Planning ahead for a cut

Jensing

Awards
I am 6'4 and started a clean bulk 7 weeks ago at 220 lbs. I started by eating 2700 calories a day but I'm currently eating about 3500 calories a day and gaining a lb a week and up to 228 13ish% BF (abs are still visible when I flex). My goal is 235 in another 6 weeks or so for a total of 13 weeks bulking and then I will transition to a cut around Feb 1st.

My bulking stack looked about like this:
SNS Phosphatidic Acid weeks 1-8
Glycophase weeks 1-8
CEL MTest weeks 1-6
Optimize T weeks 7-13
Anacyclus weeks 8-13

So I'm just into week 8, loving the combo of Optimize and PA but PA is almost gone. I also take creatine, preworkout, protein, multi, fish oil. When I transition to a cut I will have about 12 weeks or so to lean out. I'm thinking by then my maintenance calories should be up to about 3500 calories so I'll start cutting around 3000 with a lot of room to reduce when needed.

What are some good supplement stacks you would recommend to accomplish leaning out and holding onto muscle as much as possible. I already have 6 weeks Mtest, 8 weeks Recomp20 on hand, but not sure if those will for sure be used or not.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Recomp 20 by sns for sure its awesome for a cut (mood is amazing while being on less calories and tightens up muscles). I like the concept of including a test boosting supplement (used anacylcus and optimize t) into cutting phase; overall I feel better stronger which sometimes is the boost you need to keep you on track.

With recomp 20 i would add some evomuse Brite new formula is coming out and from what has been said a major impressive upgrade. Be a killer stack.

Or If you are looking for stim blend hands down lipo elite by cel, sweat like crazy, mood boosting effects tons of energy and no crash.

Lipovantage by cel non stimulant version and easily a 12/10 for suppressing appetite and or cravings especially deep into cut. Still extremely prominent mood boosting and tons of sweating will be noticeable.

Last edited:

Jensing

Awards
Recomp 20 by sns for sure its awesome for a cut (mood is amazing while being on less calories and tightens up muscles). I like the concept of including a test boosting supplement (used anacylcus and optimize t) into cutting phase; overall I feel better stronger which sometimes is the boost you need to keep you having a successful cut.

With recomp 20 i would add some evomuse Brite new formula is coming out and from what has been said a major impressive upgrade. Be a killer stack.

Or If you are looking for stim blend hands down lipo elite by cel, sweat like crazy, mood boosting effects tons of energy and no crash.

Lipovantage by cel non stimulant version and easily a 12/10 for suppressing appetite and or cravings especially deep into cut. Still extremely prominent mood boosting and tons of sweating will be noticeable.
From the fat burning side of things I like the idea of an all around non stim for a good 8 weeks and an all around stim based for the last 4-6 weeks. I have been over stimmed before in a cut where I just felt fried so I don't want to stack too many stimulant based things for too long. How would you describe Brite, I have no experience with that. I've used Lean Edge numerous times, how would you compare that to Lipovantage?

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
From the fat burning side of things I like the idea of an all around non stim for a good 8 weeks and an all around stim based for the last 4-6 weeks. I have been over stimmed before in a cut where I just felt fried so I don't want to stack too many stimulant based things for too long. How would you describe Brite, I have no experience with that. I've used Lean Edge numerous times, how would you compare that to Lipovantage?
Brite is subtle not really something you feel except increased body temp, but when I ran it in the past was great results. Longer you run it the better it gets; really noticed a huge difference at end of cut my back and abs were the most defined they ever have been even though it was not my lowest weight i have been.

Lean Edge is awesome that tackles multiple pathways for fat loss that is a great option; imo lipovantage I enjoyed a little more, loved the excess sweating aspect and the appetite control was next level (kept me in check the entire cut which made the overall experience a breeze and will run it indefinitely on future cuts). Its a close call on mood boosting but due to the appetite suppression lipo just squeaked by lean edge. With light liss 4x a week and weight training 5 x a week i maintained around 2lbs of weight loss per week when taking lipovantage eating around 2460 calories a week. Can't go wrong with either though.

Good call on doing stim and non stim during cut ; can't really go wrong with any of sns or cel fatloss options they are all well thought out and imo some of the most effective on the market. Could always do recomp20 and lean edge if you had prior success with LE.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm not going to comment on Brite as there are some things in it that I personally wouldn't take or use in a supplement formula.

I like the idea of incorporating stimulant free and stimulant products into a cut, like you mentioned. I do run the stimulant free portion the entire time, even with the stimulant ones, treating the stimulant ones as an extra added edition. For stimulant options, I love Lipo Elite by CEL.

Lean Edge and LipoVantage are great products and are completely different from one another. They make a great stack because they compliment each other very well and target fat loss from different angles.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am 6'4 and started a clean bulk 7 weeks ago at 220 lbs. I started by eating 2700 calories a day but I'm currently eating about 3500 calories a day and gaining a lb a week and up to 228 13ish% BF (abs are still visible when I flex). My goal is 235 in another 6 weeks or so for a total of 13 weeks bulking and then I will transition to a cut around Feb 1st.

My bulking stack looked about like this:
SNS Phosphatidic Acid weeks 1-8
Glycophase weeks 1-8
CEL MTest weeks 1-6
Optimize T weeks 7-13
Anacyclus weeks 8-13

So I'm just into week 8, loving the combo of Optimize and PA but PA is almost gone. I also take creatine, preworkout, protein, multi, fish oil. When I transition to a cut I will have about 12 weeks or so to lean out. I'm thinking by then my maintenance calories should be up to about 3500 calories so I'll start cutting around 3000 with a lot of room to reduce when needed.

What are some good supplement stacks you would recommend to accomplish leaning out and holding onto muscle as much as possible. I already have 6 weeks Mtest, 8 weeks Recomp20 on hand, but not sure if those will for sure be used or not.
I would definitely use Recomp20 during the cut if it were me, and I would stack it with M-Test. Someone recently posted bloodwork in the Recomp20 thread of their stack of Recomp20 and M-Test and it was very impressive.

For fat loss products, I hate cutting so I tend to go all out and I'm also very strategic about the way I plan things out and what I use. Here is my core list of what I use and why; I do add other things in sometimes like TTA-500 and Forskolin XT, but usually when laying something out for people, I try to stick to the formulation products to keep it simpler.
  • Lean Edge
    • Lean Edge is my overall favorite stimulant free fat burner because it targets fat loss in so many different ways. I think that is significant bc different pathways work better for different people and Lean Edge targets fat loss through a wide variety of pathways.
  • Thermo Scorch
    • This is a great stimulant free fat burner - MitoBurn, Sinetrol, CaloriBurn, Capsimax, and more.
  • LipoVantage
    • LipoVantage is similar to Thermo Scorch. A lot of people use either/or - I use both - and I've had great results with them together, so that is my plan moving forward.
    • LipoVantage helps me a lot with appetite control so I take mine at night. I have a history of destroying my diet by eating terrible at night or waking up in the middle of the night and eating while half asleep. LipoVantage helps me tremendously with that.
  • Reduce XT
    • Reduce XT helps with cortisol control.
    • This is a significant one for me as I tend to store most of my fat in my midsection and love handles, basically the 'cortisol areas'; and Reduce XT works wonders for me during a cut. I've also noticed it helps my mood a lot.
  • GlycoPhase or GlucoVantage XT
    • There is no right or wrong choice between these two - it really depends on the person and their carb intake.
    • If someone is going super low carb, I would say GlucoVantage XT.
    • If someone is going moderate/normal carb, I would say GlycoPhase.
    • Note: My personal choice would be GlycoPhase, but I do use 1 cap per day of GlucoVantage XT for overall health and longevity purposes.
  • Lipo Elite or Thermagize XT - for when I want to use a stimulant product
    • Lipo Elite is by far the more comprehensive formula; Thermagize XT is for the person that wants the simplicity of 1 capsule once to twice per day.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
since you already are running SNS products I don't have much to mention other than what Steve already posted. although I will say I have always had good results running anabolic effect and anabolic xt. The only other thing I'd give consideration to, knowing me, is creating a habit of LISS maybe a few weeks prior to the real cut to create the routine/habit of it. <- again that's a me thing, but I know since I started forcing myself to do a little LISS it's become a regular habit now so if I wanted to turn up the heat I easily could.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think something like Recomp20 is already a great option for cutting, so I'd definitely keep that.

Then it depends on preferences of what you struggle with on a cut. I personally like to add things to keep performance up as much as possible so something like Anabolic XT, Anabolic Effect, or the new formula for Epi-Plex could be pretty sweet or something to keep you feeling good and boosting test like Anabolic XT, XPG Alpha Gel, or the M-test you have on hand.

Then during the very end something like XPG Supress-C if you feel you need a little extra help at the end or anything else from some of the suggestions above depending on what you think will help offset whatever areas you usually struggle with at the end of a cut.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Then it depends on preferences of what you struggle with on a cut. I personally like to add things to keep performance up as much as possible so something like Anabolic XT, Anabolic Effect, or the new formula for Epi-Plex could be pretty sweet or something to keep you feeling good and boosting test like Anabolic XT, XPG Alpha Gel, or the M-test you have on hand.
that little bit there really hits a nail on the head for me. if you asked what's the hardest part of a cut it seems like nutrition or cardio or sleep or something of that nature might be the answer, but for me it's the painful loss of performance in the gym. I hadn't really made this connection until you just pointed it out, but yeah those AXT and AE's can be a Godsend when calories are restricted and cardio is tuned up. When you go in and hit lower numbers every week you start to question life and whether or not the bikini body is even worth it if you can't bench anymore 😅😅

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Always like to mention APEX Ursa Major / Flash Point / Mass Shift combo for excellent fat loss while maintaining lean mass.

Plus, APEX will be having a Christmas BOGO I'm sure so you could easily double down on stuff.

www.apex-alchemy.com

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thistle threads made me feel old..
I know none of those products..
LOL
Z...

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
that little bit there really hits a nail on the head for me. if you asked what's the hardest part of a cut it seems like nutrition or cardio or sleep or something of that nature might be the answer, but for me it's the painful loss of performance in the gym. I hadn't really made this connection until you just pointed it out, but yeah those AXT and AE's can be a Godsend when calories are restricted and cardio is tuned up. When you go in and hit lower numbers every week you start to question life and whether or not the bikini body is even worth it if you can't bench anymore 😅😅
Ya I've always used things people wanted to use more for "bulking" in all my cuts over the years. There definitely isn't anything wrong with using more traditional cutting products, I just prefer to go all in during weight loss trying to hang on to anything I can. I hardly lose strength at all anymore when I do cut.

kira1357

Awards
I'm not going to comment on Brite as there are some things in it that I personally wouldn't take or use in a supplement formula.
"I'm not going to comment on a competing company's product but it turns out I will comment on it by saying I wouldn't take some vague number of its ingredients or put them in my own products, implying that it could be harmful or ineffective"

Either be specific or actually don't comment on it at all dude

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
"I'm not going to comment on a competing company's product but it turns out I will comment on it by saying I wouldn't take some vague number of its ingredients or put them in my own products, implying that it could be harmful or ineffective"

Guess I don’t see how that implies anything.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I literally replied to the person's post where he asked several questions, including for experiences with something that contains an ingredient that I can't personally take, so I explained to him why I wasn't answering on that part - so that he would know why I skipped it, rather than him possibly thinking I missed it and asking more about it.

If you want me to be specific - I would never be able to take it because it has something in it that I'm very allergic to and I won't use that ingredient in any of our products because I don't use any ingredient in our products that have certain allergens in them.

I don't discuss allergens much here on AM because not a lot of people on here care about them, but in the overall market, that is something that a lot of people like and appreciate about SNS is that we don't use any allergen containing ingredients except a couple of products that contain milk derived ingredients, and in those cases it states 'Contains: Milk' in bold letters on the label.

It seems like you're wanting to create drama where there wasn't any, but its that simple. I didn't say anything negative about it and didn't imply anything negative about it - I have a perfectly valid health reason I couldn't take it and a perfectly valid business reason for not using one of the ingredients in it. I actually like Matt as a person and always have, and wish him the best of luck with his company and all of his products.

kira1357

Awards
I literally replied to the person's post where he asked several questions, including for experiences with something that contains an ingredient that I can't personally take, so I explained to him why I wasn't answering on that part - so that he would know why I skipped it, rather than him possibly thinking I missed it and asking more about it.

If you want me to be specific - I would never be able to take it because it has something in it that I'm very allergic to and I won't use that ingredient in any of our products because I don't use any ingredient in our products that have certain allergens in them.

I don't discuss allergens much here on AM because not a lot of people on here care about them, but in the overall market, that is something that a lot of people like and appreciate about SNS is that we don't use any allergen containing ingredients except a couple of products that contain milk derived ingredients, and in those cases it states 'Contains: Milk' in bold letters on the label.

It seems like you're wanting to create drama where there wasn't any, but its that simple. I didn't say anything negative about it and didn't imply anything negative about it - I have a perfectly valid health reason I couldn't take it and a perfectly valid business reason for not using one of the ingredients in it. I actually like Matt as a person and always have, and wish him the best of luck with his company and all of his products.
Thank you for being specific and clarifying what you meant.

Jensing

Awards
I would definitely use Recomp20 during the cut if it were me, and I would stack it with M-Test. Someone recently posted bloodwork in the Recomp20 thread of their stack of Recomp20 and M-Test and it was very impressive.

For fat loss products, I hate cutting so I tend to go all out and I'm also very strategic about the way I plan things out and what I use. Here is my core list of what I use and why; I do add other things in sometimes like TTA-500 and Forskolin XT, but usually when laying something out for people, I try to stick to the formulation products to keep it simpler.
  • Lean Edge
    • Lean Edge is my overall favorite stimulant free fat burner because it targets fat loss in so many different ways. I think that is significant bc different pathways work better for different people and Lean Edge targets fat loss through a wide variety of pathways.
  • Thermo Scorch
    • This is a great stimulant free fat burner - MitoBurn, Sinetrol, CaloriBurn, Capsimax, and more.
  • LipoVantage
    • LipoVantage is similar to Thermo Scorch. A lot of people use either/or - I use both - and I've had great results with them together, so that is my plan moving forward.
    • LipoVantage helps me a lot with appetite control so I take mine at night. I have a history of destroying my diet by eating terrible at night or waking up in the middle of the night and eating while half asleep. LipoVantage helps me tremendously with that.
  • Reduce XT
    • Reduce XT helps with cortisol control.
    • This is a significant one for me as I tend to store most of my fat in my midsection and love handles, basically the 'cortisol areas'; and Reduce XT works wonders for me during a cut. I've also noticed it helps my mood a lot.
  • GlycoPhase or GlucoVantage XT
    • There is no right or wrong choice between these two - it really depends on the person and their carb intake.
    • If someone is going super low carb, I would say GlucoVantage XT.
    • If someone is going moderate/normal carb, I would say GlycoPhase.
    • Note: My personal choice would be GlycoPhase, but I do use 1 cap per day of GlucoVantage XT for overall health and longevity purposes.
  • Lipo Elite or Thermagize XT - for when I want to use a stimulant product
    • Lipo Elite is by far the more comprehensive formula; Thermagize XT is for the person that wants the simplicity of 1 capsule once to twice per day.
Thanks for laying this all out. I might do Lean Edge and or Lipovantage for the whole thing and add in Lipo elite toward the end for an extra push. I’ve liked Reduce XT before and noticed when I get to the stubborn fat it helps so again toward the end probably.

Jensing

Awards
I think something like Recomp20 is already a great option for cutting, so I'd definitely keep that.

Then during the very end something like XPG Supress-C if you feel you need a little extra help at the end or anything else from some of the suggestions above depending on what you think will help offset whatever areas you usually struggle with at the end of a cut.
Yes, I also struggle with the cut once I start feeling depleted, flat, less pumps, and a little weaker. Maybe I’ll add in another muscle builder/natural anabolic with the Recomp20. I’ve never tried Anabolic XT, EpiPlex, or Alpha Gel.

Jensing

Awards

I don’t mind you not commenting on competitors. There are others here that will comment on it if it’s warranted. Thanks for your valuable info.

Jensing

Awards
Always like to mention APEX Ursa Major / Flash Point / Mass Shift combo for excellent fat loss while maintaining lean mass.

Plus, APEX will be having a Christmas BOGO I'm sure so you could easily double down on stuff.

www.apex-alchemy.com
I’m not super familiar with any of those or topicals in general. Any more info on each one beyond what the websites say?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you're looking for topical product options, Xtreme Performance Gels offers has a couple of great options that would be very helpful in a cut &/or recomp, and you get the most for your money with the XPG products and also a lot of people really love that they use the original Avant Labs carriers, which a lot of people consider the gold standard of topical carriers.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t mind you not commenting on competitors. There are others here that will comment on it if it’s warranted. Thanks for your valuable info.
I knew you wouldn't mind and would understand. I always try to write my replies in a way that I'm replying to the person or to people following along that may not be posting, and in that case, I didn't want it to appear that I intentionally ignored part of the post.

And you're very welcome as far as the info goes. I'm always glad to help in any way that I can.

I think you would love the stack layout that I mentioned - Lean Edge, Thermo Scorch &/or LipoVantage, Reduce XT, GlycoPhase, and Lipo Elite when its time for a stimulant. And they stack very well with Recomp20.

I haven't mentioned this in any other threads yet, but we will be releasing two new fat loss products in Q1 of next year and also a product that will be great for recomp cycles and that should stack perfectly with Recomp20.

One of the fat loss products will be a nighttime fat loss formula.

One of the fat loss formulas will be a first of its kind and focus on fat loss through multiple pathways and have a very strong appetite control aspect to it.

The recomp formula will be very unique and is being discussed in the Tell Us What You Want from Us thread last week, but it is basically a natural anabolic that will have some very good recomposition aspects to it.

All of those should be out during your cut, and there's a chance that at least 2 of them may be out by the time you start :)

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I knew you wouldn't mind and would understand. I always try to write my replies in a way that I'm replying to the person or to people following along that may not be posting, and in that case, I didn't want it to appear that I intentionally ignored part of the post.

And you're very welcome as far as the info goes. I'm always glad to help in any way that I can.

I think you would love the stack layout that I mentioned - Lean Edge, Thermo Scorch &/or LipoVantage, Reduce XT, GlycoPhase, and Lipo Elite when its time for a stimulant. And they stack very well with Recomp20.

I haven't mentioned this in any other threads yet, but we will be releasing two new fat loss products in Q1 of next year and also a product that will be great for recomp cycles and that should stack perfectly with Recomp20.

One of the fat loss products will be a nighttime fat loss formula.

One of the fat loss formulas will be a first of its kind and focus on fat loss through multiple pathways and have a very strong appetite control aspect to it.

The recomp formula will be very unique and is being discussed in the Tell Us What You Want from Us thread last week, but it is basically a natural anabolic that will have some very good recomposition aspects to it.

All of those should be out during your cut, and there's a chance that at least 2 of them may be out by the time you start :)
That’s exciting news!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That’s exciting news!
Thanks. We have a lot of things coming up, and those are 3 that are all in process now.

There are also some exciting new topical fat loss products coming from Xtreme Performance Gels hopefully in January as well.

XPG will be releasing new versions of both the old Lipoderm and Napalm from Avant Labs; I'm super excited about these myself; and also an L-Carnitine Gel and a 7-OXO DHEA Gel.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

@sns8778 is a board sponsor and owner of SNS, CEL and Muscle Addiction. He tries to be as helpful as possible without seeming to slam other products or companies so being a complete douche bag and making a comment like this is totally uncalled for.

kira1357

Awards
@sns8778 is a board sponsor and owner of SNS, CEL and Muscle Addiction. He tries to be as helpful as possible without seeming to slam other products or companies so being a complete douche bag and making a comment like this is totally uncalled for.
No need to raise this from the dead. I'm aware of all that and still believe his original comment about another company's product was irresponsibly vague.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No need to raise this from the dead. I'm aware of all that and still believe his original comment about another company's product was irresponsibly vague.
Maybe the issue is you don’t understand he’s trying to be professional and not bash another product. There’s other companies that will do that bust Steve will not. If you can’t understand or at least respect that then that’s you issue and not Steve’s or anyone’s else’s.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Irresponsibly vague? Wtf man. Would you rather me have said that it has an ingredient in it that some people may have an anaphylactic reaction to, including me, and my throat would swell shut if I took it?

Instead, I politely said:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the way I approached answering the question was much more tactful and polite.

I mean dang - someone asked a question, I explained why I wasn't answering a certain part of the question.

I never said nor insinuated a single negative thing about the product - I'm allergic to a damn ingredient in it and I actually was trying to be tactful and not bring attention to the fact that one of the ingredients contains an allergen in it because I didn't want people hassling him or hounding him about it.

No one spends more time here on AM than I do trying to help people - not just with our products, but with answering supplement questions in general and trying to help educate people on supplements. I never speak negatively of other companies products, and you made it out like I was implying something negative about his when I was just answering a forum members question.

You tried taking my comment and starting some drama with it - I recommend other companies all the time. Anyone that follows my posts knows that I very frequently recommend NOW Foods, Life Extension, Nature's Way, Iconic Formulations, Innovapharm, Ketogenics, and a variety of other brands I trust and use or would use myself.

I've always liked Matt as a person. I don't know him personally very well, but we've had mutual friends going back almost 20 years and you will never find a single negative thing I've ever said about him or any of his products. As a matter of fact, when he was getting hammered one time about a particular ingredient and why he used it, I was the only company owner that I'm aware of that defended him on it and even then explained that even though it was an ingredient I wouldn't use myself, I did understand what he was thinking by using it and that it did work well for the purpose he included it for.

If you somehow think you're helping Matt here, ask yourself how you're doing that by starting drama with and pissing off the only other company owner on here that speaks kindly of him and has defended him in past situations.

This is ridiculous to get a text on Christmas Eve that you're in here making negative comments towards me again - I'm a single dad on top of running multiple supplement companies and spending a lot of time here trying to help people. I don't have time for this crap. It takes a lot to actually piss me off - and stuff like this is why most company owners don't bother to post here and actually try to help people anymore.

Please stop this now - any further insults towards me I'm not going to bother to engage in and am just going to report it to the Admin and be done with it.

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. We have a lot of things coming up, and those are 3 that are all in process now.

There are also some exciting new topical fat loss products coming from Xtreme Performance Gels hopefully in January as well.

XPG will be releasing new versions of both the old Lipoderm and Napalm from Avant Labs; I'm super excited about these myself; and also an L-Carnitine Gel and a 7-OXO DHEA Gel.
Will Carnitine gel be released around Jan?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Will Carnitine gel be released around Jan?
As far as I know, the L-Carnitine Gel should be out sometimes in January. I'm not 100% sure on an ETA, but its in process.