Creatine Usage

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wondering how many of you use PWO's without creatine or just don't use creatine in general??

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Wondering how many of you use PWO's without creatine or just don't use creatine in general??
I use PWO with 5g of mono. Although I'm curious to know wether the timing of créatine makes a difference.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PWO, pre workout?

I like to call it Pre training or post training as its no workout its training but I understand the term in the industry

I ve been using a lot of pre-workout samples as I got a ton of them at junior nationals mid june.

Post workout I generally always get in micronized creatine monohydrate as its superior to regular creatine monohydrate, its down down into smaller particles and absorbed better.

Btw i've been using micronized creatine since 2004 (the original ast brand was the first ive seen and used)

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards

What do you mean by PWO?

Some pre workouts have creatine, some don't. Some post workouts have creatine, some don't.

I simply aim for 4-5g of creatine per day, whenever and from whatever.

I use PWO with 5g of mono. Although I'm curious to know wether the timing of créatine makes a difference.
It doesn't.

If it does, it's minor, and post workout might be ever so minimally better

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Pre and post. It's cheap enough and one of the few supps that have such a high level of study and efficacy. There are good reasons to take it both.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have never used a PWO with creatine. Creatine always have gone in with my post workout Whey.

I am not sure if 1.5-2gms of creatine in a PWO helps in anyway for your workout. It's one of the most cheapest supplement. What's the point of buying a PWO when out of 10gms 2gms is creatine and you're paying top $ for that.

agroupthink

agroupthink

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by PWO?

Some pre workouts have creatine, some don't. Some post workouts have creatine, some don't.

I simply aim for 4-5g of creatine per day, whenever and from whatever.

It doesn't.

If it does, it's minor, and post workout might be ever so minimally better
Pretty much this. If my pre workout has it in there, then I don't have to take it separately or add it in. If it doesn't then I'll add it in or take it with a shake or Something.

As long as I get it in is all that matters

ashenshugar77

Awards
I don't use it. Don't like the bloated look it gives me.

"it goes into the muscles blah blah blah makes you look full"
whatever it does it makes me look worse and I dont like it & for me it outweighs any positive musclebuilding effect it could have.

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards

whatever it does it makes me look worse and I dont like it & for me it outweighs any positive musclebuilding effect it could have.

How much were you taking?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I haven't used creatine in awhile. I need to get back on creatine monohydrate. I can definitely tell a difference when I don't take it daily. Strength has gone down from a few months ago.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use either PowerMax XT or Modern Creatine, daily. Never use a PWO with it though.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've always used it pre workout didn't realize it had benefits for post workout as well

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've always used it pre workout didn't realize it had benefits for post workout as well
It doesn't.

It has the same benefit regardless of when taken.

I went ages without taking it and hit PRs, took it for about 6 months and hit PRs, came off it again and hit PRs. Meh, I can go without it, but for the price it is generally worth taking.

ashenshugar77

Awards
Sometimes I tried loading, other times 5g a day.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great feedback thus far

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think the biggest question should be, with the many users stating undesired bloating occuring using monohydrate, is creatine HCL just as effective and able to be as effective without the bloating. Not sure if the greater "absorption" is true of HCL this maybe requiring less dosage for same affect possibly alleviating bloating?

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards
I think the biggest question should be, with the many users stating undesired bloating occuring using monohydrate, is creatine HCL just as effective and able to be as effective without the bloating. Not sure if the greater "absorption" is true of HCL this maybe requiring less dosage for same affect possibly alleviating bloating?
I still think this is where virtually all 'bloating' complaints come from

Sometimes I tried loading, other times 5g a day.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can take creatine anytime , I just took it with my morning meal, as I think its better with some carbohydrates via insulin response , as it will get stored better. That is why when it came out people always recommended taking it with grapejuice for insulin response with it. Ive been taking it since 2002 and have done the loading . Ive also done half a week loading, for 3-4 days then a 3 -4 day break. This was back in 2004-2005 when it was popular, I wouldnbt be surprised it it came around again, as I see older methods return . The theory was your super saturate your cells, then give them a break. It seemed to work . Was it better than 5-10 grams a day? I dont know

I use 5-10 grams a day generally, training days. Sometimes on non training days 3-5 grams.