Derailing the Epistane Train

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Give me some more squat volume man.

Rack that 185 up three sets if you have to. Try to pound out 20 reps.

If you dont feel like puking or sh*tting yourself on leg day - I'd call it a failure.
    going to go 175 for 20 reps on first set tomorrow! already written in the log book as complete, so now it must be done!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rbuecker View Post
    going to go 175 for 20 reps on first set tomorrow! already written in the log book as complete, so now it must be done!
    Let me know how it goes. Do you belt up?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Let me know how it goes. Do you belt up?
    no belt. i remember buying one and subsequently reading an assload of threads where using a belt allows you to be more sloppy and hurt yourself even more. if it doesnt feel right, i lessen the load. so far that's only an issue with joints, most likely due to lack of enough supporting muscle in that area. i had the same issue with skull crushers and elbows when i first started, and now that valley indentation is nice and thick like the rope we use when rock climbing. i know it just takes a little time and then the increases are insane. getting to that point is what keeps me moving.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

squat
    - okay totally pussied out on the widowmakers
    5x135
    10x175
    5x175
    5x175

bench
    4x5x135
    5x145
    - anterior delts still weak, building these. my new nickname is mister muscle imbalance

inverted row
    - improving here
    12/9/6

*lightning crash outside* wonder if i'll get to post this before power cuts out

supposed to get hail too, woot

pushup
    40/17/15

reverse crunch, 35 lb counter
    3x12
    - first set was easy, getting somewhere on these finally
    - last set was still a complete bitÁh

the last two weeks have been hell at work and ive missed a few days.
    i think it's helped me recover a bit from possibly straining myself too much on some things. it could all just be in my head, but i feel great and cant wait to get in there again.

also considering ditching this 5x5 thing and going back to a m/t r/f split. i really liked that pace and didnt have so many rest days that skipping was easy or as detrimental to progress. anyone has a great 4 day split they want me to jump on just hollar.

one thing to know is that i love the inverted rows and the pushups in 5x5 because i always feel a hellish pump in my little t-rex arms afterwards. also combining push/pull in the same day seems to be really awesome in terms of stretching too and helping with blood flow after the working set.

happy monday!
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I do a 5 day split buddy, but it's not confined to a specific day. I just move onto the next part when I get to the gym next - so could be 6 days on a row, or 3 days a week.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

massive abuse tonight

i abused the squat rack for overhead press less than 135 lbs

some dude tried to kill me for being such a little bitÁh

squats- ok by next monday new routine, im sick of squats every day
    5x135
    5x175
    5x155
    5x135
    3x225

overhead press
    5x85
    5x105
    5x85
    3x105
    5x85

dead
    3x310
    3x225
    3x135

i saw 2 other 45s in the corner crying, they know their time is coming
    strapless, like the tops my women wear

pullup
    10/6/2
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Ill forgive you for the overhead.

Congrats on the 225 squats, I know you've been looking forward to that for awhile.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

today is free for all day at the gym, any exercise, any weight goes, the only requirement massive intensity and massive pain

nothing new worth posting from the past week number wise. the shoulders are starting to grow to support this skeletal structure and allow me to push larger numbers soon. cant wait to graduate 135 overhead press. i think next cycle is going to be pretty furious, bring it on i say
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

im calling gym fun day a success, no notebook, just running like a crazy bitch from one piece of equipment to the next. let's see if i can remember anything:

2x10x135
    10x155 bench with 0 pain and proper form for once in my damn life

2x10x135 decline bench (found a new muscle in the back of my arm here)

2x10x110kg pec deck

10x45 tbar row
    10x90
    10x115
    10x45

10x20 tricep pull down
    10x30
    10x40
    10x20

lots of bb curls

massive pump courtesy of anadraulic state

oh and 2 megamillions quick pick lottery tickets to finish it off
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

oh and call it all mental or placebo or whatever you want, but I'm totally calling Anabolic Xtreme's "AXcite" absolutely AWESOME. it's like truth serum, now all the womens are verbalizing how massively good Anabolic Minds has been to me!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Thumbs up

time for another logbook-less day, f the book! mp3 player is locked and loaded and it's time to get pumped! today brought to us by sevendust, hatebreed, terror, slipknot, a little white zombie, some godsmack, and pantera
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

ok, tried moving the shake to after working out. a lot of you guys swear by doing carbs and whey post workout (god I hope I read this wrong though), and all I can say is HYPO. i can almost see the forum, sort of, all these flippy colors and ****- did someone try to drug me while i was busy lifting? O_O lol

so yeah, im going to go back to what i was doing preworkout

as soon as i can see the kitchen.. hah
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

ok, tried moving the shake to after working out. a lot of you guys swear by doing carbs and whey post workout (god I hope I read this wrong though), and all I can say is HYPO. i can almost see the forum, sort of, all these flippy colors and ****- did someone try to drug me while i was busy lifting? O_O lol

so yeah, im going to go back to what i was doing preworkout

as soon as i can see the kitchen.. hah
    Hypo from eating post workout? That just doesn't make sense dude. You don't eat following your workout?!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Hypo from eating post workout? That just doesn't make sense dude. You don't eat following your workout?!
    no no i missed my pre workout shake, spent about an hour in there, and it just hit me on the way out. ive been eating to get out of the whole mess. still a little spotty vision but not as bad
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

no no i missed my pre workout shake, spent about an hour in there, and it just hit me on the way out. ive been eating to get out of the whole mess. still a little spotty vision but not as bad
    If you're still bulking, take a shake before and after... Its a no brainer.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Answers

If you're still bulking, take a shake before and after... Its a no brainer.
    good advice
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

finally back into splitting up everything across 4 days. i did back yesterday, and used some of the lat hammer strength equipment for the first time yesterday. lots of rowing yesterday too, forearms are totally bitching at me. by the end of 45 minutes i was unable to cheat even 1 pull up and today i feel absolutely awesome.

quick question, when you guys mention doing 12+ sets, are you talking per exercise or the sum of all exercise sets combined? (ive been cursed with technical writing for years and it causes common sense to be not very common at all.)

timmmmayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

finally back into splitting up everything across 4 days. i did back yesterday, and used some of the lat hammer strength equipment for the first time yesterday. lots of rowing yesterday too, forearms are totally bitching at me. by the end of 45 minutes i was unable to cheat even 1 pull up and today i feel absolutely awesome.

quick question, when you guys mention doing 12+ sets, are you talking per exercise or the sum of all exercise sets combined? (ive been cursed with technical writing for years and it causes common sense to be not very common at all.)

timmmmayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12+ sets would be the conglomeration of all exercises for the body part.. say... 4 sets of flat bench, 4 sets of incline bench, and 4 sets of decline cable flies... something like that.

Personally I prefer more.

Was the hammer machine something between a lat pulldown and a low row? Like a 45 degree angle? I've used mine a couple times - to no great avail... but I think that would be a great muscle set to train.. Would really bulk up the area right behind your pec.... Good "t-shirt" muscle.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

12+ sets would be the conglomeration of all exercises for the body part.. say... 4 sets of flat bench, 4 sets of incline bench, and 4 sets of decline cable flies... something like that.

Personally I prefer more.

Was the hammer machine something between a lat pulldown and a low row? Like a 45 degree angle? I've used mine a couple times - to no great avail... but I think that would be a great muscle set to train.. Would really bulk up the area right behind your pec.... Good "t-shirt" muscle.
    yep exactly, i went to get the name of it but there were a bunch of kids monkeying around so i stayed clear. im not sure if it was that machine, or all the yard work and moving this weekend, but definitely felt it in my rear shoulder. starting to get a lot of comments about the wings too, but they're from long time friends who are used to me as a stick. still nice to hear though.

today was chest/tri day, let's see how memory serves

bench
    10x115
    10x135
    6x145
    6x155

pec deck
    2x10x50
    10x70
    10x100

dips (hammer)
    10x180
    10x140
    10x115
    10x90
    10x45 (left, then right)

tricep pull down
    4x10x35

incline db press
    4x6x35s
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

planning this afternoon; squats, calves, leg press, leg curl, leg extension
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

switched to timbersplit a couple days ago, makes today another leg day. going to keep squats light and go for widows @ 135. gotta start somewhere!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

i do believe this body i've got to work with needs more core training. the only thing that really bothered me on that 20x135 was my back, and it was fine, but it's the only thing that talked to me. same on leg press.

and i think i have been breathing wrong on leg press so i started back at sled + 2 plates working on breathing for about 5x5. i noticed i was holding my breath and made my head hurt like ****, so bad technique there.

im thinking of going the way of djbombguywhatever and making videos so you guys can tell me the zillion things im doing wrong. esp in squats and all that nonsense. it would require me being slightly less lazy but might be worth it.

had to pry myself from the gym today, was very very very awesome day. im sure friday has something to do with it, or the band im about to go see (local cover ****, god bless the bar scene).

you guys have a good weekend. this weekend is all cardio (yard work), lots of trees and bushes to continue clearing!
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

TimberSplit.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

123/76 @ 64 bp
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Answers

i do believe this body i've got to work with needs more core training. the only thing that really bothered me on that 20x135 was my back, and it was fine, but it's the only thing that talked to me. same on leg press.

and i think i have been breathing wrong on leg press so i started back at sled + 2 plates working on breathing for about 5x5. i noticed i was holding my breath and made my head hurt like ****, so bad technique there.

im thinking of going the way of djbombguywhatever and making videos so you guys can tell me the zillion things im doing wrong. esp in squats and all that nonsense. it would require me being slightly less lazy but might be worth it.

had to pry myself from the gym today, was very very very awesome day. im sure friday has something to do with it, or the band im about to go see (local cover ****, god bless the bar scene).

you guys have a good weekend. this weekend is all cardio (yard work), lots of trees and bushes to continue clearing!
    yeah videos would be awesome. sometimes you can hold your breath for certain excersizes to create a block for your ribcage so it doesnt colapse in on your organs. Like durring a deadlift.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

been battling a bitch of a headache all week, finally decided to take yesterday off and sleep a bit extra. that's the reason i took my bp measurement above, i thought it might be high. regardless, my eyes were still bloodshot more than normal. did the next thing i could think of and bumped up food/water. im sure all three (food/water/sleep) helped and im finally good today. i really think i just slept in a really messed up position on friday, but who knows.

killed 5x310 dead today (after 3x135 3x225 warm up). for once i was just insanely out of breath instead of feeling anything in my lower back. im pissed, im sure i had at least one more in me. i had racked up 4x45 and then set up 2x25 and 4x10 just in case 310 was too much, but that sleep yesterday must have really helped.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

dear summertime,

you are a piece of crap for giving my bread the mold. i hope you are happy.

sincerely,
    hungry bastard
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

dear summertime,

you are a piece of crap for giving my bread the mold. i hope you are happy.

sincerely,
    hungry bastard
    You gotta fridge up pimp!!! Just warm it in the toaster for a second... all good.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

You gotta fridge up pimp!!! Just warm it in the toaster for a second... all good.
    man last week i ate at this small Diner with some people from work, we had a co-worker who was leaving and we threw her a "going away lunch". i remember telling the waitress not to toast my bread, but when it came it was obviously toasted. you know how it has that slight crisp feel on the surface, but it was really light like they forgot i said not to and took the bread out really fast. turns out, it was just really really damn stale.

im out of eggs, so i decided to make chicken for breakfast and tossed a bunch of cheese on there
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

excellent shoulder day today, give it all of my effort and felt really good afterward.

i'll give you the numbers here so you can see i still have a long way to go

overhead press

5x85
    5x105
    5x85
    5x65
    5x85

today was the first day i did not feel this exercise entirely in my middle back, but in my anterior delts. that is why i judge today a great success here alone.

arnolds
    5x20
    5x25
    5x30
    good god fail .5 x 35
    5x30
    5x30

db raises
    10x20
    10x25
    10x25
    10x30
    10x35

i meant to do shrugs, but i dont mind that i skipped/forgot about them

came home and have been cutting down trees and bushes and **** all afternoon. i love having the day off, makes me want to get a home internet business selling DTH so i can quit my job!@#&*()!@#
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

oh yeah, there was a leg day on saturday. my lower back was still recovering from 5x310 deads so squats suffered. leg press was good 8 plates for 5 for my main working set. leg curls were decent as well, i forget the numbers but no regrets on my performance sat morning. this is a pretty bad ass week so far.

i did recently change my multi to zmk (i think that's what it's called). costs more and lasts shorter than my previous, however i'm waking up ready to kick ass every day so far. also going to start playing around with melatonin/gaba/phenibut so pretty excited there.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

oh and try as hard as i might to eat more every day, my weight is staying the same. hopefully im burning off some of this weight gainer fat. started doing hammerstrength for bench at the gym i normally go to on the way home from work. i feel better about failing on that equipment than on a bench. what im really hoping is that it equates to being able to bench more freeweight even if the numbers are less than on hammer. i will continue doing db bench at the end of my workout to keep working on stabilizing.

normally i only bench ~155, i have problems getting the bar from rest to ready higher weight than that. but with hammer i can load up 185 and rock out.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

missed the 310 dead today, back just didnt feel right. im sure i could have had one at least but best to be safe than sorry. i made sure to begin enforcing punishments for missing a goal

3x225 was supposed to warm up into 5+x310
    5x275
    5x275
    5x225
    10x135

and a bunch of pullups and rows and things like that. now that i think about it, i totally forgot db rows. damnit.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Thumbs up

the nice thing about a 24x7 not always staffed gym with key card access is that somedays, like today, you get the entire damn place to yourself for an hour- and then the complete book of being nice to others etiquette gets thrown out the window and louder grunts, disregard for gas passing, and still louder cursing fills the air. god bless america

today was legs and arms, and for curls i just started using the 45# bar from the bench and throwing 10s on it until my wrist said enough. can't wait to stack 45s on that thing!!!

lots of tricep pushdowns various angles were involved today

started out w/ squats @ 10x135 5x155 5x175 5x195 10x135
    lower back has been bothering me a little so im sticking with basically this layout until the discomfort disappears. also threw in a rest day yesterday to try and help, giving me rest on fri/sun.

leg press, 10x2 plates, 5x4, 5x6, 5x8, 5x6, 5x4, 15x2

calves, 5x10x330

intensity was extremely high today, i'm attributing that to the banana consumed 20 minutes prewo. also snuck in 5x135 bench because there were a bunch of a$shats that left weights set all over the place. that always pisses me off, but it's a good opportunity to lift just a little extra. threw in some pullups as well but nothing exciting (5 just to help with the back, and some back extensions).

talk about an A.D.D. post... carry on, and happy weekend. now to enjoy some gaba and melatonin
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Haha, you want to curl 135 on an Olympic? That's huge dude!
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Haha, you want to curl 135 on an Olympic? That's huge dude!
    lol thanks, i have to keep the grip a little wider than i want or my wrists give me hell. not *****ing out for an ezbar though, im dedicated to curling with the olympic- one day i'll be adding on to 135 on that bitch. yesterday had it at 95. i don't think it will be too much longer before 45s are on the end with all of the work that gets thrown in to arms throughout the rest of the week. the insanity is just beginning!!!!!!!!
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

:ahem: I use an EZ bar...
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Answers

:ahem: I use an EZ bar...
    when my wrist snaps in half i'll wish i could use an ez bar!!!!!
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Am I just the odd one out the Ez bars are the only thing to ever hurt my wrists?..
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Am I just the odd one out the Ez bars are the only thing to ever hurt my wrists?..
    You're probably holding it wrong.

Or maybe too much weight?

For curls you should be on the outside contour - so that your thumbs are pointing up and to the outside of your body.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How Much Do You Train During a Run?
    By specmike in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 05:01 PM
  2. is it really that bad to train every day?
    By mkretz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 12:48 PM
  3. DID I DC TRAIN RIGHT?
    By greekgeorge in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 08:54 PM
  4. Did I miss the Epistane train?Help a noob out!
    By Gicantor in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 07:13 PM
  5. How To Train Yourself
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 03:19 PM