Best supplements for social anxiety?

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Prescription drugs can be good (ativan, etc), but the funny thing is that I haven't had any work better for anxiety than Stablon (tianeptine - a drug only available in europe) has worked for me. An activating anxiolytic..something that not only cuts out anxiety, but works as a nootropic, brightens your mood, and activates you without stimulating or causing agitation or lethargy. In fact, after the first couple weeks, i've had no negative sides from it at all.
    Good ole Euro pharms! How've you been Gutterpump?
    Freedom means nothing here.


  2. Hey, not bad! Started a new job here in nyc and getting back on track with things...been outta the loop and on the down-low for most of the summer!

    i just joined a new gym here, Equinox, it's pretty damn nice and motivating me to get back on track with the routine again..
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Hey, not bad! Started a new job here in nyc and getting back on track with things...been outta the loop and on the down-low for most of the summer!

    i just joined a new gym here, Equinox, it's pretty damn nice and motivating me to get back on track with the routine again..
    Good deal Gutterpump! Equinox is very 'prestigious' Nice gym to be at though I bet.

    I'm back on the East Coast in Jersey. Working at a gym, but nothing like Equinox! haha!
    Freedom means nothing here.

  4. Yeah definately...I gave in since it's in the gf's neighbourhood (and she's a member now) and also right at Union Square, where I transfer trains to get to work..so it's definitely convenient..not to mention there's no lines for equipment! The place is never packed with people. Worth the extra money$ to me.

    How's Jersey treating you? I'm consulting for my company over in jersey city at exchange place atm.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Yeah definately...I gave in since it's in the gf's neighbourhood (and she's a member now) and also right at Union Square, where I transfer trains to get to work..so it's definitely convenient..not to mention there's no lines for equipment! The place is never packed with people. Worth the extra money$ to me.

    How's Jersey treating you? I'm consulting for my company over in jersey city at exchange place atm.
    Jersey's treating me good so far! I have a decent job with growing clientel for personal training, I'm in very good physical shape again, I'm squared away with debt and the IRS, and I have a nice girlfriend.

    My body is tired and lately I am scrounging the bottom of the barrel for workout motivation.
    Freedom means nothing here.
    •   
       


  6. Ah well that's good to hear things are going well..it sounds like you're definitely in a better environment now too.

    This new job is draining me so I'm finding it hard to keep to a normal routine too. I'm just piecing together a new diet and routine / schedule though. Going to try a CKD + DC training for the first time...but I want to plan it out perfectly before starting so I don't get off track again...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Ah well that's good to hear things are going well..it sounds like you're definitely in a better environment now too.

    This new job is draining me so I'm finding it hard to keep to a normal routine too. I'm just piecing together a new diet and routine / schedule though. Going to try a CKD + DC training for the first time...but I want to plan it out perfectly before starting so I don't get off track again...
    Nice! I wish you the best with that combo! DC is tough and I could not follow a CKD anymore... lol. I don't know man, Godspeed!
    Freedom means nothing here.

  8. Thansk I might need it lol..I think a TKD might be easier. It's when I previously tried to transition from a TKD to a CKD when I failed at both. I was holding the TKD pretty well though for a while lol.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by johnegq22 View Post
    GHB did help, back in the day, but then everyone started taking it at clubs and stuff and having seizures. Sucks.
    That's with abuse or regular use? What were the sides with regular use of ghb?
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    That's with abuse or regular use? What were the sides with regular use of ghb?
    If you need answers about this compound, I can guarantee that no one has as much experience with this stuff as I. It's illegal and the experiments were done on rats though.

    GHB is a VERY mistreated compound. On paper AND in research, it's too good to be true. In this case, LITERALLY, too much of this good thing is NOT good. Taken by itself, with no other contradicting substances, a healthy person/subject would have a very hard time dying from an overdose of this compound. Many who wake up in the ER are ones that took too much and didn't tell the people he/she was with that he/she took 'g'.

    All of the cases of death or harm that involved 'g' also involved other compounds. A couple of the cases involved individuals with undiagnosed epilepsy.
    Freedom means nothing here.

  11. How well does the rescue remedy work? How about the Kava Kava. It's a shame because people with SAD and shyness have difficult times creating and maintaing inter personal relationships with people. It is difficult for them to just go out and have fun. Oh and if they are around someone who has a strong outgoing personality......ouch.....That just closes our walls in even more. It has been a hurdle for a long time for me and I keep seeking answers. Maybe with both of our brains we just might find the solution we can use.......



    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I do truly believe that something is wrong with us that prevents or inhibits us from being ourselves. That is what I feel all the time.. like i'm being held back.. like I can't be who I am inside. My mind won't allow me.

    Part of it also truly is about not caring.. Like changing the way your mind works. Force of Green was talking about hitting rock bottom and in that situation it forces you to change. I understand what he means.. because I've hit some hard bottoms myself and every time it changed the way I thought and helped me grow mentally but it never truly "fixed" me.. Those moments of getting up from nothing only made me better. Also it's hard to not care about only one thing and care about other things. Balancing what you care about is difficult and only time and experience can change that. It's like old people .. they don't care what anyone thinks of them.. they are too old to care.. Our SA will probably not be as bad when we are in our 70's.. haha..

    What is strange is anything that causing sedation or relaxation makes me more social.. Probably why ambien does that to you. I have never taken ambien but I don't want to either. I have been taking things to sleep for years. 5-htp, melatonin, gaba, zma, valerian, ect..

    By far the best fix for social anxiety was alcohol back in the day.. Of course that lead to abuse though. I haven't touched a drink in a year.. so it's been a hard year trying to be social without any help. But I'm not going to use that crutch anymore.

    have not heard of oxytocin.. however I get this homeopathic spray called rescue remedy that does help with stress and anxiety..

    poor sleep almost guarantees anxiety.. It is very important to get proper sleep..

  12. All this eventually give you a bad attitude and you really just stop caring about things or people.....its a sucky trap

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    If you need answers about this compound, I can guarantee that no one has as much experience with this stuff as I. It's illegal and the experiments were done on rats though.

    GHB is a VERY mistreated compound. On paper AND in research, it's too good to be true. In this case, LITERALLY, too much of this good thing is NOT good. Taken by itself, with no other contradicting substances, a healthy person/subject would have a very hard time dying from an overdose of this compound. Many who wake up in the ER are ones that took too much and didn't tell the people he/she was with that he/she took 'g'.

    All of the cases of death or harm that involved 'g' also involved other compounds. A couple of the cases involved individuals with undiagnosed epilepsy.
    I think I could give you a run for your money on that one... If it wasnt for g I would not have graduated College, my anxiety was that bad... cant lie and say it wasnt fun but anyway

  14. Quote Originally Posted by GetTechBsc View Post
    How well does the rescue remedy work? How about the Kava Kava. It's a shame because people with SAD and shyness have difficult times creating and maintaing inter personal relationships with people. It is difficult for them to just go out and have fun. Oh and if they are around someone who has a strong outgoing personality......ouch.....That just closes our walls in even more. It has been a hurdle for a long time for me and I keep seeking answers. Maybe with both of our brains we just might find the solution we can use.......
    Careful with abbreviations in psych disorders. SAD is also Seasonal Affective Disorder
    Freedom means nothing here.

  15. People with anxiety disorders should also get a hormone profile checked out...low test or high estrogen can cause it. I'm doing TRT now, but whenever I did a light cycle before, any and all anxiety disappeared.

    Adrenals can also be a big factor. Pregnenalone + dhea along with some phosphatidylserine can help a lot.

  16. I have social anxiety and have never dealt with it. I have a new job that will require some public speaking which freaks me out and causes lots of sweating . I need to address it and I'm not sure where to begin. Should I see my general practitioner first? Psychiatrist?

  17. You could talk to your GP. You don't want anything for anxiety that will affect your ability to speak with a sharp mind. You can also get anti-sweating pills that work temporarily and can help with times like those. I can't remember when they're called, someone I knew took them before and said they worked well.

  18. Thanks. I have taken Drysol to try to minimize sweating in my hands and feet but it didn't really help. The worst for me is I sweat a lot on my upper lip, forehead, scalp when I am nervous. Very visible to anyone which just compounds the anxiety.

  19. I have general anxiety... taking extra mangesium has helped me a lot. It calms the nervous system without being over-sedating. They say most people are deficient, especially athletes.

    The brand I like best is a powder called "Magnesium Calm"... works quick and tastes great too. For capsules, mag taurate is best... easier on the stomach. Just don't take too much or you'll be spending a lot of time in the bathroom

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    People with anxiety disorders should also get a hormone profile checked out...low test or high estrogen can cause it. I'm doing TRT now, but whenever I did a light cycle before, any and all anxiety disappeared.

    Adrenals can also be a big factor. Pregnenalone + dhea along with some phosphatidylserine can help a lot.
    I agree partly but you have to be careful what you take. Only take things if you KNOW they are out of whack. For example Pregnenolone is a big part of adrenal health and the mother of all hormones but taking pregnenolone supplementation causes inhibition of GABA and low gaba = anxiety!!!
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

  21. Quote Originally Posted by GetTechBsc View Post
    How well does the rescue remedy work? How about the Kava Kava. It's a shame because people with SAD and shyness have difficult times creating and maintaing inter personal relationships with people. It is difficult for them to just go out and have fun. Oh and if they are around someone who has a strong outgoing personality......ouch.....That just closes our walls in even more. It has been a hurdle for a long time for me and I keep seeking answers. Maybe with both of our brains we just might find the solution we can use.......
    I just took the rescue remedy today cause I got poor sleep and my anxiety was really bad at work. IT works good to keep you stable in panic moments or really stressful moments. I really like kava kava. It's very promising but the research is slim on it. Supposedly it increases gaba receptor sensitivity so it's just makes your brain release gaba better and easier so it's affects are mild but taken at a good amount of kavalactones (the compound responsible for sedation) it works well to make u more social. Also the more you take it the more you feel it. NO tolerance. I haven't experienced any sides from it except very tired the next day ( with a large amount) and also it's a big aphrodisiac.. Seriously.. take this stuff the day before and morning of a sexcapade and you will be at it like a rabbit. I get my stuff from nakava.com

    I've always been very distant and have had many problems with relationships in my life. I was very overly sensitive at one time too. I think that's part of it.. We are too sensitive. I've worked to not be so bad.. Now I let things rolll off.

    I do feel that with strong personalities.. They force me to shut down and then i'm super quiet. It makes me really uncomfortable and makes me feel weak. I'm learning how to deal with those people better though..

    I think learning how to deal with people and understanding your reactions helps but I don't know why it's like our natural instinct is fear. I believe through proper thinking and therapy (cognitive) You can get much better but I don't believe man will ever come up with a cure. Alcohol makes it go away and makes me feel normal.. or atleast it used to but even that stopped working the same after awhile. It only makes the problem far worse in the long run too. Which is why my anxiety is worse today.. But alcohol has strong effects on GABA receptors.. so once again.. I believe there's a issue with gaba and or serotonin..
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I just took the rescue remedy today cause I got poor sleep and my anxiety was really bad at work. IT works good to keep you stable in panic moments or really stressful moments. I really like kava kava. It's very promising but the research is slim on it. Supposedly it increases gaba receptor sensitivity so it's just makes your brain release gaba better and easier so it's affects are mild but taken at a good amount of kavalactones (the compound responsible for sedation) it works well to make u more social. Also the more you take it the more you feel it. NO tolerance. I haven't experienced any sides from it except very tired the next day ( with a large amount) and also it's a big aphrodisiac.. Seriously.. take this stuff the day before and morning of a sexcapade and you will be at it like a rabbit. I get my stuff from nakava.com

    I've always been very distant and have had many problems with relationships in my life. I was very overly sensitive at one time too. I think that's part of it.. We are too sensitive. I've worked to not be so bad.. Now I let things rolll off.

    I do feel that with strong personalities.. They force me to shut down and then i'm super quiet. It makes me really uncomfortable and makes me feel weak. I'm learning how to deal with those people better though..

    I think learning how to deal with people and understanding your reactions helps but I don't know why it's like our natural instinct is fear. I believe through proper thinking and therapy (cognitive) You can get much better but I don't believe man will ever come up with a cure. Alcohol makes it go away and makes me feel normal.. or atleast it used to but even that stopped working the same after awhile. It only makes the problem far worse in the long run too. Which is why my anxiety is worse today.. But alcohol has strong effects on GABA receptors.. so once again.. I believe there's a issue with gaba and or serotonin..
    When we compare ourselves to what we think we should be, we become unhappy with who we are and we define what we think is optimal.

    Some things about myself I have learned to love and embrace. With relationships, I am still VERY sensetive. I'm a VERY sensetive person in general, but now instead of trying to medicate it or supplementally control it, I use it for a better quality of life.
    Freedom means nothing here.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    When we compare ourselves to what we think we should be, we become unhappy with who we are and we define what we think is optimal.

    Some things about myself I have learned to love and embrace. With relationships, I am still VERY sensetive. I'm a VERY sensetive person in general, but now instead of trying to medicate it or supplementally control it, I use it for a better quality of life.
    Yes.. we have to learn to live with our limitations and like you said "embrace" our weaknesses or what we think are weaknesses. If we are really sensitive we can learn to treat others better because we know what it's like to be hurt and let down. A lot of sensitive people become the strong personality type to protect themselves but this only makes their relationships worse and them never getting what they need. Things like compassion and understanding. If we are sensitive we should admit it.. tell people when they offend us instead of lashing out and trying to be a "tough guy". I'm sure you've seen the types. I've always said the most sensitive people are the ones that have a quick response and quick answer cause they don't want to hurt anymore. The walls they build around themselves also keep them hurting..
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

  24. Ashwaghanda not only is it incredible for anxiety but its anabolic too! I know from first hand experience how it works for anxiety.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by CarterMalone View Post
    Ashwaghanda not only is it incredible for anxiety but its anabolic too! I know from first hand experience how it works for anxiety.
    Ohh yeah? never tried Ashwagandha but I have tried relora which is said to do similar things. Couldn't really tell if relora did much. I took it for 2 months. It's supposed to balance dhea and cortisol levels. Never noticed any weight loss or anything. I may give ashwagandha a try.. I'm getting married next month and wedding plans definitely been adding stress!
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best supplements for anxiety?
    By bill86 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
  2. Best supplements for anxiety
    By machine528 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
  3. Best supplement for getting ripped
    By Gym4Life in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 03:51 AM
  4. The best supplementation for awesome gains is indirect.
    By Aeternitatis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 07:23 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Log in
Log in