So I tried to make a gel....

1. So I tried to make a gel....

...and nothing happened. Nothing. No gel, no clumps, no nothing. Here is what I did:
    1. I-prop
    2. Methycelluose
    3. PG
    4. Glycerol
    Mix these together in high-speed blender for about 5 minutes and then let sit.
    5. D-Lim
    6. OA
    7. Staeric Acid
    8. IPM
    Mix again, and nothing. What am I doing wrong? Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

2. bump. Someone has to have some suggestion...
    •   

3. Adjust your pH after step 5...

4. What's Staeric Acid ? Let us know how it turns out!

5. Originally posted by Kitchen Chemist
    What's Staeric Acid ? Let us know how it turns out!
    A fatty acid that aids in thickness and viscosity.
    •   

6. so what happened once you adjusted the Ph? did itmodify the viscocity of the formula? hence altering the density into gel? that should stablize it

7. I kept adjusting the PH and nothing was happening, so I said screw this. I I was rinsing the blender out with water, it began to gel w/the addition of water. It actually took quite a bit, maybe because I added so much TEA trying to adjust the PH. I let it firm for awhile, but the gel will not stay mixed even though I added more water. it stays mixed fro a couple of hours, but not overnight.
  8. sicosico

i made my homebrew very easy :

1-used 2 creams( ordinary ones frpm store- look for good ingredients) that has the same ingredients like the troplical about 15 % it contain oa, ipm, and glycerol and 20 % another cream contains more penteration enchasers like the same ingredients plus aloe vera mineral water that the body absorbes fast and other chimicals that the body absorbs

2- 50 % I A (rubbing alcohol)

3-dmso about 15 %

4- 10 grams ph

it is the best , tryne to add more dmso and put some cream that contain this stuff , look in any store ar you you'll find one , you can mix them with your formula and try to heat them a little in hot water , they should work .
    if not just spray it on

9. When adding PH powder to a transdermal gel, what do you mix it with to ensure uniform distribution?

thx

10. Sorry, a better phrasing of the above question would be "How do you mix it to ensure uniform distribution?"

11. With a portable electric hand mixer.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. AM shirts & etc. Lets try to make it happen!
    By MentalTwitch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 09:11 AM
  2. Money, trying to make it go farther.....
    By somewhatgifted in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 07:15 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 02:50 AM
  4. Al Qaeda tries to make a deal with U.S.?
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum Politics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:37 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 12:00 AM