Separating the Men From the Boys... The Deadlift Competiton

Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    yeah bro, that's a sciatic nerve. You probably had a minor slip in your lumbar somewhere, just enough to hit that sciactic nerve. I hate that and I've done the exact same thing you did.

My gym was having a DL contest, I was only filming. I got so fired up just watching, I thought I'd just jump on in when they hit 405. Mind you I could rep 405 at this point, so it should have been a shoe-in rep. Some people were struggling and some people were missing, so I sort of got egotisical and wanted to show off. I attempted the pull dead cold, the weight didn't budge and my back was TORE!!! That put me out for a good while.

My sciatic nerve doesn't get aggravated anymore, thank god. I had it for a year (10 months) straight and even sitting in class was unbearable. My lower back is just vulnerable in general, the one other exercise I can't do are BB rows and that's actually my second favorite lift, scond to deads. Injuries suck, but having had lame injuries makes me appreciate my other functional bodyparts.
    I have the same exact problem, driving in my car too long used to aggrivate the hell out of it as does any kind of rowing type lift. So what did u do to help your back recover? As soon as this happened i bought a bunch of cissus and megadosed it for a few months and it didnt do anything. Theres a huge azz bodybuilder at my gym who said he had the same problem and it randomly went away after a year. I take ibuprofin when the stiches from my hernias aggrivate me and it seems to help my back but im afraid to take too long.

2. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    I have the same exact problem, driving in my car too long used to aggrivate the hell out of it as does any kind of rowing type lift. So what did u do to help your back recover? As soon as this happened i bought a bunch of cissus and megadosed it for a few months and it didnt do anything. Theres a huge azz bodybuilder at my gym who said he had the same problem and it randomly went away after a year. I take ibuprofin when the stiches from my hernias aggrivate me and it seems to help my back but im afraid to take too long.
    Time in general and time away from anything that will stress your lumbar. I also wore a lumbar support beneath my lifting belt during the times that it would hurt just to walk. I had to wear that lumbar support/lifting belt combo to work sometimes (office job).

At this point, I "can" dead lift, as long as I take a slow, progressive route. I only ever re-aggravate my lumbar when I forget about my limitations. That said, I didn't dead lift for a year after my slip disc, but mine was pretty bad. Like you, driving hurt, getting in and out of the car, in and out of bed, taking shets hurt, sneezing, putting socks on, laughing, coughing, it was all bad. I never got surgery and I progressively healed over 10 months.

I just focused on various hammer rows and various pull downs to keep my back up to par.

A member here suggested a version of the BB row that I can perform without agitating my lumbar and its taking the medium length barbell or an EZ bar, laying chest down against an incline bench and pulling. The straight, medium length BB is preferable. However, you have to have one of those benches that are bolted down, or you'll endo with the weight. Start with the 45's, its a light beginning and the 45's place the bar in a good height off the floor for easy access.
    •   

3. Did deadlifts tonight. Got 635 at 222 natty just my inzer belt and some chalk. Most I have ever gotten while natty.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Did deadlifts tonight. Got 635 at 222 natty just my inzer belt and some chalk. Most I have ever gotten while natty.
    Congrats bro. That's an awesome natty pull.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."

5. Yeah damn good pull!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Did deadlifts tonight. Got 635 at 222 natty just my inzer belt and some chalk. Most I have ever gotten while natty.

j/k, that's pretty sick Tom.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

Damn, Bro!!! I see 700+ in the near future, for you!!!

8. He is a beast isn't he.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

9. Update: 645 today at 221, chucks, inzer belt, and chalk like usual.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Update: 645 today at 221, chucks, inzer belt, and chalk like usual.
    Get'n up there boy. What's up on a deadlift routine video, lol.

11. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Get'n up there boy. What's up on a deadlift routine video, lol.
    Ya I want to get 655 natty before I cycle again. Lol I dont do anything special. "Alright now load up more weight than u did last time and lift" that would be my video. Hell Im thinking about trying an actual routine just to see how long I last on it.

12. Just got done with a USAPL comp......Pulled 500 on my third lift, 3 white lights, raw at 156lb bodyweight. Broke the PA state record for Junior (20-23) 165lb class......going for the national records at the end of January!!!!

its on youtube under......500 deadlift raw state record

13. Quote Originally Posted by Peckboy69 View Post
    Just got done with a USAPL comp......Pulled 500 on my third lift, 3 white lights, raw at 156lb bodyweight. Broke the PA state record for Junior (20-23) 165lb class......going for the national records at the end of January!!!!

At 156! 3.2 x's bodyweight, geeze.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Peckboy69 View Post
    Just got done with a USAPL comp......Pulled 500 on my third lift, 3 white lights, raw at 156lb bodyweight. Broke the PA state record for Junior (20-23) 165lb class......going for the national records at the end of January!!!!

Very impressive pull.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Peckboy69 View Post

Way to steal my thunder bro

Lol jk great lift man and good luck in Jan!

16. noooo way brothaa.....645 is rediculous lol....esp at 221......im broke the pa state bench too.....at 325 raw for 156lb bw.......trying that national record too in january lol.....thats if my shoulder holds up by then......so im gunna keep my fingers crossed hahaha

17. Quote Originally Posted by Peckboy69 View Post
    noooo way brothaa.....645 is rediculous lol....esp at 221......im broke the pa state bench too.....at 325 raw for 156lb bw.......trying that national record too in january lol.....thats if my shoulder holds up by then......so im gunna keep my fingers crossed hahaha
    Ehh its ok. But when I get 700 that will be something special

Dang thats good man. Most people have a hard time being good exceptionally well at multiple lifts. I know my bench sucks lol.

18. im sure it isnt terrible lol......im going for the national bench national deadlift and national collegiate total record........my squat is ****ty lol....but my other two lifts severly help me....i just hope i have enough in me on the 29th of january lol.......keep trainin thats all i can do lol

19. Quote Originally Posted by Peckboy69 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Peckboy69 View Post
    im broke the pa state bench too.....at 325 raw for 156lb bw.......trying that national record too in january lol.....thats if my shoulder holds up by then......so im gunna keep my fingers crossed hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckboy69 View Post
    im going for the national bench national deadlift and national collegiate total record........my squat is ****ty lol....but my other two lifts severly help me....i just hope i have enough in me on the 29th of january lol.......keep trainin thats all i can do lol
    Go get 'em Peckboy69!!! Exceptional lifting my friend.

I'm sure you'll bring the pain to those fellow competitors come January 29th.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."

20. Quote Originally Posted by Peckboy69 View Post

Top notch work there, bro!!!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Way to steal my thunder bro

Lol jk great lift man and good luck in Jan!

I still love ya! LOL

22. thanx guys!!!!! i hope so.....i hope so!!!!

23. Keep us updated for sure.
    NSCA - CSCS

24. Well I'm back... looks like I have some work to do. Since my hand surgery I haven't been able to grip a whole lot but it is coming back to me. Good to see you guys are all still up in this one.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.

25. Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    Well I'm back... looks like I have some work to do. Since my hand surgery I haven't been able to grip a whole lot but it is coming back to me. Good to see you guys are all still up in this one.
    Glad to hear your coming around, keep us posted.

26. 18 years old
    Natural
    5ft 7
    180lbs
    450lbsx1
    2.5 Ratio

27. Im in too
    weight -175 deadlift raw 405 deadlift. No straps no belt.
    idk what the weight ratio is

28. Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet7 View Post
    Im in too
    weight -175 deadlift raw 405 deadlift. No straps no belt.
    idk what the weight ratio is
    2.3 x's bodyweight. Pretty good man, that's a big lift for 175lbs.
    NSCA - CSCS

29. Well I know its not much for my size but trying 500 pounds at about 275, on january 20th(my birthday present to myself) Got 475 up about 2 weeks ago(Raw no belt)

RECOVERBRO

30. Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Well I know its not much for my size but trying 500 pounds at about 275, on january 20th(my birthday present to myself) Got 475 up about 2 weeks ago(Raw no belt)

You got that $hit all day!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trying to help my boys...
    By Jjaden in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:53 PM
  2. IA--Man Among Boys
    By propagandhi in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:31 PM