Favorite BCAA powder?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  202 lbs.

How's Inner® Armour BCAA Peak blue rasberry for $10.97 for the first tub and $5.48 for the second tub?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

I use HumaPro for my EAA and Chain'D Out for my BCAA.

Every morning I consume 1 scoop of HumaPro, 1 scoop of Chain'D Out and 2 scoops Alphamine..
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  202 lbs.

Thanks, I'll check them out.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  171 lbs.

What do you look for in a BCAA supplement? what amino acids and what quantity per serving? I notice they tend to be L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-isoleucine. Some include others. Is the quantity user weight dependent?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Most supplement studies are severely flawed. They contain a few hundred participants, are done quickly (less than 2 years) and are thin micro analysis's at best. With that being said, things that have worked for many years in the sport (bcaas) are probably the best.
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post
    Most supplement studies are severely flawed. They contain a few hundred participants, are done quickly (less than 2 years) and are thin micro analysis's at best. With that being said, things that have worked for many years in the sport (bcaas) are probably the best.
    No, they actually contain far less than a few hundred participants, which would have been ideal.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    What do you look for in a BCAA supplement? what amino acids and what quantity per serving? I notice they tend to be L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-isoleucine. Some include others. Is the quantity user weight dependent?
    Shoot for about 4-5g leucine in a single bolus.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

BCAA consist of Leucine IsoLeucine and Valine. TRhe most important being Leucine. when you see a ratio it is the Leucine first followed by the other two. Such as 3:1:1. If leucine is doseded at 6g then Iso and Valine would be 2g.

I personally use BCAA different when cutting compared to bulking. With cutting I drink three times a day, when bulking I eat so much I usually take first thing in the am while I get ready and drive to work before I eat my first meal which is as soon as I get there and then intra workout.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HITFrank View Post
    I use HumaPro for my EAA and Chain'D Out for my BCAA.

Every morning I consume 1 scoop of HumaPro, 1 scoop of Chain'D Out and 2 scoops Alphamine..
    Damn bro you are spending some money on dem der Amino's. HumPro, which I am a huge fan of for cutting is very expensive. However, it provides the equivelent of 24g of protein without the calories. Keeps those muscle fed.
  10. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    Damn bro you are spending some money on dem der Amino's. HumPro, which I am a huge fan of for cutting is very expensive. However, it provides the equivelent of 24g of protein without the calories. Keeps those muscle fed.
    Amino Acid = Protein
    Protein = Calories
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Amino Acid = Protein
    Protein = Calories
    I know thats the norm, but this is not a complete protein. It's science over my head so heres the link to check out. I ve used this pre comp and cut down fast.

http://humapro.com/
  12. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

HumaPro®: HumaPro® is a protein matrix with a Net Nitrogen Utilization rate of 99:1. In short 99% is used purely as proteins to repair and increase protein mass (like muscle, soft tissues etc). In short if you eat a day’s supply of protein shakes, meats, eggs, foul etc., the stomach breaks down the bulk of it, then it goes into the intestinal track for further break down into amino acids, glucose and fat (protein does not have calories, by-products do) and the waste products of each. Next stop is the liver which further breaks down the protein chains and creates an amino acid ratio (matrix) meant for the human body. In short, the end result is what is left over with the waste removed (then the waste sent to the toilet or deposited around your waist)…what is left over with the waste removed is HumaPro®. It allows the body to focus upon other processes like health, recovery and growth rather than detoxification and screwed up body compositioning. Oh, and its 100% pre-digested. 1g of HumaPro® is equal to 5.6g of pharma-quality whey isolate. But without the 4.6g loss to waste and waist.

As great as that sounds, is there any clinical reference to support these claims? I'm not arguing with you. I just question the validity of this manufacture's claims without reference.
  13. Registered User

There was a huge argument on a UK forum when ALRI offered HumaPro as a sponsored logging opportunity regarding those claims.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Shoot for about 4-5g leucine in a single bolus.
    Mr. Cooper, I read in a bb forum that you like Power Shock. I am wondering what your opinion is on amino acid nitrates. I'm wondering if the nitrate moiety does something other than acting as a donor to the amino acid. If it just acts as a donor, would it increase the bioavailability? Or would something like 'leucine nitrate' just seperate molecules to allow leucine to do it's thing and the nitrate to go do it's thing?
    Freedom means nothing here.
  15. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    There was a huge argument on a UK forum when ALRI offered HumaPro as a sponsored logging opportunity regarding those claims.
    I cannot image how any of these claims can be substantiated outside a clinical/physiological testings environment. This is quite beyond anecdotal or even regular laymen analytical assessment or sponsor logging. Neither of which can tell me what is taking place in my digestive/intestinal bio/physio process. The things he (Author) is claiming can only be validated or quantified in a clinical laboratory environment IMHO. Hence - reference?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

With creatine nitrate, I love the vascularity it provides at 1 gram of it. 1 gram seems to be the standard. I know that the vasodialation is from the nitrates.

With a product I just saw from App Nut called 'NO Uptake', I noticed the 'leucine nitrate' as part of the proprietary blend. An amino acid nitrate in the proper amount, would alone give a really great pump and great vascularity, let alone any of the other ingredients.

I'm also wondering if there's a reason why they chose 'leucine nitrate' over something else that's gotten great user feedback like 'creatine nitrate', or maybe something else like arginine nitrate or citrulline nitrate? Is it because they could be the first to use the designer 'nitrate' of 'leucine nitrate', but it really doesn't matter?
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Mr. Cooper, I read in a bb forum that you like Power Shock. I am wondering what your opinion is on amino acid nitrates. I'm wondering if the nitrate moiety does something other than acting as a donor to the amino acid. If it just acts as a donor, would it increase the bioavailability? Or would something like 'leucine nitrate' just seperate molecules to allow leucine to do it's thing and the nitrate to go do it's thing?
    Nah, it doesn't increase the bioavailability of the amino acid (which is near 100% anyway). But the nitrate obviously has performance enhancing effects.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Nah, it doesn't increase the bioavailability of the amino acid (which is near 100% anyway). But the nitrate obviously has performance enhancing effects.
    Thanks, Coop. It didn't seem like it would do much more than that, just checking with you.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

I've been using Amino1 by MP. It taste amazing and I feel it has been helping me a lot with recovery. I have the fruit punch and also some orange mago that I have yet to try. Anyone else tried this product before?
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

I was curious on MP Amino1 as well, haven't seen much review about it...
  21. Registered User

I've been using RSP nutrition ReGen for a few weeks. Seems like a solid product.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

I like usplabs modern bcaa fruit punch
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    Always a good choice! Pure, simple, instantanized.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I'm still shopping around. Even then I debate on either BCAA's or just full amino profiles on which I prefer.
    I like recoverpro - solid option. Great recovery and nice extension to my lifts. Just not very miscible.
    I've only used the old Xtend formula. Another good option nonetheless.
    Universal Aminos - garbage.
    Bev. Int. Liver 40 - amazing. High quality, great energy, keeps me looking/feeling full bodied. Pricey but worth it.
    Intra BCAA's - not bad but i dont like all the unrefined sugar that sits at the bottem when I mix it. the citrulline malate is a nice touch.

Right now I'm using the Liver 40. I train fasted so this is a nice buffer till I get my post workout nutrition in.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  25. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'm still shopping around. Even then I debate on either BCAA's or just full amino profiles on which I prefer.
    I like recoverpro - solid option. Great recovery and nice extension to my lifts. Just not very miscible.
    I've only used the old Xtend formula. Another good option nonetheless.
    Universal Aminos - garbage.
    Bev. Int. Liver 40 - amazing. High quality, great energy, keeps me looking/feeling full bodied. Pricey but worth it.
    Intra BCAA's - not bad but i dont like all the unrefined sugar that sits at the bottem when I mix it. the citrulline malate is a nice touch.

Right now I'm using the Liver 40. I train fasted so this is a nice buffer till I get my post workout nutrition in.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Purple wraath bro

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  258 lbs.

Do you guys benefit from BCAA/EAA when on a calorie surplus? I have taken from 10g BCAA to 50g BCAA with my diet being 1.5g per lb of BW for protein I haven't noticing a damn thing being on AA's and off Aminos.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sina View Post
    Do you guys benefit from BCAA/EAA when on a calorie surplus? I have taken from 10g BCAA to 50g BCAA with my diet being 1.5g per lb of BW for protein I haven't noticing a damn thing being on AA's and off Aminos.
    if you actually get 1.5g of pro and bulking you really shouldnt need to use aminos.
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  28. Registered User

I tried a sample of Aminocore by Allmax a few days ago and I was impressed by the way it
    mixed up no foam or anything left on the sides of the shaker cup, once it's shaken you don't
    need to shake it again and it tasted pretty good it was fruit punch but honestly it tasted like
    watermelon but I didn't mind I like watermelon the only bad thing about it is the price $69.99.
    If I catch a sale on this one I will snatch it up.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sina View Post
    Your level are probably pretty high with your protein intake.

What specifically were you wanting to notice?
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    if you actually get 1.5g of pro and bulking you really shouldnt need to use aminos.
    Agreed. My belief is its better suited for preservation of lean mass and prevention of fatigue while in a hypocaloric state. For those who like to train fasted it would then have benefit. On a bulk, maybe a full amino profile like Liver40 will help you add some more building blocks to each meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Purple wraath bro -Chris EBF RepMobile App
    Tell me more.

-OS-Team Appnut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Agreed. My belief is its better suited for preservation of lean mass and prevention of fatigue while in a hypocaloric state. For those who like to train fasted it would then have benefit. On a bulk, maybe a full amino profile like Liver40 will help you add some more building blocks to each meal.Tell me more.-OS-Team Appnut

agreed. I also believe that they are well suited for those who train intensley for long periods of time. such as over 1.5 hrs. You should then sip on BCAA intra workout.
  32. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Has 7g of EAA, beta alanine, norvaline, ginger extract.

Comprehensive at 2 scoops bro as an intra

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  33. Registered User

That's my favorite fruit punch flavored product. Not too strong in taste. Awesome product overall too
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I like USPowders Bulk Modern BCAA . $30 for 100 servings its so cheap and tastes good
  35. Registered User

Thank you for the support!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  36. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by newbreed View Post
    That's my favorite fruit punch flavored product. Not too strong in taste. Awesome product overall too
    Tasty and effective. A powerful combination. Thank you for your support!
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  37. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlexErdellan View Post
    I like USPowders Bulk Modern BCAA . $30 for 100 servings its so cheap and tastes good
    Unmatched value-for-money. Thumbs up!
  38. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Modern BCAA is still good, just missing the extra goodies

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Modern BCAA is still good, just missing the extra goodies

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    If you take a preworkout anyway, which id imagine most do, there is no need for the extra goodies!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
  40. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post

If you take a preworkout anyway, which id imagine most do, there is no need for the extra goodies!
    I feel like micronized creatine and beta alanine during training in my bcaa (I'm out of PW) works great

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. BCAA Powder Won't Mix
    By MoneyAddyct in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 09:39 AM
  2. Who's your favorite protein powder maker????
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplements
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Need To Fix Your BCAA Powder Price!
    By TheMyth in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
  4. Need To Fix Your BCAA Powder Price!
    By TheMyth in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 12:11 PM