MK677 or peptides for beginner?

Deemster

Awards
My first time posting and new to this. I’m wanting to improve my physique to the next level. Not looking to compete in bodybuilding. Just get a little bigger, stronger, and leaner. My workout/stats:
47 yo
5-11
180lbs
%bf between 16-18%
Workout 5-6x week: regimented weight training. Some cardio during the week

I’m deciding on starting MK677 or peptides. If it’s MK677 I’d likely start at 10mg and take it at night to help with the sleep and lethargy. Would take it for 8-12 weeks. If peptides I’d go to a clinic that does blood work etc. I’m getting my blood work done in a couple of days. Last time I did with a physical all my labs are normal. My T was normal but on low side around 250-300. I’m trying to avoid T if possible since I don’t want to take all the other stuff to reverse side effects from it.
Any advice on whether it’s good to start with MK677 or with peptides? Or if any other suggestions they’re welcome. This is me now. Hopefully it will be the “before” pics that I post

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Peptides are not the route, if you were using testosterone and running cycles you could leverage some peptides to improve performance a bit, but without being on steroids your just gonna get some anti aging benifits and maybe better recover in my opinion.

Mk would be better suited for muscle growth but keep a eye on your bloodsugar.

I'm also a rep for maresearchchems.net, we carry mk and peptides as well as many other things and my screen name is a 15% off code.

I will say the combination of mk677 and cjc w/dac "which is a peptide" is probably your best bet but it's fairly expensive compared to running just the mk because your gonna need like 6-8 bottles of cjc w/dac per month.

Just keep in mind that even tho this combo will have the ability to jack igf through the roof, it's still not the same as when you use hgh and insulin. Not nearly as dramatic effects

Caliguns45

Awards
Peptides are not the route, if you were using testosterone and running cycles you could leverage some peptides to improve performance a bit, but without being on steroids your just gonna get some anti aging benifits and maybe better recover in my opinion.

Mk would be better suited for muscle growth but keep a eye on your bloodsugar.

I'm also a rep for maresearchchems.net, we carry mk and peptides as well as many other things and my screen name is a 15% off code.

I will say the combination of mk677 and cjc w/dac "which is a peptide" is probably your best bet but it's fairly expensive compared to running just the mk because your gonna need like 6-8 bottles of cjc w/dac per month.

Just keep in mind that even tho this combo will have the ability to jack igf through the roof, it's still not the same as when you use hgh and insulin. Not nearly as dramatic effects
Excellent advice right here! I'm currently 7 weeks in on mk677 i got from maresearch and I'm very happy with the results I'm getting. Sleep is solid and my recovery has drastically improved. We're around the same age(I'm 45) and as you probably know recovery slows the older we get. The mk seems to have made my recovery time more like it was in my late 20's early 30's. I take it before bed so I've not had an issue with appetite and as far as lethargy goes maybe some very mild for the first 4-6 days but nothing like hgh. I think you'd be happy with what @Smont has suggested.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea peptides would be a waste of time by themselves. I think they're more like icing om the cake of a good gear cycle or sports specific use for joints/ ligaments ( ex bpc157 or tb500) mk677 woukd be the way to go. At your age you'll get some good recovery and better sleep with it for sure

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im personally against mk677. Literature and real life experiences with bloodworks are two different things with this product. I think it does more bad than it does good. It’s truly a overly hyped up products that simply doesn’t deliver. I think it does work for solid sleep benefits, but the overall negative effects on blood sugars and insuline sensitivity are just not worth it imo.

peptides suck if you’re trying to build muscle.
If you’re not willing to touch steroids which I would understand at your age, I guess I would consider sarms… which can still be very suppressive, another thing to strongly consider at 47 years old.

Deemster

Awards
Thank you all for your thoughtful comments and advice. May I ask @Smont as well as anyone, I also had read that combining ostarine with MK-677 is also very synergistic. So rather than a peptide combo it would be two SARMs. Any thoughts on this? Likely I’d start it after first doing MK677 for several weeks so my body gets used to it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thank you all for your thoughtful comments and advice. May I ask @Smont as well as anyone, I also had read that combining ostarine with MK-677 is also very synergistic. So rather than a peptide combo it would be two SARMs. Any thoughts on this? Likely I’d start it after first doing MK677 for several weeks so my body gets used to it.
I think ostarine is the worst sarm in existence for building muscle. I'd pick lgd or rad 140 if using sarms. Sarms will shutdown natural testosterone production so if your going with sarms get yours some Nolvadex

Caliguns45

Awards
I've heard that the mk/osta combo has yielded some great results for some. I've never personally run that combo. I'm adding s23 into my mk cycle next week.

Keep in mind everyone's body responds differently. So far my mk cycle has been great and my bloodwork so far isn't showing any negativity. But as Mathb33 posted, his experience with mk didn't seem to be as positive. There's a lot of risk involved with these compounds. Watching your bloodwork and staying in tune with your body is crucial.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've seen a lot of bloodwork on osta that looks like trash, I've also seen a member here use 12.5mg for 2 weeks and tank his already low testosterone from the 300's to the teens. I think his total test was 17 on a scale of 250-1000

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I like mk as long as you keep your insulin sensitivity in check. I have no problem doing that with taking a few days off or throwing in a low carb day 1-2× week. If your taking nk and eating trash tho I do think you will do way more harm then good.

My opinion, mk has its strengths mainly for bulking, increased appetite, better recovery, some water weight and for some better sleep.

What mk677 is not, is a replacement for hgh. This is where the internet has screwed everything up. Mk is not a cheap replacement for hgh, even tho it can dramatically raise natural hgh and igf it does not have the large majority of hgh benifits, it is more like its own category of drugs, it's a different tool for a different job. I'm a fan of it to a degree, if it's being used right.

Last edited:

Caliguns45

Awards
I've seen a lot of bloodwork on osta that looks like trash, I've also seen a member here use 12.5mg for 2 weeks and tank his already low testosterone from the 300's to the teens. I think his total test was 17 on a scale of 250-1000
^^^this is the main reason I stay away from Osta

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I researched gh peptides for a little while. You may find these links helpful.

I personally have never used them so I cannot comment on the effects.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ostarine sucks unless you're a post menopausal woman with osteoporosis. I would start with rad to get you're feet wet then maybe later try some lgd. At you're age you haven't looked into trt? Have you ever gotten bloodwork?

Deemster

Awards
I am getting blood work done this week. The reason I’m shying away from TRT is because I don’t want to add more drugs because of side effects (gyno, ball shrinkage etc). Also, frankly I’m not looking for a higher sex drive. Mine is truly high enough! Lol! Just looking to go an extra level with bulk and leanness. I was under the impression that at low-moderate dose of MK you can also lean out so it’s not high water retention. I know it’s used in both bulking or cutting.

Deemster

Awards
Thank you!

I researched gh peptides for a little while. You may find these links helpful.

I personally have never used them so I cannot comment on the effects.
Im personally against mk677. Literature and real life experiences with bloodworks are two different things with this product. I think it does more bad than it does good. It’s truly a overly hyped up products that simply doesn’t deliver. I think it does work for solid sleep benefits, but the overall negative effects on blood sugars and insuline sensitivity are just not worth it imo.

peptides suck if you’re trying to build muscle.
If you’re not willing to touch steroids which I would understand at your age, I guess I would consider sarms… which can still be very suppressive, another thing to strongly consider at 47 years old.
thank you!

Deemster

Awards
I've heard that the mk/osta combo has yielded some great results for some. I've never personally run that combo. I'm adding s23 into my mk cycle next week.

Keep in mind everyone's body responds differently. So far my mk cycle has been great and my bloodwork so far isn't showing any negativity. But as Mathb33 posted, his experience with mk didn't seem to be as positive. There's a lot of risk involved with these compounds. Watching your bloodwork and staying in tune with your body is crucial.
Thank you!

Deemster

Awards
I like mk as long as you keep your insulin sensitivity in check. I have no problem doing that with taking a few days off or throwing in a low carb day 1-2× week. If your taking nk and eating trash tho I do think you will do way more harm then good.

My opinion, mk has its strengths mainly for bulking, increased appetite, better recovery, some water weight and for some better sleep.

What mk677 is not, is a replacement for hgh. This is where the internet has screwed everything up. Mk is not a cheap replacement for hgh, even tho it can dramatically raise natural hgh and igf it does not have the large majority of hgh benifits, it is more like its own category of drugs, it's a different tool for a different job. I'm a fan of it to a degree, if it's being used right.
Thank you!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am getting blood work done this week. The reason I’m shying away from TRT is because I don’t want to add more drugs because of side effects (gyno, ball shrinkage etc). Also, frankly I’m not looking for a higher sex drive. Mine is truly high enough! Lol! Just looking to go an extra level with bulk and leanness. I was under the impression that at low-moderate dose of MK you can also lean out so it’s not high water retention. I know it’s used in both bulking or cutting.
Trust me, results are more closely linked to your diet and training with or without steroids. Walking to any major gym and there is no shortage of hundred and fifty pounds steroid users because they don't eat enough or train hard enough to grow. Even on steroids nobody accidentally gets too big, trust me. Steroids also do not gurentee a boost in sex drive or most other things commonly believed by non steroid users, there's a lot of variation person to person

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On prescribed TRT the chances are almost zero if getting gyno as long as you keep your T levels in check and a good dr will ensure this, who gives a fukk about ball shrinkage, and what others sides are you talking about? I think you’ve gotten some bad info on what TRT really is. If you have low T and try all other methods to raise your natural production and still have negative results, then get on TRT. The only thing you have to worry about is your E2. If your T levels and E2 are in check, then usually all of your other markers will fall into place, such as RBC and hematocrit. You may have to take DHEA and pregnenlone but a good dr will test for that. I’ve been on prescribed TRT for 10 years and don’t regret it a bit.

Back to the ball shrinkage…. If you’re not going to have kids then don’t worry about it. Not all guys experience it anyway.

Not trying to be an azzhole to you at all. I think you’re dismissing something that you should be more open and educated on.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On prescribed TRT you’re not going to get gyno as long as your levels stay in check and a good dr will be sure of this, who gives a fukk about ball shrinkage, and what others sides are you talking about? I think you’ve gotten some bad info on what TRT really is. If you have low T and try other methods to raise your natural production and still have negative results, then get on TRT. The only thing you have to worry about is your E2. If your T levels and E2 are in check, then usually all of your other markers will fall into place. You may have to take DHEA and pregnenlone but a good dr will test for that. I’ve been on prescribed TRT for 10 years and don’t regret it a bit.

Back to the ball shrinkage…. If you’re not going to have kids then don’t worry about it. Not all guys experience it anyway.

Not trying to be an azzhole to you at all. I think you’re dismissing something that you should be more open and educated on.

Last edited: