Favorite BCAA powder?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    rhgunner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    5475

    How's Inner® Armour BCAA Peak blue rasberry for $10.97 for the first tub and $5.48 for the second tub?

  2. Registered User
    HITFrank's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    2389

    I use HumaPro for my EAA and Chain'D Out for my BCAA.

    Every morning I consume 1 scoop of HumaPro, 1 scoop of Chain'D Out and 2 scoops Alphamine..
  3. Registered User
    rhgunner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    5475

    Thanks, I'll check them out.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    UCSMiami's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Age
    49
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    2092

    What do you look for in a BCAA supplement? what amino acids and what quantity per serving? I notice they tend to be L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-isoleucine. Some include others. Is the quantity user weight dependent?
  5. Registered User
    av6258's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    19264

    Most supplement studies are severely flawed. They contain a few hundred participants, are done quickly (less than 2 years) and are thin micro analysis's at best. With that being said, things that have worked for many years in the sport (bcaas) are probably the best.
  6. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,440
    Rep Power
    5913431

    Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post
    Most supplement studies are severely flawed. They contain a few hundred participants, are done quickly (less than 2 years) and are thin micro analysis's at best. With that being said, things that have worked for many years in the sport (bcaas) are probably the best.
    No, they actually contain far less than a few hundred participants, which would have been ideal.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,440
    Rep Power
    5913431

    Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    What do you look for in a BCAA supplement? what amino acids and what quantity per serving? I notice they tend to be L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-isoleucine. Some include others. Is the quantity user weight dependent?
    Shoot for about 4-5g leucine in a single bolus.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Registered User
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389583

    BCAA consist of Leucine IsoLeucine and Valine. TRhe most important being Leucine. when you see a ratio it is the Leucine first followed by the other two. Such as 3:1:1. If leucine is doseded at 6g then Iso and Valine would be 2g.

    I personally use BCAA different when cutting compared to bulking. With cutting I drink three times a day, when bulking I eat so much I usually take first thing in the am while I get ready and drive to work before I eat my first meal which is as soon as I get there and then intra workout.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  9. Registered User
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389583

    Quote Originally Posted by HITFrank View Post
    I use HumaPro for my EAA and Chain'D Out for my BCAA.

    Every morning I consume 1 scoop of HumaPro, 1 scoop of Chain'D Out and 2 scoops Alphamine..
    Damn bro you are spending some money on dem der Amino's. HumPro, which I am a huge fan of for cutting is very expensive. However, it provides the equivelent of 24g of protein without the calories. Keeps those muscle fed.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  10. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Rep Power
    949536

    Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    Damn bro you are spending some money on dem der Amino's. HumPro, which I am a huge fan of for cutting is very expensive. However, it provides the equivelent of 24g of protein without the calories. Keeps those muscle fed.
    Amino Acid = Protein
    Protein = Calories
  11. Registered User
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389583

    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Amino Acid = Protein
    Protein = Calories
    I know thats the norm, but this is not a complete protein. It's science over my head so heres the link to check out. I ve used this pre comp and cut down fast.

    http://humapro.com/
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  12. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Rep Power
    949536

    HumaPro®: HumaPro® is a protein matrix with a Net Nitrogen Utilization rate of 99:1. In short 99% is used purely as proteins to repair and increase protein mass (like muscle, soft tissues etc). In short if you eat a day’s supply of protein shakes, meats, eggs, foul etc., the stomach breaks down the bulk of it, then it goes into the intestinal track for further break down into amino acids, glucose and fat (protein does not have calories, by-products do) and the waste products of each. Next stop is the liver which further breaks down the protein chains and creates an amino acid ratio (matrix) meant for the human body. In short, the end result is what is left over with the waste removed (then the waste sent to the toilet or deposited around your waist)…what is left over with the waste removed is HumaPro®. It allows the body to focus upon other processes like health, recovery and growth rather than detoxification and screwed up body compositioning. Oh, and its 100% pre-digested. 1g of HumaPro® is equal to 5.6g of pharma-quality whey isolate. But without the 4.6g loss to waste and waist.

    As great as that sounds, is there any clinical reference to support these claims? I'm not arguing with you. I just question the validity of this manufacture's claims without reference.
  13. Registered User
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    10,153
    Rep Power
    10502186

    There was a huge argument on a UK forum when ALRI offered HumaPro as a sponsored logging opportunity regarding those claims.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  14. Registered User
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149920

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Shoot for about 4-5g leucine in a single bolus.
    Mr. Cooper, I read in a bb forum that you like Power Shock. I am wondering what your opinion is on amino acid nitrates. I'm wondering if the nitrate moiety does something other than acting as a donor to the amino acid. If it just acts as a donor, would it increase the bioavailability? Or would something like 'leucine nitrate' just seperate molecules to allow leucine to do it's thing and the nitrate to go do it's thing?
    Freedom means nothing here.
  15. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Rep Power
    949536

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    There was a huge argument on a UK forum when ALRI offered HumaPro as a sponsored logging opportunity regarding those claims.
    I cannot image how any of these claims can be substantiated outside a clinical/physiological testings environment. This is quite beyond anecdotal or even regular laymen analytical assessment or sponsor logging. Neither of which can tell me what is taking place in my digestive/intestinal bio/physio process. The things he (Author) is claiming can only be validated or quantified in a clinical laboratory environment IMHO. Hence - reference?
  16. Registered User
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149920

    With creatine nitrate, I love the vascularity it provides at 1 gram of it. 1 gram seems to be the standard. I know that the vasodialation is from the nitrates.

    With a product I just saw from App Nut called 'NO Uptake', I noticed the 'leucine nitrate' as part of the proprietary blend. An amino acid nitrate in the proper amount, would alone give a really great pump and great vascularity, let alone any of the other ingredients.

    I'm also wondering if there's a reason why they chose 'leucine nitrate' over something else that's gotten great user feedback like 'creatine nitrate', or maybe something else like arginine nitrate or citrulline nitrate? Is it because they could be the first to use the designer 'nitrate' of 'leucine nitrate', but it really doesn't matter?
    Freedom means nothing here.
  17. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,440
    Rep Power
    5913431

    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Mr. Cooper, I read in a bb forum that you like Power Shock. I am wondering what your opinion is on amino acid nitrates. I'm wondering if the nitrate moiety does something other than acting as a donor to the amino acid. If it just acts as a donor, would it increase the bioavailability? Or would something like 'leucine nitrate' just seperate molecules to allow leucine to do it's thing and the nitrate to go do it's thing?
    Nah, it doesn't increase the bioavailability of the amino acid (which is near 100% anyway). But the nitrate obviously has performance enhancing effects.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  18. Registered User
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149920

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Nah, it doesn't increase the bioavailability of the amino acid (which is near 100% anyway). But the nitrate obviously has performance enhancing effects.
    Thanks, Coop. It didn't seem like it would do much more than that, just checking with you.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  19. Registered User
    michaelxfc5's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    23
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    160225

    I've been using Amino1 by MP. It taste amazing and I feel it has been helping me a lot with recovery. I have the fruit punch and also some orange mago that I have yet to try. Anyone else tried this product before?
  20. Registered User
    squadx's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    76

    I was curious on MP Amino1 as well, haven't seen much review about it...
  21. Registered User
    rhino67jg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    380
    Rep Power
    174257

    I've been using RSP nutrition ReGen for a few weeks. Seems like a solid product.
  22. Registered User
    MIGUEL1J's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    BROOKLYN
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    289408

    I like usplabs modern bcaa fruit punch
  23. Registered User
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    27432

    Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    I like usplabs modern bcaa fruit punch
    Always a good choice! Pure, simple, instantanized.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
  24. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York NY
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251875

    I'm still shopping around. Even then I debate on either BCAA's or just full amino profiles on which I prefer.
    I like recoverpro - solid option. Great recovery and nice extension to my lifts. Just not very miscible.
    I've only used the old Xtend formula. Another good option nonetheless.
    Universal Aminos - garbage.
    Bev. Int. Liver 40 - amazing. High quality, great energy, keeps me looking/feeling full bodied. Pricey but worth it.
    Intra BCAA's - not bad but i dont like all the unrefined sugar that sits at the bottem when I mix it. the citrulline malate is a nice touch.

    Right now I'm using the Liver 40. I train fasted so this is a nice buffer till I get my post workout nutrition in.

    -OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  25. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,960
    Rep Power
    1838729

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'm still shopping around. Even then I debate on either BCAA's or just full amino profiles on which I prefer.
    I like recoverpro - solid option. Great recovery and nice extension to my lifts. Just not very miscible.
    I've only used the old Xtend formula. Another good option nonetheless.
    Universal Aminos - garbage.
    Bev. Int. Liver 40 - amazing. High quality, great energy, keeps me looking/feeling full bodied. Pricey but worth it.
    Intra BCAA's - not bad but i dont like all the unrefined sugar that sits at the bottem when I mix it. the citrulline malate is a nice touch.

    Right now I'm using the Liver 40. I train fasted so this is a nice buffer till I get my post workout nutrition in.

    -OS-Team AppNut
    Purple wraath bro

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  26. Registered User
    sina's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    42876

    Do you guys benefit from BCAA/EAA when on a calorie surplus? I have taken from 10g BCAA to 50g BCAA with my diet being 1.5g per lb of BW for protein I haven't noticing a damn thing being on AA's and off Aminos.
  27. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    goose creek, sc
    Posts
    9,341
    Rep Power
    2533509

    Quote Originally Posted by sina View Post
    Do you guys benefit from BCAA/EAA when on a calorie surplus? I have taken from 10g BCAA to 50g BCAA with my diet being 1.5g per lb of BW for protein I haven't noticing a damn thing being on AA's and off Aminos.
    if you actually get 1.5g of pro and bulking you really shouldnt need to use aminos.
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  28. Registered User
    totalpackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    136829

    I tried a sample of Aminocore by Allmax a few days ago and I was impressed by the way it
    mixed up no foam or anything left on the sides of the shaker cup, once it's shaken you don't
    need to shake it again and it tasted pretty good it was fruit punch but honestly it tasted like
    watermelon but I didn't mind I like watermelon the only bad thing about it is the price $69.99.
    If I catch a sale on this one I will snatch it up.
  29. Registered User
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389583

    Quote Originally Posted by sina View Post
    Do you guys benefit from BCAA/EAA when on a calorie surplus? I have taken from 10g BCAA to 50g BCAA with my diet being 1.5g per lb of BW for protein I haven't noticing a damn thing being on AA's and off Aminos.
    Your level are probably pretty high with your protein intake.

    What specifically were you wanting to notice?
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  30. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York NY
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251875

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    if you actually get 1.5g of pro and bulking you really shouldnt need to use aminos.
    Agreed. My belief is its better suited for preservation of lean mass and prevention of fatigue while in a hypocaloric state. For those who like to train fasted it would then have benefit. On a bulk, maybe a full amino profile like Liver40 will help you add some more building blocks to each meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Purple wraath bro -Chris EBF RepMobile App
    Tell me more.

    -OS-Team Appnut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  31. Registered User
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389583

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Agreed. My belief is its better suited for preservation of lean mass and prevention of fatigue while in a hypocaloric state. For those who like to train fasted it would then have benefit. On a bulk, maybe a full amino profile like Liver40 will help you add some more building blocks to each meal.Tell me more.-OS-Team Appnut

    agreed. I also believe that they are well suited for those who train intensley for long periods of time. such as over 1.5 hrs. You should then sip on BCAA intra workout.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  32. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,960
    Rep Power
    1838729

    Has 7g of EAA, beta alanine, norvaline, ginger extract.

    Comprehensive at 2 scoops bro as an intra

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  33. Registered User
    newbreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    37187

    Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    I like usplabs modern bcaa fruit punch
    That's my favorite fruit punch flavored product. Not too strong in taste. Awesome product overall too
  34. Registered User
    AlexErdellan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    115496

    I like USPowders Bulk Modern BCAA . $30 for 100 servings its so cheap and tastes good
  35. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    774633

    Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    I like usplabs modern bcaa fruit punch
    Thank you for the support!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  36. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    774633

    Quote Originally Posted by newbreed View Post
    That's my favorite fruit punch flavored product. Not too strong in taste. Awesome product overall too
    Tasty and effective. A powerful combination. Thank you for your support!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  37. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    774633

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexErdellan View Post
    I like USPowders Bulk Modern BCAA . $30 for 100 servings its so cheap and tastes good
    Unmatched value-for-money. Thumbs up!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  38. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,960
    Rep Power
    1838729

    Modern BCAA is still good, just missing the extra goodies

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  39. Registered User
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Age
    22
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    27432

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Modern BCAA is still good, just missing the extra goodies

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    If you take a preworkout anyway, which id imagine most do, there is no need for the extra goodies!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
  40. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,960
    Rep Power
    1838729

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post

    If you take a preworkout anyway, which id imagine most do, there is no need for the extra goodies!
    I feel like micronized creatine and beta alanine during training in my bcaa (I'm out of PW) works great

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BCAA Powder Won't Mix
    By MoneyAddyct in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 09:39 AM
  2. Who's your favorite protein powder maker????
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplements
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Need To Fix Your BCAA Powder Price!
    By TheMyth in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
  4. Need To Fix Your BCAA Powder Price!
    By TheMyth in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 12:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in