Adaptogens?

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    i just read that it is the most popular adaptogen
    I took it a few years ago it was in my centrum performance vitamin. I can say that it gave me a nice little energy boost but this was before i ever took any supplements.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    i just read that it is the most popular adaptogen
    That is one of the reasons it is in my stack.

    I can recommend:

    Relora
    Bacopa
    5-HTP
    Rhodiola
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    That is one of the reasons it is in my stack.

    I can recommend:

    Relora
    Bacopa
    5-HTP
    Rhodiola
    never heard of the first 2, will look into them
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  4. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    never heard of the first 2, will look into them
    I got some relora on the way now based on user reviews and can't wait to try it. Someone recommended stacking with ashwaganda for a great sleep stack, but I forgot who. I ordered both because of that, though, to keep me down through the night

  5. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Oh man that looks awesome. Plus it has gaba which i really like and 5htp in it (haven't tried 5htp but everyone loves it) and it is discounted to like 19 bucks right now...wish this thread got made last week . I wish this thread got made a week ago, haha.

    Any idea how the NOW ashwaganda stacks up? I read somewhere about what the ideal percentage is and I think it's what is in Abyss, but not sure how NOW compares.

    Either way I have those and melatonin on the way and a tub of GABA here so hopefully I can get some Zs from those.

    Honestly I never thought about Alpha T2. I haven't been too interested in thermos as it is like a freakin rain forest here and I am constantly sweating too much (also diet control is the main thing I have trouble with so even with a thermo I might not see much), but it looks pretty interesting. I like the lack of stims as I never like the idea of loading up on stims for weight loss. Does it affect mood and well-being?

    Thanks!
    Tyler

    You have a label for the NOW product you bought (or link)?

    Bacopa is definetely one of the premier adaptogens IMO. I do feel it gives me a nice calm and stress relief benefit. Bacopa combined with the SA2-A extract in Alpha T2 does seem to have a mood boosting effect.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    You have a label for the NOW product you bought (or link)?

    Bacopa is definetely one of the premier adaptogens IMO. I do feel it gives me a nice calm and stress relief benefit. Bacopa combined with the SA2-A extract in Alpha T2 does seem to have a mood boosting effect.
    Awesome; that might be something to look into in the future (definitely a winter-only supp though ).

    I only have the NOW label from the NP website that claims to be 4.5%, but I have heard of people getting bottles that were standardized to 2.5%. Here is the link: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...a-90-caps.html . How does that look?

    Thanks!
    Tyler

  7. NOW brand Relora, Ashwagandha, and Rhodiola are all great and generally better priced than most other brands. NOW is always legit. There are certainly higher percentage extracts out there, but when I'm curious about an herb I start with NOW.

    Relora is great stuff although I don't think it is an adaptogen per se. MOA is supposedly somewhat valium-ish, upregulating GABA with one abstract claiming it boosts DHEA levels. I don't know how it works exactly, I just love it, lol.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Awesome; that might be something to look into in the future (definitely a winter-only supp though ).

    I only have the NOW label from the NP website that claims to be 4.5%, but I have heard of people getting bottles that were standardized to 2.5%. Here is the link: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...a-90-caps.html . How does that look?

    Thanks!
    Tyler
    That is probably fine. After I looked I honestly wasn't sure what standardization percent is even best. I usually just use Sensoril, but I use NOW for other ingredients quite often.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    NOW brand Relora, Ashwagandha, and Rhodiola are all great and generally better priced than most other brands. NOW is always legit. There are certainly higher percentage extracts out there, but when I'm curious about an herb I start with NOW.

    Relora is great stuff although I don't think it is an adaptogen per se. MOA is supposedly somewhat valium-ish, upregulating GABA with one abstract claiming it boosts DHEA levels. I don't know how it works exactly, I just love it, lol.
    Really interesting info right there, thanks! So do you feel relora from single doses used when necessary like benzos? Same question for ashwaganda actually? Do either need to be taken daily?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

    That is probably fine. After I looked I honestly wasn't sure what standardization percent is even best. I usually just use Sensoril, but I use NOW for other ingredients quite often.
    I think sensoril is standardized to 8%, but it is also standardized for 2 different compounds that NOW doesn't list. I figure I laways like NOW brand stuff. Not always the most potent extracts but always consistent and good quality. Thanks man!

  11. Yaaa! Well FWIW I would take it daily. I am hitting some pretty big doses right now with Bioforge and Abyss UP combined.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  12. I love Rhodiola, but over the years, I have noticed that there is a big difference in brands and not just the ratios they use. One 500mg 3:1 brand can make me really lazy and another brands 250 can make me bonkers with energy. The brands I have had the best luck with have been Gaia, Eclectic Institute, and Solgar.

  13. Since I have actual time off this fall, I'll try to bring the sexy back as far as research goes...

    http://http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/7/5/421.pdf

    http://cms.herbalgram.org/herbalgram...f241bc9c9a5316

    And yes, some of those studies kinda suck, but I try to look at the big picture.

    In general, smaller doses of RR will increase energy/alertness while larger doses are sedating. What those "doses" are is dependent upon the extract percentages, extract ratios and individual sensitivities. It took me quite a while to pin down what brand and dose to use for my purposes..but bottom line is that RR works and is fairly well researched for an herb.

  14. There is a definite bell curve. When I first started taking it, I assumed more was better because I needed a big boost and I took double the dose and within 45 minutes I fell asleep for 5 hours on the couch. I spent the next 5-6 hours in a lazy stupor. 100-250 at a 3:1 ratio is a sweet spot for me. Good natural energy, great stress response, and general heightened mood.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I love rhodiola especially pre workout

    On a diff note @VaughnTrue I tried dexaprine with the isopropyl octopamine. Legit 1 cap Saturday. Replacing my oep with it. Should be here Wednesday
    that's awesome! glad to hear you're enjoying it it truly is a beast.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

  16. I think the tough thing to handle with adaptogens is that their effects may take a month or two to manifest. And even then, it may be very subtle.

    I'm beginning my second month of BaCognize (the patented extract at 250mg three times per day), and I've yet to notice much. I don't feel any acute anxiety relief. I will wait until a later date to assess its affect on working memory.

    As for ashwagandha and rhodiola, I have a bottle of Sensoril that I'll be using sooner or later, and Matt will be releasing a product with a rhodiola rosea/rhodiola crenulata blend.

    It is along the lines of adaptogens (I guess it would be labeled under TCM), but I prefer magnolia extract/lemon balm extract for anxiolytic effects (Non-TCM or non-adaptogen, I like theanine for this purpose).
    EvoMuse

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Most of rhodiola's effects are actually chronic. Some are acute, e.g. the performance enhancement secondary to increased pain threshold. Others, like anti-fatigue/pro-mood effects, will take months to manifest.
    Good stuff. I figured most are after the performance enhancement which is why I recommended a dose pre.

    Any particular brand you trust for RR?

  18. Nobody for Cordyceps?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    NOW brand Relora, Ashwagandha, and Rhodiola are all great and generally better priced than most other brands. NOW is always legit. There are certainly higher percentage extracts out there, but when I'm curious about an herb I start with NOW.

    Relora is great stuff although I don't think it is an adaptogen per se. MOA is supposedly somewhat valium-ish, upregulating GABA with one abstract claiming it boosts DHEA levels. I don't know how it works exactly, I just love it, lol.
    I have found a product that is 400mg per cap standardized to 3% Rosavins and 4% Salidroside. Is this good?

    There's also the NOW Rhodiola?

    Or Jarrow Rhodiola (5% rosavins)?

  20. I don't care for the NOW brand. It is 500mg and they claim 3:1, but it is very ineffective imo.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Most of rhodiola's effects are actually chronic. Some are acute, e.g. the performance enhancement secondary to increased pain threshold. Others, like anti-fatigue/pro-mood effects, will take months to manifest.
    How is this determined? I don't find it to be true based on my own use and anyone I know that takes it. The fatigue and mood benefits are the first noticeable to most people in a matter of days.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    Nobody for Cordyceps?
    I have heard nothing but good things about cordyceps but I didn't think they were considered an adaptogen. I do have a bottle of bulk powder that I am hoping is good quality as I hear the quality of the extract is very important with cordyceps. Cordygen gets nothing but great reviews and is cheap. I mostly hear that it's effects are related to endurance, so I am not sure how much of a boost they would give you in your day-to-day life (although I should have a good idea within the next few months).

  23. Quote Originally Posted by xhrr View Post
    Good stuff. I figured most are after the performance enhancement which is why I recommended a dose pre.

    Any particular brand you trust for RR?
    I use smartpowders bulk powder. Tastes awful but lasts forever

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    How is this determined? I don't find it to be true based on my own use and anyone I know that takes it. The fatigue and mood benefits are the first noticeable to most people in a matter of days.
    Determined based on scientific evidence. Especially with bacopa and rhodiola. Ashwaghanda produces more acute effects.

  24. I know I might get flamed for this, but no one has mentioned Ecdy or Turk.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    I know I might get flamed for this, but no one has mentioned Ecdy or Turk.
    That's because they're worthless.
    Olympus Labs (Use my code "Synapsin30" for 30% off all OL products)
    https://www.instagram.com/doctorolympus
    My podcast: http://bit.do/c6teW (itunes) / http://bit.do/c6teR (soundcloud)
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. mixing adaptogens, good or bad?
    By comacho in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 11:37 PM
  2. is this a safe mixture of adaptogens
    By andrew732 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 12:49 AM
  3. Adaptogens
    By 4CraveEnergyD in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
  4. Adaptogen
    By Patriot in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Log in
Log in