Separating the Men From the Boys... The Deadlift Competiton

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
So I decided to start the Deadlift competition that we've all been talking about in the DB row competition thread.

So here are the rules, there are going to be two classes, the first is going to be raw grip, the second is strapped grip. There will also be two leagues, one for those on cycle and one for those off cycle... just to be fair. Both grip classes will be in both leagues. I expect everyone that enters to be safe, know how to deadlift properly, and to wear a belt (I don't want this thread to be responsible for people trying to throw up 495 when they are 160 lbs and have them wind up in traction).

So with that, please enter your age, height, and weight, whether you are on or off cycle, your current 1 rep max deadlift, and your max deadlift/weight ratio. IE 425(deadlift)/203 (weight) = 2.09 for me. 675/231=2.96 for Tomahawk88, etc.

I don't expect videos from people, you're on your own honor. Videos will be required for claims of superhuman feats... IE: 160lbs person deadlifting 585 lbs.

LETS SEE WHO CAN MOVE SOME WEIGHT! :firedevil:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Saved for Off Cycle League Info

NAME/CLASS/AGE/HEIGHT/WEIGHT/LAST MAX EFFORT DEADLIFT/WEIGHT TO DL RATIO

GMG760 - raw grip class- 27 Yrs - 6'0" - 201 lbs - 435 lbsx1 - 2.16
Kleen - ??? - 37 yrs - 5'8" - 199 lbs - 425 lbsx3 - 2.13
Tomahawk88 - ??? - ??? - 231 lbs - 675 lbsx1 - 2.96
KillerKanadia - raw grip class - 22 yrs - 5'10" - 175 lbs - 405 lbsx1 - 2.31
daft205 - raw grip class - 27 yrs - 5'10" -179 lbs - 415lbsx1 2.31
JohnnyNutz - raw grip class - 28 yrs - 6'0" - 255lbs - 405lbsx1 - 1.58
AE14 - raw grip class - ??? - ??? - 5'11" - 204 lbs - 460lbsx1 - 2.25
bkoguy07 - raw grip class - 21 yrs - 6'3" - 220 lbs - 475x4 - 2.15

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Saved for On Cycle League Info

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am in to watch this one and may even put something up in the bracket if my shoulder holds up.
204 lbs and 445 was my best max in highschool. Last time I was DL regularly I got 425x3 reps. Maybe just maybe I can try to beat that over the next 6-8 weeks. How long is this bad boy going?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
By the way GMG it is awesome someone finally just put up another challenge on their own. I told some other guys they were welcome to but being the organizer of one of these takes a little time. So I can only do one at a time.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
KK - 22 years old - 5'10" - 175 lbs - 405 lbs Unstraped/off cycle

405/175= 2.31

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
I'm in...

-27, 5'10", 179, off.
- pulled 415, no wraps/straps or belt, last week, tried 425 but failed:( gonna get it next time.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn. Im big but feel small
-28, 6', 255lbs
-405 2 weeks ago, no belt/straps
-OFF CYCLE
On a positive note. Only been hitting the gym REAL serious about 2 1/2 months.
Up is the only way to go from here

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in

5'11" 204. Right mow between 460-470. I will go off cycle and raw grip. I dead on Wednesdays so I can update then

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I am in to watch this one and may even put something up in the bracket if my shoulder holds up.
204 lbs and 445 was my best max in highschool. Last time I was DL regularly I got 425x3 reps. Maybe just maybe I can try to beat that over the next 6-8 weeks. How long is this bad boy going?
Good to see some friends already dropping in!

It's going as long as we want it to. I figure that we probably need 2-3 weeks to work up to what a true max would be, then another 2-3 week break to recover from the max effort, then 2-3 more weeks to try and beat the original max effort... So that's 6-9 weeks. I could really care less what everyone lifts, I just wan to see people smashing their own PR's!!! I think of these competitions as more of a self competition anyway... I mean, Tomahawk beat me before he started if I was gonna compete with the guy!

So, let's all deadlift our max within the next two weeks (I'll let everyone get a warmup in).

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOOT!!!! Im stoked, i love me some deadlifts. Quick question though. Is it easier to do deadlifts or rackpulls. I was thinking deads because you get to really use your legs.
I got 365 rack pull for 3 monday night then went for 405 and was a no go.HMM. Maybe Im just a bitch ass!!!!

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
475 x 4 times no straps no belt no cycle

6'3 220lbs 21 yr old

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I'm really surprised and kinda stoked to see that everyone is lifting natty at the moment. The on cycle people will be harder to compete with each other as different compounds effect people differently. Hopefully nobody's gonna be taking fluoxymesterone before they lift... this isn't that serious. ;)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think what we should also do is calculate how many times it is ur body weight. Like say mine would be 675/228=2.96. Oh so close to that glorious 3!

I JUST came off cycle so if anything my number will go down lol. Plus I just lost the only person who can compete with me on deadlifts that I know.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I think what we should also do is calculate how many times it is ur body weight. Like say mine would be 675/228=2.96. Oh so close to that glorious 3!

I JUST came off cycle so if anything my number will go down lol. Plus I just lost the only person who can compete with me on deadlifts that I know.
That's a great idea. would be a much more definitive show of actual strength in relation to each other. I'll add it when I get some more time to use my calculator and enter all the info in.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
BTW guys, if you are lifting without a belt you are on your own in regards to your own safety. Like I said before, I recommend everyone use a belt for a one rep max. I don't want to feel responsible for someone getting a hernia.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a great idea. would be a much more definitive show of actual strength in relation to each other. I'll add it when I get some more time to use my calculator and enter all the info in.
Ya because obviously someone who is 170 isnt going to have sh1t on me as far as pure deadlift number. But when I get down to 200 mine is going to be nasty :sgrin:

I figured Id suggest adding this now because a bunch of entries come in so u dont have to do the calculations yourself. And have people put a certain stamp on their posts that include PRs so u can easily spot them like Kleen did in his thread.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Ya because obviously someone who is 170 isnt going to have sh1t on me as far as pure deadlift number. But when I get down to 200 mine is going to be nasty :sgrin:

I figured Id suggest adding this now because a bunch of entries come in so u dont have to do the calculations yourself. And have people put a certain stamp on their posts that include PRs so u can easily spot them like Kleen did in his thread.
You heard the man.

Calculate your own deadlift/bodyweight ratio, I'll do the calculations for those of you who have already posted.

Also make sure to stamp your posts with PR's in them as I will be updating the leader-boards once a day, and some threads can get out of control at times.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sign right there should be easy enough to see.

I suggest putting about the caculation of DL/BW in the 1st post or else it will just be lost.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Ok, we're all set to go, OG post and leader-board updated.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NIce. Lets get this shiot done Boys!!!!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My best in high school was 675 raw grip and all natural, 362lbs. 1.8

before retiring from oly weightlifting, 802 raw grip all natural, 322lbs. 2.4

now I can't deadlift anymore because of chronic injuries,

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is there an age component in this? Since I am an elder statesman ;) at 34, does that add into the equation? :lol:

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
My best in high school was 675 raw grip and all natural, 362lbs. 1.8

before retiring from oly weightlifting, 802 raw grip all natural, 322lbs. 2.4

now I can't deadlift anymore because of chronic injuries,
you were 362 lbs in high school? Damn you're a big boy.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Spectating.. Pretty impressive #s so far with you boys off cycle and alot of u guys lifting raw.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
When i start Katanadrol do i have to switch over to on cycle? :(

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
weighed 218 in gym today, I could prol pull 500 (old max 490) back day is tomorow so I'm not sure if I wanna max or not (new gym only has fat bars so without straps i might pull 465 grip fails) so Ill just calculate

500 lbs max

no gear no straps no belt

500/218 = 2.29

never taken a cycle before and I'm 21 1/2 year old

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup but ur strength will go up PROMISE.

Good idea about DL#'s relative to BW.
Ya I know Im full of them lol. But it just makes sense to put it up there because u know people will want to know. Plus now all the little guys have somewhat of an equalizing factor.

Btw I talked to a guy I know at the fitness center and he has a camera he is willing to bring on Monday. So if I get 685 I might just have a video.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
is it too late to jump in? i won't try to max until next week but this would be some great motivation.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Well yea, that's the whole point of the two leagues. It's not really fair to be juiced up and lifting in comparison to guys who aren't. Plus Katanadrol has the "tren" compound in it. You're gonna get redonkulously stronger than you have ever been before. Stacked with Hdrol it should be wicked. Just be careful of prolactin.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
is it too late to jump in? i won't try to max until next week but this would be some great motivation.
Of course not, I'd say that the contest is open for entries for a week or so. So throw up your stats and you're in.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
21, 205 lbs last time I checked, 435 max, 435/205 = 2.12
-strapped, no cycle

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well yea, that's the whole point of the two leagues. It's not really fair to be juiced up and lifting in comparison to guys who aren't. Plus Katanadrol has the "tren" compound in it. You're gonna get redonkulously stronger than you have ever been before. Stacked with Hdrol it should be wicked. Just be careful of prolactin.
He is actually taking Katanadrol v2.0 which is 5a-androstanol[2,3]furazan-17b-tetrahydropyranol aka Furazadrol.

Of course not, I'd say that the contest is open for entries for a week or so. So throw up your stats and you're in.
Ya come on guys dont be scare lets see some damn deadlifts!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
In...But the knee is going to have to get better before i start this.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
in
did 405 x 8 last spring, but knee surgery has me recovering at the moment...
age 36
with wraps
no cycle
no belt
I love snow cones

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Weight this morning: 193
Straps = yes
belt = yes
pull this morning = 645
barefoot (if it matters)
Free and clear of all "cycles" etc. - never touched the stuff

This will be my last pull for two weeks, as I have a competition next Sat. (Oct. 2) with deadlift for reps in there...I'll post how I do later.

How long will this run? I would love to see it run to the end of the year to push me over that 700 mark.

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
lower back is still recovering right now how long is this going to run. If its for a few months Ill be in. 26 245 5'9" 455x5 straps. as soon as I feel good enough to hit heavy deads Ill go raw and see what my numbers are and update.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Straps = yes
belt = yes
pull this morning = 645
barefoot (if it matters)

This will be my last pull for two weeks, as I have a competition next Sat. (Oct. 2) with deadlift for reps in there...I'll post how I do later.

How long will this run? I would love to see it run to the end of the year to push me over that 700 mark.
GMG said probably at least 9 weeks. So we could have a max attempt then 3 weeks and a max attempt, 3 weeks and a max attempt. So at least that long. However I would be down to see it run through years end.

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
GMG said probably at least 9 weeks. So we could have a max attempt then 3 weeks and a max attempt, 3 weeks and a max attempt. So at least that long. However I would be down to see it run through years end.
if its 9 weeks im in. might miss the first max but will hit the last two.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
He is actually taking Katanadrol v2.0 which is 5a-androstanol[2,3]furazan-17b-tetrahydropyranol aka Furazadrol.

Ya come on guys dont be scare lets see some damn deadlifts!
Oh, version 2.0 ... gotcha. Furazadrol is still hormonal, albeit kinda weak. But he'll still get stronger than he normally would, so it stays in the hormonal league.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Straps = yes
belt = yes
pull this morning = 645
barefoot (if it matters)

Nice work man, and I love your rustic style of going barefoot. At 193 you're a facking beast.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
in
did 405 x 8 last spring, but knee surgery has me recovering at the moment...
age 36
with wraps
no cycle
no belt
I love snow cones

In the same boat with AG. Did 495 x 2 @197lbs a little while back, but my lumbar issues have had me in recovery for awhile. I'll be hitting 10 reps on DL's before I go big boy 5's & 3's.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ya I know Im full of them lol. But it just makes sense to put it up there because u know people will want to know. Plus now all the little guys have somewhat of an equalizing factor.

Btw I talked to a guy I know at the fitness center and he has a camera he is willing to bring on Monday. So if I get 685 I might just have a video.
Nice, you should post it in your log and in here.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Man it isn't to often I fit into the category with the little guys but I have to place myself there in this group. LOL