need some advise

nlicursi

Awards
Hi. I been out of the gym for a year. Im 31 and im at 225lbs. I want to turn it to muscle. With work school and being a full time dad i could only go Friday Saturday and Sundays. Can anyone help me with a program and one that will strengthen the core

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
with 3 days in a row I would do a push/pull/legs routine

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
3 days a week and even 3 days in a row. i bet dan john has a workout for that setup. google will be your friend for this search.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats the 5/3/1
Go to the search forum area and type in 5/3/1 and you will see so many logs on this program. Jim Wendler created this routine and it's one that is time tested and proven.

Recommend you track calories, protein, carbs and fats. You have got to get your diet under control as well as starting a lifting program.

Best of luck and welcome to AM.

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
People in this forum may knock it but, insanity works!!!!! Short sweaty, but NOT sweet

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
I was an all American tight end and know hard work so for all of u that wanna talk ****. Shut the **** up and be more intense every workout and you will see better results than in the gym

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was an all American tight end and know hard work so for all of u that wanna talk ****. Shut the **** up and be more intense every workout and you will see better results than in the gym
I agree that insanity is hard.

I'm also glad that at one time in your life you were athletic, but insanity is generally sold to fat out of shape people, so I can assume you were/are no longer that way.

With that said, Insanity is a terrible program. No one will build muscle doing insanity, and most people will experience knee/hip problems from it.

You can lose fat on insanity, but there are better ways to do it.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
yea insanity works...if youre lookin to burn calories. good luck gainin some strength you pussie

btw, strong 15post assertive attitude. i see why you dont fit in at a gym

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
Haha ill put up all my chips that ill beat any of ur lifts by 33%

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
Mod Edit: abusive posts in a thread asking for help won't be tolerated

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
Even at ur age my squat and dead alone will be over 1000

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even at ur age my squat and dead alone will be over 1000
Your going to squat and DL 1000 pounds?

Video that. I don't normally watch peoples knees/backs blow out, but for you I'll make an exception.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
MOD Edit - everyone breathe deep and relax....

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
Together sir!! 545lb squat for 3 reps and max dead of 585lb no straps at 230lb 6'4" and 20yrs old

Moose45

Moose45

Awards
All of this and post over 1100 on squat/DL!! So no RS your first yr at college? Just a little hard to believe but hey, keep the dream alive!!!!

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
Dislocated knee cap, then went to Canadian tryouts and redislocated it. I have zero side to side movements left

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
How can someone lift so much while they are busy carrying around their own horn to toot all the time?? Man I'm jealous!!!

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
Though as I said I've lost over 100lbs so I don't compete anymore. Check us out at Athletic Performance of Fresno, CA

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Though as I said I've lost over 100lbs so I don't compete anymore. Check us out at Athletic Performance of Fresno, CA
Combine training that can't be matched anywhere else huh? Guessing they don't know about Joe DeFranco....

You're a trainer there? Because if you were I would assume you could program your own routine for athletic performance, instead of using beachbody DVDs.

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
No the place is now a strongman, college, and pro athlete training facility. I just answered the man's question. I feel that for his age and goal of working out that it could help that's all. But as I knew would happen I got blasted by meat heads who are nowhere near where I have been.

Moose45

Moose45

Awards
No the place is now a strongman, college, and pro athlete training facility. I just answered the man's question. I feel that for his age and goal of working out that it could help that's all. But as I knew would happen I got blasted by meat heads who are nowhere near where I have been.
Take some advice then.........GO BACK!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HAVE BEEN.

If insanity was that great you'd still be there.

theish11

theish11

Awards
Insanity is a gimmick for *****s same as p90 wtf

theish11

theish11

Awards
Yea quit lying to yourself and have some confidence. You can workout 7 days like the rest of us. I recommend outlook linked to your phone for time management.

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
Never did I say I do insanity people, I was answering a question!!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Never did I say I do insanity people, I was answering a question!!
Who asked about insanity?? You just came outta nowhere spouting off with an Internet tough guy attitude. Instantly defensive and arrogant, and you're surprised people are giving you sh*t???? Good luck with that one

Jason559

Jason559

Awards
2009 juniors before I blew knee 1330lbs juniors unlimited 2nd place