Favorite BCAA powder?

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Endurance by Formutech has a great profile with COP, BCAAs, and Beta Alanine, but unfortunately, it doesn't have the 4:1:1 or 8:1:1 ratio you're looking for. However, you could add bulk leucine powder to the mix to increase the ratio of leucine.
I've been a loyal powershock user on and off (won't go too long with nitrates) and am trying Gaspari's now. Just found out about Formutech's endurance and ordered it asap. I typically mix my own powders and I may not even have to modify Endurance.. excited to see the effects of COP.

Aggie2012

Awards
ENDURANCE IS BEAST. My bottle sits on top of my bed when I sleep lol.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Going with either Modern BCAA, Blox,or Purple Wraath. All are solid choices. Modern BCAA is just ultra micronized. Blox is expensive, but once it kicks in its amazing, takes about 3-5 days. Finally purple Wraath is great because it has EAAs to and a few extra ingredients that make it suitable for a stim free preworkout. It gives great energy and gives a really cool boost if you mix it together with your pre and just chug it all down at once as opposed to taking pre then sipping it intra

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ModernBCAA have an 8:1:1 ratio and tastes awesome & mixes like a gem.
I've dabbled in a bunch of different brands

Although taste isn't number 1 on modern. Atleastthebflavor I get but it's cheap and I can now tell Te difference after adding it bak in

Cheap and effective and you get a ton for the price. No need to really try anything else IMO
Bulk Modern BCAA (1 kg)

IMHO You cannot beat it anywhere for price and quality!
Compete can't really be described as a BCAA and EAA powder with 2.5g of whey hydrolysate. Not that I dislike the profile.

Another vote for Modern BCAA. 8:1:1 ratio. Good flavours.
Another vote for Modern BCAA
Agree. In terms of value-for-money, Bulk ModernBCAA is in a league of its own.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually forgot mine at home. So I have to drive home then back to the gym just so I can have it!

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered Compete. I am also expecting a couple tubs of BCAA + SAA can't wait to see how they taste and work.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered Compete. I am also expecting a couple tubs of BCAA + SAA can't wait to see how they taste and work.
SAA ftw!!! Wish they were a little cheaper though. Are there any other SAAs besides Blox?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Damn that's pretty cheap compared to Blox! I might look into that!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn that's pretty cheap compared to Blox! I might look into that!
The formulators put basically exactly how many SAA as thought to be needed for the best results and no more, this was in an effort to keep costs down. The BCAA's are there in a higher concentration to add more anabolism and protein synthesis. So you get the benefits touted for SAA with the lower cost benefit of the BCAA.

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
Tried Recoverpro today. It never really mixed in. Even shook the crap out of it and let it sit for over an hour. But it tasted ok as is.

Would love to find a decent priced bulk EAA product.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tried Recoverpro today. It never really mixed in. Even shook the crap out of it and let it sit for over an hour. But it tasted ok as is.

Purple wraarh tastes like sh!t but is a solid overall product if you're looking for EAA

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established

Purple Wraath bro!! EAA (including BCAAs), beta alanine, citrulline malate, L norvaline, 90 full servings, $55 on amazon, grape tastes like crap, go with the lemonade

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'd generally go for leucine-rich BCAA mixtures. Avoid SAAs if possible due to cost and no evidence save for one very flawed study.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I'd generally go for leucine-rich BCAA mixtures. Avoid SAAs if possible due to cost and no evidence save for one very flawed study.
From personal experience I can say Blox (SAAs) was awesome! I don't give a crap about medical studies, I only go by experience and reviews from other people. I do what works for me and SAAs definitely better! At least for muscle endurance and lack of fatigue.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From personal experience I can say Blox (SAAs) was awesome! I don't give a crap about medical studies, I only go by experience and reviews from other people. I do what works for me and SAAs definitely better! At least for muscle endurance and lack of fatigue.

AGREED!! F*CK MEDICAL STUDIES THAT PROVE STUFF CORRECT!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
AGREED!! F*CK MEDICAL STUDIES THAT PROVE STUFF CORRECT!!!!!

:rolleyes:
If you read what the guy above me said, the study about SAAs is flawed. I can say that I agree with him and I know that many medical studies are flawed. You go by what works for you and what other people who have experience with a product say! SAAs will not turn you into superman like the study basically suggests, buy they will make your workouts a hell of a lot better

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If you read what the guy above me said, the study about SAAs is flawed. I can say that I agree with him and I know that many medical studies are flawed. You go by what works for you and what other people who have experience with a product say! SAAs will not turn you into superman like the study basically suggests, buy they will make your workouts a hell of a lot better
SAAs are likely making you more energetic because they can be directly metabolized for energy via gluconeogenesis. However, I won't rule out that there may be something at play when taking some amino acids in a specific ratio, though again, it is unlikely.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
That's the spirit....
Well I mean, with all the flawed studies out there you can't really trust them! All you can do basically when looking for supplements is look at the ingredients, read reviews, talk to other people that take or have taken certain supplements, or if you're daring, try new products when they come out and hope for the best! If they work, great, if they don't they don't, stop using them and let people know they don't work!

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
SAAs are likely making you more energetic because they can be directly metabolized for energy via gluconeogenesis. However, I won't rule out that there may be something at play when taking some amino acids in a specific ratio, though again, it is unlikely.
Well, I mean people seem to like modern BCAA and it is an 8:1:1 ratio as opposed to others that are 2:1:1 or 4:1:1, so it's possible that ratio may have something to do with it. You never know. But you're right it is unlikely considering it is Leucine that has the most effect and obviously modern BCAA would have more leucine than others with that ratio. So it is more the amount of one amino as opposed to the ratio itself . So basically, I think SAAs definitely have some beneficial effect that many other products don't have, but that rratio thing is BS

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried Recoverpro today. It never really mixed in. Even shook the crap out of it and let it sit for over an hour. But it tasted ok as is.Would love to find a decent priced bulk EAA product.
BCAA's like recoverpro that don't mix very well, I mix up in warm water and then let it sit for a bit. It will usually mix in then. Kinda a pain if you're in a hurry though. My favorite is probably Axis Labs N'Gage because it mixes instantly with no problems and tastes great.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the high leucine content of RecoverPro makes for a bunch of luecine floaties but it mixes pretty good for not being instantized. If you put it in cold water in a shaker and shake it up then wait 5 minutes or so and shake it again it normally gets rid of them.

rhgunner

Awards
How's Inner® Armour BCAA Peak blue rasberry for $10.97 for the first tub and $5.48 for the second tub?

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
I use HumaPro for my EAA and Chain'D Out for my BCAA.

Every morning I consume 1 scoop of HumaPro, 1 scoop of Chain'D Out and 2 scoops Alphamine..

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you look for in a BCAA supplement? what amino acids and what quantity per serving? I notice they tend to be L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-isoleucine. Some include others. Is the quantity user weight dependent?

av6258

av6258

Awards
Most supplement studies are severely flawed. They contain a few hundred participants, are done quickly (less than 2 years) and are thin micro analysis's at best. With that being said, things that have worked for many years in the sport (bcaas) are probably the best.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Most supplement studies are severely flawed. They contain a few hundred participants, are done quickly (less than 2 years) and are thin micro analysis's at best. With that being said, things that have worked for many years in the sport (bcaas) are probably the best.
No, they actually contain far less than a few hundred participants, which would have been ideal.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What do you look for in a BCAA supplement? what amino acids and what quantity per serving? I notice they tend to be L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-isoleucine. Some include others. Is the quantity user weight dependent?
Shoot for about 4-5g leucine in a single bolus.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
BCAA consist of Leucine IsoLeucine and Valine. TRhe most important being Leucine. when you see a ratio it is the Leucine first followed by the other two. Such as 3:1:1. If leucine is doseded at 6g then Iso and Valine would be 2g.

I personally use BCAA different when cutting compared to bulking. With cutting I drink three times a day, when bulking I eat so much I usually take first thing in the am while I get ready and drive to work before I eat my first meal which is as soon as I get there and then intra workout.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I use HumaPro for my EAA and Chain'D Out for my BCAA.

Every morning I consume 1 scoop of HumaPro, 1 scoop of Chain'D Out and 2 scoops Alphamine..
Damn bro you are spending some money on dem der Amino's. HumPro, which I am a huge fan of for cutting is very expensive. However, it provides the equivelent of 24g of protein without the calories. Keeps those muscle fed.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn bro you are spending some money on dem der Amino's. HumPro, which I am a huge fan of for cutting is very expensive. However, it provides the equivelent of 24g of protein without the calories. Keeps those muscle fed.
Amino Acid = Protein
Protein = Calories

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HumaPro®: HumaPro® is a protein matrix with a Net Nitrogen Utilization rate of 99:1. In short 99% is used purely as proteins to repair and increase protein mass (like muscle, soft tissues etc). In short if you eat a day’s supply of protein shakes, meats, eggs, foul etc., the stomach breaks down the bulk of it, then it goes into the intestinal track for further break down into amino acids, glucose and fat (protein does not have calories, by-products do) and the waste products of each. Next stop is the liver which further breaks down the protein chains and creates an amino acid ratio (matrix) meant for the human body. In short, the end result is what is left over with the waste removed (then the waste sent to the toilet or deposited around your waist)…what is left over with the waste removed is HumaPro®. It allows the body to focus upon other processes like health, recovery and growth rather than detoxification and screwed up body compositioning. Oh, and its 100% pre-digested. 1g of HumaPro® is equal to 5.6g of pharma-quality whey isolate. But without the 4.6g loss to waste and waist.

As great as that sounds, is there any clinical reference to support these claims? I'm not arguing with you. I just question the validity of this manufacture's claims without reference.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There was a huge argument on a UK forum when ALRI offered HumaPro as a sponsored logging opportunity regarding those claims.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Shoot for about 4-5g leucine in a single bolus.
Mr. Cooper, I read in a bb forum that you like Power Shock. I am wondering what your opinion is on amino acid nitrates. I'm wondering if the nitrate moiety does something other than acting as a donor to the amino acid. If it just acts as a donor, would it increase the bioavailability? Or would something like 'leucine nitrate' just seperate molecules to allow leucine to do it's thing and the nitrate to go do it's thing?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There was a huge argument on a UK forum when ALRI offered HumaPro as a sponsored logging opportunity regarding those claims.
I cannot image how any of these claims can be substantiated outside a clinical/physiological testings environment. This is quite beyond anecdotal or even regular laymen analytical assessment or sponsor logging. Neither of which can tell me what is taking place in my digestive/intestinal bio/physio process. The things he (Author) is claiming can only be validated or quantified in a clinical laboratory environment IMHO. Hence - reference? :)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
With creatine nitrate, I love the vascularity it provides at 1 gram of it. 1 gram seems to be the standard. I know that the vasodialation is from the nitrates.

With a product I just saw from App Nut called 'NO Uptake', I noticed the 'leucine nitrate' as part of the proprietary blend. An amino acid nitrate in the proper amount, would alone give a really great pump and great vascularity, let alone any of the other ingredients.

I'm also wondering if there's a reason why they chose 'leucine nitrate' over something else that's gotten great user feedback like 'creatine nitrate', or maybe something else like arginine nitrate or citrulline nitrate? Is it because they could be the first to use the designer 'nitrate' of 'leucine nitrate', but it really doesn't matter?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Mr. Cooper, I read in a bb forum that you like Power Shock. I am wondering what your opinion is on amino acid nitrates. I'm wondering if the nitrate moiety does something other than acting as a donor to the amino acid. If it just acts as a donor, would it increase the bioavailability? Or would something like 'leucine nitrate' just seperate molecules to allow leucine to do it's thing and the nitrate to go do it's thing?
Nah, it doesn't increase the bioavailability of the amino acid (which is near 100% anyway). But the nitrate obviously has performance enhancing effects.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Nah, it doesn't increase the bioavailability of the amino acid (which is near 100% anyway). But the nitrate obviously has performance enhancing effects.
Thanks, Coop. It didn't seem like it would do much more than that, just checking with you.

michaelxfc5

michaelxfc5

Awards
I've been using Amino1 by MP. It taste amazing and I feel it has been helping me a lot with recovery. I have the fruit punch and also some orange mago that I have yet to try. Anyone else tried this product before?

squadx

squadx

Awards
I was curious on MP Amino1 as well, haven't seen much review about it...