REAL difference between R-ALA & Na-R-ALA??

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Besides the Sodium attachment for "stability" purposes.....Whats the major difference?
I understand the difference between ALA and R-ALA, but what are the actual benefits to using the Na version over the R-ALA version for glucose purposes??

Is there REALLY a major/significant difference between the two, or is this just like the 17 different versions of Creatine??
You can get 120caps of 100mg R-ALA from a reputable company for $18, where as the Na-R-ALA version....not so much!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Na-R-ALA is better at lowering blood glucose as well as absorption.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You can get 25g of Na-R-ALA from a reputable company (nutraplanet) for 35 bucks, which is actually cheaper per gram...

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Capping is such a pain in the ass!.....Any suggestions if I decide to go with Nutras Na-R-ALA powder??

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Capping is such a pain in the ass!.....Any suggestions if I decide to go with Nutras Na-R-ALA powder??
Dont cap it? Find a scooper with the size you need. I have a little test tube vial that I put the powder in when Im at work so I drop a little water in it, shake it up and down it very very small water.. and get it over with as fast as popping a pill.

Mike