Adaptogens?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In the beginning it deff had a kick and really boosted mood, PES yohimbe extract sits well with me soo ive never had issues. I think it wont be overly stimulating for you if you had a cap in the absence of other stims. deff start off at the lowest dose and assess.
Right on. I'm anxious to start my cut but have to get a few other things lined up and set before I start. Thanks.

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
I've found rauwolscine to stack well with rhodiola & caffeine, can anyone suggest any additional stims that go well with rhodiola?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I'm on Bacopa now, what do you think would combine with it better relora or ashawaghanda for relaxation in the evening and better sleep?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is something you may need to figure out by trial and error. Ashwagandha gives me energy and if I take too late in the day, I do not sleep. But it relaxes my mind. Relora does nothing but give me a headache. If you read up, it is about 50/50 on the effects people get from ashwagandha.

klind14

Awards
Does bacopa need to be taken with food? I thought I read somewhere that it might be fat soluble. I'm thinking about buying it in bulk and just mixing it with the bulk agmatine I recently bought (which I'm taking on an empty stomach).

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does bacopa need to be taken with food? I thought I read somewhere that it might be fat soluble. I'm thinking about buying it in bulk and just mixing it with the bulk agmatine I recently bought (which I'm taking on an empty stomach).
Take your bacopa with food.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
As synapsin said, taking it with food can reduce GI issues if you get them (many people don't). Nothing to do with solubility though

tristen22001

Awards
Anyone know about the possibility of bacopa decreasing fertility? Any truth to this? Trying to decide if I should stop taking it when my wife and I plan for an addition to our family in the very near future.

klind14

Awards
I've been reading up on cordyceps lately and it seems like a pretty good adaptogen (as mentioned in a couple posts in this thread). It seems to increase levels of both dopamine and noradrenaline. For anyone that has used this adaptogen, what affects did you notice taking it and what product/dose did you use?

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I don't take mine with food and it makes no difference.
I tried this and wasn't quite sure if I was getting anything off it. I tried doses ranging from 100-1000mg. Do you find the effects are noticeable from the first dose (I know there is a build-up but I expected something)? I have 20-percent bulk powder from a 'smart' retailer if that makes a difference.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed a few days of build up, but it is generally pretty fast.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AdrenoSurge is up on NP now, the intro sale hasn't gone live yet but the product page is up.

I'll try to keep you guys updated on it when I get more info on the sale.

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
AdrenoSurge is up on NP now, the intro sale hasn't gone live yet but the product page is up.

This product looks good.
Hoping the intro sale will be great so I can grab a couple bottles.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to see some logs, it sounds very promising and am def interested.

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established

I can't wait for this to go live! I've been waiting for this product instead of buying bulk ingredients for a month or two

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, the justification for bovine extract in AdrenoSurge is basically, "I dunno, we had some laying around."
It's been around for 80+ years and there's no published data on it? Solid inclusion.
Ummm, Ok?

I don't recall seeing that anywhere, must be my reading comprehension. You see, I actually read things that are there. As opposed to seeing one thing and reading a different thing entirely.

Here's a novel idea! Maybe we should try the product first before trying to bash it for no good reason. Especially since it's formulated by one of the best in the industry, and I can guarantee he put it in there for a good reason.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
My apologies for the snarky critique - I honestly didn't intend to offend. BPS makes good products at good prices, so the explanation is confusing.

"While the basis for this extract is largely based on volumes of feedback from functional medicine practitioners versus published data"
A host of studies are listed for every other ingredient. Not that this product is expensive, or adrenal extract is, but one would think you'd save a couple pennies by leaving out an ingredient of dubious utility. Even the inclusion of ingredients like tribulus, for example, in supplements is based mostly on anecdotal evidence from what I've seen, but at least there's supporting studies for it. They indicate that someone somewhere reported that it did something, but nobody actually knows what or how - compounding the confusion further would be combined feedback from dessicated gland and a variety of extracts. While I doubt it's harmful as some websites seem to indicate, I've found it to be useless for me and think it waters down a product full of thoroughly researched ingredients. I simply don't get the impression the product would be any less effective without the adrenal extract without knowing more about it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My apologies for the snarky critique - I honestly didn't intend to offend. BPS makes good products at good prices, so the explanation is confusing.

"While the basis for this extract is largely based on volumes of feedback from functional medicine practitioners versus published data"
A host of studies are listed for every other ingredient. Not that this product is expensive, or adrenal extract is, but one would think you'd save a couple pennies by leaving out an ingredient of dubious utility. Even the inclusion of ingredients like tribulus, for example, in supplements is based mostly on anecdotal evidence from what I've seen, but at least there's supporting studies for it. They indicate that someone somewhere reported that it did something, but nobody actually knows what or how - compounding the confusion further would be combined feedback from dessicated gland and a variety of extracts. While I doubt it's harmful as some websites seem to indicate, I've found it to be useless for me and think it waters down a product full of thoroughly researched ingredients. I simply don't get the impression the product would be any less effective without the adrenal extract without knowing more about it.
I can't pretend to know all of the reasons why Matt put the product together the way he did.

But, I do know that if it is in there it is because he believes it to have a positive effect in the formula. If anyone is skeptical, I urge them to head to this thread:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/251505-bps-needs-2-a.html

And put in an application to log it, and then make their own decisions afterwards.

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
i want it meow but just 4th is in two weeks. I am going to try and hold back so I dont have to pay shipping twice!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 24
Supplements 31
Supplements 6
Nootropics 12
halljo Supplements 12