Favorite BCAA powder?

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I've been using RSP nutrition ReGen for a few weeks. Seems like a solid product.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I'm still shopping around. Even then I debate on either BCAA's or just full amino profiles on which I prefer.
I like recoverpro - solid option. Great recovery and nice extension to my lifts. Just not very miscible.
I've only used the old Xtend formula. Another good option nonetheless.
Universal Aminos - garbage.
Bev. Int. Liver 40 - amazing. High quality, great energy, keeps me looking/feeling full bodied. Pricey but worth it.
Intra BCAA's - not bad but i dont like all the unrefined sugar that sits at the bottem when I mix it. the citrulline malate is a nice touch.

Right now I'm using the Liver 40. I train fasted so this is a nice buffer till I get my post workout nutrition in.

-OS-Team AppNut

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm still shopping around. Even then I debate on either BCAA's or just full amino profiles on which I prefer.
I like recoverpro - solid option. Great recovery and nice extension to my lifts. Just not very miscible.
I've only used the old Xtend formula. Another good option nonetheless.
Universal Aminos - garbage.
Bev. Int. Liver 40 - amazing. High quality, great energy, keeps me looking/feeling full bodied. Pricey but worth it.
Intra BCAA's - not bad but i dont like all the unrefined sugar that sits at the bottem when I mix it. the citrulline malate is a nice touch.

Right now I'm using the Liver 40. I train fasted so this is a nice buffer till I get my post workout nutrition in.

-OS-Team AppNut
Purple wraath bro ;)

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

sina

Banned
Awards
Do you guys benefit from BCAA/EAA when on a calorie surplus? I have taken from 10g BCAA to 50g BCAA with my diet being 1.5g per lb of BW for protein I haven't noticing a damn thing being on AA's and off Aminos.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Do you guys benefit from BCAA/EAA when on a calorie surplus? I have taken from 10g BCAA to 50g BCAA with my diet being 1.5g per lb of BW for protein I haven't noticing a damn thing being on AA's and off Aminos.
if you actually get 1.5g of pro and bulking you really shouldnt need to use aminos.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried a sample of Aminocore by Allmax a few days ago and I was impressed by the way it
mixed up no foam or anything left on the sides of the shaker cup, once it's shaken you don't
need to shake it again and it tasted pretty good it was fruit punch but honestly it tasted like
watermelon but I didn't mind I like watermelon the only bad thing about it is the price $69.99.
If I catch a sale on this one I will snatch it up.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Your level are probably pretty high with your protein intake.

What specifically were you wanting to notice?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
if you actually get 1.5g of pro and bulking you really shouldnt need to use aminos.
Agreed. My belief is its better suited for preservation of lean mass and prevention of fatigue while in a hypocaloric state. For those who like to train fasted it would then have benefit. On a bulk, maybe a full amino profile like Liver40 will help you add some more building blocks to each meal.
Purple wraath bro -Chris EBF RepMobile App
Tell me more.

-OS-Team Appnut

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Agreed. My belief is its better suited for preservation of lean mass and prevention of fatigue while in a hypocaloric state. For those who like to train fasted it would then have benefit. On a bulk, maybe a full amino profile like Liver40 will help you add some more building blocks to each meal.Tell me more.-OS-Team Appnut

agreed. I also believe that they are well suited for those who train intensley for long periods of time. such as over 1.5 hrs. You should then sip on BCAA intra workout.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Has 7g of EAA, beta alanine, norvaline, ginger extract.

Comprehensive at 2 scoops bro as an intra

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
I like USPowders Bulk Modern BCAA . $30 for 100 servings its so cheap and tastes good

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's my favorite fruit punch flavored product. Not too strong in taste. Awesome product overall too
Tasty and effective. A powerful combination. Thank you for your support!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Modern BCAA is still good, just missing the extra goodies

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Modern BCAA is still good, just missing the extra goodies

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App
If you take a preworkout anyway, which id imagine most do, there is no need for the extra goodies!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
If you take a preworkout anyway, which id imagine most do, there is no need for the extra goodies!
I feel like micronized creatine and beta alanine during training in my bcaa (I'm out of PW) works great

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

boogyman

Awards
I feel like micronized creatine and beta alanine during training in my bcaa (I'm out of PW) works great

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App
I feel the opposite. I dont even understand why either is even put in a preworkout or intraworkout. Both work by building up in your body and when you take them is irrelevant.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel the opposite. I dont even understand why either is even put in a preworkout or intraworkout. Both work by building up in your body and when you take them is irrelevant.
More convenient for the individual. Some also like the tingles of BA.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
BA has more benefits than just giving you tingles, tingles are just a side effect. People thay don't like the tingles, well sucks for them, deal with it!! I don't care for the tingles but I still take BA cuz of its many benefits

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BA has more benefits than just giving you tingles, tingles are just a side effect. People thay don't like the tingles, well sucks for them, deal with it!! I don't care for the tingles but I still take BA cuz of its many benefits
Ya I know the benefits of BA. I was saying people just like them because its kind of a way telling you to get to the gym.

boogyman

Awards
I like the tingles also. I would just prefer my pre workout to contain ingredients that are helpful preworkout. BA, for instance, i take everyday. So i would still need to buy a supply to take on non workout days, and the convenience you are talking about is gone in that situation.

Leaving out those ingredients would also leave room for things that do give a benefit by taking before working out. Stimulants, nootropics and other focus additives, pump additives and strength and stamina ingredients. Put more of that stuff in, and I can take my daily staples at another time.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the tingles also. I would just prefer my pre workout to contain ingredients that are helpful preworkout. BA, for instance, i take everyday. So i would still need to buy a supply to take on non workout days, and the convenience you are talking about is gone in that situation.

Leaving out those ingredients would also leave room for things that do give a benefit by taking before working out. Stimulants, nootropics and other focus additives, pump additives and strength and stamina ingredients. Put more of that stuff in, and I can take my daily staples at another time.
BA doesn't lessen the effect of those supps unless you are taking taurine pre workout. Those two counteract eachother. So you could still take BA pre workout with stimulants, pump additives, nooptropics, etc.

But I get you and others take creatine and BA at other times. Just adding with my pre workout is easier and I don't forget to take it ever.

boogyman

Awards
BA doesn't lessen the effect of those supps unless you are taking taurine pre workout. Those two counteract eachother. So you could still take BA pre workout with stimulants, pump additives, nooptropics, etc.

But I get you and others take creatine and BA at other times. Just adding with my pre workout is easier and I don't forget to take it ever.
I think you missed my point. I don't mind that its there. But I would rather that stuff be left out, so that more stuff that actually is conducive to being taken before working out can be put in. A preworkout, IMO, should have preworkout stuff in it. Same for an intraworkout for that matter, although I don't really use them.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you missed my point. I don't mind that its there. But I would rather that stuff be left out, so that more stuff that actually is conducive to being taken before working out can be put in. A preworkout, IMO, should have preworkout stuff in it. Same for an intraworkout for that matter, although I don't really use them.
Ya I hear ya man. I don't use an intra either.

boogyman

Awards
Ya I hear ya man. I don't use an intra either.

If i was to use one, I think BCAAs and some electrolytes with a small amount of carbs would be sufficient. I bet adding BCAAs to slightly watered down Gatorade would work just as well as any expensive intraworkout product.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If i was to use one, I think BCAAs and some electrolytes with a small amount of carbs would be sufficient. I bet adding BCAAs to slightly watered down Gatorade would work just as well as any expensive intraworkout product.
Ya that would sound good. I just don't feel the need for one at all.

sina

Banned
Awards
Difference in

Body Recomposition
Energy
Mood,
etc

When I took 40g of BCAA I noticed stress, anxiety, depression sort of. Yet I looked good body recomp wise

Your level are probably pretty high with your protein intake.

What specifically were you wanting to notice?

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Has there been a study done showing that creatine and BA have no benefit when taken preworkout?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I believe it's pretty well supported that taurine and BA do not compete like they were once proposed to.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
Has there been a study done showing that creatine and BA have no benefit when taken preworkout?
I've seen a few and completely disagree. My endurance levels are always heightened with the combo.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Difference in

Body Recomposition
Energy
Mood,
etc

When I took 40g of BCAA I noticed stress, anxiety, depression sort of. Yet I looked good body recomp wise
This actually makes perfect sense. Megadosing BCAAs will reduce dopamine and 5HT biosynthesis since BCAAs compete with tryptophan and tyrosine for the branched chain aromatic amino acid transporter in the brain

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There is no benefit preworkout. Creatine works by increasing PCr levels, which takes up to a month, and BA works by increasing carnosine levels, which takes up to 2 months.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
There is no benefit preworkout. Creatine works by increasing PCr levels, which takes up to a month, and BA works by increasing carnosine levels, which takes up to 2 months.
While I understand both substances work on saturation points is there any factual study showing that taking your daily dose preworkout has no more benefit than taking it first thing in the morning or before bed or whenever?

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
What are the health benefits of BA that you guys speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
While I understand both substances work on saturation points is there any factual study showing that taking your daily dose preworkout has no more benefit than taking it first thing in the morning or before bed or whenever?
Yes, essentially every study on creatine/BA notes equivalent benefits without preworkout-specific timing. Because there is no difference. Certain creatines may even be detrimental preworkout (e.g. monohydrate), since they act as a GI osmolyte and can cause dehydration if dosed in excess.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
That's because you are a rep for Biogenics Performance Nutrition, which you should declare in your signature

gncjon

Awards
Cor-Performance by Cellucor. I know their a sellout mainstream brand but their new BCAA is awesome! Tastes great, mixes better than any other BCAA I've ever tried. Not a 4:1:1 but has a secret ingredient alpha-hydroxyisocaproic Acid (HICA)! Metabolite of Leucine + Beta Alanine + Citrulline Malate. Great Product! Modern is a great BCAA too for the amount of servings you get but don't plan to drink the unflavored by itself.