JudoJosh is "Moving North of Vag" with USPlabs at his back

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Farmer's Markets for all produce or organic if there's not one close by. I really, really wish I could afford grass-fed beef. Speaking of, does anyone know a good place online to buy bulk packages of it?
I think I have a link saved to my favorites on my home PC of a place that ships but I think it was a little more pricey then just going to a farmer directly. They way it works with grass fed beef, at least from my experience, a majority of farmers don't stock beef at their farms because most lack a store front. What you do is put an order in for a share of a cow, which is usually about 70 lbs which is divided up between various cuts such as steaks, ground beef, roasts, cubes, etc. You pit the order in and after that he then gets a baby cow and starts to raise it. It takes almost a year before you actually get your meat because you have to wait for your cow to grow and mature. I had met one farmer who doesn't do shares and only sells whole cows so you would have to find friends to go in on the price with you. The farmer I am getting my beef from does shares in which he already divides the cow up between people. I think the price was about $350 for 70lbs.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome post Josh, and I saved that link for later usage.

Rodja, I am the same way, I want to afford only grass fed, but being 23 and barely able to cover bills, it makes it hard. I do strive for it though when I do have the cash.

Id be interested in an online source as well.
Hopefully you find a place nearby on the site. I know it's hard especially when you have limited funds. An option is co-ops. What it basically was every week I would get an email with the food options and they were different size boxes. You would pay a set price and get a little of everything. It was once a week and no obligation or contract all you do is replay and say I want a medium box or whatever. I used to be in one but I don't eat all kinds of fruits and veggies and decided I was wasting more then what it was worth. I just found another co-op around my way that works a little different. Currently they ate full for the season so I am on a list for next season. The way this one works is they have 4 different size baskets and you pay a one time upfront fee for your basket and then for the season you go to the farm once a week and fill your basket with whatever you want. Currently I just pick and choose what I get organic. There is a list called the dirty dozen and clean thirteen or something like that. It's a list of the top dirtiest produce (pesticide wise) and the cleanest. For example something like apples spinach blueberries all are known to contain an high amount of pesticed while things like pineapple have very little amounts.

Here is a way to read lot numbers which are the little stickers on fruits and veggies..*

4-digit number = Conventionally-grown, but not organic

5-digit number, that Begins with the number “9” = Organic

5-digit number, that Begins with the number “8” = Genetically Modified

Example:

4322 = Conventionally-grown, but not organic

94322 = Organic

84322 = Genetically Modified

Hopefully this helps when your at the grocery store deciding on if you should buy something or not

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow man, awesome information. You are very well read on this, and it shows me seeking healthier foods can be done. Thanks!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome posts Josh! I am going to look more into this.

The whole system is just ****ed.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow man, awesome information. You are very well read on this, and it shows me seeking healthier foods can be done. Thanks!
I actually don't like to read too much about it because it is just so frustrating. From the lack of competence or just straight disregard for the welfareof the people by the FDA or the greed that empowers these companies.

Awesome posts Josh! I am going to look more into this.

The whole system is just ****ed.

Here is are some fun facts about everyones favorite place to eat.

The above picture is the result of "Mechanically seperating chicken" This is what used to be used in our Mickey D's chicken nuggets untill....

a 2002 lawsuit against McDonald's, a judge commented that Chicken McNuggets are a "McFrankenstein" creation of various elements not used
As a result Mcdonalds would have to label their chicken products as being mechanically seperated mmmm mechanilly seperated nuggets.. sounds tasty right? This is why mcdonalds launched this huge campaign of NOW with all white meat. It was sort of like a damage control if anyone heard the rumor to assure them that now it actually has chicken.

These two paragraphs are taken directly from The Omnivore's Dilemma:

"The ingredients listed in the flyer suggest a lot of thought goes into a nugget, that and a lot of corn. Of the thirty-eight ingredients it takes to make a McNugget, I counted thirteen that can be derived from corn: the corn-fed chicken itself; modified cornstarch (to bind the pulverized chicken meat); mono-, tri-, and diglycerides (emulsifiers, which keep the fats and water from separating); dextrose; lecithin (another emulsifier); chicken broth (to restore some of the flavor that processing leeches out); yellow corn flour and more modified cornstarch (for the batter); cornstarch (a filler); vegetable shortening; partially hydrogenated corn oil; and citric acid as a preservative. A couple of other plants take part in the nugget: There's some wheat in the batter, and on any given day the hydrogenated oil could come from soybeans, canola, or cotton rather than corn, depending on the market price and availability.

According to the handout, McNuggets also contain several completely synthetic ingredients, quasiedible substances that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field but form a petroleum refinery or chemical plant. These chemicals are what make modern processed food possible, by keeping the organic materials in them from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer or on the road. Listed first are the "leavening agents": sodium aluminum phosphate, mono-calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and calcium lactate. These are antioxidants added to keep the various animal and vegetable fats involved in a nugget from turning rancid. Then there are "anti-foaming agents" like dimethylpolysiloxene, added to the cooking oil to keep the starches from binding to air molecules, so as to produce foam during the fry. The problem is evidently grave enough to warrant adding a toxic chemical to the food: According to the Handbook of Food Additives, dimethylpolysiloxene is a suspected carcinogen and an established mutagen, tumorigen, and reproductive effector; it's also flammable.

But perhaps the most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02 percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five grams of TBHQ can kill."
This is just on chemicals that are known to be harmful and still allowed to be sold to the public. What really pisses me off though is what happens with beef. The fact the USDA tried to shut down a meat packaging company for repeatedly failing inspection test and this comany can sue the USDA and say the USDA doesnt have the authority to shut them down AND WON THE CASE!! Baffles my mind

In November 1999, the USDA shut down a meatpacking plant for repeatedly failing salmonella tests. The Texas company operating the plant, Supreme Beef Processors, happened to be one of the leading suppliers of ground beef to the National School Lunch Program. With strong backing from the meatpacking industry, Supreme Beef sued the USDA, eventually won the lawsuit and succeeded this past December in overturning the USDA's salmonella limits. About 1.4 million Americans are sickened by salmonella every year, and the CDC has linked a nasty, antibiotic-resistant strain of the bug to ground beef. Nevertheless, it is now perfectly legal to sell ground beef that is thoroughly contaminated with salmonella--and sell it with the USDA's seal of approval.
How is it your plant can have consistent outbreaks and still be allowed to sell food? And they were the leading supplier to the school lunch program so these are kids that are eating these dangerous foods.

In 1985 a panel appointed by the National Academy of Sciences warned that the nation's meat inspection system was obsolete. At the time USDA inspectors relied solely on visual and olfactory clues to detect tainted meat. After the Jack in the Box outbreak in 1993, the Clinton Administration announced that it would begin random testing for E. coli O157:H7 in ground beef. The meatpacking industry promptly sued the USDA in federal court to block such tests.

E. coli O157:H7, the pathogen involved in both the Jack in the Box outbreak and the recent ConAgra recall, can cause severe illness or death, especially among children, the elderly and people who are immuno-suppressed. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimate that about 73,000 Americans are sickened by E. coli O157:H7 every year. An additional 37,000 are sickened by other dangerous strains of E. coli also linked to ground beef. At a slaughterhouse these pathogens are spread when manure or stomach contents get splattered on the meat.
E. coli 0157:H7 is a direct result of these feed lots and corn based diets and this strain of e.coli the cow can't fight off like it can with other strains. They know the solution to this is to let the cows eat grass but they refuse to change the system and continue with the feed lot lifestyle and then sues the USDA when they try and intervene.

Or about when the Mad Cow Diease was going on and on Oprah she simply said that she had been "stopped cold from eating another burger." and this prompted a lawsuit based on food disparagement laws. This resulted in a 6 year legal battle with Oprah. 6 YEARS!! This is to just give you a perspective of how powerfull this industry is. We all know how much money and influence Oprah Winfrey has. She can hire whatever defense team she wants and she probably got the best of the ebst and it still took them 6 years to beat it. Now if it took Oprah 6 years imagine how long it would take a mom and pop farmer faced with a lawsuit by the food industry?

Thirteen states, including Texas, have passed laws designed to silence and intimidate those who expose unsafe and unhealthy factory farm and slaughterhouse practices. These so-called "food disparagement" laws make it a crime to criticize food and how it is produced.
Okay I am done ranting :redeemerwhore:..

back to the log...

Hey did anyone notice the pics of the lovely ladies up there??? :shocked: Since I started taking DAA I think this calls for some libido checks :yeah:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That information is disturbing, no better way to put it. ****.

As for the DAA comment, I am using TCF-1 now, started about 1 week into PCT. I am looking forward to the libido benefits. I am on Clomid right now, and even at 50mg, my libido is crushed. Thank god my gf is studying abroad right now.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
The problem is nobody cares. Everyone wants their hamburger for $.99 and no one wants to know why. Until people start caring it won't stop. If the general pop doesn't care about what they are eating can we really expect the FDA to care?
It is pretty sad to think that a McDonalds Double Cheeseburger costs $.99 and gives you this for the money:

Then compare that to what it costs for fruit and you can see why the average person thinks McDonald's is the way to go (keep in mind the combo meal comes with two double cheeseburgers, drink, and fry).

People are lazy. People are gluttons. People are cheap. I am pretty sure that is the philosophy that the fast food industry relies on.

I watched Food Inc. on Netflix the other day. Wow.
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Food-Inc./70108783?strackid=518d87d639e109de_0_srl&strkid=1180583518_0_0&trkid=438381

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If your a reader get the book Omnivores Dilemma it is a real goodread for those who are interested in this. And reps for the graphs.. it is a great way to put things in perspective. Our lovely government subsized corn so that is one main part of the problem. Farmers have the ability to grow and harvest corn for below price so it is in their best interest to get into the corn business. This is why most of these processed foods are 50% corn because it is so cheap and in so much abundence. Why buy bananas when you can get two bags of Doritios for $.99 And you definetely hit the nail on the head with the

People are lazy. People are gluttons. People are cheap. I am pretty sure that is the philosophy that the fast food industry relies on.
Reps to you man!!!

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Hey i will say that Double Cheesburgers are AMAZING!! hahah don't hate becuase we have the choice of gluttenous freedom :fing02:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Log Update
10/6
Had class today. Came home and did my bench workout. This was my third day in a row lifting and I kinda bished it up a bit and cut it short. I work thurs and friday so saturday morning I am gonna repeat this day.

Bench 5x3
Incline DB bench 3x10

10/7 & 10/8
Worked both days. Nothing much to report.. Oh I forgot to mention before I have been noticing my asthma really bothering me recently but I had just chalked it up to the weather changing but since it still hasn't left I am thinking it might befrom the OEP. I have noticed a slight nasal drip since I started taking it and from other logs this appears to be normal with OEP and I think it is the drip thats flaring up my asthma. So I decided to add in some ephedera to help dry my nose out. I am only taking 12.5mg twice a day. I started yestarday so I have been on it three days and everything seems to have cleared up.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Figured I will change up the dialouge of the thread a bit. All this info is just depressing anyway. It's time for some happy thoughts ... soooooo... sounds like its time for some libido checks!!!!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That was a hell of a libido check lol.

Lots of good info here. Def makes 1 think a lot more before they bite into their food.

Keep up the hard work man.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahaha the libido check war is on brotha lol

Don't forget to check out the new couple I put up tonight:D

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a hell of a libido check lol.

Lots of good info here. Def makes 1 think a lot more before they bite into their food.

Keep up the hard work man.
LOL.. Hell yea!!! It was my attempt to change the direction of the thread a little bit, plus hey like I said I am week 2 into DAA so hey why not.

Contributing:

OMG the one on the far right has a fatty :moon: !!!!

HA HA Let the party begin brutha :fest30:

I share some of the pics with you log. Let me go see what you put up

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/9
Saturday I was going to bench but my father inlaw needed some help chopping wood. I never have cut wood before so didn't know really what to expect and I still planned on lifting afterwards.. man was I wrong! Eh should be good for my core anyway. He has to cut up like 6 cords so I will be helpiung him again later on throughout the week.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ahh the girl doing the push up is my favorite. Her ass is just so damn perky in this pic.. MMmmmm

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/10
So I counted my prime that I have and it looks like I have about 2.5 weeks left so after this is done I will deload for a week and then come back to it. On another note the DAA is defientely kicking in. Libido is waay up. I must say I never really get anything from online pictures.. more of a like "eh she looks good" But now I am seriously turned on by them, like seriously.. like I am about to go and buy me a blow up doll!!!! So the DAA is definetely kicking in. I will continue with it until my prime is done. Weight is still around 191.. I am waiting for that 189.. Gonna step up strength cardio to try and help my weight along.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MONDAY MOTIVATION

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Weight is still around 191.. I am waiting for that 189.. Gonna step up strength cardio to try and help my weight along.
If your gym has a sauna you could shower and then sweat some more after your workouts.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
yea but thats just water, hes trying to cut down on that adipose tissue!!!
Just thinking outside the box. Don't want him getting caught up in doing too much cardio and losing some lean mass.

• During a 10-20 minute sauna session, your heart rate increases by 50-75%. This provides the same metabolic result as physical exercise. The increased cardiac load is the equivalent to a brisk walk. There is a nominal effect on blood pressure because the heat also causes blood vessels in skin to expand to accommodate increased blood flow.
  • Blood vessels become more flexible and there is increased circulation to the extremities. During a sauna, blood flow to the skin increases to as high as 50-70% of cardiac output (compared to the standard 5-10%). This brings nutrients to subcutaneous and surface tissue resulting in glowing healthy skin.
  • Steambaths and saunas induce sweating to provide a comprehensive cleansing of the skin and sweat glands. Skin is the largest organ in the body. 30% of body wastes are passed through the skin. Profuse sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body.
  • When taking a sauna, skin temperature rises to 40°C (104°F) and internal body temperature rises to about 38°C (100.4°F). Exposure to the high heat creates an artificial fever state. Fever is part of the body’s natural healing process. Fever stimulates the immune system resulting in increased production of disease fighting white blood cells, antibodies and interferon (an anti viral protein with cancer fighting capability).
  • Spas and other such therapeutic facilities utilize saunas and steambaths in conjunction with massage to loosen fatty tissue and assist in the battle against cellulite.
  • Many regular steam and sauna users claim that a “good sweat” at the onset helps relieve and ward off the most severe symptoms of cold or flu.
Regardless Josh, if you do up the cardio, make sure you counter that by upping the calories slightly (maybe ~300,) as well.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
JOsh i know i haven't been son apparent in this log but i'm still following along my friend!! Silent bob that was a great read and make sure josh you listen to that advice for it is good advice my friend!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ahhh i need to start hitting the sauna again, this was a good reminder. for a while i was going every sunday, steamroom - sauna - pool repeat for an hour or so. feel like a million dollars afterwards.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your gym has a sauna you could shower and then sweat some more after your workouts.
When I first read that post the first thing I thought was "yea thats just water weight though.. untill I read your follow up post

yea but thats just water, hes trying to cut down on that adipose tissue!!!
Just what I was thinking till I saw his response

Just thinking outside the box. Don't want him getting caught up in doing too much cardio and losing some lean mass.

• During a 10-20 minute sauna session, your heart rate increases by 50-75%. This provides the same metabolic result as physical exercise. The increased cardiac load is the equivalent to a brisk walk. There is a nominal effect on blood pressure because the heat also causes blood vessels in skin to expand to accommodate increased blood flow.
  • Blood vessels become more flexible and there is increased circulation to the extremities. During a sauna, blood flow to the skin increases to as high as 50-70% of cardiac output (compared to the standard 5-10%). This brings nutrients to subcutaneous and surface tissue resulting in glowing healthy skin.
  • Steambaths and saunas induce sweating to provide a comprehensive cleansing of the skin and sweat glands. Skin is the largest organ in the body. 30% of body wastes are passed through the skin. Profuse sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body.
  • When taking a sauna, skin temperature rises to 40°C (104°F) and internal body temperature rises to about 38°C (100.4°F). Exposure to the high heat creates an artificial fever state. Fever is part of the body’s natural healing process. Fever stimulates the immune system resulting in increased production of disease fighting white blood cells, antibodies and interferon (an anti viral protein with cancer fighting capability).
  • Spas and other such therapeutic facilities utilize saunas and steambaths in conjunction with massage to loosen fatty tissue and assist in the battle against cellulite.
  • Many regular steam and sauna users claim that a “good sweat” at the onset helps relieve and ward off the most severe symptoms of cold or flu.
Regardless Josh, if you do up the cardio, make sure you counter that by upping the calories slightly (maybe ~300,) as well.
Awesome info man... I honestly never knew any of this. I sometimes hear people talk about going into a sauna to loose weight and I always shake my head in disapproval thinking "its just water weight numbnuts all your going to do is dehydrate yourself and then gain it back when you drink again" boy was I wrong. Again thanks for that tid bit bud!!! Only probleme is I don't have a gym membership... I wonder if I close my bathroom door and run the hat water if I can get it hot enough to reap the same benefits. I guess I can take a thermoniter with me and see if my internal temp raises to 100.4.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JOsh i know i haven't been son apparent in this log but i'm still following along my friend!! Silent bob that was a great read and make sure josh you listen to that advice for it is good advice my friend!
Glad your still along buddy. That video was awesome.. nothing more inspiring then listening to the wisdom and advice from a dying man

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very awesome video! and really cool info on sauna's, I was thinking of saving up for the one you can get at Canadian tire, it's like a single sauna for around 900 it looks pretty kick ass lol

Loving the log Josh! keep up the good work!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very awesome video! and really cool info on sauna's, I was thinking of saving up for the one you can get at Canadian tire, it's like a single sauna for around 900 it looks pretty kick ass lol

Loving the log Josh! keep up the good work!
Thanks bud! That would be awesome if you can have your own personal sauna, I don't think I have the room in my house. I am gonna try the bathroom tomorow. Run a hot bath and while the steam is building do some major foam rolling and stretching then jump in the bathroom and hopefully reap the benefits from a sauna and massage. I might even throw some Epsom salt in the tub and soak in that for awhile too.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bud! That would be awesome if you can have your own personal sauna, I don't think I have the room in my house. I am gonna try the bathroom tomorow. Run a hot bath and while the steam is building do some major foam rolling and stretching then jump in the bathroom and hopefully reap the benefits from a sauna and massage. I might even throw some Epsom salt in the tub and soak in that for awhile too.
A couple months ago I was looking into tricks to recover faster and I came across this, not to sure if you have heard of this but it's called Contrast Water Therapy.

It seems pretty interesting I tried it once, wasn't too bad, def feels like it shocks the body abit lol

Here is the link of what I was reading-
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sampleworkouts/a/After-Exercise.htm

It talking about it under #8

How to use contrast water therapy: While taking your post-exercise shower, alternate 2 minutes of hot water with 30 seconds of cold water. Repeat four times with a minute of moderate temperatures between each hot-cold spray.

Thought I'd share it with ya:), let me know what you think of it if you try it :bad:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
A couple months ago I was looking into tricks to recover faster and I came across this, not to sure if you have heard of this but it's called Contrast Water Therapy.

It seems pretty interesting I tried it once, wasn't too bad, def feels like it shocks the body abit lol

How to use contrast water therapy: While taking your post-exercise shower, alternate 2 minutes of hot water with 30 seconds of cold water. Repeat four times with a minute of moderate temperatures between each hot-cold spray.

Thought I'd share it with ya:), let me know what you think of it if you try it :bad:
I remember reading about that. I tried it a few times but I wasn't consistent enough with it.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember reading about that. I tried it a few times but I wasn't consistent enough with it.
Well it's def not relaxing as the hottub or sauna thats for sure lol

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I have actually tried cold water therapy before. I think it was someone on this site that recomended it actually. Anyway I felt a little something from it I did it for about a week and a half but then slacked off. I didn't go back and forth between cold and hot though I just slowly turned the water colder and colder while I was showering until it was freezing cold and I had to constantly move like I was washing just to stay the least bit warm. I think the advice was to let the water hit the inner though and pits and just kinda rub it in something about there being alot of nerves there... I dunno but your method seems better or at least easier to do. I will give that a shot thanks

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One thing I would LOVE to be able to do is travel to Israel and take a dip into the dead sea. It is soupposed to be so rich in minerals and salt and magic (well not magic but I think there is other stuff in there just not sure what) I have read before of people going into it and coming out just feeling like a million bucks! I mean stories of people with back pain for years or bad shoulders or whatever and then they take a dip and are healed. Something to do with the content of the sea just helps your body i dunno. Anyone hear of this?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright time for me to say some thing lol.

Hmm looks like the Finnish r on to something with the saunas. They r def good after a hard workout. Used to go during wrestling season even when I was just coaching.

The only bad thing about contrast showers r they arent cheap. So if u go to a gym do them there lol.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Josh you can go to LA fitness and pay $15 for a day membership and use the F out of their sauna/steamroom/pool. not very cheap but i go once in a while so thats not bad.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Josh you can go to LA fitness and pay $15 for a day membership and use the F out of their sauna/steamroom/pool. not very cheap but i go once in a while so thats not bad.
Not a bad idea but it is a little pricey. There is a LA fitness on my way to school so I might stop in and get details. Maybe on my deload week I will try it out and get some good relaxation.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:party:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Not a bad idea but it is a little pricey. There is a LA fitness on my way to school so I might stop in and get details. Maybe on my deload week I will try it out and get some good relaxation.
yea i go to the one in turnersville. half the time the girl just lets me in for free since im not really using the gym, just the sauna.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Awesome progress and same for the log. I've learned a bunch so far, from you and everyone else up in this log, good stuff for sure!! Solid!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome progress and same for the log. I've learned a bunch so far, from you and everyone else up in this log, good stuff for sure!! Solid!!
Thanks! Your not the only one learning.. Since I started this log I too have learned a great deal from this experience. From rodja suggesting WS4SB and got me looking into that program to anton and his view of nutrition to the latest from silentbob and the advantages of saunas. This has been a great experience for me and with the weight loss I am learning more about my body and how I move and noticing some things that I feel are holding me back that I never noticed before such as the thightness in my hips. I most certainly got alot out of this experience and I am happy to hear that you did as well.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Log Update

So I am a week behind in updates. I apoligize to anyone who is still following. I got busy with school and work and got some news a while ago.. I am having another child... a baby girl! So there has been some planning going on.. clearing out of my wifes office and converting it into a nursery. I wont go through and post an update of day by day for the past week but just a general update. Libido is still up so I think it is safe to say DAA is working, my weight dropped to 189 for 2 days then crept back up to 190 and im holding around there. This morning I was 191. Workouts are still going strong and it is basically the same routine I have been doing. I havent upped my cardio like I had planned for the week due to lack of available workout time. Today is bench day so I am gonna try and bang in some tire flips and sledge hammer swings after the workout. I did recently join a boxing gym so I am a little excited about that. As you can see from my username I have done judo before but can't now due to a conflict in my schedule so it has been put on hold. A new boxing gym opened up around here and a buddy talked me into joining. The price wasnt bad and they gave me an open contract so I can cancel if it doesnt turn out good. Now I am just faced with the decision of how to fit in the boxing, workouts, school, and work all into me week schedule. My options basically come down to either workout before I work or workout and box on my off days. I am going to try and do 2 a days for now and see how I feel and if I must I will switch my workouts to the days I work. I think though as long as I get a couple hours inbetween my workout and boxing I should be good. I will have some sort of carb inbetween aswell like a sweet potato or fruit. All and all that is pretty much what has happened so far.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To make up the lateness of my update please accept the following pictures as my gift...

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
JJ very nice log I just got caught up@@@

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
JJ if you have time to ccok hear is a great dessert.. Pumpkin Rice pudding

2 cups water
1 cup arborio rice
3cups reduced-fat (2%)milk
1 cup soild pake pure pumpkin( not pumpkin pie filling)
3/4 cup of honey
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3/4teasppon ground cinnamon
1/4teaspoon ground ginger
1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4teaspoon salt

Pre-heat oven 350
bring water to boil in a ovenproof 4 quart saucepan. Stir in the rice and cover . reduce the heat to low and simmer until the rice is nearly cooked about 20min

in a lage bowl, whisk together the milk,pumpkin,honey,vanilla,cinnamon,ginger,nutmeg and salt. While the rice is still hot add the pumpkinj mix to the saucepan and stir well to combine. Cover and transfer to the oven. Bake until the liquid has reduced by about a third and the mixture is foamy and bubbling 45 -50 min. remove from oven and stir well to combine all the ingredients. transfer to to a lage bowl, then cover and chill in the refrig for 8 hours or over night it will be good for 4 days.

Makes 8 servings
serving size
1/2 cup rice pudding

per serving
Cal 240
total fat 6g
sat fat 3.5g
Mono fat 1.5
poly fat 0g
Protein 4g
Carb 42g
fiber 1 g
cholesterol 20MG
sodium 120 mg

Just an FYI Canned pumpkin is a great souce of beta Carotene.. enjoy!!!

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the new family member man!! Log is great, keep it up!! I boxed in high school (many moons ago) and I loved it, just wish I would have wrestled. The drills and conditioning for boxing are great, and will compliment your Judo well. Have fun with it and congratulations again!!