Creatine and Teens

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
Your friend does not know what he is talking about. Did he have any evidence to back up his claims?
Take the creatine. I would just get plain ole creatine monohydrate because its cheap. You could also opt for a creatine product with a sugar base to spike you insulin and take it post workout with your whey. Also a lot if protein powders include creatine in the mix usually as a filler to add total protein content. Keep taking it. It's as safe as your bcaa's your taking.

Last edited:

SlavicStrong

Awards
Your friend does not know what he is talking about. Did he have any evidence to back up his claims?
Take the creatine. I would just get plain ole creatine monohydrate because its cheap. You could also opt for a creatine product with a sugar base to spike you insulin and take it post workout with your whey. Also a lot if protein powders include creatine in the mix usually as a filler to add total protein content. Keep taking it. It's as safe as your bcaa's your taking.
Which products have a sugar base? I have ON Creatine Mono as of now

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
That's fine. It doesn't need a sugar base. You can always mix it with something of sugar if you wanted. What you have is fine. Drinks lots of water.

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
Many, but now that I think about it, with the supplement regiment you have now and the amount of food you eat, you probably wouldn't benefit much from it. That benifit wouldn't justify the cost. Besides your already taking bcaa's that have a positive influence on your insulin. Just keep doing what your doing.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Many, but now that I think about it, with the supplement regiment you have now and the amount of food you eat, you probably wouldn't benefit much from it. That benifit wouldn't justify the cost. Besides your already taking bcaa's that have a positive influence on your insulin. Just keep doing what your doing.
For some reason, I feel as if BCAAs have no effect on me, recovery wise, but I feel like BCAAs pre-workout help me focus, it's weird. I get unflavored too, I don't like supplements with all that artificial stuff, even more protein powder is natural, it's ON Naturally Flavored, no Artificial Sweeteners or colors.

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
For some reason, I feel as if BCAAs have no effect on me, recovery wise, but I feel like BCAAs pre-workout help me focus, it's weird. I get unflavored too, I don't like supplements with all that artificial stuff, even more protein powder is natural, it's ON Naturally Flavored, no Artificial Sweeteners or colors.
Yeah, ditch the bcaa's and save some money and buy more whey, it already has bcaa's in it anyway.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Yeah, ditch the bcaa's and save some money and buy more whey, it already has bcaa's in it anyway.
Probably won't buy more BCAAs after this jar. About protein powder, I currently have ON Brand Natural Whey, but bought Jym Protein, just to try its taste. It tastes amazing, but there are so many chemicals and crap to make it taste good, and I am not sure if it's really safe to have something this bad for you 1-3 times a day. Not to mention my other tub of protein powder is all natural, and has A LOT LESS, and I mean barely any chemicals in it. Also on thoughts on Jym's science claiming a blend is better than pure whey?

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
Probably won't buy more BCAAs after this jar. About protein powder, I currently have ON Brand Natural Whey, but bought Jym Protein, just to try its taste. It tastes amazing, but there are so many chemicals and crap to make it taste good, and I am not sure if it's really safe to have something this bad for you 1-3 times a day. Not to mention my other tub of protein powder is all natural, and has A LOT LESS, and I mean barely any chemicals in it. Also on thoughts on Jym's science claiming a blend is better than pure whey?
Is it Pro Jym? What chemicals are in it? It looks like a good solid powder to increase your total daily intake, but only has around 9 grams of whey in it. I know you already drink milk and I assume you eat eggs. That's what pro jym is made of. Its sort of a protein meal replacement, which you don't need if your already eating enough. That is why I would stick with pure whey and consume it around your workouts. Use it as a supplement, not a replacment.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Is it Pro Jym? What chemicals are in it? It looks like a good solid powder to increase your total daily intake, but only has around 9 grams of whey in it. I know you already drink milk and I assume you eat eggs. That's what pro jym is made of. Its sort of a protein meal replacement, which you don't need if your already eating enough. That is why I would stick with pure whey and consume it around your workouts. Use it as a supplement, not a replacment.
Pro Jym, yes, for the chemicals, look at the GNC Website, and look at Natural White Chocolate, which is the one flavor I got. I usually get natural flavored stuff, but even with natural flavors, there's a load of chemicals.

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
I see the 'chemicals' you're talking about now. I like how on there website they bash nitrogen spiking, then in their ingredients they list non dairy creamer. Thats a worse filler than aminos, and hypocritical.
No wonder it tastes good.

SlavicStrong

Awards
I see the 'chemicals' you're talking about now. I like how on there website they bash nitrogen spiking, then in their ingredients they list non dairy creamer. Thats a worse filler than aminos, and hypocritical.
No wonder it tastes good.
Exactly, now look at ON Naturally Flavored Whey, no artificial stuff, and for some reason, Naturally Flavored Whey tastes better in water, than artificial, it should be the other way around. So I might just return Jym today at the GNC

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
Exactly, now look at ON Naturally Flavored Whey, no artificial stuff, and for some reason, Naturally Flavored Whey tastes better in water, than artificial, it should be the other way around. So I might just return Jym today at the GNC
ON also has non dairy creamer it. They just call it 'natural and artificial flavor sprinkles'. Which one sounds better? They are exactly the same thing. How deceiving. I'm so tired of all these marketing tactics. What happened to honesty and integrity? Everything, if it's in the way of making a few more bucks. Greedy bastards!

SlavicStrong

Awards
ON also has non dairy creamer it. They just call it 'natural and artificial flavor sprinkles'. Which one sounds better? They are exactly the same thing. How deceiving. I'm so tired of all these marketing tactics. What happened to honesty and integrity? Everything, if it's in the way of making a few more bucks. Greedy bastards!
Are you looking at the Naturally Flavored one?