What is your biggest problem area when it comes to training?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Does this mean that a mass goal would be more time spent on the negative? Yes, I'm trying to pump you for info. I knew it was a crime but I did it anyway.

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Hmm....I forget....

Could be, but then your diet changes to.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Do I give everything away?!?!!?!?

There isn't one exercise, its the way you exercise. Like I siad before I need to know what is goals are. Does he want size AND strength or just strength. Strength based workouts require less time under stress and less calories. They generally are more explosive and less time is spent on the negative. This can be done with any exericse so anyone saying that one exercise makes you stronger is mistaken. It just usually that compound exercises force you to do the exerice in a ratio that is condusive to strenght gains rather than pure hypertrophy.

Must .....find....dictionary.....
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Hmm....I forget....

Could be, but then your diet changes to.

Damn, you're vague.
    Good way to reel the customer in though. I'm already sold but I wouldn't be worth your time right now. When Jan rolls around, I'm gonna be relying on you to make me into a monster.
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    Must .....find....dictionary.....
    If you could see my eyes right now and how blooshot they are, you would understand my typos.

This is also proof that I type what is in my head. If I talked to you on the phone, I would talk the same way
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Damn, you're vague.
    Good way to reel the customer in though. I'm already sold but I wouldn't be worth your time right now. When Jan rolls around, I'm gonna be relying on you to make me into a monster.
    But the answer I gave is what he needs to do. Work on training that increases neural stimulation than hypertrophy. Explosive exercises with a short negative for pure strength. Its not one exercise, its the way you exercise.

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

I read you man. I was just trying to get more info out of you regarding my goals. Figured I'd hijack the thread for little.
  8. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Answers

My major problems now is staying out of the gym. I'm in the Army deployed at Kuwait in support of OIF. Its not hard to watch what I eat, and to eat often. We have a huge food selection and I can get food in to go boxes to have in between breakfast lunch and dinner. The gym here is also great. Much better equipment that my gyms in Germany, where I'm normally stationed. Plus theres several squat racks here. I used to bitch nonstop about having to wait for that one squat rack at the gym in Germany. For some reason, the army's gyms in Germany can afford literally 60 pieces of cardio equipment and 8 benches, but only one squat rack .

Its great for training down here tho. When I got here six months ago I was about 260 with about 18% BF and now I'm 250 with about 11 or 12% BF. I haven't actually measured the bodyfat, but its a guess. I can see 4 out of my 6 abs, and I heard at 10% you can see all of them. I haven't even cardioed most of the time I was here. I guess being outside in 125 degree weather every day will cut you up . I limited myself to 4 days a week lifting in the gym...I seriously overtrained when I first got here. I was like a kid in a candystore, working out every day. Not much else to do around here.
  9. Pityin' fools since '81
    Answers

i think my biggest problem is psychological. i'll do a bulk period for 1-2 months, and about halfway through i feel that i'm getting too fat, so i switch gears halfway through and eradicate the gained bf AND the muscle that i gained during that time period. same with a cutter, when the shirt sleeves aren't as tight as they used to be i panic and visit sledge's little shop of wonders

right now is a perfect example i'm winding up the usual cutting cycle for the summer 6-pack, but my weight dipped dangerously close to going under 200, so i panicked and ordered bottles of m4ohn, justifying to myself that "the ban is near, might as well.... it'll help with cutting anyways."
  10. Board Supporter
    Answers

I work the night shift (8:00PM to 8:00AM) on M/Tu/W/ and every other Su. After work, I go home and watch my 2 girls. I get about 3.5-4.5 hours of sleep (broken up) and then I go back into work. I try to stay with a normal M/W/F split since I have zero free time on the week-ends. In a few weeks, I switch ends of the week and will be doing Th/F/Sa and every other Su. I'm looking forward to this since my wife will be home on week-ends and I can actually get some real sleep. Lack of sleep is hurting my recovery. Its not really affecting my workouts since I can easily motivate myself to hit the weights (home gym).

So, to get to the point, my problem area is rest. I've dropped 50 lbs and kept it off since last late July. I'm frustrated because I've been keeping my calories in check, diet clean, and committed to training but I believe I've plateaued because of the lack of rest. Not much I can do right now but continue to push through. As mentioned before, I'm hoping that getting back on week-ends will help me push past this since I'll be able to get 6-7 hours of sleep.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

I can solve that
    How much is that going to cost?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike
    www.flanutrition.com
  13. king of useless information!!!
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    I might, not sure.. If not, there's always the NH NPC in september..

is there a local show before the NH NPC?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    My major problems now is staying out of the gym. I'm in the Army deployed at Kuwait in support of OIF. Its not hard to watch what I eat, and to eat often. We have a huge food selection and I can get food in to go boxes to have in between breakfast lunch and dinner. The gym here is also great. Much better equipment that my gyms in Germany, where I'm normally stationed. Plus theres several squat racks here. I used to bitch nonstop about having to wait for that one squat rack at the gym in Germany. For some reason, the army's gyms in Germany can afford literally 60 pieces of cardio equipment and 8 benches, but only one squat rack .

Its great for training down here tho. When I got here six months ago I was about 260 with about 18% BF and now I'm 250 with about 11 or 12% BF. I haven't actually measured the bodyfat, but its a guess. I can see 4 out of my 6 abs, and I heard at 10% you can see all of them. I haven't even cardioed most of the time I was here. I guess being outside in 125 degree weather every day will cut you up . I limited myself to 4 days a week lifting in the gym...I seriously overtrained when I first got here. I was like a kid in a candystore, working out every day. Not much else to do around here.
    What base you at man? I was at Al Jaber AFB for a few months and their gym kicked ass.
  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike

Or here:

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16488

16. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Answers

Arrow

What base you at man? I was at Al Jaber AFB for a few months and their gym kicked ass.
    I'm at Camp Arifjan. I love our gym here. Working out in tents is fricking cool!

Wheres Al Jaber? I know every Air Force base I've been to has great gyms. They like taking care of their personnel or something. Are you in the Air Force?
  17. Registered User
    Answers

my biggest problem is my diet i would say, i work in retail and its almost impossible to eat a full meal to prevent catabolism and get all those calories in while still maintaing the shop floor and customers etc.

I mean i have had instances where the shop has been quiet and i have run to the toilet but instead stopped off at the staff room and stuff myself in 5 mins brown bread going everywhere, bits of chicken going all over the place with peanut butter all down me its a nightmare, so i think that is my biggest problem along with the loosing too much muscle while cutting which is another horrible situation im in.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Getting enough rest and diet.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Problem:
    1. will power to kick my ass to go to gym ED or EOD
    2. sticking on my diet given my incredible appetite
    3. finding the time to fit "gym" in my schedule
  20. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

My biggest problem:

I do everything right and still wake up at freakin 3am everyday. I haven't worked out for over a week cause I can hardly function. If it wasn't for these sleep problems I know I would have about 15 extra pounds of lean mass on me.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  21. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Diet being # 1. I eat clean foods (rarely cheat) and have no problem doing so, but still gain more fat than I would like on the lovehandles. So bulking without putting on fat, and for the people in college like myself, meal timing is pretty difficult. I pack my meals before I go to class in the morning, still have a tough time fitting them in 7 minute breaks between class. Like Size said, workout partner too.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Personally I enjoy not having a workout partner. I prefer to workout out by myself, with my headphones on, without distraction, without having to depend on someone else for help, without having to worry if my partner is going to show up or not or be on time, etc. Things are just easier this way. Eating clean can be hard for me, because I love food.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Staying consistent with a cutting plan. Every winter/spring, I promise myself I'm going to get cut this summer and sport a six-pack. Next thing I know, summer's here and I've still got my
    40-ouncer. This year's going to be different, just like I said last year.
  24. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Answers

My biggest problem is being able to stick with it for over 4 weeks at a time. Normally something happens, or I blow off a week around the 4 week range.
  25. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    My biggest problem is being able to stick with it for over 4 weeks at a time. Normally something happens, or I blow off a week around the 4 week range.
    I believe you, I and MANY others find this to be true. I think many people get so burned out from a 12 week cut or bulk then they just slowly stop all together.

We see it here on this board as well as others. A guy posts all the time with his workout program then suddenly disappears. A year or so later he shows up again and is completely out of shape.

To me these are perfect reasons for a DC style workout program. 4 weeks intense followed by a 2 week cruise. I find it MUCH easier mentally and over time you continue to workout instead of going full bore for 12 weeks then falling off the workout wagon and getting out of shape.

CROWLER
  26. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    To me these are perfect reasons for a DC style workout program. 4 weeks intense followed by a 2 week cruise. I find it MUCH easier mentally and over time you continue to workout instead of going full bore for 12 weeks then falling off the workout wagon and getting out of shape.

CROWLER
    I've never heard of DC's methods or really read anything about them. Maybe I should start researching that as an alternative for when I get done with Bobo's plan. Any leads in the right direction would help!!
  27. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Bohica, I did not realize you were on Bobo's program. From all I have heard it is a GREAT program.
  28. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Answers

It is, and the results when I'm not sick are great especially from the visible changes I see week to week.
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Biggest problem for me is eating the large amounts of food I need.
  30. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    To me these are perfect reasons for a DC style workout program.
    CROWLER
    Trust me when I say that Bobo is very understanding about taking time off. But you gotta understand, hes trying to get people the best results possible in 8 weeks. What would people think if they paid $300 and then heard "take week 5 off
    " and week 6 only complete half of your workouts?

IMO its very simple, the more dedicated and the more you put into this, the better your results will be.
  31. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Answers

hey die i am pretty tired of your attitude on these boards. Ever since you have lost that weight, its been nothing but total negativity with any post you make outside of Bobo's private client forums. You need to learn this, people do it different ways, and from what worked with you isnt gonna work with everoyn else, so don't push it like its right.... Now I'm not saying Bobo's program is bad, because I saw the type of results I wanted to see minus the weight gain in a week, and we finally got my diet down 4-5 weeks into it. But still man give it a break and lighten up.
  32. Board Supporter
    Answers

hey die i am pretty tired of your attitude on these boards. Ever since you have lost that weight, its been nothing but total negativity with any post you make outside of Bobo's private client forums. You need to learn this, people do it different ways, and from what worked with you isnt gonna work with everoyn else, so don't push it like its right.... Now I'm not saying Bobo's program is bad, because I saw the type of results I wanted to see minus the weight gain in a week, and we finally got my diet down 4-5 weeks into it. But still man give it a break and lighten up.
    Please tell me how my reply was negative. I was just stating a simple fact: The more you put in the more you will get out. Its very simple. I really don't see how you think my comments are now negative on this board when you consider my 1 post a day is usually in the Sports Forum.

I know that there a many ways of accomplishing goals and I've never tried to push any program onto anybody. I just might have a different opinion then you b/c I tried just about every other method (DC, IA, etc.) and got little results. I like Bobo's program b/c it showed me that most of what you read/hear about bodybuilding is pure bull****. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way, but its my opinion.
  33. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I thought it was just me that thought that so I didn't bother to say anything.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Nutrition. I find it too easy to not follow my diet the way I have it planned.
  35. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

hey die i am pretty tired of your attitude on these boards. Ever since you have lost that weight, its been nothing but total negativity with any post you make outside of Bobo's private client forums.
    Where the hell did this come from?

36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Answers

I'm not sure what the attitude is all about, but I have only noticed good things from DieTrying. Really guys just chill out, we are here for discussion, and opinions are a part of that.

37. Doctor Science
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

One of my biggest problems is lack of sleep. I am still on a military clock and can only sleep like 7 hours maximum per session.

Often times I tend to go a lil overboard on weight and lack some form as well though I usually correct that as soon as I notice it starting to happen.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

eating enufe for me is a problem.
  39. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Diet is my problem. Living with the rents right now; when I go enlisted I think I'll have an easier time of diet.
    Time also affects me since I keep running out of it for everything.
  40. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Answers

Since I have gotten so much bigger, a consistent diet is my problem. Diet over 3-4 weeks consectuively is what is hard. Especially for a bulker... So much food asdfkjhsadf
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is your biggest score?
    By Montego1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 02:02 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
  3. What is your #1 flaw when it comes to this lifestyle?
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 01:12 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 10:33 AM
  5. What is your biggest pleasure?
    By Rhinoman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 02:14 PM