Choose your favorite Muscle Milk flavor...

Pick your favorites (you can choose more than one).

• Total voters
natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Just thought I'd create a poll on the best flavors of one of the more popular protein powders out there. I myself have always wanted to try Muscle Milk, but haven't due to price. But now that I can, I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Gota love the chocolate Peanut butter...

Followed by mocha joe (this one has caffiene in it), the perfect morning cheat food.

and finally Chocolate banana crunch.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i get tired of 'creative' flavors, no matter how bomb the first few servings are. I really do enjoy their chocolate.
Sage

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Its actually Root Beer FLOAT flavor, and it is the sh!t. Others are good, but this is the best I've had.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Right now, I'm hooked on the Chocolate Mint. It's awesome! I liked the Rootbeer float alot too! The cookies & creme - it's OK.. The Banana is decent too. A friend of mine likes the Mocha Joe too. Where are you buying it from. There's a site that sells it for around $20.00

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Right now, I'm hooked on the Chocolate Mint. It's awesome! I liked the Rootbeer float alot too! The cookies & creme - it's OK.. The Banana is decent too. A friend of mine likes the Mocha Joe too. Where are you buying it from. There's a site that sells it for around $20.00
DPSnutrition has it for $19.99. Awesome shipping pricing too. Root beer float sounds like an odd flavor, but if it tastes good, why not.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Mocha Joe all the way! I've put back 8 tubs of Mocha Joe in the past year!

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
DPSnutrition has it for $19.99. Awesome shipping pricing too. Root beer float sounds like an odd flavor, but if it tastes good, why not.
I think Prosource sells theirs for $19.75. Just another supplier out there for ya! :) Oh, and that Rootbeer, drank it with water & usually some crushed ice. Stuff was great!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I think Prosource sells theirs for $19.75. Just another supplier out there for ya! :) Oh, and that Rootbeer, drank it with water & usually some crushed ice. Stuff was great!
Thanks. 25 cents cheaper and shipping is flat rate at $4.75. Should save me a couple of dollars.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Easypricematch has it for $17.99.

But since every serving has the approximate nutritional profile of a Whopper, I've had to stop buying it. It's been replaced with Evopro and Biotest Grow, both of which make me very happy.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't vote, because the only 2 types I have tried are chocolate and blueberry... I have chocolate mint but haven't broken the seal yet. I don't think I can put chocolate as my favorite, because everytime I open the container, I think it smells like buttered popcorn.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
LOL Nobody voted for pineapple+banana, I'm using it right now and it's NOT good.

Don't buy it:nono:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Tried Muscle Milk for the first time today. All I have to say is WOW! I am impressed. The consistancy, the taste. 5 out of 5 for Mocha Joe. I have three other flavors that I'll be trying over the next couple days. We'll see how that goes.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I tried mint chocolate last night in my oatmeal, and it tasted like those girl scout thin mint cookies. I also make my own blueberry yogurt with the blueberry flavor mixed in fat-free yogrut with some blended oates. Such a good meal, kinda like my cheat!!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't help it. I'm drinking the cookies and creme as we speak before I head for bed. Pretty damn good too. I wouldn't quite say it tastes exactly like cookies and creme, maybe more like vanilla, but it's good nonetheless. I'd say this gets a 5 out of 5 as well. If they all taste as good as the first two than 5 out of 5 will kind of go without saying.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Sittin' here drinking Rocky Road and it's now my new favorite. I think the only negative I have to say about MM so far is that it is a bit sweet, but not too sweet. Looking forward to trying Chocolate PB later on today.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok, last but not least, Peanut Butter Chocolate. This one was equally as good as the other three. If I were to choose one out of the four flavors I've tried so far, I'd have to go with Rocky Road. Followed by PB Chocolate, Mocha Joe (could be a little less sweet), and Cookies and Creme. All are great though. Can't wait to try some of the other flavors.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
Have only tried the cookies n cream and chocolate peannut butter. But nothing I've ever tried comes close to the cookies n cream. I would drink it even if i wasn't lifting. :blink:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok. Just got another shipment of MM today. Thought I'd review a few more flavors. Just found my new favorite flavor. Chocolate Mint Chip. Damn and I thought ON's Chocolate Mint was good. This **** is 10X better. It's creamier and it just goes down so much easier. All I can say is WOW!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok now I've found my least favorite, Chocolate Banana Crunch. Doesn't mean I don't like it. Just means I wouldn't buy it again, when I have several better flavors to choose from.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Next up, Chocolate Milk. What can I say, damn good. Between this and Mint Chocolate Chip, I've died and gone to protein heaven.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Oh and a good tip on making your MM last longer. Use one scoop instead of two and mix it with one scoop of unflavored whey isolate. Still tastes great, increases the amount of protein in the shake and you'll save some money by not using your MM so fast.

credible_threat

Awards
ditto on what somebody said about getting sick of "novelty" flavors despite how good they are the first few servings. Nonetheless, the Creme Brulee is pretty good. I have tried:

Chocolate Peanut Butter
Creme Brulee
Strawberry
Root Beer
Chocolate Banana Crunch

and that is the order I would rank them in. I would probably not buy the lower two again unless I have a lot on hand of the "staple" flavors. I'll be trying mocha joe next.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
You know, some say that MM is expensive, but I say If I going to pound down 2 to 3 shakes a day for say...the rest of my life, than I'm going to want something that tastes good. And this **** is for real. The amount of fat isn't bad either. Hell, I need the fat anyways.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Just FYI

Muscle Milk @

Mass Nutrition $17.95

wholesalersuperstore.com $16.99

But, frankly, I'd rather patronize board supporters (plus, better service...)

Nutraplanet 19.99

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Just FYI

Muscle Milk @

Mass Nutrition $17.95

wholesalersuperstore.com $16.99

But, frankly, I'd rather patronize board supporters (plus, better service...)

Nutraplanet 19.99
What I did was find the best price on MM (17.99 or something, thanks for the tip above though) and took it to easypricematch.com and saved myself almost 8 bucks, including shipping. The downside was that it took almost 2 weeks to get my package. But I'm all about saving money.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about the flavor that isn't loaded with fat and bullshit calories?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How about the flavor that isn't loaded with fat and bullshit calories?
Simple fact, If you want to be big good fats and calories are needed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with MM unless you're restricting fat and calories.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll stick to 1 scoop of ATW and flax seed oil when I need the fats. Tastes fine to me.

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
can I ask a serious, yet ridiculous question? How can you consider something that has 43% of it's make-up to be protein A PROTEIN POWDER? This may be elementary but do you think there's a real simple reason it tastes so good? And to compare it (taste wise or not) to other powders that ARE protein powders (80-90%) is absolutely absurd and speaks volumes about the customer base.

Note, I base these figures and arrive at my 43% protein content off the product description at bb.com

Container Size: 2.48 Lbs
Serving Size: 2 Scoops or 1 Packet
Servings Per Container: 15

this would put a "serving size" at about 75g, I thought it was odd at first they didn't include the serving size in grams but it get's more odd thereafter:

Amount Per Serving:

Total Calories: 348
Calories From Fat: 162
Total Fat: 18 g 28%
Saturated Fat: 8 g 40%
Cholesterol: 3 mg 1%
Sodium: 200 mg 8%
Potassium: 595 mg 17%
Total Carbohydrates: 12 g 4%
Dietary Fiber: <2 g 8%
Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 32 g 64%

The macros only add up to 62g, so I don't know what to make of their label exactly. If you go by what it says on the top the serving size is 75g, on the bottom 62g. :think: Even if the latter is more correct it would still only calc out to 51%. Things that make you go hmmm.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
can I ask a serious, yet ridiculous question? How can you consider something that has 43% of it's make-up to be protein A PROTEIN POWDER? This may be elementary but do you think there's a real simple reason it tastes so good? And to compare it (taste wise or not) to other powders that ARE protein powders (80-90%) is absolutely absurd and speaks volumes about the customer base.

Note, I base these figures and arrive at my 43% figure off the product description at bb.com

Container Size: 2.48 Lbs
Serving Size: 2 Scoops or 1 Packet
Servings Per Container: 15

this would put a "serving size" at about 75g, I thought it was odd at first they didn't include the serving size in grams but it get's more odd thereafter:

Amount Per Serving:

Total Calories: 348
Calories From Fat: 162
Total Fat: 18 g 28%
Saturated Fat: 8 g 40%
Cholesterol: 3 mg 1%
Sodium: 200 mg 8%
Potassium: 595 mg 17%
Total Carbohydrates: 12 g 4%
Dietary Fiber: <2 g 8%
Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 32 g 64%

The macros only add up to 62g, so I don't know what to make of their label exactly. If you go by what it says on the top the serving size is 75g, on the bottom 62g. :think: Even if the latter is more correct it would still only calc out to 51%. Things that make you go hmmm.
Do you think that their label claims are off? I've never heard of anyone saying anything negative about them. Not once. Has anyone ever done a lab analysis on their proteins? I guess that would be the only way to see what's really in their formula. All I know is that it helps me get down my unflavored isolate much easier. It also helps me get extra fat and calories into my diet.

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
I have absolutely no idea if the label is off, but I do know that the math on the top does not agree with the math on the bottom. That may NOT at all matter for the claims on the protein content, they may be dead on with that ~but~ I still do not understand (and this is going directly off their label) how anyone in their right mind can call a 43-51% protein a Protein Powder when the rest of the world sells generally 80-90% formulas?? :frustrate

Maybe a better description would be a fat and carb powder with some protein added?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I have absolutely no idea if the label is off, but I do know that the math on the top does not agree with the math on the bottom. That may NOT at all matter for the claims on the protein content, they may be dead on with that ~but~ I still do not understand (and this is going directly off their label) how anyone in their right mind can call a 43-51% protein a Protein Powder when the rest of the world sells generally 80-90% formulas?? :frustrate

Maybe a better description would be a fat and carb powder with some protein added?
Meal replacement? Or in my case flavor pack? j/k :)

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Pretty soon Muscle Milk should just come out with the flavors of those Harry Potter jelly beans, like dirt flavor, vomit, etc. I'm just kidding. I still think root beer float is the best.

oh-honey

Awards
sorry if this sounds like a stupid question... but, would you guys recommend drinking MM for someone trying to lose weight?

im trying to cut my carbs... but someone told me MM is worth it :think:

thanks

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
sorry if this sounds like a stupid question... but, would you guys recommend drinking MM for someone trying to lose weight?

im trying to cut my carbs... but someone told me MM is worth it :think:

thanks
there are no stupid questions, friend, however this one is "cause for great concern"....
just kidding...
However, DO NOT use MM to lose weight. Use low/no carb protein powders, preferably WPI and Egg white protein (my opinion). There are benefits to formulas such as MM, but not in this case! Too many cals. Get your fats from fish oil/EFA's, flax oil, maybe some nuts, olive oil in cookng for now. And lean protein sources and supps! Good luck!

oh-honey

Awards
there are no stupid questions, friend, however this one is "cause for great concern"....
just kidding...
However, DO NOT use MM to lose weight. Use low/no carb protein powders, preferably WPI and Egg white protein (my opinion). There are benefits to formulas such as MM, but not in this case! Too many cals. Get your fats from fish oil/EFA's, flax oil, maybe some nuts, olive oil in cookng for now. And lean protein sources and supps! Good luck!
lol thanks milwood :thumbsup:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Some good **** if you ever think about bulking.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So a good thing to do is take one scoop of muscle milk with some non-flavor protein isolate? I have tried a sample of muscle milk before and it tasted great, like I wish I had more just to drink it. BUt it is expensive, and if you can get away with one scoop and some non flavor protein and still get that great taste, id be all for it. That way $20 a month doesn't seem as much as $40 for just protein.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
This stuff looks good, i need a new nighttime protein anyway...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Being the protein coniseur that I am, I've decided to purchase some of BSN's Lean Dessert Protein. Not only that but I found this **** cheap as dirt at a1nutritionproducts for $13.99. Can't beat that. This stuff is almost identical to muscle milk except that they have cinnamon roll, chocolate coconut and banana nut bread flavored proteins which I have been dying to try.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Just tried BSN's cinnamon roll flavored protein. Smells just like a cinnamon roll. Yummy. The taste is a lot milder than I thought it would be, but very good nonetheless. Much thicker than MM, and less grainy too. Good stuff.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I tried both the coconut chocolate and banana nut bread flavored proteins this weekend. Both were good, but like the cinnamon roll, were both weak as far as the sweetness goes. Overall, I like BSN's Lean Dessert Proteins and is a nice change from Muscle Milk, but MM still takes the cake when it comes to flavor.

Les Misérables

Awards
natedogg, have you ever tried the Dymatize Mega Milk? They don't have nearly as many flavors as Muscle Milk, but I hear the flavors they do have are comprable to MM. The cost is significantly less, and Mega Milk has more fat than the BSN Lean Dessert (which, in my opinion, is a good thing). I believe the nutritional profile for Mega Milk is similar to that of Muscle Milk.