Favorite BCAA powder?

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I just ordered Compete. I am also expecting a couple tubs of BCAA + SAA can't wait to see how they taste and work.
    SAA ftw!!! Wish they were a little cheaper though. Are there any other SAAs besides Blox?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    SAA ftw!!! Wish they were a little cheaper though. Are there any other SAAs besides Blox?
    FINAFLEX has come out with a BCAA and SAA one which is what I mentioned earlier. BCAA+SAA

Right now they have a deal where you get some free FINAFLEX Stereo Head Phones. Check it out Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) BCAA+SAA + FREE FinaFlex Headphones (BOGO): Discount BCAA+SAA + FREE FinaFlex Headphones Supplements
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

3. Damn that's pretty cheap compared to Blox! I might look into that!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Damn that's pretty cheap compared to Blox! I might look into that!
    The formulators put basically exactly how many SAA as thought to be needed for the best results and no more, this was in an effort to keep costs down. The BCAA's are there in a higher concentration to add more anabolism and protein synthesis. So you get the benefits touted for SAA with the lower cost benefit of the BCAA.
    Current Training Log -

5. Tried Recoverpro today. It never really mixed in. Even shook the crap out of it and let it sit for over an hour. But it tasted ok as is.

Would love to find a decent priced bulk EAA product.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by actionhero View Post
    Tried Recoverpro today. It never really mixed in. Even shook the crap out of it and let it sit for over an hour. But it tasted ok as is.

Purple wraarh tastes like sh!t but is a solid overall product if you're looking for EAA
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

7. Quote Originally Posted by actionhero View Post
    Tried Recoverpro today. It never really mixed in. Even shook the crap out of it and let it sit for over an hour. But it tasted ok as is.

Purple Wraath bro!! EAA (including BCAAs), beta alanine, citrulline malate, L norvaline, 90 full servings, $55 on amazon, grape tastes like crap, go with the lemonade

8. I'd generally go for leucine-rich BCAA mixtures. Avoid SAAs if possible due to cost and no evidence save for one very flawed study.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I'd generally go for leucine-rich BCAA mixtures. Avoid SAAs if possible due to cost and no evidence save for one very flawed study.
    From personal experience I can say Blox (SAAs) was awesome! I don't give a crap about medical studies, I only go by experience and reviews from other people. I do what works for me and SAAs definitely better! At least for muscle endurance and lack of fatigue.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    From personal experience I can say Blox (SAAs) was awesome! I don't give a crap about medical studies, I only go by experience and reviews from other people. I do what works for me and SAAs definitely better! At least for muscle endurance and lack of fatigue.

AGREED!! F*CK MEDICAL STUDIES THAT PROVE STUFF CORRECT!!!!!

Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

11. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

If you read what the guy above me said, the study about SAAs is flawed. I can say that I agree with him and I know that many medical studies are flawed. You go by what works for you and what other people who have experience with a product say! SAAs will not turn you into superman like the study basically suggests, buy they will make your workouts a hell of a lot better

12. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    From personal experience I can say Blox (SAAs) was awesome! I don't give a crap about medical studies, I only go by experience and reviews from other people.
    That's the spirit....

13. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

That's the spirit....
    Lol
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

14. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    If you read what the guy above me said, the study about SAAs is flawed. I can say that I agree with him and I know that many medical studies are flawed. You go by what works for you and what other people who have experience with a product say! SAAs will not turn you into superman like the study basically suggests, buy they will make your workouts a hell of a lot better
    SAAs are likely making you more energetic because they can be directly metabolized for energy via gluconeogenesis. However, I won't rule out that there may be something at play when taking some amino acids in a specific ratio, though again, it is unlikely.

15. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

That's the spirit....
    Well I mean, with all the flawed studies out there you can't really trust them! All you can do basically when looking for supplements is look at the ingredients, read reviews, talk to other people that take or have taken certain supplements, or if you're daring, try new products when they come out and hope for the best! If they work, great, if they don't they don't, stop using them and let people know they don't work!

16. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

SAAs are likely making you more energetic because they can be directly metabolized for energy via gluconeogenesis. However, I won't rule out that there may be something at play when taking some amino acids in a specific ratio, though again, it is unlikely.
    Well, I mean people seem to like modern BCAA and it is an 8:1:1 ratio as opposed to others that are 2:1:1 or 4:1:1, so it's possible that ratio may have something to do with it. You never know. But you're right it is unlikely considering it is Leucine that has the most effect and obviously modern BCAA would have more leucine than others with that ratio. So it is more the amount of one amino as opposed to the ratio itself . So basically, I think SAAs definitely have some beneficial effect that many other products don't have, but that rratio thing is BS

17. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    That's the spirit....
    ROFLMAO
    Freedom means nothing here.

18. Quote Originally Posted by actionhero View Post
    Tried Recoverpro today. It never really mixed in. Even shook the crap out of it and let it sit for over an hour. But it tasted ok as is.Would love to find a decent priced bulk EAA product.
    BCAA's like recoverpro that don't mix very well, I mix up in warm water and then let it sit for a bit. It will usually mix in then. Kinda a pain if you're in a hurry though. My favorite is probably Axis Labs N'Gage because it mixes instantly with no problems and tastes great.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

19. Yeah the high leucine content of RecoverPro makes for a bunch of luecine floaties but it mixes pretty good for not being instantized. If you put it in cold water in a shaker and shake it up then wait 5 minutes or so and shake it again it normally gets rid of them.
    Current Training Log -

20. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

Lol

21. How's Inner® Armour BCAA Peak blue rasberry for $10.97 for the first tub and $5.48 for the second tub?

22. I use HumaPro for my EAA and Chain'D Out for my BCAA.

Every morning I consume 1 scoop of HumaPro, 1 scoop of Chain'D Out and 2 scoops Alphamine..

23. Thanks, I'll check them out.

24. What do you look for in a BCAA supplement? what amino acids and what quantity per serving? I notice they tend to be L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-isoleucine. Some include others. Is the quantity user weight dependent?

25. Most supplement studies are severely flawed. They contain a few hundred participants, are done quickly (less than 2 years) and are thin micro analysis's at best. With that being said, things that have worked for many years in the sport (bcaas) are probably the best.

26. Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post
    Most supplement studies are severely flawed. They contain a few hundred participants, are done quickly (less than 2 years) and are thin micro analysis's at best. With that being said, things that have worked for many years in the sport (bcaas) are probably the best.
    No, they actually contain far less than a few hundred participants, which would have been ideal.

27. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    What do you look for in a BCAA supplement? what amino acids and what quantity per serving? I notice they tend to be L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-isoleucine. Some include others. Is the quantity user weight dependent?
    Shoot for about 4-5g leucine in a single bolus.

28. BCAA consist of Leucine IsoLeucine and Valine. TRhe most important being Leucine. when you see a ratio it is the Leucine first followed by the other two. Such as 3:1:1. If leucine is doseded at 6g then Iso and Valine would be 2g.

I personally use BCAA different when cutting compared to bulking. With cutting I drink three times a day, when bulking I eat so much I usually take first thing in the am while I get ready and drive to work before I eat my first meal which is as soon as I get there and then intra workout.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

29. Quote Originally Posted by HITFrank View Post
    I use HumaPro for my EAA and Chain'D Out for my BCAA.

Every morning I consume 1 scoop of HumaPro, 1 scoop of Chain'D Out and 2 scoops Alphamine..
    Damn bro you are spending some money on dem der Amino's. HumPro, which I am a huge fan of for cutting is very expensive. However, it provides the equivelent of 24g of protein without the calories. Keeps those muscle fed.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  30. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    Damn bro you are spending some money on dem der Amino's. HumPro, which I am a huge fan of for cutting is very expensive. However, it provides the equivelent of 24g of protein without the calories. Keeps those muscle fed.
    Amino Acid = Protein
    Protein = Calories
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who's your favorite protein powder maker????
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplements
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
  2. Need To Fix Your BCAA Powder Price!
    By TheMyth in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 02:15 PM
  3. Need To Fix Your BCAA Powder Price!
    By TheMyth in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 02:11 PM