Good sleep aid and recovery supp?

GSP

Awards
Basically Ive noticed my day to day recovery is ****. I think a major factor is I am inconsistent in my rest. One night 7 hrs, the next 4-5, weekends catch up.
I did tribulus at night before and seemed to like it

Any good recommendation on sleeep aid and muscle recovery?

GoofyKai

GoofyKai

Awards
Are you looking for a supplement recommendation or general advice

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
Mk677
SNS Growth Factor XT
Lecheek Mass HGH
Valerian root
Tryptophan
Theanine
5 HTP
Humanofort
Kava
Pikamilon
ZMA + Melatonin (RSP Z Elite is my go to for price)

Phenibut works but is habit forming. Same with kratom. CBD capsules, shouldn't make you test positive on drug tests, google it and come up with answer for yourself though.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much coffee/stims do you take during the day and what time.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What does your diet and training look like? If your recovery isn't going well, that is a good place to start TBH.

Sleep can be a vicious cycle when it gets out of whack. Often we don't get sleep, so we need help staying awake, so we lean on caffeine/stims and that makes sleep worse, which means we need more stims and pretty soon we forget we are even using the stims just to function. So the question above about stims/caffeine is a great one.

How late do you go to bed? When do you wake up?

Finally - ZMA is a great every day supplement that is often overlooked. It doesn't help me fall asleep but I certainly STAY asleep better when I use it.

Growth Factor XT above is something I just started taking with ZMA and I have to say - whoa. It's stronger than the label had me expecting. I've used stuff that had phenibut in it and 5 caps of Growth Factor XT isn't quite the same, but it's strong. It doesn't put me out quite as much as Phenibut but it's a deep sleep with vivid dreams and at 5 caps I am actually groggy all day the next day. 2-3 caps works great for me.

Strafe pre-bed also helps with recovery and is often overlooked.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
360 sleep is a good formula without anything habit forming so it can be taken daily.

https://www.mrsupps.com/products/683/360sleep/

I personally use Somatamax by hi tech but it has phenibut which you don't want to take more than 3-4 times a week.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I've been getting good results with Midnight Dream by Iron Addicts.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Valerian Root
Melatonin
ZMA
Yoga
Shut off & unplug all electronics
Scented candles - try Lavender
Warm bath

Its good to use the same routine and be consistent but that's hardly ever practical in today's fast pace lifestyles

GSP

Awards
Supplement, but Id welcome general advice. Any pointers are welcomed

GSP

Awards
I'm familiar with zma took it in my early twenties. Go to bed at ten, lay there till midnight or later usually. Wake up around 730. Been meaning to switch to working out before work, but never get it done. Workout right after work, dinner at about 8. Workouts been pretty cardio heavy lately

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would first try to solve it without the use of supplements. Like you said, try to get more consistent sleep. Allow your body to get into a rhythm. Next, I would focus on diet and hydration. I know when my diet is bad and/or I’m not hydrated I feel like **** all day no matter how long/well I have slept. It may also be time to take a break from the gym or do a deload week or two.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS growth factor XT and/or SNS ZMA XT. Properly dosed ingredients at cost effective prices.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vein Nutrition Sedation for everyday use, IML Dream N Grow for a couple times per week. These two are my go to sleep aids after years of struggling with sleep.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been rotating ZMA, SNS Growth Factor, random melatonin and phenibut but both can be habit forming.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Better your sleep hygiene first.

Supplement wise, phenibut hands down gives the best sleep. Wouldn’t use more than 2-3x week however.

Magnesium 250mg+ melatonin 3g is a secondary option

SirGainz

SirGainz

Awards
Iron Dream used to be my favorite but it is long gone. Tried 360 dream but wasnt a fan of the flavoring. Been using Primeval BIOS3 Xanix for when needed which is not habit forming.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I’ve been using HiTech Somatomax for about 6 months now. Only need 1/4 scoop to sleep like a baby. 1 tub lasts about 3-4 months for me personally

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sleep quality I like Oneiromancer.?hope I spelled it right
To fall asleep:
Ksm666 or sensoril
Valerian
Melatonin (not too much)
Gaba and theanine

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Growth factor XT + melatonin + SNS zma makes for a great deep nights sleep

Reactions: GSP
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also swear by phenibut. Fade out by Redcon 1 or Anethetized by blackstone labs are both great (I know it's not cool to say anything by blackstone labs is good). They are basically the same product. Just make sure you take it at least every other day or even less if possible. I've tried iron dream and resurrect pm etc. But there is no comparison these products effect your whole mental wellbeing.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sleep and recovery all in one, I like Growth Factor XT. It will help you with a deeper, more restful sleep which will help with recovery. Also,you could use an ergogenic aid for recovery benefits as well. IntraMax and Ergonine come to mind. IntraMax can be used intra, pre, or post workout. Not only does it have ergogenic aids to help with performance and strength, but also whey hydrolysate and leucine to help with recovery.