DS Craze Lawsuit and FDA Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavyd12

Awards
Stock up boys and girls.

A class action lawsuit claims Craze is not natural and contains amphetamine (analog act), despite labeling claims that it is “safe” and can be used by students for studying. I was told amphetamine is a loose term meaning the ingredient is a designer stimulant related to amphetamine and would fall under the stimulant analog act.

courthousenews.com/2012/03/21/Craze.pdf

A second lawsuit is being filed in New Jersey on similar grounds this week naming DS, a distributor and several retailers. Additionally WADA is working closely with the FDA office of criminal investigations after several companies submitted their GCMS identification findings to the organization and claimed Craze will further tarnish the industry with what seems poised to become the next designer stimulant nightmare.

What I have been told from a source close to the New Jersey based lawsuit.

A. The compounds in Craze are synthetically made and not an extract. No NDI has been filed for these new dietary ingredients making them illegal to sell under DSHEA without submitting NDI notification. They could qualify as dietary ingredients if the substances present are indeed extracts of an herb or botanical, which they are not. They are synthetically made in a laboratory.

B. The main active is a potent new synthetic designer stimulant possibly related to amphetamine under the analog act.

C. The designer stimulant has a high probability to be poorly researched, no human testing, and possibly dangerous despite the companies continuous promotion that it is safe, natural, DSHEA, and GRAS. imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/extractr.jpg

D. The label depicts a safe natural product yet contains a synthetic design stimulant behind the clever natural extract labeling.

E. Legal and government action from the FDA will be immanent.

F. Stuff will hit the fan very soon when the toxicologists and full laboratory findings are released by the companies that have organized the testing.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Will be following this closely. I have been using craze the last 4 weeks and really enjoyed it.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like i should stock up.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
If it's true I wonder who they borrowed their ingredients from hmmm??

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got some comng in right now. In for a few more tubs!!!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Will be good for a quick influx of sales this news.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah this will put me off of using it...Lol

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad I never used this. I'd be pretty pissed if I lost my job bc my pre workout caused me to piss hot

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I don't care what's in it, I'm at my third tub straight and I've never felt better
and most important I've never had workouts like these..
And then, wtf is going on?? FDA, MHRA, what are they gonna ban next? Freakin' CHICKEN??
Don't they have more important things to b#tch about??

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
What a suprise!

And lol @ the bunch of retards in this thread. Until I see some proper verification I reserve my judgement. However, given the fact that the court doc states they have reason to believe the product contains amphetamine (analog?) and the fact that it's almost an insult to anyone's intelligence to claim some tea extract can give you the described effects of Craze, I'd be very wary to use this product.

Hey, but who am I? The product works and it's cheap so who cares about what's really in it? Safety profile? We don't give a ****. Let's all just stock up! Right?
Maybe it's the craze making you retarded:)

Potatobake

Awards
I don't care what's in it, I'm at my third tub straight and I've never felt better
And then, wtf is going on?? FDA, MHRA, what are they gonna ban next? Freakin' CHICKEN??
If it truly contains amphetamines then this post is absurdly stupid. And you won't miss craze, just aquire a script for adderall ;)

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
If it truly contains amphetamines then this post is absurdly stupid. And you won't miss craze, just aquire a script for adderall ;)
If, if, if.. To me this just sounds like all the recent bans and lawsuit against supplements, which is NOT about users safety, it's about money.
Good to know tho' that adderall could be a replacement

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Great....... Not

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting, been looking forward to trying Craze. Looks like I might not get that chance.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
OMFG is this real??
If they pull Craze off the market I'm gonna be *pissed* like really pissed..
lol I remember you saying if you cant get craze anymore you will end up in jail...

lets hope thats not going to happen :D

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha, that's what most of my friends say when on Adderral until they end up in rehab somewhere. Something that makes you feel that good is probably a synthetic or analogue. Yeah, the FDA generally sucks, but DS sucks worse if the allegations have any validity and they are feeding us something potentially dangerous or addictive under the all natural guise. Crap like this, at these times, will make an across the board ban or tighter regulations more likely.

I was pretty confused reading even your log indicating no stims and just nootropics yet everyone seems to get wired and have pretty intense reactions from this stuff. Candidly, I am all for people doing as they please with their bodies. The problem with DS is that using an illegal synthetic, at this time, in a product will likely help accelerate tighter regulations and/or larger scale bans.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol @ some of the pro fda people in here

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
only if the chicken uses craze pwo

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What a suprise!

And lol @ the bunch of retards in this thread. Until I see some proper verification I reserve my judgement. However, given the fact that the court doc states they have reason to believe the product contains amphetamine (analog?) and the fact that it's almost an insult to anyone's intelligence to claim some tea extract can give you the described effects of Craze, I'd be very wary to use this product.

Hey, but who am I? The product works and it's cheap so who cares about what's really in it? Safety profile? We don't give a ****. Let's all just stock up! Right?
I am a mass tort lawyer that has gone after the financial industry and the defective drug and medical device company. These suits are extremely difficult and very costly to pursue for a litany if reasons I won't get into here. Suffice it to say, chances are pretty good that the product has already been analyzed well before lawsuit was filed. The lawyers would likely get sanctioned and hit with substantial costs if filing this without investigation and an adequate basis.

Mass spec is easy and inexoensive to run which us why I get so annoyed by supp companies saying they need proprietary blends to protect their formulations from competitors.

I would not be the least bit surprised if a competitor ran mass spec on Craze and brought it up to lawyers they know or used. Something had to get ball rolling here for a law firm to spend time in money testing or performing due diligence.

Allegations are always hedged in pleadings even if one gas the smoking gun in their possession so any use of "upon information and belief" type of language does not reflect whether lab test were already conclusive.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i cant find anything relating to this matter, and considering it was the op's first post i hope to god this isnt a sales ploy to boost business...

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which of the two is garbage and why?
#1- ingredients made synthetically are totally allowable under DSHEA. The FDA may change this, however it has not been decided yet. As such, claiming that they used a synthetically made ingredient is the same thing as all of us realizing every vitamin,
Mineral, hell... EVERYTHING made in this industry is synthetically produced.
#2- there is ZERO proof there is anything illegal in the product(controlled substance).
#3- this is being headed by a person + law firm. This means the end result will be a payout/settlement.

Everyone needs to realize you can sue ANYONE for ANYTHING. Doesn't make you right.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol @ the newbies who magically show up out of nowhere to feed like rabid dogs on the cannon fodder.

Listen, folks. Some of us have been around here for a LONG time. Coming into a thread where a new person has just dropped a bombshell is about as credible as me walking into a hospital and slapping people as a cure for cancer. I don't know who the OP is, but I'm willing to bet that it's someone who is already on this board and is just posting this up to remain "anonymous" - in other words, a competitor who is acting to defame DS in order to better promote their competing product. Happens all the time here. It's a low and dirty tactic, but hey, some companies work like that. It's stupid, and to the consumer (YOU AND ME), it's really really low. Sometimes, the supplement industry people make politicians look like superheroes. Ugh...

ANYWHO... the lawsuit. Oh noez! The FDA is taking something away again?? I'm shocked. I'm absolutely astounded. I can't believe that they are... oh, no, wait... I can totally believe it. Folks, whatever is in Craze, the feds could declare it "illegal" in a matter of days if they want. Instead of issuing a memorandum saying that as of April 1 all nutritional and sports supplements containing cocaplopadecalolamine must stop using that ingredient as it is being reclassified to a "controlled substance" and will cease all production and sales of that ingredient, they'll act and declare it unlawful and THEN come back and start pimp-slapping supplement companies and manufacturers. Is this surprising? Nope. Is this right? IMHO, nope. It's absolutely stupid and just another example of how retarded things have become in this country.

So to all who have wanted to try it - go out and buy some Craze.

TLW

TLW

Awards
This may be a strong first post but I found the actual lawsuit filed this is no joke it won't let me post the link but if anyone wants to see the actual filed report I have the link.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad I never used this. I'd be pretty pissed if I lost my job bc my pre workout caused me to piss hot
I took a UA hours after i ingested craze and was fine. I also took a home UA to see and did not test positive.

Also some people are comical who show up in a thread and are nobodies to this board and start calling people retards when there is no need.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
following....haven't got to try this stuff yet but looks like I might have too haha

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Craze is my first PWO experience. What is the typical time between when these actions take place and when product is pulled off the shelves. How much time do I have?

D3Baseball

Awards
I've read through the legal documents and the main takeaway is no one is claiming that testing has been done to PROVE anything. Maybe there has (vague language like "we have reason to believe..."), but at this point you can't quite say that DS is in the wrong.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
mail order amphetamines.... noice!!! GET SOME!

TLW

TLW

Awards
haha, i love craze. everyone has to ruin everyones fun. i'm stocking up!

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took a UA hours after i ingested craze and was fine. I also took a home UA to see and did not test positive. Also some people are comical who show up in a thread and are nobodies to this board and start calling people retards when there is no need.
Not sure UAs just hours after taking are reliable. Benzos taken a few hours before test won't show up.

Synthetics are also wierd. Fentanyl is a string synthetic opiate and it won't show on any opiate UA panel. There are many opiates that have to have specific test for certain metabolites or they won't register on a UA. Synthetic amphetamine analogues may be the same way and won't hit unless have a specific test designed expressly for that substance.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree here. I remember being able to buy GHB at the health food store along with some great PWOs in the late 80s and early 90s with ephedra and perhaps some PHs. I think stuff used to be cleaner back then before companies had to resort to designer crap like DMAA to get around bans. Government sucks and people should be able to do what they want with their bodies. Problem is, the supp industry does not need any more negative publicity right now so hopefully DS didn't do this. I have to say diubtful if one just thinks about the effect caused by Craze. Haha, seems like some are already hitting withdrawals just thinking about a ban. Makes me curious to try it out.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In b4 rep war

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Don't let the analogue to amphetamine scare, as its still not an actual amphetamine, regardless. Its real simple if the FDA does not have a pharmaceutical company selling something of a synthetic base, then it cannot be sold. This is just a scare. Regardless this is no surprise as I knew WADA was gonna step in due to its legit muscle memory connection abilities, they really are a bunch of beta males. I mean who cares if an athlete benefits to some slight degree of using a pre workout. Gov't willl be gov't..

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I don't know who angelbolic is, but he makes some excellent points in here and other threads. That said, I'm fairly certain this will amount to nothing and remain skeptical until the final ruling is made. DS and the members of their team are far too intelligent to hype up a "spiked" product with no regard for legal ramifications. The amphetamine could be as simple as PEA or one of the homologs.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know who angelbolic is, but he makes some excellent points in here and other threads. That said, I'm fairly certain this will amount to nothing and remain skeptical until the final ruling is made. DS and the members of their team are far too intelligent to hype up a "spiked" product with no regard for legal ramifications. The amphetamine could be as simple as PEA or one of the homologs.
this.

The law firm suing DS does class actions against everyone, and each and every time they're money grabs.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
well it's good hype cuz now I really wanna try CRAZE... maybe it was a DS insider (totally kidding)!! WINNING DUH!!!!

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I am surprised that this has occurred ....so swiftly. After using the supplement a couple times I felt, maybe even hoped, that someone somewhere would take some action to have it analysed and assessed for safety because I had felt so awful after ingesting just half of the recommended dose. After having taking various illegal stimulants in my younger days, I knew something was amiss with this product as it left me feeling worse after the come down. Not being able to sleep for almost 24 hours after the first half dose was an entirely novel experience for me. Despite my experience I only commented on the supplement a couple of times, just to provide a balanced view because those who enjoyed it were so vocal and consequently I felt the supplement was being dangerously misrepresented.

I would not at all be surprised if something untoward is found in this supplement.

And for those supplement companies who think the public should take their views on this as credible merely on the grounds that they are competitors of DS should think again.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't let the analogue to amphetamine scare, as its still not an actual amphetamine, regardless. Its real simple if the FDA does not have a pharmaceutical company selling something of a synthetic base, then it cannot be sold. This is just a scare. Regardless this is no surprise as I knew WADA was gonna step in due to its legit muscle memory connection abilities, they really are a bunch of beta males. I mean who cares if an athlete benefits to some slight degree of using a pre workout. Gov't willl be gov't..
It's really not that simple. You have to show that any new dietary supplement is safe for human consumption if it is not found regularly in the food supply. It's up to you as a supplement company to do this. Often times being innovative and differentiating your product requires significant scientific knowledge and some theory. Unfortunately that doesn't always add up to sound proof that your product is safe. Not because it isn't, but because it's harder to prove without excessive in vivo research. And as we know if there is a **** ton of positive research on a compound then everyone is going to sell it (ex, daa). I think we may forever see problems like this for companies that try to be a little more innovative and different. What's funny is we can still buy superdrol...

It also doesn't have to be sold by pharma, it can be in clinicals still and it would no longer be considered a dietary supplement.

I'm not saying craze doesn't adhere to those principles though. And I agree with you regarding the betas at WADA.

steppinRazor

Awards
craze is disgusting. this doesnt surprise me one bit.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Never tried craze myself but I'm curious if any users have experience with SAN Tight Xtreme?? Would like to know if effects were similar.

Nutritional Facts
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Each Serving Size 1-2 Hot Cups provide:[/FONT]
IngredientsDosage% Daily Value
Proprietary A-Z Total Body Fat Assault Matrix: 780mg
Sulbutiamine Disulfate, Caffeine Anhydrous
Beta-Methyl-Phenethylamine & Beta-Phenethylamine, N,
N-Dimethyl-4-hydroxyphonylethylamine.
1, 3-Dimethylpentylamine {Constituent of Geranalean},
CH3-Synephrine HCI, Alpha-Yohimbine & Yohimbine HCI
Total Caffeine Content Per 2 Hot Caps: 200mg
Other Ingredients:
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Gelatin, FD&C Colors (Red #3, Yellow #6), Titanium Dioxide
No Yeast, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Salt, Soy, Dairy, Citrus, Fish or Preservatives added.

Status
Not open for further replies.