• Start date
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well guys, this Saturday will put me at the 10 week mark on contest prep. I want to use this as a guide and maybe help some guys. Along with the support of my fellow guys & gals of AM. This forum has given me a lot so I'm trying to give back!

I won't list food i actually eat but I'll list macros/supplements/carb ups/workout split & cardio schedule

As of last week I was 211.8 (weigh every Friday) puts me at a total 4 week weight loss of 15lbs (4 weeks of prep)

I'll post some pictures Saturday when I'm free. 1st post here to get the ball rolling....

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to learn

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
distill dat fat!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys! It really means a lot.

So my split goes as follows right now

Sunday: OFF
Monday: shoulders
Tuesday: legs
Wednesday: cardio/abs/calfs
Thursday: Chest/back
Friday: arms
Saturday: cardio/abs/calfs

Cardio:
30min Low-intensity post workout (none on leg day)
60min Low-intensity on cardio days

In this phase (week 12-8) I have 2 carb up meals/week. Monday & Thursday nights consisting of about 150gr of carbs (mostly low GI)

Daily macros are about like so
Protein: 365gr
Carbs: 30gr (subtracted fiber)
Fat: 100gr

Supplements:
Beverly International
-ultra 40's
-mass amino
-lean out
200mg 7-keto
3gr CLA
5gr omega 3-6-9
10gr Glutamine (during my workout)

I'm on NO fat loss supplements right now!

That's it for now folks! I'll post pictures at the 10week mark this weekend!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like the split. I would be dying with that low carb amount. Lol

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like the split. I would be dying with that low carb amount. Lol
Yeah I'm struggling but stay busy at work so that helps. I'm gas'd during my workouts but the competition aspect of it keeps my going. I'm usually in bed by 8:30, by the time the hunger really gets bad I'm passed out hh

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, the late evening cravings would be insane. Eye on the prize bubba!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know you always have my support, Bill!

~Rosie~

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Brother, Subbed I will definitely be checking in on you. Let's see those pics.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Their is some work to do here to get in competition shape in 10 weeks. I am going to be watching this closely to see how you go about pulling it off.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Their is some work to do here to get in competition shape in 10 weeks. I am going to be watching this closely to see how you go about pulling it off.
That's the truth!

I'll get it done, did you see my log from a few years ago? It was an 8 week cut where I got into near contest shape with a looser diet/training.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. Although I haven't seen the last log.

That's the truth!

I'll get it done, did you see my log from a few years ago? It was an 8 week cut where I got into near contest shape with a looser diet/training.
Natty? Post those pictures. That's impressive if you were in contest shape and you retained lbm.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be interested in that info as well...link the log

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, natty cuts. Both the last one (the link I'm posting) and this one.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/96809-walking-6pac-aug.html

That was the 8 week cut. For the record, I love your guys honesty! You guys know I've been around here for a while and the constructive criticism is key in this sport & you wont see me turning into a little nancy.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And for the record my starting weight for this cut is about 50lbs heavier! I know my bodyfat is higher at the start of this buuuuuut not 50lbs worth, not even close.

I know my bodyfat is higher but the amount of muscle I've added over the course of 3.5years should only help this cut be as good or better than the one linked!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I remember reading one of your cuts that was pretty impressive.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally gas'd today after work, could have been the heat, it was 97 when i got out. Either way, i had a Spike preworkout to kick me into gear & had a great workout. I love those things but miss the lime flavor.

Looks like triple digits from here on out for daily highs, gonna make me a bit more sluggish and really focus on being hydrated which I've been slacking on.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
108 today in my hood!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AZ desert bubba

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Your splits look great and I like the amount of cardio you are doing. Stick with it and it will really pay off big time

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the heat can be grueling for sure. We are only up to 96 here in Houston so far. Hopefully we don't spend too much time in the triple digits.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll take the dry over that humidity you guys have in Houston.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man once it gets over 100 it's friggen brutal, dry or not!
I think my breaking point is around 108-110. In El Salvador it's regularly over 100 but it feels nice because of the breeze. Virginia heat is just deathly. Surprised more people don't just melt, kill themselves, or flee out of VA because of it.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think my breaking point is around 108-110. In El Salvador it's regularly over 100 but it feels nice because of the breeze. Virginia heat is just deathly. Surprised more people don't just melt, kill themselves, or flee out of VA because of it.
I was in VA for 3 years, I didnt think it was as bad as the CA central valley. However, i was in the mountains while in VA. VA Beach gets a little blah though

I know when it was 112 in Fresno one summer I was visiting, I think I died, then brought back to life by the 80 degree AC in the house lol

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was in VA for 3 years, I didnt think it was as bad as the CA central valley. However, i was in the mountains while in VA. VA Beach gets a little blah though

I know when it was 112 in Fresno one summer I was visiting, I think I died, then brought back to life by the 80 degree AC in the house lol
For whatever reason though I think everything between Roanoke and Northern Virginia gets this god-awful humidity in the summer that has you swimming and choking on air from July through September. It's just awful.

I lived not too far from Fresno, actually! Santa Cruz! But the ocean kept us pretty mild; I think it was 80 max when I was there (and about 55 low, and that was in the early AM).

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those of you guys who are sick of mediocre protein favors, give Beverly International a try. I know it's a little pricey (about $32 for > 30ish servings) but their vanilla UMP protein is amazing! I've been out all week and I'm missing it. I'm using optimum nutrition pro-complex right now, just not the same. Funny thing, I used to think it was above average lol. I've got a container of cookies & cream UMP coming also, really looking forward to trying that!

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those of you guys who are sick of mediocre protein favors, give Beverly International a try. I know it's a little pricey (about $32 for > 30ish servings) but their vanilla UMP protein is amazing! I've been out all week and I'm missing it. I'm using optimum nutrition pro-complex right now, just not the same. Funny thing, I used to think it was above average lol. I've got a container of cookies & cream UMP coming also, really looking forward to trying that!
They're probably one of the best known for their flavors. As you suggested, though, that price is prohibitive for me at least.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey DW, about this cutting cycle ... what do you hope to accomplish during your training in terms of where you are with the weights? I mean, do you hope to 1) maintain strength and cut (so you adjust volume or tempo accordingly to accomplish this), 2) do you try to even go up with the weights maybe, or 3) do you not care and just stick with whatever you can accomplish with a certain tempo/volume/whatever - basically whatever gets you to the cut/shredded state? Just curious.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey DW, about this cutting cycle ... what do you hope to accomplish during your training in terms of where you are with the weights? I mean, do you hope to 1) maintain strength and cut (so you adjust volume or tempo accordingly to accomplish this), 2) do you try to even go up with the weights maybe, or 3) do you not care and just stick with whatever you can accomplish with a certain tempo/volume/whatever - basically whatever gets you to the cut/shredded state? Just curious.
Great question!

During the first few weeks, while my carbs were a bit higher, I was still trying to add strength if possible.

Now, I train the same volume/intensity/weight as before. Volume is actually up a little from my "off-season" but the weights I use, i'm trying to maintain strength from the 13 week mark. So far, so good. I'm using the same weights in almost every exercise, I'll add weight if it's too easy and back off 5lbs or so if I'm a rep short.

I'm hoping to maintain throughout but if it dips a little, I'm not too worried, unless there's a drastic drop off.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had an endo-rush before my workout today since its sugar free and <2 carbs per bottle. Holy crap, the sour apple taste like pure garbage. Solid energy but I'll never partake again.

Had a good workout but my stomach feels a little blah, probably that endo-rush. I'll take pictures again this weekend (9weeks out) about to hit another gear!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, no pictures. I'll take some next weekend at the 8 week mark. I have to so I can send them to my coach anyways. It was 106 & 108 this weekend so I've been posted up on the couch all weekend relaxing!

I did go to the gym yesterday for my workout. I woke up this morning and she shoulder is killing me, can't raise it above my head! I have no idea how this happened and hope its just from sleeping on it wrong. Some ibuprofen, heat & ice on it today.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did go to the gym yesterday for my workout. I woke up this morning and she shoulder is killing me, can't raise it above my head! I have no idea how this happened and hope its just from sleeping on it wrong. Some ibuprofen, heat & ice on it today.
Hope the shoulder gets better ASAP!

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie, feels better today but well see how today goes.

I had a low-carb monster before my workout today. I was dragging bad, super busy at work. That's 6gr sugar :-/
How did it go? My shoulders, especially left, were killing me, so I ended up having a huge cheat (well, "normal Rosie", LOL) meal (but considered a "cheat" because I had already had my 8-hour feeding window from 0930-1730) after my second training session tonight.

~Rosie~

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How did it go? My shoulders, especially left, were killing me, so I ended up having a huge cheat (well, "normal Rosie", LOL) meal (but considered a "cheat" because I had already had my 8-hour feeding window from 0930-1730) after my second training session tonight.

~Rosie~
It went pretty well. I didn't go as heavy on DB overhead press, cut the last set at 85x6, usually go 100x6 but it seemed to "loosen" up after that. Today it's sore, but the good, normal kind.

I had my carb up last night also, I'm sure yours was MUCH more glorious than mine haha.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It went pretty well. I didn't go as heavy on DB overhead press, cut the last set at 85x6, usually go 100x6 but it seemed to "loosen" up after that. Today it's sore, but the good, normal kind.

I had my carb up last night also, I'm sure yours was MUCH more glorious than mine haha.
Good :) Hey, we all have days we need to go lighter, and that's ok.

I don't do things by halves, that's for sure, LOL, although half/half clean/junk. That said, still lost just over a pound from yesterday to today, which backs up what I was saying to someone yesterday about such meals having an ability to HELP progress (especially if they are had as the POST-TRAINING meal) :D

~Rosie~

f1ghter33

Awards
good work !! bro !

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be starting ECA stack on Saturday, the T-911 included. I guess it'll be slightly more of an ECYA stack.

I don't know if I mentioned but diet will also be changing on Saturday. I am also assuming (but not 100%) my cardio will also be changing.

Wednesday seems to be my worst day for energy. Makes sense as my carb up is Thursday. It's a mental thing on Thursday, knowing I get to devour carbs post workout.

I also want to point out, I consume a Biotest Spike energy drink about everyday pre-workout. I'll add that to my 'supplement list'

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shew, I'm gased! Workout was ok, strength is starting to waiver a little. On the 3rd and 4th sets I'm only getting 9 or 8 reps, not the 10 outlined. I'm not going to sweat it though. Looks are what's most important right now.

Speaking oh which, I'm ghostly pale. The triple digit temperature and dozens of screaming kids but our community pool has made me and the AC best friends. Has to change this weekend, not going to pay for tanning just yet.

Excited to see what I'm weighing Saturday morning. My waist "feels" smaller but you never know. A guy made a comment at the gym tonight that I was looking leaner, in reference to when, I don't know. Fingers crossed...

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be following this... :). Kill in man!