Anabolic Pump I love you....

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

I tried AP way back when it came out. I thought it was so/so. After reading the AP manual, looking at some info on the board, and remembering to take with LOTS of water, I ordered myself 4 bottles on sale.

I just took my first dose several hours ago. I'm Reactive-I so I waited 30 min before eating my breakfast of Oats, Berries, Whey, Banana, and Milk/OJ. 15 min - 30 minutes after dosing I actually felt I had MORE ENERGY, but then started to feel a bit hypo so I took my shake. I'm feeling quite good still 4+ hours later, no GI issues to report. I do use digestive enzymes and GutHealth as staples though.

I think this version with the extra 250mgs of actives (750mgs VS 500mgs) is working much better for me than the original. I had to take 2 of the original to get any symptoms of going hypo. I'm excited to keep going through all 4 bottles if I keep getting good results. I'm going to watch the mirror and clean up my diet more to make sure I get the most out of it. I'm initially much more impressed with this version.

I'm intrigued as to why I felt more energy, especially mental energy after dosing. I usually have a permanent brain fog that lasts until lunch time most days. I'l post an update later on wether these effects continue as well as any recomp effects.

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.13%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by saludable24 View Post
    I tried AP way back when it came out. I thought it was so/so. After reading the AP manual, looking at some info on the board, and remembering to take with LOTS of water, I ordered myself 4 bottles on sale.

I just took my first dose several hours ago. I'm Reactive-I so I waited 30 min before eating my breakfast of Oats, Berries, Whey, Banana, and Milk/OJ. 15 min - 30 minutes after dosing I actually felt I had MORE ENERGY, but then started to feel a bit hypo so I took my shake. I'm feeling quite good still 4+ hours later, no GI issues to report. I do use digestive enzymes and GutHealth as staples though.

I think this version with the extra 250mgs of actives (750mgs VS 500mgs) is working much better for me than the original. I had to take 2 of the original to get any symptoms of going hypo. I'm excited to keep going through all 4 bottles if I keep getting good results. I'm going to watch the mirror and clean up my diet more to make sure I get the most out of it. I'm initially much more impressed with this version.

I'm intrigued as to why I felt more energy, especially mental energy after dosing. I usually have a permanent brain fog that lasts until lunch time most days. I'l post an update later on wether these effects continue as well as any recomp effects.
    Great initiative on reading the manual and info in order to customize a dosing scheme!

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jackeddrummer View Post
    i have two opened bottles of ap both half full or more. tryin to get them off my hands..
    Throw them up in the Supplement Auction portion of the site, i am sure you could get them off pretty easily...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.33%

Ok so going hypo is a good thing?
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.65%

Quote Originally Posted by xfiles View Post
    Ok so going hypo is a good thing?
    No; you do not want to go hypo. If you go hypo, you will want to consume more carbohydrates to maintain homeostasis.
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

Quote Originally Posted by dexterium View Post
    No; you do not want to go hypo. If you go hypo, you will want to consume more carbohydrates to maintain homeostasis.
    Exactly. You don't want to get Hypo. I just used it as a reference comparing feelings from old batch and new. I could take 1 of the original 500mg APs and not get hypo even if I didn't eat period. I would get symptoms of going hypo after not eating for 30 min only when taking 2 pills of the old. This time with the new batch of 750mg I began to feel hypo at 30 min after only 1 pill.

Again, going Hypo was just a reference point for me to judge the effectivess of AP.

Reference the AP manual for dosing sugguestions and expectations. Per the manual I waited for the 30-45 minute window after dosing to take my shake instead of the normal 15 minutes because of my body's reaction to, or processing of carbohydrates. Once I started to feel a little hypo right at 30 min I started downing my shake.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

Quote Originally Posted by saludable24 View Post
    Exactly. You don't want to get Hypo. I just used it as a reference comparing feelings from old batch and new. I could take 1 of the original 500mg APs and not get hypo even if I didn't eat period. I would get symptoms of going hypo after not eating for 30 min only when taking 2 pills of the old. This time with the new batch of 750mg I began to feel hypo at 30 min after only 1 pill.

Again, going Hypo was just a reference point for me to judge the effectivess of AP.

Reference the AP manual for dosing sugguestions and expectations. Per the manual I waited for the 30-45 minute window after dosing to take my shake instead of the normal 15 minutes because of my body's reaction to, or processing of carbohydrates. Once I started to feel a little hypo right at 30 min I started downing my shake.
    Very good post...
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.33%

Sounds like to much work. Plus I don't want to mess with my insulin anyway. I think I'm going to pass. Thanks guys...
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.13%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Sounds like to much work. Plus I don't want to mess with my insulin anyway. I think I'm going to pass. Thanks guys...
    Well, I understand and appreciate your concern, but the little work involved with maximizing AP's potential is a small price to pay for literally altering the way your body uses energy. In fact, Anabolic Pump works independently of Insulin via energy modulating mechanisms; it changes the way your body uses fuel for the better. In terms of effect on Insulin, it will lead to an aggregate decrease in Serum Insulin which is a good, healthy thing occurrence.

Keep in mind that all goals require the necessary work to achieve them. Despite our culture of instant gratification, all things worth possessing are products of passion and dedication; the work involved with Anabolic Pump is merely a small part of the larger passion for fitness as a whole. Spending a small portion of your day intuitively dosing a product vs., completely altering the manner in which your body uses energy seems like a simple comparison to make.
  10. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Well, I understand and appreciate your concern, but the little work involved with maximizing AP's potential is a small price to pay for literally altering the way your body uses energy. In fact, Anabolic Pump works independently of Insulin via energy modulating mechanisms; it changes the way your body uses fuel for the better. In terms of effect on Insulin, it will lead to an aggregate decrease in Serum Insulin which is a good, healthy thing occurrence.

Keep in mind that all goals require the necessary work to achieve them. Despite our culture of instant gratification, all things worth possessing are products of passion and dedication; the work involved with Anabolic Pump is merely a small part of the larger passion for fitness as a whole. Spending a small portion of your day intuitively dosing a product vs., completely altering the manner in which your body uses energy seems like a simple comparison to make.
    Simple? Yes, Until you find out it gives you diabetes in 5 years....
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.13%

Actually, Diabetes is a disease characterized by inefficient energy metabolism. Considering Anabolic Pump's MOA's do not work through negative feedback, and push your body in the opposite direction, that is highly unlikely.
  12. Guest

IF you actually took time to educate yourself instead quessing on how the supplement works, but in your case, I suggest sticking to good old food.
  13. Guest

Do you pick answers out of hat?
  14. Guest

Actually, Diabetes is a disease characterized by inefficient energy metabolism. Considering Anabolic Pump's MOA's do not work through negative feedback, and push your body in the opposite direction, that is highly unlikely.

Remember those eight ball fortune teller toys that you shake and it reveals the future after you ask it a question.

His name is xfiles so not a huge stretch.
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by xfiles;
    The notion or suggestion that Anabolic Pump may provoke diabetes is far-fetched. It works independently of insulin levels. As you are aware, diabetes, especially Type I, is an autoimmune disease. Autoimmune disorders are generally triggered by malfunction of deep cellular processes, programming the body to basically attack itself! In the case of Insulin Dependent Diabetes Milletus, Juvenile Onset Diabetic Milletus, or Type I diabetes, the body erroneously regards the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans (the insulin producing tissue) situated in the pancreas as foreign entities and attacks them. The result is an inability of the body to metabolize carbohydrates due to insulin deficiency. Type II diabetes, on the other hand, results from a deep malfunction in metabolic processes at the cellular level, leading to a loss in insulin sensitivity.
    While all this is well-known, it is important for an understanding of the role of Anabolic Pump in glucose metabolism and insulin synthesis. Anabolic Pump leads to improved cellular insulin sensitivity! How? It has been established that insulin receptors are resilient. This means that during times of low serum/blood insulin levels, the insulin receptors adjust to up-regulate insulin sensitivity, leading to better blood sugar management with a low percentage of the insulin that would otherwise have been needed. This means that, by optimizing glucose uptake in skeletal muscle cells (but not in adipose tissue), completely independent of insulin, Anabolic Pump ensures lower insulin secretion is required than is usually the case, leading to enhanced cellular insulin sensitivity. So, without going into further details, Anabolic Pump is extremely unlikely to create any dysfunction in insulin metabolism.
    Last edited by strategicmove; 08-03-2008 at 07:31 PM.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    The notion or suggestion that Anabolic Pump may provoke diabetes is far-fetched. It works independently of insulin levels. As you are aware, diabetes, especially Type I, is an autoimmune disease. Autoimmune disorders are generally triggered by malfunction of deep cellular processes, programming the body to basically attack itself! In the case of Insulin Dependent Diabetes Milletus, Juvenile Onset Diabetic Milletus, or Type I diabetes, the body erroneously regards the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans (the insulin producing tissue) situated in the pancreas as foreign entities and attacks them. The result is an inability of the body to metabolize carbohydrates due to insulin deficiency. Type II diabetes, on the other hand, results from a deep malfunction in metabolic processes at the cellular level, leading to a loss in insulin sensitivity.
    While all this is well-known, it is important for an understanding of the role of Anabolic Pump in glucose metabolism and insulin synthesis. Anabolic Pump leads to improved cellular insulin sensitivity! How? It has been established that insulin receptors are resilient. This means that during times of low serum/blood insulin levels, the insulin receptors adjust to up-regulate insulin sensitivity, leading to better blood sugar management with a low percentage of the insulin that would otherwise have been needed. This means that, by optimizing glucose uptake in skeletal muscle cells (but not in adipose tissue), completely independent of insulin, lower insulin secretion is required than is usually the case, leading to enhanced cellular insulin sensitivity. Without going into further details, Anabolic Pump is extremely unlikely to create any dysfunction in insulin metabolism.
    Very important concepts to understand.
    Great post.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

wow 4 pages long, you would think AP is good stuff or something
  18. Guest

While all this is well-known, it is important for an understanding of the role of Anabolic Pump in glucose metabolism and insulin synthesis. Anabolic Pump leads to improved cellular insulin sensitivity! How? It has been established that insulin receptors are resilient. This means that during times of low serum/blood insulin levels, the insulin receptors adjust to up-regulate insulin sensitivity, leading to better blood sugar management with a low percentage of the insulin that would otherwise have been needed. This means that, by optimizing glucose uptake in skeletal muscle cells (but not in adipose tissue), completely independent of insulin, lower insulin secretion is required than is usually the case, leading to enhanced cellular insulin sensitivity. Without going into further details, Anabolic Pump is extremely unlikely to create any dysfunction in insulin metabolism.
    As bodybuilders who often EAT alot and not always so healthy. The constant excretion of Insulin can become inflammatory(inflamation leads to a host of bad events within the body like Disease and aging).

In 5 years, AP will keep you healthier and possibly younger.
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs;
    .... The constant excretion of Insulin can become inflammatory(inflamation leads to a host of bad events within the body like Disease and aging).....
    Exactly. It has been established that swings in blood sugar levels (say from hypoglycemia to hyperglycemia) within a short period of time can be fatal. In particular, hyperinsulemia ensures that even tissues that do not require insulin end up getting it. This can lead to kidney damage, ocular vessel damage, cardiovascular malfunction, compromising of nitric-oxide function (leading to vasoconstriction and platelet damage), and so on. It is easy to see how insulin insensitivity can be lethal.
  20. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.33%

Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Remember those eight ball fortune teller toys that you shake and it reveals the future after you ask it a question.

His name is xfiles so not a huge stretch.
    Relax you ****ing dickhead, You responded 3 times and your a boot licking board rep. It was a generalization. I,m not saying it causes diabetes specifically but It could have unwanted?unknown/hidden side effects. I've been using supplements damn near 20 years you ****. In my experience the better something works the more harmful it is most times. No matter what the suck pump company boy salesman like you say. What do you think everything in the supplement business is rosy, everything works as promised and nothing bad ever happened to anyone? I'm not one of your teenage fan base that believes your endless lines of bull**** so the next time you have something to say to me don't. Otherwise I'll hunt you down and kill you....

Dickhead,
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.2%

Quote Originally Posted by xfiles;
    Relax you ****ing dickhead, You responded 3 times and your a boot licking board rep. It was a generalization. I,m not saying it causes diabetes specifically but It could have unwanted?unknown/hidden side effects. I've been using supplements damn near 20 years you ****. In my experience the better something works the more harmful it is most times. No matter what the suck pump company boy salesman like you say. What do you think everything in the supplement business is rosy, everything works as promised and nothing bad ever happened to anyone? I'm not one of your teenage fan base that believes your endless lines of bull**** so the next time you have something to say to me don't. Otherwise I'll hunt you down and kill you....

Dickhead,
    That is very strong language, Sir! Name-calling of this type is not condoned here. Concentrate on facts, or relax. Such comments are completely out of place. As it turns out, your target happens to own USPLabs, and is not any board rep. Even if he were, you should not address anyone as you did. Not to mention dropping threats to kill someone! Outrageous!
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.88%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Dickhead,

Hope you enjoy'd your stay.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Someone please take out the trash! Nonsense like that is definately not needed around here.
  24. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Ya that was very very very uncalled for.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  25. Guest

Dickhead,
    Response below is when you log in under another name.

20 years, no come on, really...hope not and if so, wisdom passed you by, and you followed the road of generalities. You should take a class in clarification.

1. You had no idea the supplement worked independent of insulin. Insulin is not involved in the equation.
    2. You responded with the loony diabetic comment.

I will have to say my younger consumer base is far more intelligent supplement wise.

You may be a great mechanic (Or snipper), but your supplement knowledge is infant.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.74%
    Achievements Posting Pro

wow
  27. Guest

. Not to mention dropping threats to kill someone! Outrageous!
    Man that would be a sad day...no more AP for anyone.
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Man that would be a sad day...no more AP for anyone.
    Do not speak the unspeakable!
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.88%

Wow, that was an intense read! Back to Prime now?
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%

I would venture to say that if xfiles caused no more AP for anyone, there may even be a few threats on his own life. LoL

Disclaimer: I am not in any way, shape, or form threatening the well being of our dear friend xfiles....yet.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.27%

lol....anyway..... how does anabolic pump line up against vanadyl sulfate? i know VS mimics insulin and AP has no relation to insulin but im just looking for more clarification/specifics as to how the compare and contrast
  32. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.65%

Quote Originally Posted by jman3967 View Post
    lol....anyway..... how does anabolic pump line up against vanadyl sulfate? i know VS mimics insulin and AP has no relation to insulin but im just looking for more clarification/specifics as to how the compare and contrast
    Anabolic Pump increases GLUT4 in muscles and suppresses GLUT4 in fat cells. Therefore, you can gain muscle and lose fat with Anabolic Pump. They are very different from one another but Anabolic Pump is obviously much better than vanadyl sulfate. Vanadyl sulfate has also shown to be dangerous.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.36%

Response below is when you log in under another name.

20 years, no come on, really...hope not and if so, wisdom passed you by, and you followed the road of generalities. You should take a class in clarification.

1. You had no idea the supplement worked independent of insulin. Insulin is not involved in the equation.
    2. You responded with the loony diabetic comment.

I will have to say my younger consumer base is far more intelligent supplement wise.

You may be a great mechanic (Or snipper), but your supplement knowledge is infant.
    I think that you just put him in his place
    wow man, that guy... yeah, how stupid.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.15%

...I'm not one of your teenage fan base that believes your endless lines of bull****...
    Well, this is directly aimed at my demographic, and I'd have to say AP isn't "an endless line of bull**** at all". It's kept me leaner than ever before even while on a clean bulk, with way more peanut butter and calories I'd consumed before getting AP. I'd wager a drop of 1%-2% bodyfat, with some strength increases. This upside is not solely contributed by AP, but with a conjunction of AP, Drive, and ALCAR.

In addition, the post was just hilarious. It all of the sudden escalated to hunting down and killing a rep for defending his product.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.27%

Quote Originally Posted by dexterium View Post
    Anabolic Pump increases GLUT4 in muscles and suppresses GLUT4 in fat cells. Therefore, you can gain muscle and lose fat with Anabolic Pump. They are very different from one another but Anabolic Pump is obviously much better than vanadyl sulfate. Vanadyl sulfate has also shown to be dangerous.
    ya i agree with you, ap is one of the best supplements ive used. i guess my main question though is how VS actually works, theres not a lot of recent articles on it. i know it can be toxic at above something like 50mg or so a day for several weeks but could it be useful to stack with a reduced dose of AP and take VS with your pw meal? im in college which means im back on a budget so im tryin to balance cost with effectiveness.

...sorry i know how much fun you must be having rippin on xfiles lol
  36. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.2%

Quote Originally Posted by jman3967 View Post
    ya i agree with you, ap is one of the best supplements ive used. i guess my main question though is how VS actually works, theres not a lot of recent articles on it. i know it can be toxic at above something like 50mg or so a day for several weeks but could it be useful to stack with a reduced dose of AP and take VS with your pw meal? im in college which means im back on a budget so im tryin to balance cost with effectiveness...
    As you already stated, vanadyl sulfate (VS) is an insulin mimic (improves or mimics the action of insulin). VS is more precisely, a significantly more biologically available form of vanadium that improves tissue insulin sensitivity, and has been used for treating non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM). Yet, vanadium and vanadyl sulfate should be used with care, to avoid toxicity issues. As far as I recall, there is no consensus on the exact non-toxic dosage. A range of 20mg - 100mg of vanadyl sulfate daily has been suggested by some, while others have suggested 7.5mg vanadyl sulfate (= 1.5mg vanadium) every other day!, to reflect equivalent toxicity levels in animal studies. So, if you wish to try vanadyl sulfate, one could suggest 7.5mg (= 1.5mg vanadium) on days you do not take Anabolic Pump. I frankly would be wary of combining VS and AP simultaneously.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%

before using anabolic pump i played around with carb cycling and had great results...now i get anywhere from 400 to 450 carbs a day and still staying lean and vascular...i LOVE this product..it's a product that i was VERY skeptical about....but until you try it will you not understand what this will do for you.
  38. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.13%

Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheBox View Post
    ....but until you try it will you not understand what this will do for you.
    I hate 'pushing' product, but that statement is as accurate as they come, IMHO.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.5%

slin trol I have fond to be just as effective and is 11 bucks.
  40. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%

I hate 'pushing' product, but that statement is as accurate as they come, IMHO.

...if I may add requires a little patience and some experimentation to get optimal results.

Similar Forum Threads

1. LOVE the Anabolic Diet
    By lozgod in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 11:36 PM
  2. What I Love The Most About Anabolic Minds
    By CopyCat in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 12:55 AM
  3. LOVE X-Factor's pump! But..........
    By Whacked in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 06:05 PM
  4. Getting off anabolic diet - with anabolic pump's help
    By dertynasty in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 06:15 PM
  5. Anabolic Armageddon Stack (1 DCP + 1 Anabolic Pump)
    By thetuna in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 05:39 PM