What is your biggest problem area when it comes to training?

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Diet being # 1. I eat clean foods (rarely cheat) and have no problem doing so, but still gain more fat than I would like on the lovehandles. So bulking without putting on fat, and for the people in college like myself, meal timing is pretty difficult. I pack my meals before I go to class in the morning, still have a tough time fitting them in 7 minute breaks between class. Like Size said, workout partner too.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Personally I enjoy not having a workout partner. I prefer to workout out by myself, with my headphones on, without distraction, without having to depend on someone else for help, without having to worry if my partner is going to show up or not or be on time, etc. Things are just easier this way. Eating clean can be hard for me, because I love food.

The Reporter

Awards
Staying consistent with a cutting plan. Every winter/spring, I promise myself I'm going to get cut this summer and sport a six-pack. Next thing I know, summer's here and I've still got my
40-ouncer. This year's going to be different, just like I said last year.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
My biggest problem is being able to stick with it for over 4 weeks at a time. Normally something happens, or I blow off a week around the 4 week range.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
My biggest problem is being able to stick with it for over 4 weeks at a time. Normally something happens, or I blow off a week around the 4 week range.
I believe you, I and MANY others find this to be true. I think many people get so burned out from a 12 week cut or bulk then they just slowly stop all together.

We see it here on this board as well as others. A guy posts all the time with his workout program then suddenly disappears. A year or so later he shows up again and is completely out of shape.

To me these are perfect reasons for a DC style workout program. 4 weeks intense followed by a 2 week cruise. I find it MUCH easier mentally and over time you continue to workout instead of going full bore for 12 weeks then falling off the workout wagon and getting out of shape.

CROWLER

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
To me these are perfect reasons for a DC style workout program. 4 weeks intense followed by a 2 week cruise. I find it MUCH easier mentally and over time you continue to workout instead of going full bore for 12 weeks then falling off the workout wagon and getting out of shape.

CROWLER
I've never heard of DC's methods or really read anything about them. Maybe I should start researching that as an alternative for when I get done with Bobo's plan. Any leads in the right direction would help!! :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Bohica, I did not realize you were on Bobo's program. From all I have heard it is a GREAT program.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
It is, and the results when I'm not sick are great especially from the visible changes I see week to week.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Biggest problem for me is eating the large amounts of food I need.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
To me these are perfect reasons for a DC style workout program.
CROWLER
Trust me when I say that Bobo is very understanding about taking time off. But you gotta understand, hes trying to get people the best results possible in 8 weeks. What would people think if they paid $300 and then heard "take week 5 off
" and week 6 only complete half of your workouts?

IMO its very simple, the more dedicated and the more you put into this, the better your results will be.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
hey die i am pretty tired of your attitude on these boards. Ever since you have lost that weight, its been nothing but total negativity with any post you make outside of Bobo's private client forums. You need to learn this, people do it different ways, and from what worked with you isnt gonna work with everoyn else, so don't push it like its right.... Now I'm not saying Bobo's program is bad, because I saw the type of results I wanted to see minus the weight gain in a week, and we finally got my diet down 4-5 weeks into it. But still man give it a break and lighten up.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey die i am pretty tired of your attitude on these boards. Ever since you have lost that weight, its been nothing but total negativity with any post you make outside of Bobo's private client forums. You need to learn this, people do it different ways, and from what worked with you isnt gonna work with everoyn else, so don't push it like its right.... Now I'm not saying Bobo's program is bad, because I saw the type of results I wanted to see minus the weight gain in a week, and we finally got my diet down 4-5 weeks into it. But still man give it a break and lighten up.
Please tell me how my reply was negative. I was just stating a simple fact: The more you put in the more you will get out. Its very simple. I really don't see how you think my comments are now negative on this board when you consider my 1 post a day is usually in the Sports Forum.

I know that there a many ways of accomplishing goals and I've never tried to push any program onto anybody. I just might have a different opinion then you b/c I tried just about every other method (DC, IA, etc.) and got little results. I like Bobo's program b/c it showed me that most of what you read/hear about bodybuilding is pure bullshit. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way, but its my opinion.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

I thought it was just me that thought that so I didn't bother to say anything. ;)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutrition. I find it too easy to not follow my diet the way I have it planned.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey die i am pretty tired of your attitude on these boards. Ever since you have lost that weight, its been nothing but total negativity with any post you make outside of Bobo's private client forums.
Where the hell did this come from?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not sure what the attitude is all about, but I have only noticed good things from DieTrying. Really guys just chill out, we are here for discussion, and opinions are a part of that.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
One of my biggest problems is lack of sleep. I am still on a military clock and can only sleep like 7 hours maximum per session.

Often times I tend to go a lil overboard on weight and lack some form as well though I usually correct that as soon as I notice it starting to happen.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Diet is my problem. Living with the rents right now; when I go enlisted I think I'll have an easier time of diet.
Time also affects me since I keep running out of it for everything.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Since I have gotten so much bigger, a consistent diet is my problem. Diet over 3-4 weeks consectuively is what is hard. Especially for a bulker... So much food asdfkjhsadf

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Since I have gotten so much bigger, a consistent diet is my problem. Diet over 3-4 weeks consectuively is what is hard. Especially for a bulker... So much food asdfkjhsadf
Diet for a week is hard for me, especially when I'm all out bulking.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm starting to hate bulking.. Given my issues with insulin resistance, I gotta keep the fat from around the waist, plus high blood pressure runs in the family.. I can get in contest shape in 8-10 weeks easy, no muscle loss (or not very much), and I don't flatten out, well not anymore.. ;)

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My problem is excess partying, which tends to go in spurts with myself. I'm good on the diet whether bulking or cutting, and have no problems with good workout intensity and dedication to lifting. However, when it comes to staying away from partying it's so hard for me to do, as I'm a rather entertaining sort to party with, and thusly people are always wanting me to join in with them. I just tend to cave every once in a while and join in.

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
My biggest problem is too much information.

I can't count the number of times I've read a thread and thought "holy **** I'm doing this all wrong". Then I change my diet or training to correct the 'problem'. Then I read another thread and the cycle repeats.

Time to lock into a consistant diet and training plan and stick with it for the long haul (except for minor tweaks). I'm following Will Brink's Muscle Building Nutrition and using Charles Poliquin designed routines and sticking with them. I have to convince myself that if I'm getting results there is no need to change anything and cutting does not start until April.

Once April comes, if Bobo is accepting clients, I'll sign up. This way I can learn how to keep the muscle I've gained instead of shrinking back to where I started from a year ago. :blink:

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm starting to hate bulking.. Given my issues with insulin resistance, I gotta keep the fat from around the waist, plus high blood pressure runs in the family.. I can get in contest shape in 8-10 weeks easy, no muscle loss (or not very much), and I don't flatten out, well not anymore.. ;)
you're so huge why would u ever need to bulk again :thumbsup:

personally my biggest problem area is diet discipline. My wife always has good junk food lying around (haagen daaz double fudge chocolate ice cream) and sometimes it's tough for me not to take a bite here or a 10lb serving there

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Well actually I have a few. My trouble areas are triceps, chest and abdomens. But I would say that abdomens are my hardest most trouble area. Back and shoulders really respond to training and legs respond averagely to training.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Here are my five biggest problems:

1. Nutrition
2. Nutrition
3. Nutrition
4. Sleep
5. Sleep

Yeah, they're kind of serious :(

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
BIggest to worst problem, simply is that fact that reality weighs in more than my pretend life.
When im in the gym, that's my pretend life because everything is just so peaceful, well, minus the clanking of the irons. But outside the gym, i have grad school, work in management for 45 hrs, while working on my own projects and programs. I guess time would be my problem but its cool tho, i've managed so far; i can continue to manage.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Here are my five biggest problems:

1. Nutrition
2. Nutrition
3. Nutrition
4. Sleep
5. Sleep

Yeah, they're kind of serious :(
Same here. I know what to eat, but I have to force myself to eat sometimes...

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
My biggest problem is actually getting out of the house to the gym. If i had a gym at my house and or a pool as well, id been about 30 lbs heavier lol.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd have to say my biggest problem is sleep... Monday through friday the most I ever get is 6-7 hours of sleep. MY schedule just won't allow for more.. I work 10 hours a day.. I have a half hour drive to and from work... I eat at home.. go to the gym... change workout, change, shower.. eat again.. by the time I get to my girlfriends it's about 9:00... Give her an hour of my time or more.. in bed by 10:30 11:00... sleep till 5:30.. repeat, repeat, repeat.

How badly will this effect my gains? Am I screwed? :(

captain chet

Awards
I'd have to say my biggest problem is sleep... Monday through friday the most I ever get is 6-7 hours of sleep. MY schedule just won't allow for more.. I work 10 hours a day.. I have a half hour drive to and from work... I eat at home.. go to the gym... change workout, change, shower.. eat again.. by the time I get to my girlfriends it's about 9:00... Give her an hour of my time or more.. in bed by 10:30 11:00... sleep till 5:30.. repeat, repeat, repeat.

How badly will this effect my gains? Am I screwed? :(
Thats my exact problem. I too am wondering how this will affect my gains. I cant sleep much at all.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Spending money, meathead syndrome, and finding what's the most effective for me, and ab training. In that order

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
Definitly diet, but only on the weekends. I tell myself that I am going to eat clean, or have one 'cheat day,' but come Monday morning I'm kicking myself.

Malek256

Awards
Time. I have a 1 year old daughter who thinks going to bed at 10pm and being up for the day at 4 am is great (and often waking up for a bit at 2 am...or else the dog is sick and needs to go out, etc.) and I get stuck working 11-12 hour days pretty frequently.

So when I do (finally) get a chance to hit my home gym I'm wiped but I go for it anyway -- but every minute I'm lifting is yet MORE time my wife has to take care of our baby without my help...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Time. I have a 1 year old daughter who thinks going to bed at 10pm and being up for the day at 4 am is great (and often waking up for a bit at 2 am...or else the dog is sick and needs to go out, etc.) and I get stuck working 11-12 hour days pretty frequently.

So when I do (finally) get a chance to hit my home gym I'm wiped but I go for it anyway -- but every minute I'm lifting is yet MORE time my wife has to take care of our baby without my help...
That sucks. My 18 month old usually sleeps from 6 to 6 with a 2 hour nap in between. It should get easier.

Wuji

Awards
Sugar/sweet tooth is my problem...I think. I generally eat a good breakfast, good lunch, good dinner. I supplement with creatine and protein shakes. HOWEVER....I like chips and dip on the weekend sometimes, and the occasional licorice and sour candies.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
chips and dip are pretty bad, but at least its not chocolate or cheescake you have a sweet tooth for lol.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
As for problem area, I would say the last bit of fat left on lower back and thin layer on the abs.
Getting to where I've got abs and all isn't a problem...just getting below 9-10% seems to be a pain.
There's a "sharpness" that I haven't acheived yet, that I would like to get to.
Even though I bulk clean with not much fat gain,
I think I would end up a little happier with the way I looked at the END of a bulk if I started off even leaner than 9 or 10%.
I'm gonna make a few minor changes so that should do the trick (theoretically...lol. )

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
My 2 major problems:
1. Training alone so pushing to limits can be difficult.
2. Getting stuck in between wanting to gain more muscle/size and wanting to get leaner.
Same for me. Plus . I often dont have time and i have to skip a workout.

Shock133

Awards
I can objectively say that I don't really have a problem I can't solve except for my calves. My results everywhere else are great and I couldn't be happier with them but I need help on a calves routine....frequency, workload and the like. I don't plan on receiving free help on this but just throwing it out there.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
My problem is I get too big....Then I have to take timr off to become "normal again"

LOL....Not the problem, the problem is Weekends, sooooo easy to stray on the weekend. Cheat day turns into cheat days!

never2fit

Awards
My biggest problem is too much information.

I can't count the number of times I've read a thread and thought "holy **** I'm doing this all wrong". Then I change my diet or training to correct the 'problem'. Then I read another thread and the cycle repeats.

Time to lock into a consistant diet and training plan and stick with it for the long haul (except for minor tweaks). I'm following Will Brink's Muscle Building Nutrition and using Charles Poliquin designed routines and sticking with them. I have to convince myself that if I'm getting results there is no need to change anything and cutting does not start until April.

Once April comes, if Bobo is accepting clients, I'll sign up. This way I can learn how to keep the muscle I've gained instead of shrinking back to where I started from a year ago. :blink:
Stick with Poliquin, he'll get you results. I've been following him for some time now and had the problem with to much information also. Sometimes I still have that problem. I just recently became a certified strength coach with Poliquin. He's the best out there.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Development wise, my delts are the biggest pain in the a**.
Strengthwise, flat barbell bench has always been a pain in my a**.:)
Lifewise, not having enough time is royal pain in my...you get the idea;)

BV

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stick with Poliquin, he'll get you results. I've been following him for some time now and had the problem with to much information also. Sometimes I still have that problem. I just recently became a certified strength coach with Poliquin. He's the best out there.
Sorry, he is getting results with me.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
My problem is I get too big....Then I have to take timr off to become "normal again"

LOL....Not the problem, the problem is Weekends, sooooo easy to stray on the weekend. Cheat day turns into cheat days!
Used to be my problem too, but I start my week on Sundays now at the gym. Keeps my weekends short, and keeps me feeling better about myself. :)

shatfield

Board Supporter
Awards
My problem is diet when it comes to cutting. Right now I'm trying to drop the fat around my midsection (to get only about 2-4% lower) while keeping my muscle. I can't get it through my head that I need to eat more than I do, I feel like if I eat anymore than 2000 calories, I'm eating too much.