Awards
  • Established
New here & wanted to give a shout out!

6'3"
36yrs
725/221 = 3.28
Strap, Belt, & Suited
On Cycle = Halo, Test E
i would love to see a 725 deadlift video...not tryin to hate but would just like to see it

RepThat21

RepThat21

Awards
  • Established
also want to see how u load 725 on the bar?100 pound plates?

RepThat21

RepThat21

Awards
  • Established
thats right on the ends of the bar..deinitely badass.i was pumped watching ur vid of 675 but 725 is nuts...something to strive for i guess.given of course he was strapped tom, ur right with him

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
Just throwing this out there because I can. I have done 645 without a belt :D
That's top notch

i would love to see a 725 deadlift video...not tryin to hate but would just like to see it
I've never done a video. With that being said, I have my first meet coming up on Nov, 20th & will have video for all 3 of my lifts.

7 45 plates and a 25 on each side... someday.
Spot on!

thats right on the ends of the bar..deinitely badass.i was pumped watching ur vid of 675 but 725 is nuts...something to strive for i guess.given of course he was strapped tom, ur right with him

With straps/belt/suit, he's probably right there, if not a little more!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never done a video. With that being said, I have my first meet coming up on Nov, 20th & will have video for all 3 of my lifts!
Good luck with the competition. We'll be rooting for you!!! :You_Rock_Emoticon: :head:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's top notch

I've never done a video. With that being said, I have my first meet coming up on Nov, 20th & will have video for all 3 of my lifts.

Spot on!

With straps/belt/suit, he's probably right there, if not a little more!
Thanks that was after getting it with a belt. 675 is my current PR.

Nice best of luck at ur 1st meet. Im hoping to do my 1st meet soon.

We will see if I ever get the chance to train like that.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Personal Best was 501 @ 198.

Currently after just getting back into deading about a month ago I hit 415 @ 203.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you out in Pa? I was thinking of one on the same date

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JoHNny bought a new belt and you may order some liquid chalk just for this competition. COOL. :147:

Well.........I ordered some Versa Gripps 2 days ago and they should be here before my next leg workout (Friday) when I usually hit up stiff-legged deadlifts.
But when I put those Versa Gripps on........lookout!! I may have to come out of deadlifting retirement just for this competition!!! :head:
Man I really want a pair of those. Let me know what you think of them when they come in. If they really are superior to gloves and wraps. If so I am all over it as soon as the wife is back to work and money comes back in.

I would love to see some Thunder Dead numbers but not if it is going to hurt you in any way.
Versa grips are the truth good sirs. I can raw grip 405 for 4-5 raw, but versa grip 405 for 10 easy (when I could do 405 for 10), more recenly I coud raw grip 375 on racks, but with versa's I can grip up to 6 plates with ease (on racks).

I use them primarily for shrugs now and hang snatches/cleans above a certain weight. I highly recommend them if your back can outlast your grip on certain exercises.
Volcom verily speaketh the truth on those Versa Gripps. Incredible gripping tool.
I got mine exactly 1/2 hour before my scheduled workout this morning. Even though this was leg day, I do stiff-legged deadlifts for my hamstrings.
So after the SLDL's I decided to play around with some conventional deadlifts since I had the Versa Gripps to play with,
Now it's been many years since I did conventional deads so I was surprised to hit 435 X 12 reps!! Much recognition goes deservedly to those Versa Gripps. Once you're strapped on, that grip ain't coming loose!!

So on a 1RM calculator I checked and 435 X 12 reps is supposed to equate to a 591.6 lb. deadlift. Not bad after all these years of not deadlifting. Looks like I'll have to include them more often. At least once a month.

Reactions: Teg
Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
you are a BEAST TG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing more need be said my friend!!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom verily speaketh the truth on those Versa Gripps. Incredible gripping tool.
I got mine exactly 1/2 hour before my scheduled workout this morning. Even though this was leg day, I do stiff-legged deadlifts for my hamstrings.
So after the SLDL's I decided to play around with some conventional deadlifts since I had the Versa Gripps to play with,
Now it's been many years since I did conventional deads so I was surprised to hit 435 X 12 reps!! Much recognition goes deservedly to those Versa Gripps. Once you're strapped on, that grip ain't coming loose!!

So on a 1RM calculator I checked and 435 X 12 reps is supposed to equate to a 591.6 lb. deadlift. Not bad after all these years of not deadlifting. Looks like I'll have to include them more often. At least once a month.
LOL, 435 x 12 is playing around :haha: We can't play together, you'd hurt my self esteem.

Glad you confirmed my Versa ads. I actually found the versa's helping most with heavy BB rows of any kind & shrugs, cause there's no resetting the grip there.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Everybody in here is beasting! Tomorrow I will see if I can get 425x3 with a little less of a warm up than last time. We will see how that works out.

Thunder, that was beastly for having not done them im quite a while. Nice review on the Versas, as soon as I have extra money I am ordering some.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:twisted:
LOL, 435 x 12 is playing around :haha: We can't play together, you'd hurt my self esteem.

Glad you confirmed my Versa ads. I actually found the versa's helping most with heavy BB rows of any kind & shrugs, cause there's no resetting the grip there.
I trained shoulders before hitting the legs. Wasn't expecting much help from the Versa Gripps with pushing on my seated DB presses, So I decided to keep it light and get adjusted to them. After some pyramiding warm-up sets, I grabbed the 70's and banged out 17 easy reps with them, The Versa Gripps have a nice padded feel with a sticky surface for gripping. I didn't expect them to help out so much with push exercises, But they held firm to the DB handles. Then when I moved on to cable side laterals and rear laterals, they came in real handy. Didn't have to think about my grip at all, just blasting my muscles with some heavy ass weight!!!

tattoopierced1

I've not maxed out in about a year now, but here is last year's max number:

off cycle, 530lbs, belt, no straps. BW was at 235-240lbs

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going for it in about 45 minutes...with my new belt......Man I dont want to , but I got straps just in case!!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going for it in about 45 minutes...with my new belt......Man I dont want to , but I got straps just in case!!!
lol, I get wanting to go raw. What kind of belt did you get? My belt is so quality I've actually got a hoof sticking out the side. It's a lasagna of leather.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well!!!!! The moment of truth...DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!.........

Well Got me 435 for 1 which is a new PR. Ill take it though. Tried 455 got it like 3 inches and DAYUMM...heavy stuff. HAd a bud at the gym, was like you got this take the quarters off and put on a dime and nickel. SO I did and GOT THAT SHIOT!!!!

I got a 6" Harbinger leather belt..I think I need to get a 4" one though. My ass is too big..LOL. I tightened as much as humanly possible..and still seems to move up a bit when I reach bottom. It def helped though . I think it kept my intestines in place..LOL. IT WAS SO TIGHT..I got nervous after I wanted to breathe and alomost couldnt get it off..LOL

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol good job johnny.

I actually saw and talked to a guy today at the FC who had a good deadlift. He did 626 for a single. Talked to him some and found out he only deadlifts once a month though. So I doubt I will ever deadlift with him. I might switch it up and only deadlift every other week.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
Well!!!!! The moment of truth...DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!.........

Well Got me 435 for 1 which is a new PR. Ill take it though. Tried 455 got it like 3 inches and DAYUMM...heavy stuff. HAd a bud at the gym, was like you got this take the quarters off and put on a dime and nickel. SO I did and GOT THAT SHIOT!!!!

I got a 6" Harbinger leather belt..I think I need to get a 4" one though. My ass is too big..LOL. I tightened as much as humanly possible..and still seems to move up a bit when I reach bottom. It def helped though . I think it kept my intestines in place..LOL. IT WAS SO TIGHT..I got nervous after I wanted to breathe and alomost couldnt get it off..LOL
great lift johnny!!! keep killin that sheet!!!

MongoSS

MongoSS

Awards
Lol good job johnny.

I actually saw and talked to a guy today at the FC who had a good deadlift. He did 626 for a single. Talked to him some and found out he only deadlifts once a month though. So I doubt I will ever deadlift with him. I might switch it up and only deadlift every other week.
I have done well from deadlifting less often. I use the westside system so, I tend to rotate exercises everly week. Two lower body days, two upper body days. One max effort day and one speed day for each. So I do, deads from the floor on speed day with 50-60% plus bands to develop speed. But on max effort days I usually do a squat or squat variation to a max. Then a heavy deadlift variation, usually block, or rack pulls, rotated with defecit pulls or goodmornings, I probably don't pull heavy deads from the floor but one time every 6-8 weeks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Deadlifts
Warmup I had 90 lbs plus the sled on leg press and did like 50 reps to warm my hips up going deep then widening my stance out and going deaper to get as loos and as much blood into the areas.
225x8 1800
315x6 1890
425x3 1275 this tied an old PR
435x2 870
315x20 6300 – Man that was awesome! I went for 425x3 and got it with much trouble. I mean it was a hard pull but not that bad, I figured I had more in me. I got the 3rd one up just above my knees and it pulled me back down. I rested about 3 minutes stripping the bar to 315 and strapping up to do a max rep set. I did not think I would get ANYWHERE NEAR 20 REPS WITH THAT WEIGHT.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deadlifts
Warmup I had 90 lbs plus the sled on leg press and did like 50 reps to warm my hips up going deep then widening my stance out and going deaper to get as loos and as much blood into the areas.
225x8 1800
315x6 1890
435x2 870
315x20 6300 – Man that was awesome! I went for 425x3 and got it with much trouble. I mean it was a hard pull but not that bad, I figured I had more in me. I got the 3rd one up just above my knees and it pulled me back down. I rested about 3 minutes stripping the bar to 315 and strapping up to do a max rep set. I did not think I would get ANYWHERE NEAR 20 REPS WITH THAT WEIGHT.
Badass with the 315 for 20 reps. I know 405 is a rough rep out for me.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deadlifts
225x8 1800
315x6 1890
435x2 870
Damn, 315 for 20, wtf. That's a beastly weight to hit for endurance reps Kleen :run:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deadlifts
225x8 1800
315x6 1890
435x2 870
315x20 6300 – Man that was awesome! I went for 425x3 and got it with much trouble. I mean it was a hard pull but not that bad, I figured I had more in me. I got the 3rd one up just above my knees and it pulled me back down.
I rested about 3 minutes stripping the bar to 315 and strapping up to do a max rep set. I did not think I would get ANYWHERE NEAR 20 REPS WITH THAT WEIGHT.
Widowmaker Deadlifts...........Thunder-likey!!! :hammer:

Did you feel like this afterwards? :1244:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
425x3 this tied an old PR.
According to my 1RM calculator that puts you at around 463.25 for a max deadlift.

You're closing in on that 500 lbs. big Kleen!!!!:head:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For real. Friday's deadlifts of 435 X 12 was a rough one for me. But that was after some 400+ lb. SLDL's for 10 reps. Just wanted to see what regular deads felt like after all these years.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Tom!
Damn, 315 for 20, wtf. That's a beastly weight to hit for endurance reps Kleen :run:
Man it was intense at the end.
Widowmaker Deadlifts...........Thunder-likey!!! :hammer:

Did you feel like this afterwards? :1244:
Yep that's about right. Well I actually felt like roaring and pounding my chest then getting noodle legs. The last 2 I rested for 1 second and maybe 2 in the down position to twist the wraps tighter with out re-gripping, but once I got started and close to 20 I really wanted it.

According to my 1RM calculator that puts you at around 463.25 for a max deadlift.

You're closing in on that 500 lbs. big Kleen!!!!:head:
Nice that is a new goal and considering some recent from changes I am pulling easier now. I know I will be able to hit 500 in the not to distant future.
For real. Friday's deadlifts of 435 X 12 was a rough one for me. But that was after some 400+ lb. SLDL's for 10 reps. Just wanted to see what regular deads felt like after all these years.
Yeah I would love to see what the Thunderous one can do when fresh in about the 6-8 range. I know you don't like going to low in reps but I bet fresh you can rep 500.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Nice stuff man awesome lifts! I am really trying to decide if I can safely allow myself in this contest. I will just lift tomorrow and see how it feels with a little heavier weight. If it feels good I will hit heavy as I can on Saturday.

Does anyone have a good recommendation on weight progression in warm up for a max so I don't blow my load before I get to my max? I don't have any experience with this and I know there are a lot of good recommendations with this group of guys. I was thinking I should be pulling about 405-425 since I haven't pulled heavy in a long time so say if I were going to try a max at 425 how many warm ups should I do, how long in between them and what percentage of weights as well as reps should I do for each warm up.
Chris, warmup for max's, I love to do trips (3's). A sampling would be:

135 - 10
225 - 3
315 - 3
405 - 3
Then Max.

I'd like to get in on this. I know in the previous challenges, its been difficult since my workouts are tailored to cutting and I've been doing full bodies for a few months now.

Best I've done is 505@205 'on' and with belt, no wraps. Right now I'm taking fish oil, a fat burner, and ASGT prework, thats it. I'm sittin at 196ish, gonna shoot for 455 and work from there. I may have to strap, we'll see. I've got a partner any may video this so y'all can see me in 'beast' mode :D :D :D

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I have done well from deadlifting less often. I use the westside system so, I tend to rotate exercises everly week. Two lower body days, two upper body days. One max effort day and one speed day for each. So I do, deads from the floor on speed day with 50-60% plus bands to develop speed. But on max effort days I usually do a squat or squat variation to a max. Then a heavy deadlift variation, usually block, or rack pulls, rotated with defecit pulls or goodmornings, I probably don't pull heavy deads from the floor but one time every 6-8 weeks.
Mongo, where you been? Good to see you big fella!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chris, warmup for max's, I love to do trips (3's). A sampling would be:

135 - 10
225 - 3
315 - 3
405 - 3
Then Max.

I'd like to get in on this. I know in the previous challenges, its been difficult since my workouts are tailored to cutting and I've been doing full bodies for a few months now.

Best I've done is 505@205 'on' and with belt, no wraps. Right now I'm taking fish oil, a fat burner, and ASGT prework, thats it. I'm sittin at 196ish, gonna shoot for 455 and work from there. I may have to strap, we'll see. I've got a partner any may video this so y'all can see me in 'beast' mode :D :D :D
Yes video deadlifts ftw!

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Well, I promised an update from my contest.

Bar weight was 475#

I was the last competitor in my weight class (under 200#), so all I had to do was enough to maintain my first place position. The guy before me did 14 reps, so I did 16 reps and called it quits. I had plenty more in the tank, and felt like I could have done 30 easy. No need to show off and waste my energy with stones still left to go.

Overall I got 1st place. I will post pictures this afternoon.

DH

Thought I would include the link from the local paper that covered the event...I have one picture in the article. Its the last one of the overhead log lift - I got 7 reps.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/x187208037/A-show-of-muscle

Here is a link to the thread on this site with my pics.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/161839-muscle-main-nas.html#post2602184

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Bar weight was 475#

I was the last competitor in my weight class (under 200#), so all I had to do was enough to maintain my first place position. The guy before me did 14 reps, so I did 16 reps and called it quits. I had plenty more in the tank, and felt like I could have done 30 easy. No need to show off and waste my energy with stones still left to go.

DH
AWESOME man. Thats sweet!!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Bar weight was 475#

DH
Congratulations are in order drivehard!! :clap2:

So this was a strongman competition. Even sweeter. I thought you were competing in a powerlifting competition.

I can't wait to see those videos bro. I love strongman competitions. :head:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good Stuff Man that was awesome. Somehow my 315x20 doesn't seem so impressive now. LOL

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Bar weight was 475#

DH

Thought I would include the link from the local paper that covered the event...I have one picture in the article. Its the last one of the overhead log lift - I got 7 reps.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/x187208037/A-show-of-muscle
Congrats bro and reps!

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established

Bar weight was 475#

DH

Here is a link to the thread on this site with my pics.

That's top notch!!! You should be stoked as all get out!

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
finally was able to hit some deads. Did the all lifts raw.
240-5
335-3
425-3
515-1
weighed 245 today

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. Looks like the average here is about 400#'s, some in the 500# club and two in the 600# club.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
New here & wanted to give a shout out!

6'3"
36yrs
725/221 = 3.28
Strap, Belt, & Suited
On Cycle = Halo, Test E
Nice. Looks like the average here is about 400#'s, some in the 500# club and two in the 600# club.
Don't forget our one contestant who's in that elusive 700# club.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't forget our one contestant who's in that elusive 700# club.
Oh snap, how'd I miss that. Also, I think there are quite a few under 200lbs guys liftig 2.0-2.5 relative to bodyweight.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh snap, how'd I miss that. Also, I think there are quite a few under 200lbs guys liftig 2.0-2.5 relative to bodyweight.
That's when you know someone is strong. Lifting 2.0 to 2.5 relative to bodyweight.

Even my big ass is doing that much after all these years. Makes me feel good.

Old Quote from page 4:

So on a 1RM calculator I checked and 435 X 12 reps is supposed to equate to a 591.6 lb. deadlift. Not bad after all these years of not deadlifting. Looks like I'll have to include them more often. At least once a month

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want that 3 to relative body weight and 700 on the bar.

Also dont get caught up too much in 1 rm calculators. My 405 for 17 says I should be able to get 730 :rofl: