Need adive on carb deplete

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
So I have been carb depleting for going on 2 weeks now with a refeed day on Sundays. This is my first carb depletion ever and I'm trying to keep my macros around 260 to 270g protein/85-90g healthy fat with around 20g saturated/ and carbs stay around 80-100g but that's nothing but green veggies and whatever comes from my protein powder and peanut butter. My calories sit at around 2100-2200. I am currently deployed and have lost around 35 pounds and am pretty lean. I can't seem to lose anymore tho. Trying to get them last 2 bottom abs to come in. Any suggestions?? On carb refeed days I don't really count my calories but am still mindful of my intake. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would recommend you use a body opus style approach now that your quite lean.
also try some dexaprine or alfamine combined with extra forskolin. that combo reall helps with stubborn fat!

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Body opus?? What's that. May be a stupid question haha

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
its very similar to a CKD, but set up a little different. It's meant more for the individual that is already lean and looking to finish off the last little bit.

In regards to your current diet, your macros are currently set at: 35% fat, 45% protein, 15% carbs

IMO, you should lower protein to 1 gram per lb of bodyweight, lower carbs**, and fill the remainder by increasing fats. (CKD should be more like 50, 45, 5)
an overload of protein on a ketogenic based diet is not always a good thing. when your body runs out of the normal source of glycogen, it will pull excess protein and convert it.

**Although you said that the 80-100 is indirect carbs, it is still a bit high and unlikely that you are reaching ketosis. Peanut butter has more then one would assume, I would either swap it out for one with lower carbs or just eat almonds. They make protein that is near 0 carbs, you may want to look into other options. Not counting fiber, I would try to keep carbs <50

best of luck!

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
So increase healthy fat? Drop protein slightly and keeps carbs below 50? Right??

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
So increase healthy fat? Drop protein slightly and keeps carbs below 50? Right??

You got it!

I'm a big fan of coconut oil in my coffee in the morning. Morning jolt+fats+increase ketone production also helps alleviate hunger.

How long is your refeed window?

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Well as of now I have a full day of refeed. But minus one meal I stick to slow healthy carbs. All my meals have carbs minus my bedtime meal which is protein shake and almonds

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
body opus is more of a strict competition diet. but it is a TRUE CKD.
it works like this in laymens terms:
low carb sun night till fri afternoon. macro split: fats 65% protein 30% carbs 5%

Monday and Tuesday you will use the glycogen from the weekend to demolish the weights and push the glycogen out of muscles.
weds and thurs you will do no exercise
Friday you will boot out of keto before your total body depletion work out. an apple or banana prior to the training sesh will trick your body into releasing the last stores of glycogen.
starting at 6 pm you will begin your carb up for the weekend. the first 4 meals should be high glycemic liquids/with prots
the following 4 meals should be middle of the road starches and prots
the last 4 meals you will switch to lower glycemic meals then its off to the races to get it done again the following week.

I used to worry about all the nuances of macros until I started reading alan aragons stuff and after a yr of testing I come to the belief that hes got it right,
there is not much if any difference in what fat you combine with carbs yadda yadda. the point is.. just use the sensitivity you earn all week to enjoy yourself for a couple days. obviously don't go crazy.. you will still need to hit your daily calorie allowance.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
That sounds awesome man. I def appreciate the advice. I just always worry about being fat up higher than protein but a lot of people are saying it

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
So I have been carb depleting for going on 2 weeks now with a refeed day on Sundays. This is my first carb depletion ever and I'm trying to keep my macros around 260 to 270g protein/85-90g healthy fat with around 20g saturated/ and carbs stay around 80-100g but that's nothing but green veggies and whatever comes from my protein powder and peanut butter. My calories sit at around 2100-2200. I am currently deployed and have lost around 35 pounds and am pretty lean. I can't seem to lose anymore tho. Trying to get them last 2 bottom abs to come in. Any suggestions?? On carb refeed days I don't really count my calories but am still mindful of my intake. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
how long have you been dieting? are you capable of doing cardio / have you been doing any?

says in your opening statement that it's been 2 week carb depelting... is this dieting total dieting time or?

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
not sure if its been touched on but, on your carb refeed days you want to drop your fat intake to a minimum.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Oh no man I been dieting now for it will be 12 weeks Monday. And yes I do cardio. I hit 1000 reps on Jump rope every morning along with 300 twists and then later in the day I hit my workout. Then at night I do another 1000 reps on the rope with 300 twists