Adaptogens? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Adaptogens?

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Abyss Unparalleled. You could get a bottle of GABA and use that with Abyss on nights you might need some extra help falling to sleep.
    Great looking product. Thank you for the suggestion.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by klind14 View Post
    I really like the ingredients in gaia stress response (and have had great results with their rhodiola over the last few weeks) but was wondering if the dosage of everything except the rhodiola in that product was dosed high enough (or is there synergy between them such that the lower doses work well)?
    Yes- GAIA is a top notch brand and everything they put out is good. It is the blend and the quality of the ingredients that make it work as well. There is a reason that their 240mg and ratio % is stronger than others at 500mg.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Yes- GAIA is a top notch brand and everything they put out is good. It is the blend and the quality of the ingredients that make it work as well. There is a reason that their 240mg and ratio % is stronger than others at 500mg.
    You're right. Even though their ratios seem a lot less than other brands, their quality must be better (basing this on how well their rhodiola rosea is working for me versus two unsuccessful attempts using the herb produced by other brands). In fact, it was a comment you previously made about them that got me to give it a third and final attempt (and for that, I owe you a big thank you). So, I'll give their stress response product a try after I run out of my current bottle of Rhodiola Rosea. That should work well for my daytime stress/anxiety and continue to help with my lack of sleep since it contains both Rhodiola Rosea and Ashwagandha (plus a few other herbs).
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    Ah, sorry dude. That's not a bad idea.
    It's all good. LoL.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome! I really like that you can go online and pull the lab for your bottle to see the ingredient profile and testing done. It is a cool feature.
  6. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    Mass HGH on the other hand... HOLY CRAP! That's like someone just jizzed concentrated melatonin on your face!
    So, based on your description, apparently it is a transdermal???
  7. New Member

Awesome! I really like that you can go online and pull the lab for your bottle to see the ingredient profile and testing done. It is a cool feature.
    Yeah, that is pretty cool. I immediately did that when I received the Rhodiola Rosea.

Since the dosages are lower in the Gaia Stress Response (but with a higher quality), do you see tolerance eventually developing to the product? Or would it be something that should be safe and effective for long-term use (especially for those of us that are easily stressed out on a daily basis due to life and job obligations)?
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Cordeyceps are worth looking into.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by klind14 View Post
    Yeah, that is pretty cool. I immediately did that when I received the Rhodiola Rosea.

Since the dosages are lower in the Gaia Stress Response (but with a higher quality), do you see tolerance eventually developing to the product? Or would it be something that should be safe and effective for long-term use (especially for those of us that are easily stressed out on a daily basis due to life and job obligations)?
    Brotha, my life is freakishly stressful with my career and then obviously normal stress from young kids, family, bills, etc... I have a full mental system and routine that keeps me grounded- as well as the added supplements. With that being said, I can attest to the ability of several supplements to help me as part of the overall picture and have done so for many years. In short- yes the ingredient profile can help over the long term, but they are only part of trying to reduce stress and clear anxiety and mental fog.

I will say that TRT is where I started- just for complete transparency.
  10. New Member

Brotha, my life is freakishly stressful with my career and then obviously normal stress from young kids, family, bills, etc... I have a full mental system and routine that keeps me grounded- as well as the added supplements. With that being said, I can attest to the ability of several supplements to help me as part of the overall picture and have done so for many years. In short- yes the ingredient profile can help over the long term, but they are only part of trying to reduce stress and clear anxiety and mental fog.

I will say that TRT is where I started- just for complete transparency.
    I understand they only play a part but I'm hoping they at least help get me started on developing a system and routine of my own. I'd like to thank everyone (but especially you and kissdadookie) for their help and input. I really appreciate it.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

For sure. Adaptogens and noots are near and dear to my heart, so I love to discuss them.

Good luck to you.
  12. New Member

I've tried lower doses of Rhodiola (Gaia Herbs) and it worked at first (week or so) but stopped providing energy after that. I switched to Eclectic Institute a couple days ago and that seems to be working better (provides a real sense of calm). My only concern is that the dosage is much higher at 500 mg. Does anyone see a problem with taking this twice each day (morning and afternoon) or would tolerance/irritability quickly develop? As a side note, I'm taking this with Bacopa.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I've taken Rhodiola everyday for about 8 years with no issues and never have felt a tolerance build up. I've tried numerous brands and always come back to Gaia.
  14. New Member

I've taken Rhodiola everyday for about 8 years with no issues and never have felt a tolerance build up. I've tried numerous brands and always come back to Gaia.
    Do you think that lack of tolerance build up might be due to Gaia's lower dosage (and that higher dosage products like Eclectic Institute would cause tolerance)?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tristen22001 View Post
    I've tried lower doses of Rhodiola (Gaia Herbs) and it worked at first (week or so) but stopped providing energy after that. I switched to Eclectic Institute a couple days ago and that seems to be working better (provides a real sense of calm). My only concern is that the dosage is much higher at 500 mg. Does anyone see a problem with taking this twice each day (morning and afternoon) or would tolerance/irritability quickly develop? As a side note, I'm taking this with Bacopa.
    There shouldn't be much if any tolerance issues with adaptogens. The purpose of adaptogens is to help you body adapt to stress and create balance. So they are not meant to subdue or excite your body past a normal balanced level. So if you take these things going by most label directions, you should be ok and no real cycling on or off should be needed.

Also keep in mind, different brands may have different levels of extraction or extracting for completely different things.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

No one's mentioned shilajit?
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tristen22001 View Post
    Do you think that lack of tolerance build up might be due to Gaia's lower dosage (and that higher dosage products like Eclectic Institute would cause tolerance)?
    I may not be understanding what you mean by tolerance with regards to your experience. Rhodiola isn't going to make you feel like you took a stimulant other than the beginning when you aren't used to it. It provides a general balanced energy level and helps deal with stress. Don't take rhodiola expecting it to act like a stimulant or pwo.

Also, cortisol is a bad thing when it is high. Rhodiola helps combat that. It is a wonderful supplement that I think anyone would benefit from adding in.
  18. New Member

I may not be understanding what you mean by tolerance with regards to your experience. Rhodiola isn't going to make you feel like you took a stimulant other than the beginning when you aren't used to it. It provides a general balanced energy level and helps deal with stress. Don't take rhodiola expecting it to act like a stimulant or pwo.

Also, cortisol is a bad thing when it is high. Rhodiola helps combat that. It is a wonderful supplement that I think anyone would benefit from adding in.
    Okay, I think I understand now. Based on what you and kissdadookie are saying, it provides energy at first because it's trying to create a balance (with me being so tired in the morning). However, once it's created that balance, I would no longer feel that initial energy but also wouldn't feel tired all day either (i.e. it's balanced things out). So, when people talk about developing a tolerance to Rhodiola, what's really happening is that they've reached that balance and are no longer feeling that initial energy. Therefore, to maintain that balance, it would be beneficial to keep taking Rhodiola on a daily basis. Is that correct? If so, would it be better to take a product that provides the minimal amount of Rhodiola required to maintain that balance (like the Gaia brand...versus the Eclectic brand)?
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Yes, that is what I am saying. As far as the question on what amount or brand, that is a tough one to answer. I think once you try different brands and amounts, you should be able to better determine what works best. See, taking 500mg for me makes me very lethargic. I need less, so I started researching and trying brands that offer 250mg per serv (3:1) and just settled on Gaia. Is it better than others at that dose- I don't know. I just like the lab reports, know it works, and hits the price point I am comfortable with since I plan to take this forever.

I will add that if you like that initial boost, then maybe it could be cycled. For me, I like an overall balance and sustained energy without ups and downs. There are many products that can provide that strong up boost and if it is ever desired, then I take that.
  20. New Member

Yes, that is what I am saying. As far as the question on what amount or brand, that is a tough one to answer. I think once you try different brands and amounts, you should be able to better determine what works best. See, taking 500mg for me makes me very lethargic. I need less, so I started researching and trying brands that offer 250mg per serv (3:1) and just settled on Gaia. Is it better than others at that dose- I don't know. I just like the lab reports, know it works, and hits the price point I am comfortable with since I plan to take this forever.

I will add that if you like that initial boost, then maybe it could be cycled. For me, I like an overall balance and sustained energy without ups and downs. There are many products that can provide that strong up boost and if it is ever desired, then I take that.
    Thank you for helping clear that up for me.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Cordeyceps are worth looking into.
    Absolutely agreed, Ive had great results with some of the MST cordycep based products.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post

Absolutely agreed, Ive had great results with some of the MST cordycep based products.
    I've always wanted to pick some up
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  23. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

For sure. Adaptogens and noots are near and dear to my heart, so I love to discuss them.

Good luck to you.
    What dose do you guys run with for the Gaia Rhodiola? And do you run it every day or?

I'm looking at that but it is only 60 caps and it says 2 per say which may prove to be expensive...

Have you used Viridian maxi potency Rhodiola?

Many thanks
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I run Rhodiola everyday. I use all supplements as directed, so yes, two a day.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Rhodiola makes me feel good mentally with no burst of energy or increase in endurance though.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

I just picked up some Gaia Rhodiola a week ago and had to stop taking it after a few days. It made me dizzy and heavy headed. I think I do better with lower Rosavins and higher Salidrosides for a more dopamine induced effect and less serotonin.
    Remember why you started.
  27. Banned

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    I just picked up some Gaia Rhodiola a week ago and had to stop taking it after a few days. It made me dizzy and heavy headed. I think I do better with lower Rosavins and higher Salidrosides for a more dopamine induced effect and less serotonin.
    Crazy same thing happened to me

Felt like I was bout to get a vertigo attack lmao
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by burpees View Post
    Crazy same thing happened to me

Felt like I was bout to get a vertigo attack lmao
    EXACTLY. I've been using Natural Factors brand and really like it.
  29. Banned

Reputation Reputation

EXACTLY. I've been using Natural Factors brand and really like it.
    Thanks I'm going to try it my only other experience was iforce compete that has rhodiola In it and I never had a issue

Gaia herbs scared me away tho lol
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

They are very strong for the dose. How much did you take? If I take two at a time, I get the same way.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by burpees View Post
    Thanks I'm going to try it my only other experience was iforce compete that has rhodiola In it and I never had a issue

Gaia herbs scared me away tho lol
    All I've read about Gaia Herbs Rhodiola is positive, however it also goes to show that everyone's body chemistry is different and often reacts differently to the same things.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

They are very strong for the dose. How much did you take? If I take two at a time, I get the same way.
    It's like 240 or something and I was only taking one a day. I thought about opening the capsules but then I thought I'm not doing this crap everyday. The Natural Factors brand I take is only 150mgs I believe.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

All I've read about Gaia Herbs Rhodiola is positive, however it also goes to show that everyone's body chemistry is different and often reacts differently to the same things.
    Yep, very much so- and especially with rhodiola. I am very sensitive to it.
  34. New Member

So you think I could run the Gaia Rhodiola and still feel it? Suggested does on bottle is 2 per day...
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I just wanted to share my experience recently after receiving and running ashwagandha and relora for the past month or two. I picked these up to help me relax before bed and sleep through the night. I have found that they really help me wind down before bed, especially helping clear my mind so I am not thinking about a million things while I am trying to get to sleep. I also picked up some melatonin. I take the relora and ashwagandha 1-3 hours before bed (average about 1.5), and I take the melatonin 30-45 min before bed. The ashwagandha and relora clear my mind and relax me, then the melatonin knocks me out. Even if I wake up to take a piss or something I am always back asleep really fast when I get back in bed. I initially had some trouble with the 3mg melatonin dose (crazy messed up vivid dreams), but I got used to it after using half doses for a few weeks first. I haven't needed any sleep aides since I started taking these and I can't recommend this combo enough. It has helped my sleep quality and quantity more than anything else I have tried, including prescription benzos.

Also, I don't know if this is due to the relora and/or ashwagandha, but I have also been pretty lax with my diet since ending a log I was doing a month ago, but I still look the same way I did at the end of my log (maybe slightly less vascular since I am not taking ABE or ArA anymore, which both help with vascularity, but even that is a small difference), and I am still just as solid. The only other things that could explain it are ABE/ArA afterglow (this is definitely a real thing and I love it, but it has never kept me this lean while drinking and eating a modest amount of junk food), and continuing to dose berberine maybe once per day, which has never had this big of an effect in the past and is generally pretty mild.

Overall I am thrilled with these products. I was hesitant at first because I didn't know if they would work well dosed only once per day for sleep, but they definitely do work very well. I bought some ashwagandha bulk powder to use when the pills run out, and will definitely be buying relora again when that runs out as well. Now, all I have to do is research how often I need to take a break from these things (if ever). If anyone has trouble sleeping, I recommend giving this a try.

Best,
    Tyler
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

I love the combo of Rhodiola and Ashwagandha together, really eliminates anxiety and mellows me out. The days that I need to be a little more perked up however, I'll skip the Ashwagandha and just use Rhodiola.
  37. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    So you think I could run the Gaia Rhodiola and still feel it? Suggested does on bottle is 2 per day...
    I've tried both the Gaia Herbs and Eclectic Institute brands (albeit, only for a week) and definitely prefer Gaia. Both work but due to their dosage differences, seem to have different affects. The Gaia Herbs brand seems to eliminate my exhaustion (with maybe a slight boost in energy) and improves my mood. The Eclectic Institute brand seemed to improve my mood even more but also made me a little tired (I'm guessing because it increased my serotonin levels more). Since I only took it for a week, there's a chance the tiredness would have gone away. However, I've enjoyed the Gaia brand so much in the past that I decided to just go back to that (only decided to try the Eclectic brand because it was cheaper and also had good reviews). I stick with one capsule (120 mg) in the morning and one in the early afternoon. That seems to work perfect. I did try a couple times taking two capsules in the morning but it seemed to increase my anxiety slightly. So, I just stay with one capsule at a time now. As a side note, I contacted Gaia about the salidrosides content of their rhodiola and was told even though they don't mention it on the bottle that they do test for it and the average content is 1.8% (or 4.3 mg per 2 capsules).
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Even if I didn't care for their rhodiola (which I do prefer), the way that Gaia responds and is open with their processes and communication makes them a winner in my book. Based on that alone, I would recommend their products to others.

Also, I agree with all of you on ashwaganda. It is a nice, subtle supplement. I do like it, but found that my anxiolytic stack is perfect for me without it, so I keep the cost factor down.
  39. New Member

Has anyone tried stacking ginkgo with rhodiola? I'm thinking I might need something to help with circulation (as long as I can remember I've had very cold hands and even a blue tint or coloring to my finger nails)?
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    I just wanted to share my experience recently after receiving and running ashwagandha and relora for the past month or two. I picked these up to help me relax before bed and sleep through the night. I have found that they really help me wind down before bed, especially helping clear my mind so I am not thinking about a million things while I am trying to get to sleep. I also picked up some melatonin. I take the relora and ashwagandha 1-3 hours before bed (average about 1.5), and I take the melatonin 30-45 min before bed. The ashwagandha and relora clear my mind and relax me, then the melatonin knocks me out. Even if I wake up to take a piss or something I am always back asleep really fast when I get back in bed. I initially had some trouble with the 3mg melatonin dose (crazy messed up vivid dreams), but I got used to it after using half doses for a few weeks first. I haven't needed any sleep aides since I started taking these and I can't recommend this combo enough. It has helped my sleep quality and quantity more than anything else I have tried, including prescription benzos.

Also, I don't know if this is due to the relora and/or ashwagandha, but I have also been pretty lax with my diet since ending a log I was doing a month ago, but I still look the same way I did at the end of my log (maybe slightly less vascular since I am not taking ABE or ArA anymore, which both help with vascularity, but even that is a small difference), and I am still just as solid. The only other things that could explain it are ABE/ArA afterglow (this is definitely a real thing and I love it, but it has never kept me this lean while drinking and eating a modest amount of junk food), and continuing to dose berberine maybe once per day, which has never had this big of an effect in the past and is generally pretty mild.

Overall I am thrilled with these products. I was hesitant at first because I didn't know if they would work well dosed only once per day for sleep, but they definitely do work very well. I bought some ashwagandha bulk powder to use when the pills run out, and will definitely be buying relora again when that runs out as well. Now, all I have to do is research how often I need to take a break from these things (if ever). If anyone has trouble sleeping, I recommend giving this a try.

Best,
    Tyler

Definitely agree on this stack. Relora + Forskohlin + Ashwagandha is one of my favorites and definitely seems to have a leaning effect(even Relora by itself)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. mixing adaptogens, good or bad?
    By comacho in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 10:37 PM
  2. is this a safe mixture of adaptogens
    By andrew732 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:49 PM
  3. Adaptogens
    By 4CraveEnergyD in forum Supplements