potatos I noticed we did have some sweet potatos. So I opted to try this banana mash out instead. I hade some spinach and chicken with a bit of italian dressing and I made the banana mash and it was freaking delicious!!! I used half a sweet potato and a whole banana. This is definetely gonna be a regular in my diet from now on. Thanks tom!!!!!!!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My post workout meal

I went to make my eggs and red potatos and when I went into my pantry to get the potatos I noticed we did have some sweet potatos. So I opted to try this banana mash out instead. I hade some spinach and chicken with a bit of italian dressing and I made the banana mash and it was freaking delicious!!! I used half a sweet potato and a whole banana. This is definetely gonna be a regular in my diet from now on. Thanks tom!!!!!!!
Nice glad to hear u had some sweet potatoes. Even more happy to hear u liked it. Was just one of those random ass thoughts.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I decided to throw the DAA into the mix. I prolly wont have time to cap them until monday. Unless the container comes with a 1g scoop then I can start tomorow. I I based this decision off a link my good friend silentbob187 sent ot me.. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/161606-usplabs-d-aspartic.htmlhttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/161606-usplabs-d-aspartic.html .. Here is what USPlabs had to say about the combo of DAA and powerfull

DAA & PowerFull ™

D-aspartic acid is gaining momentum as a decent testosterone booster as rightfully indicated by some scientific studies (1-3). Unfortunately, the amino acid is also a known stimulator of prolactin release (3-5). One study in male rats found that while D-aspartic acid increased testosterone and LH by 236% and 146%, respectively, it also increased prolactin levels by 152%. Prolactin is probably best known for its ability to stimulate lactation in women. But, it can also have other effects in humans, including men. Prolactin may be associated with lowered testosterone levels, lowered libido and possibly even increased fat mass (possibly through suppression of lipolysis or increased lipogenesis) and decreased insulin sensitivity (6-10). When considering that D-aspartic acid’s testosterone-enhancing effects might be hampered by its ability to also elevate prolactin, it makes sense to use it with a product that is designed to support healthy prolactin levels. By utilizing USPLabs’, PowerFull product, which contains a precise formulation designed to support healthy prolactin levels, it can allow you to not only enhance the testosterone-boosting effects of the amino acid, but also benefit more from it in general.

References

1. D’ Aniello A, et al. Involvement of D-aspartic acid in the synthesis of testosterone in rat testes. Life Sci. 1996;59(2):97-104
2. Topo E, et al. The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009 Oct 27;7:120
3. D’ Aniello A. D-aspartic acid: an endogenous amino acid with an important neuroendocrine role. Brain Res Rev. 2007 Feb;53(2):215-234
4. Pampillo M, et al. The effect of D-asparate on luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone, alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone, GABA and dopamine release. Neuroreport. 2002 Dec 3;13(17):2341-2344
5. Nagy GM, et al. Control of prolactin secretion by excitatory amino acids. Endocrine. 2005 Dec;28(3):303-308
6. Shibli-Rahhal A and Schlechte J. The effects of hyperprolactinemia on bone and fat. Pituitary. 2009;12(2):96-104
7. Brandebourg TD, Brown JL and Ben-Jonathan N. Prolactin upregulates its receptors and inhibits lipolysis and leptin release in male rate adipose tissue. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Jun 1;357(2):408-413
8. Ben-Jonathan N, et al. Focus on prolactin as a metabolic hormone. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Apr;17(3):110-116
9. Ribeiro RS and Abucham J. Recovery of persistent hypogonadism by clomiphene in males with prolactinomas under dopamine agonist treatment. Eur J Endocrinol. 2009 Jul;161(1):163-169
10. Gillam MP, et al. Advances in the treatment of prolactinomas. Endocr Rev. 2006 Aug;27(5):485-534
So I will be adding it in at 3g a day. The only question now is if I should do 12weeks on and then 12 weeks off like how it is recomended for TCF or can I just take it 3g a day for the remaining 5 weeks of this log stright.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice glad to hear u had some sweet potatoes. Even more happy to hear u liked it. Was just one of those random ass thoughts.
Yea bud thanks again it was delicious!! I already got my sweet potato and banana ready for my monday workout. Any other delicious recipes you have feel free to pass them my way

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sunday motovation

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So I decided to throw the DAA into the mix. I prolly wont have time to cap them until monday. Unless the container comes with a 1g scoop then I can start tomorow. I I based this decision off a link my good friend silentbob187 sent ot me.. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/161606-usplabs-d-aspartic.htmlhttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/161606-usplabs-d-aspartic.html .. Here is what USPlabs had to say about the combo of DAA and powerfull

So I will be adding it in at 3g a day. The only question now is if I should do 12weeks on and then 12 weeks off like how it is recomended for TCF or can I just take it 3g a day for the remaining 5 weeks of this log stright.
TCF-1 actually recommends 12 days on and 12 days off. That was the duration of the study in which subjects were found to have ~40% increase in Total Test. You could dose it for longer than that, as many people have been, there just isn't any data backing up those longer runs of DAA.

I believe PA said he's been taking it daily for months on end.

1st post, been subbed for awhile. :006:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TCF-1 actually recommends 12 days on and 12 days off. That was the duration of the study in which subjects were found to have ~40% increase in Total Test. You could dose it for longer than that, as many people have been, there just isn't any data backing up those longer runs of DAA.

I believe PA said he's been taking it daily for months on end.

1st post, been subbed for awhile. :006:
I meant 12 days not weeks. I was talking with MrBigPR and he recomended I run it straight though and you said the same thing so that is what I am going to do. I got up early this morning and was able to make like 20 caps of the DAA. 6 caps came out to 2.5g so I am gonna take 6 a day for the first week and then up it after that. 2 caps in the AM then 6 hrs later 2 more caps and finally before bed 2 caps. I was told I can go as high as 6g a day but im going to stick with around 3 for now and maybe go higher. Should be fun!!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So my dinner tonight was so delicious I decided to share it with you guys.

It was Sun-Dried Tomato Salmon

Ingredients
• 4 Salmon Filets (6oz each), cooked
• 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
• 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
• 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
• Salt and Pepper

Directions
1. Cook salmon separately (In the oven, wrapped in aluminum foil, at 350 degrees
F for 30 minutes)
2. In a food processor or blender, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt,
and pepper. Pulse until a smooth paste forms.
3. Unwrap the salmon once cooked. Top with the sundried-
tomato mixture and serve.

Nutritional Facts
• Calories: 301
• Protein: 34g
• Carbohydrates: 3g
• Fat: 17g

I added a side of spinach to my meal. It was a great twist on fish. I usually cook my fish with old bay, lemon juice, butter, and garlic so it was nice to have something different

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I had plain jane pork chops and green beans....you win this time.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had plain jane pork chops and green beans....you win this time.
I have a collection of recipe books. I suck at cooking without a recipe. I cant just naturally know what to do. I have tried before and it never comes out pretty. I'll post up some recipes as I eat them, hopefully you will see something that looks tastey and try it out. That banana mash is pretty good. Try it out, its nothing more then a sweet potato and banana mashed together. Its a nice dessert tasting treat without being too bad for you.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a collection of recipe books. I suck at cooking without a recipe. I cant just naturally know what to do. I have tried before and it never comes out pretty. I'll post up some recipes as I eat them, hopefully you will see something that looks tastey and try it out. That banana mash is pretty good. Try it out, its nothing more then a sweet potato and banana mashed together. Its a nice dessert tasting treat without being too bad for you.
Yes spread the word about my sweet potato banana mash! :lol:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bro,

I checked out OutFoxed, thanks for letting me know about it. Damn good documentary, even though it made my blood boil over the way they handle the news program even more.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey bro,

I checked out OutFoxed, thanks for letting me know about it. Damn good documentary, even though it made my blood boil over the way they handle the news program even more.
Glad you enjoyed it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/4

Workout was
Standing Military Press
Barbell Pushups
DB rows
and I finished with some kettle work.

I learned the barbell pushups from one of Defrancos youtube videos and decided to give them a try. They were great and I will be doing them from now on. I am going to start putting my feet on a bench to have a little variation to it.

10/5

Was 192.6 this morning!!! Was so excited I had to take a pic :D

Had a fasted workout this morning. Used the same outline as my last one. Workout was:
Deadlift
GHR
Lunges
Leg Raise

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was your starting weight again?
I was floating around 203-198. I havent woke up and been under 198 since before this log so I am pretty excited I past my plateau and it looks to be continuing. This morning I was 191!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My breakfeast

Banana Pancakes

2.5 Bananas
2 tbsp almond meal
1 scoop vanillia egg protein mix
2 whole eggs

Just mix and cook like pancakes.

They were freaking delicious!!! I got the idea from wearedbleedblues' Transition to paleo log. The are super sweet because of the banana so no sugar or syrup needed. I just rolled them up and ate them while driving to school

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Those pancakes look epic.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I def might have to try that out. Because I have to have something to satisfy my pancake craving while others eat pancakes.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, we all knew it was coming. I am not saying I am supportive of it, quite the opposite actually, but the food industry has become:

1. More Product
2. Lower Price

In the end, to the food industry Profit > Your Health.

Eat up fellas. Support local farmers markets, buy your meats from places where you are not getting a science experiment. I'm not perfect on this yet, still shop for meats at normal grocery store, but I am going to start aiming more and more to an organic lifestyle. Ive seen one too many food documentaries.

Remember, you vote for what you support every time you open your wallet.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Ooooo. . .Am I Jealous of what your eating right now. . .I had a lil bit of this yesterday :eek:p:

08.jpg

big_booty_screen_saver_26077.jpg

:stickp4:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, we all knew it was coming. I am not saying I am supportive of it, quite the opposite actually, but the food industry has become:

1. More Product
2. Lower Price

In the end, to the food industry Profit > Your Health.

Eat up fellas. Support local farmers markets, buy your meats from places where you are not getting a science experiment. I'm not perfect on this yet, still shop for meats at normal grocery store, but I am going to start aiming more and more to an organic lifestyle. Ive seen one too many food documentaries.

Remember, you vote for what you support every time you open your wallet.
The problem is nobody cares. Everyone wants their hamburger for $.99 and no one wants to know why. Until people start caring it won't stop. If the general pop doesn't care about what they are eating can we really expect the FDA to care? Its all a numbers game to them and with all the people that work on boads at the FDA and have realtions with all these food companies whose interest do you think they are really thinking about? Ours? I am not 100% organic but I would like to be. I pick and choose what I buy organic and what I get thats convential and when I do get something thats conventional I try and get it from local farms. Last year we found a farmer that raises free range cattle. We put an order in for a share of the cow last year and they raise a cow specifically for you. In a couple months I should have a freezer full of steaks :food: The sad part of buying organic is that the food industry realized there is a growing demand for it so they started dabbling with the laws and seeing how they can get around stuff. For example you can say cage free chicken as long as they are not in single cages. So if you have 1000 chicken cramed into 1 big cage then you can say cage free on your label. If you have a feed lot for cattle and have a door to the lot then you can claim they are free range. Even though they are grain feed and the door in their lot is a massive steel door that the cow can't open due to their lack of strength it doesn't matter. The door is there and they have the option to leave so they can say free range beef. Its bull****!!!! Not to mention the farmers who got caught in LA at local farmers market selling conventional grown food and imported food and marketing them as organic and locally grown. Its sad when you dont know what to trust. As for this fish I only eat wild caught fish screw the farm raised garbage so this shouldn't affect me... well at least until a salmon escapes and then get into the ocean.

Check out this site www.eatwild.com it is a directory of pasture-based farms. Just click your state and a list of farmers and what they sell will come up so you can see your options when it comes to local and organic food

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Farmer's Markets for all produce or organic if there's not one close by. I really, really wish I could afford grass-fed beef. Speaking of, does anyone know a good place online to buy bulk packages of it?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome post Josh, and I saved that link for later usage.

Rodja, I am the same way, I want to afford only grass fed, but being 23 and barely able to cover bills, it makes it hard. I do strive for it though when I do have the cash.

Id be interested in an online source as well.