Derailing the Epistane Train

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

hey bro, welcome to the forum! i'll pm you in just a sec to help out and let you know some of the "watch-out!"s on AM (like posing about PH outside of the ph section )

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.

i wonder if you'll be able to see some "epistane difference" when your through with pct
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

i think the cycle i ran was more of just to run one, especially being a lightweight. the differences i have learned/made in diet and training over the past year are beyond night and day. i dont see myself running anything again for awhile, there are just too many programs out there to follow like the 5x5, bill starr's variation, or just straight up hypertrophy with splits. and AM is an endless supply of logs and things to try that dont require any ph/ds use at all. i think ive gained more since epi than while on.

training for starters, i was really all into mike mentzers HIT where you have to work the **** out of yourself once a week to get big or risk over training, so i spent the first couple weeks doing that, and finally getting pissed off about not putting in the work/effort that i used to and ran 3 and then 4 day split.

since starting 5x5 ive already beat my deadlift pr's while on epi, was 2x275 and im already aiming for 5x280 next week and i feel that it will take a great amount of effort for me, but will hit it and bump up the following week.

at this stage in the game for me, im pretty sure that if i was running a placebo, i'd have had the same results!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuecker View Post
    ego+1, was complimented on my shoulders at work today. all them pushups and overhead presses are starting to pay off
    Gotta love the shoulder workouts... One of my favorite days.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

overdid something last wednesday, been off since then. skipping squats and being very careful with the shoulders this week. my right shoulder is like, jesus... well not really like jesus but DAMNIT anyway. not sure if it's because ive been toying around with glucosamine amounts per day or whatever, but it's been popping LOUD. feels much better today, but still being careful.

this week will be Monday / Thursday / Saturday due to schedule. I'll be up in Philly the rest of the week doing mindless exercises for work (most likely lots of geocaching and visiting the town). Planning for good weather, packing for the worst. Can't wait to get up there for a change of pace.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

ok im a lying bastard

squats: went easy on these to make sure i didnt hurt myself further
    5x45
    5x95
    5x135
    5x155
    5x175
    5x195

bench: for some reason that damn shoulder was holding me back from moving forward
    5x5x135

inverted row: better form this week so these numbers mean a lot more to me
    10/9/7

pushups
    40/20/25

reverse crunch: these things are still the devil
    3x12 w/ 40lb counterweight

can't wait to see how this feels in a day or two
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

are you ready for fall?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

That's a lot of pills my man.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.

holy ****, that is a lot of pills! how much was all that? how you gonna be runnin it?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

all in due time my friends

got back from philly late last night, schedule is a bit messed. i'll be hitting my wednesday today (5x5 workout B) and will be hitting A on Sunday. Next week is going to go Tue (AM) Wed (PM) Fri(PM). I work late shift next week but it offsets by so little that I just have to remember to feed the dog/cats a bit sooner when I get in.

moving to the city and working there would probably do me a lot of good, i dont think i've ever walked that much since last time I was up there. good workout dodging cars and people at rush hour!!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

finally reached my grip limit on these damn deadlifts. it was very f**** hard to get 5x295, forearms need to wake the hell up and grow

squat: 5x135 warm up, 5x5x185, 1x225 just to taste the future. lower back was feeling the work, cant wait for this to get better!

overhead press: 5x5x85 felt good, im reminded again that shoulders are one of my weak points. i will feel this like a mofo

dead: 5x295. wish i had my straps but left them at home, needed them tonight if i was going to go any heavier.

pull up: 5/5/5
    prone bridges: 3x30 seconds

very good night IMO and looking forward to sunday. tired now, very tired. going to eat and click on the tv and drift into never never land.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

getting ready to head out. some things i learned from last week for myself, even a little bit of alcohol seems to kill my progress groove. i havent felt right since last week in philly+last weekend. this is going to be another hardcore party weekend, but i'll probably leave the patron and vodka alone.

since i started actually working on squats and the reverse crunches, ive noticed the beginning of ab transformation so im pretty excited there. a little behind schedule but hell i have a couple months to go so im going to be stepping them up. i know 5x5 has them set at twice a week but im thinking every day or every other day regardless.

picture quality is complete crap, but i need to post something to look back on later.

also happy birthday to my AM membership, just renewed after my first year. here's to another one!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

just noticed i didnt post up sunday's workout.

squat
    3x5x185

i think the lower amounts of glucosamine worked against me, or ive been wearing myself out lately since i became such a lazy bastard after getting out of the army

finished up with 2x5x135

bench
    5x135
    5x5x145

shoulders still hurt here, being careful to not get hurt and build back strength here

inverted row
    11/7/7

pushups
    40/15/15

reverse crunch, 40lb counter
    3x12

cant wait to see how i feel after tonight

im going to keep the 185 squat and make sure i can nail 5x5, keeping the 145 bench to see how i feel in a couple days from it

reverse crunches still hurt like a mother f*cker from middle of 2nd set on. i wish someone would have stressed these to me back in my younger days.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Give me some more squat volume man.

Rack that 185 up three sets if you have to. Try to pound out 20 reps.

If you dont feel like puking or sh*tting yourself on leg day - I'd call it a failure.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.

hows the epistane treating ya?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    hows the epistane treating ya?
    pct for that ended around feb, im not sure if it was the druggggs or the mental state just from knowing i was taking something, but i did start pushing myself a bit more.

TL: i actually think the 185 is too much for my lower back, or right around the hips. i can get 5x5 but it takes me like 15 minutes to nail them all and im breathing like a son of a bitch and sweating. it's a good time and all but it's mostly due to joint pain too and i dont want to take any backwards steps. i'll take your advice and hit my last set to failure (im trying to maintain the 5x5 program) or 20 reps, whichever comes first. also, backing down to 175 to make sure im only working muscles and not grinding my bones to death. then again, maybe im just being too wussy about it. i'll know in a few weeks though! im still on the glucosamine, i need to add in some super cissus.

i tried capping a few months ago but that's messy as ****, im just going to start dumping the cissus into a shake or two every day and see what happens.

friday im bringing straps and going for that 301 deadlift. that bitch is mine!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

normally i dont eat until after the gym, but i had like 50g carbs in corn and some hamburgers and i had the biggest damn pump ever after going through the pushups. im gonna have to consider eating that for awhile! lol

squat
    5x185
    moving back to 175. it's not muscle failure, but hips seem to be stressed the f*** out. once whatever is there gets stronger i'll be able to kill more weight.

bench
    5x135
    keeping that weight until my shoulders act right

inverted row
    12/8/7

pushups
    40/16/9
    been very tired lately, feel flat on my face after that number 9

reverse crunch, 35 lb counter. still brutal
    3x12

im also firing my o'neil large shirt. it wears like a medium and feels tiny. i hate it. i bet it's mislabeled!@#
  18. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Haste09 View Post
    Hey, i'm a first time poster, and this is actually the first site ive ever joined, but i have a question it sounds like you guys might know about, idk how to start a new thread or topic or whatever if thats how you ask a question but someone let me know. Here is my question- I've been lifting all nat long enough and done enough research to want to start my first PH cycle, however, i want to do one of the most mild ones, with minimal cons, and decent pros in dry gains, so ive been told H-drol, Havoc, or Epistane. Anyway, i want to know which one would be best overall, and if milk thistle through and after and nolva or some good AI would be enough for PCT. I know some guys who did only one product for PCT that was supposed to have it all and it worked fine so i dont want to have to buy three to fice PCT supps if its not necessary ya know. But any feedback would be appreciated.
    Cool mate, in future I'd start your own new thread by pressing 'new thread' on the forum you want to post in.

H-drol seems like the best choice for you IMO from what you've posted but I'd read a few more logs on each of those products before you buy anything. Get on the company forums or do a post for 'epistane log' for example, there's tons of information on here if you're willing to look for it.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/

In terms of PCT, I wholeheartedly believe in purchasing SERMS (nolva, clomid etc.) as a precaution, even if you choose to not use them. There's a massive amount of information on post cycle therapy in this forum:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/

I went with a SERM and cortisol blocker for my last PCT (10-week Testosterone Enanthate cycle), whether you feel you need one for a DS/PH cycle is debateable, I personally wouldn't cycle without one on hand.

They are tried and tested and will certainly prevent most oestrogenic sides from the steroids getting worse when you come off cycle. Obviously they are illegal to purchase without prescription in the US, so be careful.

Before I leave this poor OP to get back to his thread, all I'll say is research MORE than you feel you need, leave NOTHING to chance or you'll regret it.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

my buddy charles has me trying Ceylon cinnamon (NOT CASSIA aka grocery store) to help with the joints. it has an antioxidant rating of ~300,000 (q10 is ~4000). now the cassia cinnamon (most common) has this crap called courmarin in it which will destroy your liver (you can guess what this is bad, especially with some of the "supplements" we take here). it also helps with cholesterol, and that's how he came across it.

couple good links: http://www.ceylon-cinnamon.com/Identify-Cinnamon.htm http://www.bfr.bund.de/cd/8487 http://oracvalues.com/spices-cinnamon-ground

where i'll be ordering from
    http://www.druera.com/shopping/produ...67b4a0dddf9e73

looking forward to posting results once i start taking this
  20. Registered User

getting ready to head out. some things i learned from last week for myself, even a little bit of alcohol seems to kill my progress groove. i havent felt right since last week in philly+last weekend. this is going to be another hardcore party weekend, but i'll probably leave the patron and vodka alone.

since i started actually working on squats and the reverse crunches, ive noticed the beginning of ab transformation so im pretty excited there. a little behind schedule but hell i have a couple months to go so im going to be stepping them up. i know 5x5 has them set at twice a week but im thinking every day or every other day regardless.

picture quality is complete crap, but i need to post something to look back on later.

also happy birthday to my AM membership, just renewed after my first year. here's to another one!

Sup bro! Great progress brol. Looking good. Keep up the good work man. You will soon be a beast.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Give me some more squat volume man.

Rack that 185 up three sets if you have to. Try to pound out 20 reps.

If you dont feel like puking or sh*tting yourself on leg day - I'd call it a failure.
    going to go 175 for 20 reps on first set tomorrow! already written in the log book as complete, so now it must be done!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

going to go 175 for 20 reps on first set tomorrow! already written in the log book as complete, so now it must be done!
    Let me know how it goes. Do you belt up?
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Let me know how it goes. Do you belt up?
    no belt. i remember buying one and subsequently reading an assload of threads where using a belt allows you to be more sloppy and hurt yourself even more. if it doesnt feel right, i lessen the load. so far that's only an issue with joints, most likely due to lack of enough supporting muscle in that area. i had the same issue with skull crushers and elbows when i first started, and now that valley indentation is nice and thick like the rope we use when rock climbing. i know it just takes a little time and then the increases are insane. getting to that point is what keeps me moving.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

squat
    - okay totally pussied out on the widowmakers
    5x135
    10x175
    5x175
    5x175

bench
    4x5x135
    5x145
    - anterior delts still weak, building these. my new nickname is mister muscle imbalance

inverted row
    - improving here
    12/9/6

*lightning crash outside* wonder if i'll get to post this before power cuts out

supposed to get hail too, woot

pushup
    40/17/15

reverse crunch, 35 lb counter
    3x12
    - first set was easy, getting somewhere on these finally
    - last set was still a complete bitÁh

the last two weeks have been hell at work and ive missed a few days.
    i think it's helped me recover a bit from possibly straining myself too much on some things. it could all just be in my head, but i feel great and cant wait to get in there again.

also considering ditching this 5x5 thing and going back to a m/t r/f split. i really liked that pace and didnt have so many rest days that skipping was easy or as detrimental to progress. anyone has a great 4 day split they want me to jump on just hollar.

one thing to know is that i love the inverted rows and the pushups in 5x5 because i always feel a hellish pump in my little t-rex arms afterwards. also combining push/pull in the same day seems to be really awesome in terms of stretching too and helping with blood flow after the working set.

happy monday!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

I do a 5 day split buddy, but it's not confined to a specific day. I just move onto the next part when I get to the gym next - so could be 6 days on a row, or 3 days a week.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

massive abuse tonight

i abused the squat rack for overhead press less than 135 lbs

some dude tried to kill me for being such a little bitÁh

squats- ok by next monday new routine, im sick of squats every day
    5x135
    5x175
    5x155
    5x135
    3x225

overhead press
    5x85
    5x105
    5x85
    3x105
    5x85

dead
    3x310
    3x225
    3x135

i saw 2 other 45s in the corner crying, they know their time is coming
    strapless, like the tops my women wear

pullup
    10/6/2
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Ill forgive you for the overhead.

Congrats on the 225 squats, I know you've been looking forward to that for awhile.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

today is free for all day at the gym, any exercise, any weight goes, the only requirement massive intensity and massive pain

nothing new worth posting from the past week number wise. the shoulders are starting to grow to support this skeletal structure and allow me to push larger numbers soon. cant wait to graduate 135 overhead press. i think next cycle is going to be pretty furious, bring it on i say
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

im calling gym fun day a success, no notebook, just running like a crazy bitch from one piece of equipment to the next. let's see if i can remember anything:

2x10x135
    10x155 bench with 0 pain and proper form for once in my damn life

2x10x135 decline bench (found a new muscle in the back of my arm here)

2x10x110kg pec deck

10x45 tbar row
    10x90
    10x115
    10x45

10x20 tricep pull down
    10x30
    10x40
    10x20

lots of bb curls

massive pump courtesy of anadraulic state

oh and 2 megamillions quick pick lottery tickets to finish it off
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

oh and call it all mental or placebo or whatever you want, but I'm totally calling Anabolic Xtreme's "AXcite" absolutely AWESOME. it's like truth serum, now all the womens are verbalizing how massively good Anabolic Minds has been to me!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How Much Do You Train During a Run?
    By specmike in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 05:01 PM
  2. is it really that bad to train every day?
    By mkretz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 12:48 PM
  3. DID I DC TRAIN RIGHT?
    By greekgeorge in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 08:54 PM
  4. Did I miss the Epistane train?Help a noob out!
    By Gicantor in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 07:13 PM
  5. How To Train Yourself
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 03:19 PM