MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Such a beast. So is this week the week we are supposed to max? If so I have a plan for this week. I think I was supposed to try to max on DL this week. I have a pull workout Thursday, will be depleted too so I am going to do a mixed upper body day instead. Friday I will start my carb up and then Saturday when I go to the gym I will start with Deads, and then move to some leg press to completely smash my legs into submission.

Perhaps I will do my dead lifts, get my max done then lower the weight and do another Rep Out. After that have a go at doing centuries on the leg press. That sounds like a hell of a workout doesn’t it?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell ya mrkleen! What Ben and I would used to do is do our heavy set or max then do a rep out with 405. So one could win the max out(me) and the other could possibly win the rep out(Ben). But then the FC employees started bitching about "slammin" weights. So we stopped doing that but I might have to bring it back.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want that 3 to relative body weight and 700 on the bar.

Also dont get caught up too much in 1 rm calculators. My 405 for 17 says I should be able to get 730 :rofl:
My best so far is 2.54 BW. Not that impressive among the numbers here, but at my L.A. Fitness family gym, it was outrageous.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want that 3 to relative body weight and 700 on the bar.

Also dont get caught up too much in 1 rm calculators. My 405 for 17 says I should be able to get 730 :rofl:
Oh, I don't put that much trust in them. But I'm also not considering doing max-singles anytime soon.

I was somewhat pleased to do 435 X 12 after hitting up heavy SLDL's. And it was after many years of not even doing conventional deadlifts.
I love doing somewhat moderate to high reps. Just got hooked on bodybuilding type training I guess.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I love the POWER lol. Plus I just get a mind fack when it comes to lifting for reps. Then it REALLY has to be about competition to push me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hell ya mrkleen! What Ben and I would used to do is do our heavy set or max then do a rep out with 405. So one could win the max out(me) and the other could possibly win the rep out(Ben). But then the FC employees started bitching about "slammin" weights. So we stopped doing that but I might have to bring it back.
Now that I have gotten started with them I may just build myself a platform and do them in the garage if my little love affair continues. I don't wan't people coming up bothering me. Of course I would tell them they had a whole lot of other stuff to fix before worrying about me making noise. Luckily I am at a 10 a month gym where they basically have the attitude you pay 10$ you get access to the gym that is all we do for you unless you want to buy training. So even if someone complained they would tell them what I was told once. You only pay $10 a month if you don't like the service you get for $10 a month feel free to cancel your membership. Lets be honest they make more money off of gym members who don't go than the ones actually going and complaining. At $10 a month who cancels... LOL

Oh yeah cool thing, my instructor told me yesterday that since they are moving the Dojo I can have whatever flooring they don't use in the new spot to put in my garage. He gets the nice 3/4 inch commercial stuff too. SO I will have to use that for rolling and what not maybe an Outdoor DL platform... I do have a concreted section of my back yard. HMMM Decisions....

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now that I have gotten started with them I may just build myself a platform and do them in the garage if my little love affair continues. I don't wan't people coming up bothering me. Of course I would tell them they had a whole lot of other stuff to fix before worrying about me making noise. Luckily I am at a 10 a month gym where they basically have the attitude you pay 10$ you get access to the gym that is all we do for you unless you want to buy training. So even if someone complained they would tell them what I was told once. You only pay $10 a month if you don't like the service you get for $10 a month feel free to cancel your membership. Lets be honest they make more money off of gym members who don't go than the ones actually going and complaining. At $10 a month who cancels... LOL

Oh yeah cool thing, my instructor told me yesterday that since they are moving the Dojo I can have whatever flooring they don't use in the new spot to put in my garage. He gets the nice 3/4 inch commercial stuff too. SO I will have to use that for rolling and what not maybe an Outdoor DL platform... I do have a concreted section of my back yard. HMMM Decisions....
Ya the only people that have complained to me r fitness center employees but I think they just wanted to feel important and do something for a change lol. They said someone came and complained to them at the front. If u have a problem with me say something to my face. I dont get it. And man Im jealous of a $10 a month gym lol. The only place worth going to here is $30 a month. Not outrageous but free is so much better.

Very nice Im a little jealous of u. Although I would have to have buy way too many plates lol. What MA do u practice btw?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
$10 gym pass is nuts!

I wished I could Squat & DL in my garage. There's something barbaric and hardcore about that, that turns me on. At the other specturm, I do appreciate the variety I get at a commerical mega-gym and the occasional free test boost eye candy.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
$10 gym pass is nuts!

I wished I could Squat & DL in my garage. There's something barbaric and hardcore about that, that turns me on. At the other specturm, I do appreciate the variety I get at a commerical mega-gym and the occasional free test boost eye candy.
Id love to squat and DL in a garage and just blast music and yell like a facking wild animal lol. I dont get any of the free test boosting eye candy where I go :squintfinger: (I think it is hilarious they have a squity eyed middle finger smiley) Although I did see a HOTTIE leaving as I was going into the FC. Hair all wet looking like she just got out the shower :eek:p: I tried not to stare but Im pretty sure I did :006:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
$10 gym pass is nuts!

I agree, I wish I could do those two exercises without any distractions from the weights.

I figure I would need an adjustable bench, a squat rack, an olympic bar with at least 8 plates, then a set of 35's, 25's, 10's, and 5's. After that I would just need the entire rack of dumbells and I would be set.

Except... it's like 3 grand cheaper to just pay 17 bucks a month at a gym around the corner for the foreseeable future.. Stupid economics. :(

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, I wish I could do those two exercises without any distractions from the weights.

I figure I would need an adjustable bench, a squat rack, an olympic bar with at least 8 plates, then a set of 35's, 25's, 10's, and 5's. After that I would just need the entire rack of dumbells and I would be set.

Except... it's like 3 grand cheaper to just pay 17 bucks a month at a gym around the corner for the foreseeable future.. Stupid economics. :(
$17! Damn. You guys have great prices! I'm on the low end with $29 a month and that's because the pay off the entire year at once, so I get a bulk pay discount. I think the average around here is $36/mo.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
$17! Damn. You guys have great prices! I'm on the low end with $29 a month and that's because the pay off the entire year at once, so I get a bulk pay discount. I think the average around here is $36/mo.
I've had my membership since I was 13 and the 24 hour fitness was called "family fitness centers". From what I remember 24 hour bought my contract from them when it sold back in the day and I have kept it ever since, hence my ridiculously low monthly price. What is awesome is I have the membership that gives me access to all 24 hour locations. Ironically since there are now 24 hour active and 24 hour sport gyms... and a crazy one I saw when I was in Houston that was unlike any 24 hour I've ever seen, I have access to ones my friends can't use and they pay about 28 a month.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys strappin, with or w/o belt or any other support gear?

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Back is feeling fresh today, probably will try to max.
425lbs (+20) @ 180lbs = 2.36

Day 6 of my Katana cycle.

No belt, no gloves, no ipod. Just chalk. I actually i warmed up with gloves, its just easier to grip bare handed.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

No belt, no gloves, no ipod. Just chalk. I actually i warmed up with gloves, its just easier to grip bare handed.
Dungeon style, very cool.

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts
Warmup I had 90 lbs plus the sled on leg press and did like 50 reps to warm my hips up going deep then widening my stance out and going deaper to get as loos and as much blood into the areas.
225x8 1800
315x6 1890
425x3 1275 this tied an old PR
435x2 870
315x20 6300 – Man that was awesome! I went for 425x3 and got it with much trouble. I mean it was a hard pull but not that bad, I figured I had more in me. I got the 3rd one up just above my knees and it pulled me back down. I rested about 3 minutes stripping the bar to 315 and strapping up to do a max rep set. I did not think I would get ANYWHERE NEAR 20 REPS WITH THAT WEIGHT.
315x20 is Top Notch!! That's some strongman stuff there

Nice pulls, bro!

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established

my garage is where i do all my lifts...love it. no one in my way or complaining. if i need to turn the music up thats what i do.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah Tom, I think you asked what Martial Arts I train in. It is an ecclectic martial art and is a combination of 3 specific styles with the best of others thrown in. The school is called Bushi Ban, and it is a mix of Bushi Do Karate, Bando an Indian martial art, and Burmese kick boxing which is like Muy Thai but they also allow head buts, and joint locks.

We have the Fighter's Elite which is the MMA portion of the school and Bushi Ban is heavily competitive in both Amateur and Professional MMA in Texas and surrounding states. My instructor and I are working on something so I can start training some of the guys and helping them with their diets for fights and what not too. Since I am a little to old to be training now to get in the ring I might as well help create a few champions.

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
So pumped! Just nailed 425 at 178! So that's a 2.38. I'm physched, feel like 450s right around the corner.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
got 375 at 265 the other day, so that puts me up to 1.41 from 1.39 ratio, slow but steady i guess lol.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not going for a PR tonight, but maybe trying to d 2 sets of 6 with 405!!!! WOOT for me!!!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My next attempt will be 685 at a weight that is LIKELY to be 220.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK..so I had to put my ego at the door. My deads were at the end of a full body workout..wasnt even thinking...OUCH!!! Only got 315-6 ...LOL oh well

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got that $hit!!!
I will likely try it on Monday. Thing is wont be able to record it sorry guys :sorry: The FC is closing for renovations. And the camera I was going to use is a friends.

I will for sure take Sunday off. Supposed to do abs, arms, and legs tomorrow but it looks like I have to do some yard work. The FC closes at 9 on Saturday. Got the whole family dinner thing so Idk if I will have the time. To be honest though I would probably skip the abs to give my core a break. Plus wouldnt want to do legs before I go for a big deadlift PR. So that leaves arms which this is a great workout. Basically Im saying Idk wtf Im going to do lol.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So what your trying to say is....?!?!?!??!!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL....Well ok...GET THAT SHIOT!!!

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
OK..so I had to put my ego at the door. My deads were at the end of a full body workout..wasnt even thinking...OUCH!!! Only got 315-6 ...LOL oh well
That's alright man, 405 is some heavy sh1t. We will get there some day :)

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Rant-
Man my gym sux! The smallest plates they have are 5's, no 2.5's, so when your maxin u can only move up in 10lb increments. Super frustrating, bout to go buy a couple 2.5's to bring for deads.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rant-
Man my gym sux! The smallest plates they have are 5's, no 2.5's, so when your maxin u can only move up in 10lb increments. Super frustrating, bout to go buy a couple 2.5's to bring for deads.
If u r deadlifting u dont need 2.5s :saroll:

I want to get to the point where I cant even fit small increment changes on the bar :sgrin:

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
Rant-

I would just go a buy a couple of sets of 2.5lb plates & keep them in your gym bag?

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I am not going to try a new max just to add 5lbs onto my old max. Not worth it.

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
I am not going to try a new max just to add 5lbs onto my old max. Not worth it.
Yeah, I agree five lbs isn't much, but it's all about progression, an moving up five pounds every workout, or even everyother workout adds up after awhile. Just sayin it'd be nice to have the option.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know I just felt like busting ur balls lol.

Anyway so Im a dumbass lol. The jump from 675 to 685 is a big one especially when u consider Im 7-8 pounds lighter now. Would have put me at 3.058 times my body weight.

Btw I NEED a new belt I hate this POS.

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
I know I just felt like busting ur balls lol.

Anyway so Im a dumbass lol. The jump from 675 to 685 is a big one especially when u consider Im 7-8 pounds lighter now. Would have put me at 3.058 times my body weight.

Btw I NEED a new belt I hate this POS.

What kind of belt are you currently using?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What kind of belt are you currently using?
It has no name on it lol. There is no brand or anything. I need to go ahead and cave pick up an APT or Inzer belt. What do u suggest Neck?

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
It has no name on it lol. There is no brand or anything. I need to go ahead and cave pick up an APT or Inzer belt. What do u suggest Neck?
Yeah, I've been thinking about picking one up too. I haven't been using a belt and ithink it's time.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
in for the belt answer.

i dont use one, but have been tossing the idea around of getting one.