What is your biggest problem area when it comes to training?

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

  1. My diet is so fine tuned that people think I'm crazy...lol. I'd have to say my problem area is sleeping right. I normaly get 7-8 hrs but sometimes I get as little as 2 hrs. That is easy enough to fix though. I just have to get in bed....to sleep that is.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by size
    My 2 major problems:
    1. Training alone so pushing to limits can be difficult.
    2. Getting stuck in between wanting to gain more muscle/size and wanting to get leaner.
    That goes for me as well.
    •   
       


  3. number one on your list size is a big factor for me too. Especially since there is no hammer equipment at my gym......

  4. My problems occur on the 'ends' of my bulk/cuting programs. Towards the end of my bulking period I tend to slow down gains of LBM and add a higher lb portions of fat. When I'm at the end of my cutting period I lose LBM at an increased pace as I hit around 8% and cutting to lower percentages takes a heavier toll.

    I probably need a good diet 'tweak' as I hit these limits, but I tend to follow what got me to that point.

    I also will probably never get the proper levels of sleep as I tend to only run about 5-6 hours a night...but I consider it the less evil as opposed to diet and training issues.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Tahq

    I probably need a good diet 'tweak' as I hit these limits, but I tend to follow what got me to that point.

    .

    Thats probably your problem. You'd be amazed at what a small adjustment can do.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by size
    My 2 major problems:
    1. Training alone so pushing to limits can be difficult.
    2. Getting stuck in between wanting to gain more muscle/size and wanting to get leaner.
    This goes for me as well. My diet can kind of suck at times too, I have been having pretty good luck with ckd fo the past year, but right now I am tired of it and just trying to watch what I shove in the gullet. Protein/carb or Protein/fat never carb/fat. Hopefully I can keep the fat off that I lost. My sleep is the worst, I have a kollicy (sp?) 1 year old that is letting me get about 4 to 5 hours at night, I find that melatonin helps me get to sleep but its the staying asleep thats not happening.

    I have given up trying to train with other people, I tried a couple of weeks of dogg crapp with a coworker over the winter, they guy wanted to change the routine up every damn workout. Could never get into a groove with it.

    I really need professional clown lifting/diet/training help

  7. It'd be nice if one could clone oneself so you could always have a WO partner who's always on the same page.

  8. I would kill my training partner then. He's would be an *******.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I would kill my training partner then. He's would be an *******.
    LOL! I guess I would also. I can't stand myself.

  10. 1. Diet. I've got the bulking thing down, cutting OTOH...
    2. Rest/recovery. What can you do other than the best you can?
    3. Training partner. Back in the day I used to train with my brother, and that was about as good as it got. Just wish I hadn't wasted those days with a ****ty ass volume routine and subpar diet. But now he's in Southern California and I, am not.
    4. Strength gains. I'm honestly not satisfied in that regard, but I guess any gains are good gains.

    I too am looking forward to this Clown Posse.

  11. diet is my #1 weakness.

    i cant maintain good diet for bulking or cutting. i simply consume alot of carbs.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    It'd be nice if one could clone oneself so you could always have a WO partner who's always on the same page.
    I honestly think my Workout partner is the reason Ive grown so much in the last year and a half. We both push each other so freakin hard its unbelievable. We are constintly teaching each other new **** and improving our workouts greatly. He's a certified personal trainer and knows his **** but he is amazed at some of the stuff I tell him that I learn off this site. Im trying to get him to sign up here but he's also a teacher, head coach for his high school soccer team and assisint coach for his football team so he's just as straped for time as I am.

    It is a great thing to have someone as dedicated to something as you are if you two are working together at it. We have definitly become great friends.

    db

  13. You are lucky to have a training partner like that.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    This can be helped by adjusting your training schedule (depeding on goals of course) to allow for those weekend slip ups. Its basically designing a program based on hormonal responses so that those excess calories do the least amount of damage.
    Bump for more info on this...

  15. My diet is screwed up!
    I cant lose the last little bit of midsection for some reason.

    Its probably like three puonds i am trying to lose, but i get down so far and then my fatloss comes to a screeching halt. I get tired of getting smaller and start to get fat again?

    Same ol same ol.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by 200wannabe
    Bump for more info on this...
    I think he means, you can schedule your most intense sessions on the days you eat the most, make better use of the extra calories.

    Makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Billy the kid; 05-11-2004 at 10:06 AM.

  17. I'd definately say diet. I lose weight like its going out of style if I don't get at least 3000 cals a day, so if I get a little lazy with my diet for a couple days here and there all my hard work to gain those pounds goes out the window. Unfortunately, I have my fair share of those lazy days with my diet

  18. Quote Originally Posted by 200wannabe
    Bump for more info on this...
    Different types of training induce different type of stimuli and if you time it right you can bascially eliminate the damage a day of splurging can cause and actually make use of those calories WHILE still burning fat. Now this doesn't mean you can go eat 3 pizzas and get away with it. You still have to have some discipline but your options of what to eat increase drastically.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  19. Diet and training alone.

    I'm single so I have to make all my food. I tend to drift to the quick and lazy foods. Pasta is so quick and easy to make and I can freeze a lot of it. But, it's pasta. ...and Chipotle is Chipotle.

    I train alone so I have to limit myself sometimes. This can be a draw back. I'm sure there are training principles that maximize the lone workout method, but I haven't really found them yet.

  20. My problem is that I feel like I don't know enough about my diet to make good decisions on a daily basis. Like all winter I felt like I was bulking right, until I started to realize that I was getting really fat. Then I got an overhaul from SC and bobo and others, and still two months later this gut isn't coming close to going away. I train hard, I'm very good at sticking to my diet, it's just that I guess I don't design them very good to begin with. I take a look at my training partner and some other friends of mine and they eat pizza and fried foods and drink beer and all that ****. Here I am with my tuna and protein shakes and whatnot, and they look better. Sometimes it just gets very frustrating. I feel lost, and I feel like all the work I do goes to waste, but I just don't really know how. Like I can't figure out what I'm doing so wrong, I look like someone who's never exercised in their life. Sorry for the rambling, I'm in a 'feel sorry for yourself' mood.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Alt+F4
    I take a look at my training partner and some other friends of mine and they eat pizza and fried foods and drink beer and all that ****. Here I am with my tuna and protein shakes and whatnot, and they look better. Sometimes it just gets very frustrating. I feel lost, and I feel like all the work I do goes to waste, but I just don't really know how. Like I can't figure out what I'm doing so wrong, I look like someone who's never exercised in their life. Sorry for the rambling, I'm in a 'feel sorry for yourself' mood.
    Do not get down on yourself. The fact of life is that some people just have better genetics and are capable of training and eating poorly and still make gains (unfortunately, I am not one of them).

    You need to stay positive and dedicated.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Alt+F4
    My problem is that I feel like I don't know enough about my diet to make good decisions on a daily basis. Like all winter I felt like I was bulking right, until I started to realize that I was getting really fat. Then I got an overhaul from SC and bobo and others, and still two months later this gut isn't coming close to going away. I train hard, I'm very good at sticking to my diet, it's just that I guess I don't design them very good to begin with. I take a look at my training partner and some other friends of mine and they eat pizza and fried foods and drink beer and all that ****. Here I am with my tuna and protein shakes and whatnot, and they look better. Sometimes it just gets very frustrating. I feel lost, and I feel like all the work I do goes to waste, but I just don't really know how. Like I can't figure out what I'm doing so wrong, I look like someone who's never exercised in their life. Sorry for the rambling, I'm in a 'feel sorry for yourself' mood.
    In the end, you will prevail, I PROMISE! As your friends get older, they will see that they can't get away with what they used to, and they'll come begging you with questions. Keep working hard and ask questions in the Nutrition section. You will find that as you continue to tinker with your diet, you will learn more about how different things work with YOUR BODY.

  23. My only problem is beer.I've got it now to where I only drink twice a month,but on those two nights I get slammed.I know it's hurting my gains a little,but it's a trade off.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Alt+F4
    Like I can't figure out what I'm doing so wrong, I look like someone who's never exercised in their life. Sorry for the rambling, I'm in a 'feel sorry for yourself' mood.

    THis is why you need to find what works for you. I understand it is VERY frustrating and I understand because it took me years to find out what I respond to the best. The problem is you see positive results will all methods then usually hit a wall. That doesn't mean you've failed, it just means you have to adjust and find what works for you at those conditions. Going from 18%-12% is easy, but going from 12%-6% is not and this is where most people fail. There is an answer though and you will find it. If you need my help you know where I am and I guarantee I will do everything I can to get you results. There are so many variables to take into account. It might be something as easy as fat intake, or one more cardio session, or in most cases, one less and adding some more calories. Yes I know it seems absurb but it happens and happens a lot. Don't worry though we will get you where you want to be.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by DieTrying
    In the end, you will prevail, I PROMISE! As your friends get older, they will see that they can't get away with what they used to, and they'll come begging you with questions. Keep working hard and ask questions in the Nutrition section. You will find that as you continue to tinker with your diet, you will learn more about how different things work with YOUR BODY.
    Good advice.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  26. my problems are all of the above but the one that i HATE the most is my diet is the hardest damn thing to stick to, i have the body type that i can eat like a freakin pig and kill it in the gym and get really big and strong but when it i go to cut my arms shrink and i get smaller, i take core training more seriously then the next guy, so my abs are huge and in really good shape but, they have a 1 1/2 of protective coating over them, i would hate them to get cold, sum of a b....

  27. lack of workout partner/intensity.. its hard to get fired up sometimes.

    Lack of results (immediate) is sometimes disenheartening, but then i think about how far ive come and i feel better

  28. 1. Diet

    2. Dedication to diet

    3. Switching it up in the gym. My idea of switching it up is to change the rep scheme and not the lifts. When I change the lifts I don't feel satisfied with the routine and go back to the old

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    THis is why you need to find what works for you. I understand it is VERY frustrating and I understand because it took me years to find out what I respond to the best. The problem is you see positive results will all methods then usually hit a wall. That doesn't mean you've failed, it just means you have to adjust and find what works for you at those conditions. Going from 18%-12% is easy, but going from 12%-6% is not and this is where most people fail. There is an answer though and you will find it. If you need my help you know where I am and I guarantee I will do everything I can to get you results. There are so many variables to take into account. It might be something as easy as fat intake, or one more cardio session, or in most cases, one less and adding some more calories. Yes I know it seems absurb but it happens and happens a lot. Don't worry though we will get you where you want to be.

    - This is the exact problem I face and it's driving me crazy - Get to the 12% then the fat loss stops and the muscle loss begins - My impatience I know is a huge problem and I start trying to change my diet up a little and add probably too much cardio (along with trying tri-max without PH's - but I upped protein to 350-400 a day) - lost at least 5-6lbs muscle - but still have stomach fat (taking NYC for the past 10 weeks too) - looked a lot leaner at 235 then my current 225 (Looks like majority muscle loss).

  30. Quote Originally Posted by jweave23
    I can say that I've finally tweaked my diet to work for me and followed it, as well as training for the most part. Besides that:

    1. lack of sleep (hard to "fix" unless I consider unemployment and quitting college)
    2. skipping cardio (would do it in the morning but this involves #1)

    So basically time management for me. IMO the 2 biggest problems for most trainees are diet and time management (i.e. prioritizing according to need, etc.).

    Same here ! Sleep is always a problem during the week. Usually getting 6-6.5, when I really feel I need 7-7.5 hrs.

    I go through cycles where getting my cardio in is like pulling freaking teeth. With Nice weather here now, I am getting alot of outside biking in, but at least twice a year...........I go through a cardio burnout.

    Not sure if I agree with time management being the problem. Some would argue it's about priorities and or dedication and commitment. Maybe time management is a crutch many of us use as an excuse. Hmmmmmmm. Just a thought.


    -- Chi
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What is your biggest score?
    By Montego1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 03:02 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 10:50 AM
  3. What is your #1 flaw when it comes to this lifestyle?
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:33 AM
  5. What is your biggest pleasure?
    By Rhinoman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Log in
Log in