Im a beginner builder, how good is this workout for me?

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Rotation 1 - Biceps/Chest
Standing Curls 3 x 6-8
Ez Bar Curls 3 x 6-8
Incline Dumbell Curls 3 x 6-8
Bench Press 4 x 6-8
Flies 4x 6-8
Squats 4 x 8-12

Rotation 2 - Back/Abs
Weighted Sit Up 3 x 8-12
Leg Raises 3 x 8-12
Barbell Rows 3 x 6-8
Lat Pull Downs 3 x 6-8
Deadlifts 4 x 8-12

Rotation 3 - Triceps/Shoulders
Decline Tricep Extensions 3 x 6-8
Tricep Pull Downs 3 x 6-8
Shoulder Press 4 x 6-8
Lateral Raise 2 x 6-8
Front Raises 2 x 6-8
Squats 4 x 8-12

and my legs are distributed every day, ive got enough lower body strength, so for now the squats and deadlifts are just to get testosterone going

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
6x a week, 1 day of no workout. and plenty of rest for the mucles in the 48 hours of recuperation before they get hit on the next rotation

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you'd be going from squats day 3 to squats day 1. thats no fun. i'd sub for front squats, or leg extension, lunges, anything other than the same thing two days in a row. whats your goal here? strength, mass, general health?

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
im going for strength and mass, then ill cut later for the definition im really looking for. im good on general health

Im 6', 165lbs, probably around 8% body fat. Im a skinny little guy. Ive been drinking around 1.5-2 gallons of water a day and im gunna bump it up to at least 3, and im eating around 3.5k-4k calories a day, mainly protein and fats, a little carbs. After my workouts i have 45-50g of protein and creatine. So is this a good workout for getting some strenght and mass going?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if you want strength and mass, look into german volume training. your reps are a happy medium between strength and mass, so i think that would be good. i would put more mass builders into your workout (heavier weights). an example would be to sub out lat pull downs for wide grip pull ups, etc. i'd go with german volume training if i were you, but its too little time in the gym for me. my thread which lists mass gainers and body part worked is:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html

its somewhere at the bottom, though its a semi decent read. also don't forget that preworkout you need some bcaa's so your body doesn't try leaching them out of the muscle that is being worked. if you've got extra money, beta alanine seems to increase strength by 10%, but takes two weeks to kick in. lastly, don't forget carbs in your post workout shake. its the only time recommended to spike insulin levels.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Ill switch my pulldowns for wide grip pull ups, and instead of two groups of curls ill do chin ups instead of the Ez bar. Other than that, any suggestions?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
nope - judging from your avatar i would assume your diet is in check. routine looks pretty good other than what i mentioned. anyone else have a comment?

kevinilarkin

Awards
id say if your beginning that maybe add in incline bench press subbed for one of the 3 bicep exercises. Also i always prefer to do big muscle groups first then isolate for instance chest before bis and shoulders before tris, just my preference though.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
quit the low carb crap...you'll be dragging ass after week one with only one rest day!