What is your biggest problem area when it comes to training? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

What is your biggest problem area when it comes to training?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

diet is my #1 weakness.

i cant maintain good diet for bulking or cutting. i simply consume alot of carbs.

2. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    It'd be nice if one could clone oneself so you could always have a WO partner who's always on the same page.
    I honestly think my Workout partner is the reason Ive grown so much in the last year and a half. We both push each other so freakin hard its unbelievable. We are constintly teaching each other new **** and improving our workouts greatly. He's a certified personal trainer and knows his **** but he is amazed at some of the stuff I tell him that I learn off this site. Im trying to get him to sign up here but he's also a teacher, head coach for his high school soccer team and assisint coach for his football team so he's just as straped for time as I am.

It is a great thing to have someone as dedicated to something as you are if you two are working together at it. We have definitly become great friends.

db
  3. Banned

You are lucky to have a training partner like that.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    This can be helped by adjusting your training schedule (depeding on goals of course) to allow for those weekend slip ups. Its basically designing a program based on hormonal responses so that those excess calories do the least amount of damage.
    Bump for more info on this...
  5. New Member

My diet is screwed up!
    I cant lose the last little bit of midsection for some reason.

Its probably like three puonds i am trying to lose, but i get down so far and then my fatloss comes to a screeching halt. I get tired of getting smaller and start to get fat again?

Same ol same ol.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by 200wannabe
    I think he means, you can schedule your most intense sessions on the days you eat the most, make better use of the extra calories.

Makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Billy the kid; 05-11-2004 at 10:06 AM.
  7. king of useless information!!!

I'd definately say diet. I lose weight like its going out of style if I don't get at least 3000 cals a day, so if I get a little lazy with my diet for a couple days here and there all my hard work to gain those pounds goes out the window. Unfortunately, I have my fair share of those lazy days with my diet
  8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 200wannabe
    Different types of training induce different type of stimuli and if you time it right you can bascially eliminate the damage a day of splurging can cause and actually make use of those calories WHILE still burning fat. Now this doesn't mean you can go eat 3 pizzas and get away with it. You still have to have some discipline but your options of what to eat increase drastically.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  9. New Member

Diet and training alone.

I'm single so I have to make all my food. I tend to drift to the quick and lazy foods. Pasta is so quick and easy to make and I can freeze a lot of it. But, it's pasta. ...and Chipotle is Chipotle.

I train alone so I have to limit myself sometimes. This can be a draw back. I'm sure there are training principles that maximize the lone workout method, but I haven't really found them yet.
  10. Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****

My problem is that I feel like I don't know enough about my diet to make good decisions on a daily basis. Like all winter I felt like I was bulking right, until I started to realize that I was getting really fat. Then I got an overhaul from SC and bobo and others, and still two months later this gut isn't coming close to going away. I train hard, I'm very good at sticking to my diet, it's just that I guess I don't design them very good to begin with. I take a look at my training partner and some other friends of mine and they eat pizza and fried foods and drink beer and all that ****. Here I am with my tuna and protein shakes and whatnot, and they look better. Sometimes it just gets very frustrating. I feel lost, and I feel like all the work I do goes to waste, but I just don't really know how. Like I can't figure out what I'm doing so wrong, I look like someone who's never exercised in their life. Sorry for the rambling, I'm in a 'feel sorry for yourself' mood.
  11. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alt+F4
    I take a look at my training partner and some other friends of mine and they eat pizza and fried foods and drink beer and all that ****. Here I am with my tuna and protein shakes and whatnot, and they look better. Sometimes it just gets very frustrating. I feel lost, and I feel like all the work I do goes to waste, but I just don't really know how. Like I can't figure out what I'm doing so wrong, I look like someone who's never exercised in their life. Sorry for the rambling, I'm in a 'feel sorry for yourself' mood.
    Do not get down on yourself. The fact of life is that some people just have better genetics and are capable of training and eating poorly and still make gains (unfortunately, I am not one of them).

You need to stay positive and dedicated.
  12. Board Supporter

My problem is that I feel like I don't know enough about my diet to make good decisions on a daily basis. Like all winter I felt like I was bulking right, until I started to realize that I was getting really fat. Then I got an overhaul from SC and bobo and others, and still two months later this gut isn't coming close to going away. I train hard, I'm very good at sticking to my diet, it's just that I guess I don't design them very good to begin with. I take a look at my training partner and some other friends of mine and they eat pizza and fried foods and drink beer and all that ****. Here I am with my tuna and protein shakes and whatnot, and they look better. Sometimes it just gets very frustrating. I feel lost, and I feel like all the work I do goes to waste, but I just don't really know how. Like I can't figure out what I'm doing so wrong, I look like someone who's never exercised in their life. Sorry for the rambling, I'm in a 'feel sorry for yourself' mood.
    In the end, you will prevail, I PROMISE! As your friends get older, they will see that they can't get away with what they used to, and they'll come begging you with questions. Keep working hard and ask questions in the Nutrition section. You will find that as you continue to tinker with your diet, you will learn more about how different things work with YOUR BODY.
  13. New Member

My only problem is beer.I've got it now to where I only drink twice a month,but on those two nights I get slammed.I know it's hurting my gains a little,but it's a trade off.
  14. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Like I can't figure out what I'm doing so wrong, I look like someone who's never exercised in their life. Sorry for the rambling, I'm in a 'feel sorry for yourself' mood.

THis is why you need to find what works for you. I understand it is VERY frustrating and I understand because it took me years to find out what I respond to the best. The problem is you see positive results will all methods then usually hit a wall. That doesn't mean you've failed, it just means you have to adjust and find what works for you at those conditions. Going from 18%-12% is easy, but going from 12%-6% is not and this is where most people fail. There is an answer though and you will find it. If you need my help you know where I am and I guarantee I will do everything I can to get you results. There are so many variables to take into account. It might be something as easy as fat intake, or one more cardio session, or in most cases, one less and adding some more calories. Yes I know it seems absurb but it happens and happens a lot. Don't worry though we will get you where you want to be.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DieTrying
    In the end, you will prevail, I PROMISE! As your friends get older, they will see that they can't get away with what they used to, and they'll come begging you with questions. Keep working hard and ask questions in the Nutrition section. You will find that as you continue to tinker with your diet, you will learn more about how different things work with YOUR BODY.
    Good advice.
  16. New Member

my problems are all of the above but the one that i HATE the most is my diet is the hardest damn thing to stick to, i have the body type that i can eat like a freakin pig and kill it in the gym and get really big and strong but when it i go to cut my arms shrink and i get smaller, i take core training more seriously then the next guy, so my abs are huge and in really good shape but, they have a 1 1/2 of protective coating over them, i would hate them to get cold, sum of a b....
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.

lack of workout partner/intensity.. its hard to get fired up sometimes.

Lack of results (immediate) is sometimes disenheartening, but then i think about how far ive come and i feel better
  18. Board Supporter

1. Diet

2. Dedication to diet

3. Switching it up in the gym. My idea of switching it up is to change the rep scheme and not the lifts. When I change the lifts I don't feel satisfied with the routine and go back to the old
  19. Pop-Lock champion of 84'

THis is why you need to find what works for you. I understand it is VERY frustrating and I understand because it took me years to find out what I respond to the best. The problem is you see positive results will all methods then usually hit a wall. That doesn't mean you've failed, it just means you have to adjust and find what works for you at those conditions. Going from 18%-12% is easy, but going from 12%-6% is not and this is where most people fail. There is an answer though and you will find it. If you need my help you know where I am and I guarantee I will do everything I can to get you results. There are so many variables to take into account. It might be something as easy as fat intake, or one more cardio session, or in most cases, one less and adding some more calories. Yes I know it seems absurb but it happens and happens a lot. Don't worry though we will get you where you want to be.

- This is the exact problem I face and it's driving me crazy - Get to the 12% then the fat loss stops and the muscle loss begins - My impatience I know is a huge problem and I start trying to change my diet up a little and add probably too much cardio (along with trying tri-max without PH's - but I upped protein to 350-400 a day) - lost at least 5-6lbs muscle - but still have stomach fat (taking NYC for the past 10 weeks too) - looked a lot leaner at 235 then my current 225 (Looks like majority muscle loss).
  20. Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by jweave23
    I can say that I've finally tweaked my diet to work for me and followed it, as well as training for the most part. Besides that:

1. lack of sleep (hard to "fix" unless I consider unemployment and quitting college)
    2. skipping cardio (would do it in the morning but this involves #1)

So basically time management for me. IMO the 2 biggest problems for most trainees are diet and time management (i.e. prioritizing according to need, etc.).

Same here ! Sleep is always a problem during the week. Usually getting 6-6.5, when I really feel I need 7-7.5 hrs.

I go through cycles where getting my cardio in is like pulling freaking teeth. With Nice weather here now, I am getting alot of outside biking in, but at least twice a year...........I go through a cardio burnout.

Not sure if I agree with time management being the problem. Some would argue it's about priorities and or dedication and commitment. Maybe time management is a crutch many of us use as an excuse. Hmmmmmmm. Just a thought.

-- Chi
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chi_town
    Not sure if I agree with time management being the problem. Some would argue it's about priorities and or dedication and commitment. Maybe time management is a crutch many of us use as an excuse. Hmmmmmmm. Just a thought.

-- Chi
    Could be, guess that depends on the person. Right now I work M-F 9-5 then have night classes M-Th 6 - 9, so I get home around 10. Makes attempting to fit it all in a challenge regardless of how I choose to approach it, which lately is with the utmost dedication to diet, considering I have to make time to eat
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

I am with jweave
    Motivation. Sometimes I look at how much weight I have gained and say f#$k!
    I need to lose, but sometimes it's not there-the motivation. I could use all the excuses in the world -work sixteen hr shifts, grad school, 1 1/2 hr commute to school and work, both ways and GF is a junkfood eater (shes 22yrs so it doesn't show.) But me... But if I want it bad enough I will do it!! I almost always get half way where I want to be then slack, a cheat meal here, a cheat day there, then a cheat week and then I am totally off my diet.I WILL GET INTO SHAPE THIS SUMMER. end of rant
  23. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!

My biggest problem is injuries, and trying to train through them. Or letting the body part rest until it feels fine, then going to the gym and beating the **** out of it and starting all over on trying to let it rest again. Also I NEVER do cardio . I just don't like it. I always think it's gonna rob my strength gains, and everytime I go to the gym with intentions to do cardio I rack my brain trying to find a muscle that's not sore, and end up working that.
  24. New Member

The evil pantry

1)
    I have 3 little girls and my wife has the pantry packed with Oreo's, Fig Nutons, Cereals and list goes on and on. I'm 38, so that **** sticks to me like glue. All you young college guys, trust me, get in the habit of eating well, because your metabolism will slow down. My willpower is fine on the weekdays, but the weekends it's tuff, I hear those crappy carbs calling my name behind that door. If she wouldn't buy it then I would be fine, but she just tells me to f*ch off, the stuff is for the kids.

2)
    Sleep, I get up at 0445 four days a week and do 50 minutes of fat burn on the elliptical machine (HR @ 127bpm). Then I work for 10hrs, I get in the gym 3 days week in for weight training in the afternoon. At night, by the time we get the kids down to sleep, and I review what’s on this board, it's 2300hrs.

3)
    Bobo hit the nail on the head, cutting the last 6% is like grades, you work your ass of for the 4.0 and then all it takes is one bad test and it's screwed. My last 6% is pure diet and I'm gonna need Bobo's help to get me there. Not sure what to do without losing too much LBM.

4)
    Injury, my life story, hmmm, let's see, 3 back operations, 1 elbow, 1 knee, and my tendons on my elbows are shot to hell. 20 years of MMA fighting takes it's toll. My back is the main problem, doing dogcrap's routine is out of the question, lifting very heavy is not option, so I hope Bobo's got a solution for gain LBM without going heavy.
  25. New Member

My biggest problem is getting to the gym when im not on any stims/pre workout boosters.

The most enjoyable part of my workouts is usually the drive to the gym, getting into "The Zone". When i drop some EC, or Ritalin, or whatever im using, i know that 30 mins later i better get in the car and start driving.

If im bulking and not using anything, then i know i can just say "I'll leave in 10 mins" and then 10 becomes 20 and soon i just put it off till the next day.

Once im in the gym i feel great, and have all the energy in the world, but its that whole getting to the parking lot and walking through those doors that i have the problem with.
  26. Board Sponsor

My main concern is drying out for competition.. I've tried carbbing up early, later, dropping water to 0 the day of, herbal assistance.. If I can get dry, my condition would be sick.. Did I mention how tiny my waist would look?
  27. New Member

putting fat on only in the belly region.. and wanting to cut because of it, but I'm very lean everywhere else
  28. Senior Member

Overtraining. Easy to fix.... but damn, i enjoy lifting too much. Dont follow me brothers
    Sage
  29. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    My main concern is drying out for competition.. I've tried carbbing up early, later, dropping water to 0 the day of, herbal assistance.. If I can get dry, my condition would be sick.. Did I mention how tiny my waist would look?
    Must be a bitch to have a waist that small.

You doing a local show Pete?
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

The title says it all! It can be anything: Overall Nutrition, lack of time, improper form, meathead syndrome (using to much weight), spending to much money (I've done that), etc......

I want to get an idea what people's biggest concerns are.
    My biggest prob is not knowing what I should know, you follow? in other words, I feel like sometimes I spend to much time researching topics that are pointless or following a workout schedule that isnt optimum for reaching my goals just because I didnt know any better. I am a smart bro and a quick study. just think I could progress exponentially if I could work with someone who has already been were I am. let me know when you put something together.
    hailz,
    Pestis
  31. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Will be starting Monday. I will post a thread this weekend explaining everything.
  32. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago
    Must be a bitch to have a waist that small.

You doing a local show Pete?
    I might, not sure.. If not, there's always the NH NPC in september..
  33. New Member

Diet:

I have trouble with what to eat and what time to eat (scheduling meals around my day)
  34. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I can solve that
  35. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike
    Diet:

I have trouble with what to eat and what time to eat (scheduling meals around my day)
    same here, for cutting and bulking.
  36. New Member

my major problem in lifting is my back and biceps, they have been at about the same strength for a year now, probably because im not squatting and deadlifting but still i should be gaining strength with these exercises:
    Lat Pulldowns ALL 3 to 4 sets
    Seated Rows
    DB Rows
  37. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Its probably the WAY your exercising. You need to train (different type of hypertrophy)according to your goals and have a nutrition plan than corresponds to that training.

If your looking to increase stregnht you need to work on ratios and exercise that increase neural stimulation rather than pure hypertrophy.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Such as???
  39. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Do I give everything away?!?!!?!?

There isn't one exercise, its the way you exercise. Like I siad before I need to know what is goals are. Does he want size AND strength or just strength. Strength based workouts require less time under stress and less calories. They generally are more explosive and less time is spent on the negative. This can be done with any exericse so anyone saying that one exercise makes you stronger is mistaken. It just usually that compound exercises force you to do the exerice in a ratio that is condusive to strenght gains rather than pure hypertrophy.
  40. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Man I'm getting tired of editing my posts. I really need to improve my typing.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is your biggest score?
    By Montego1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 03:02 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 10:50 AM
  3. What is your #1 flaw when it comes to this lifestyle?
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:33 AM
  5. What is your biggest pleasure?
    By Rhinoman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 03:14 PM