Is this a good plan?

fmavila05

Awards
Hey guys first post here I was just curious if anyone can give me some suggestions on my weight loss plan I started up last week. Any help would be appreciated:

Morning

Eat 3/4 cup of oatmeal, a banana, two pieces wheat toast, and two eggs. I also take 2 Stimulant-X pills.

About 2-3 hours after this I eat some fruit usually strawberries and grapes. I'm guessing about 1-2 cups overall.

Another 2-3 hours is my lunch. Usually a tuna or chicken sandwich on wheat with light mayo.

Workout: High intensity body weight exercises for about 1 hour.

About an hour after my workout I have some more fruit, about the same amount as mentioned above.

Muay Thai training for about 1.5 hours.

Dinner: I haven't really had anything consistent for dinner, usually something my family makes which doesn't fit in with my diet.

Over the span of the day I drink about a gallon of water. I'm really looking for some low cost suggestions for dinner and alternatives for lunch and snack. Really anything that sticks out any help would be appreciated.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I would reccomend that after your workout you try to take in some whey protein with some carbs, your body is in a prime anabolic state so nutrition after w/o is crucial.

For dinner you can do anything from lean ground turkey or beef, steak, chicken and pair it with some brown rice or a sweet potato and your set (and veggies of course.)

plan looks pretty solid but with a few adjustments it could be even better.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey guys first post here I was just curious if anyone can give me some suggestions on my weight loss plan I started up last week. Any help would be appreciated:

Morning

Eat 3/4 cup of oatmeal, a banana, two pieces wheat toast, and two eggs. I also take 2 Stimulant-X pills.

About 2-3 hours after this I eat some fruit usually strawberries and grapes. I'm guessing about 1-2 cups overall.

Another 2-3 hours is my lunch. Usually a tuna or chicken sandwich on wheat with light mayo.

Workout: High intensity body weight exercises for about 1 hour.

About an hour after my workout I have some more fruit, about the same amount as mentioned above.

Muay Thai training for about 1.5 hours.

Dinner: I haven't really had anything consistent for dinner, usually something my family makes which doesn't fit in with my diet.

Over the span of the day I drink about a gallon of water. I'm really looking for some low cost suggestions for dinner and alternatives for lunch and snack. Really anything that sticks out any help would be appreciated.

1st problem I see is you are only eating 2 eggs worth of protein the first 5 hours of your day your first meal is lacking protein to start the morning off right. You should probably add like 4-5 egg whites to this meal. 2nd meal is completely void of protein so you will be needing some there, can of tuna, maybe a protein mix. I would probably think about replacing some of that fruit in the second meal with some oats. post workout maybe a whey shake with some more oats 1/2 cup. Dinner have some chix or lean beef with some fiberous carbs like green beens or brocc, last meal try some cottage cheese or a casein shake. 2-3 of those meals maybe include 1/2 tablespoon of some of natty pb or some almonds. Thats pretty close to what I would do on a budget. The diet you have listed is lacking protein and you will be losing some muscle. Might want adjust this to your own body weight.

liftin9

liftin9

Awards
Fruits aren't all that great. The fructose in them is preferentially used for energy storage in the liver. What you want is complex carbs that fuel the muscles. Also, you may want to look into a ketogenic diet.