DS Craze Lawsuit and FDA Action

Page 50 of 55 First ... 4849505152 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    To classify or lump everyone in together is silly. You really think that most intelligent people, IF they find out that something illicit is in the product they won't toss it? I love the product and guess what? I'd toss it in a heartbeat. I'd toss it in the garbage now if I knew there was proof that this product contains said analogue.

thats fine. i honestly wouldnt. If i were taking the product (i never tried it) and I liked it and i didnt feel it was hurting me i would keep taking it. I mean just cuz i suddenly knew what it was giving me that feel doesnt mean that the stuff has changed. I dont see anything regarding this meth analog (other than its in the amphetamine class) that makes me think its gonna really hurt someone acutel

my peeve with this is that i dont like the idea of a competitor cutting corners to steal market share. if i think a competitor might be playing dirty i am gonna find out. its not about safety or concern for consumers with me, its protecting my business interests. That and I just love solving mysteries like this
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

2. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    thats fine. i honestly wouldnt. If i were taking the product (i never tried it) and I liked it and i didnt feel it was hurting me i would keep taking it. I mean just cuz i suddenly knew what it was giving me that feel doesnt mean that the stuff has changed. I dont see anything regarding this meth analog (other than its in the amphetamine class) that makes me think its gonna really hurt someone acutel

my peeve with this is that i dont like the idea of a competitor cutting corners to steal market share. if i think a competitor might be playing dirty i am gonna find out. its not about safety or concern for consumers with me, its protecting my business interests. That and I just love solving mysteries like this
    Fair enough, I get that and I respect your honesty. I would too. I just want to know (being completely honest here) if I've been taking anything illicit. I've never even tried weed in my life! Not once man, now I'm meth head? I could have least started with weed. Story of my life.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Lol! I like you, you're a smart guy and fun to banter with. But me taking it seriously? C'mon Pat stop it. Lol. This thread was quiet up until? I'm not fixated on it. I'm not writing a blog about it. I'm just a concerned consumer who came in here and asked a simple question, where is the evidence? I respect you, you know that.

I know thanks

4. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    u take this way too seriously. just chill. its a fun mystery. enjoy the ride
    That and an opportunity to pick your brain is the only reason I joined this board (no I am not nuthugging, you a-holes). I agree this is fun and whatever is going on it's shaping up to be a Sherlock Holmes mystery. There is layer upon layer upon layer of intrigue to this whole thing.

Ok, gambling and women. For real now. Peace!

5. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Oh my lord. No I'm not denying anything. If you google "australia ban" you'll see that it stretches back as far as January, four months ago. This isn't any kind of new information coming out. It was on other forums for months. If this is an idea of "fun" cool man whatever, I'm not knocking it.

Ok so it was banned in australia. we agree on that. the question is why?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Fair enough, I get that and I respect your honesty. I would too. I just want to know (being completely honest here) if I've been taking anything illicit. I've never even tried weed in my life! Not once man, now I'm meth head? I could have least started with weed. Story of my life.

concerning the alleged meth analog

illicit as in an illegal drug? no.

might it be illegal someday? yes

7. So this alleged analogue is in the tubs currently at vendors?

8. Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    So this alleged analogue is in the tubs currently at vendors?

who knows since there could be good lots, bad lots, counterfeit lots.

but i can test it and find out ;-)

9. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    concerning the alleged meth analog

illicit as in an illegal drug? no.might it be illegal someday? yes
    So it doesn't currently fall under the realm of the Federal Analouge Act?

10. It may be a while, But Im sure federal police tested more than one tub. I doubt they give a **** about anyone on a forum. We'll have to wait til we get more information. You could email Afp, tga and ask questions, claim youre a supplement store owner looking for information. They generally reply

11. anywaaayyysss to lighten the tone a little who pre-gamed with clear-shot n vodka (not condoning) and had one of the best nights of their life.......#thissssguyyyyyy

12. Quote Originally Posted by braskibra View Post
    anywaaayyysss to lighten the tone a little who pre-gamed with clear-shot n vodka (not condoning) and had one of the best nights of their life.......#thissssguyyyyyy
    Ive done that before. I used to make vodka orange with 2 scoops of orange san fierce, two shots of vodka and a little orange juice. It was a fun combination.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

13. Quote Originally Posted by braskibra View Post
    anywaaayyysss to lighten the tone a little who pre-gamed with clear-shot n vodka (not condoning) and had one of the best nights of their life.......#thissssguyyyyyy
    Ive done that before. I used to make vodka orange with 2 scoops of orange san fierce, two shots of vodka and a little orange juice. It was a fun combination.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

14. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    So it doesn't currently fall under the realm of the Federal Analouge Act?

that is up to the courts to decide. personally i think it is. however until it is deemed an analog it is still just an uncontrolled chem

u bring up a question though. in such a situation can they declare it an analog and then prosecute its previous sale? or can such prosecutions only happen after the declaration? I am guessing they can prosecute previous sales

15. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    that is up to the courts to decide. personally i think it is. however until it is deemed an analog it is still just an uncontrolled chem

u bring up a question though. in such a situation can they declare it an analog and then prosecute its previous sale? or can such prosecutions only happen after the declaration? I am guessing they can prosecute previous sales
    Wasn't a big reason for the Federal Analogue Act to deter this (supposed/ alleged) kind of thing? After reading the wiki entry it sure sounds like they could prosecute retroactively, even if it wasn't already listed.

16. thanks

17. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post

God knows MC would not play dirty, cut corners or possibly sell banned substances to make a quick buck. The problem is two fold: those of us tested especially WADA and etc. may have need for concern if substance declared illegal and samples eventually pop for it; and certain things are really bad for legal supplement industry such as giving Feds any more reason for tighter regulation and the need to protect public from undisclosed illegal meth analogues.

18. Quote Originally Posted by braskibra View Post
    I hate you so bad.... for putting that wonderful idea in my head.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    I hate you so bad.... for putting that wonderful idea in my head.
    well i got to bring something to the thread cuz im def not bringing any chem knowledge up in here im more of an anatomy musculoskeletal guy

20. Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
    God knows MC would not play dirty, cut corners or possibly sell banned substances to make a quick buck. The problem is two fold: those of us tested especially WADA and etc. may have need for concern if substance declared illegal and samples eventually pop for it; and certain things are really bad for legal supplement industry such as giving Feds any more reason for tighter regulation and the need to protect public from undisclosed illegal meth analogues.

If someone is a WADA tested athlete I would personally tell them to avoid pretty much anything that contains stims sans coffee. WADA is so over the top with their testing that even if the substance in craze is not banned who is to say they won't ban it and come back to your sample at a later date. I feel bad for anyone under WADA I have no love loss for them.

21. Quote Originally Posted by bigflex0 View Post
    If someone is a WADA tested athlete I would personally tell them to avoid pretty much anything that contains stims sans coffee. WADA is so over the top with their testing that even if the substance in craze is not banned who is to say they won't ban it and come back to your sample at a later date. I feel bad for anyone under WADA I have no love loss for them.
    For sure. I have been pretty selective and used to only take like 1/2 scoop of any pre workout before lifting. I try to be careful. I am also an oddity in that I am very unimportant in the athletic world, but I am still very competitive in my sport at 46 so who knows. If I was pitching big leagues at 46 or winning tour de France and etc. I would be more concerned for sure about coming back at me. I am also getting to the age that I just don't give a crap, but younger guys and college athletes looking to make it need to be very careful. Would suck getting popped for some mislabeled bs by some bs dude looking to make a quick buck. Those guys have way more to lose.

22. Stuff is getting around

Forensic Toxicology
    January 2013, Volume 31, Issue 1, pp 54-58

Identification of N-ethyl-α-ethylphenethylamine in crystalline powder seized for suspected drug trafficking: a research chemical or a new designer drug?

Look Inside Get Access
    Abstract

A crystalline powder was found in an unclaimed lost article shipped from Vietnam to South Korea, and it was seized by narcotics agents as an item of suspicious trade. The chemical was suspected to be methamphetamine crystals, and was sent to the National Forensic Service for forensic identification. Elucidation of the chemical structure was carried out using gas chromatography–electron impact ionization–mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography–time-of-flight–mass spectrometry, and 1D and 2D nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. The compound was identified as N-ethyl-α-ethylphenethylamine. Although the narcotic effect of this compound remains unverified, it may be classified as a phenethylamine-based designer drug on the basis of its structure. It appeared that the recipient of this article sought to abuse this chemical in the same way as amphetamines. There is a possibility that this chemical will be widely abused for recreational use in the near future.

23. Dang -- now I REALLY wish I wasn't a non-responder to Craze. I'm jealous of you guys who have actually felt something from taking it...

24. can't post link, but this got brought up on bb.com and the thread is already gone:

w w w .svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/vastnytt/vanligt-kosttilskott-innehaller-dopningsmedel

25. Am I correct in assuming that N-etyl-1-fenyl-2-butylamin is the same as N-ethyl-1-phenyl-2-butylamine?

26. Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    can't post link, but this got brought up on bb.com and the thread is already gone:

w w w .svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/vastnytt/vanligt-kosttilskott-innehaller-dopningsmedel

i was waiting for this to come out today. thanks

27. Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that N-etyl-1-fenyl-2-butylamin is the same as N-ethyl-1-phenyl-2-butylamine?

yeah but spelled with an F

28. Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    can't post link, but this got brought up on bb.com and the thread is already gone:

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/...-dopningsmedel
    For those who need it translated:
    http://translate.google.com.au/trans...ed=0CDMQ7gEwAA

They bring up all the side effects I've felt at one time or another on craze. When i first started taking craze i was anxious as hell after my workout. I also got confused (as outlined in the article) all the time. I couldn't even get basic sentences out because i kept forgetting what i was trying to say mid sentence.

An interesting read.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    For those who need it translated:
    http://translate.google.com.au/trans...ed=0CDMQ7gEwAA

They bring up all the side effects I've felt at one time or another on craze. When i first started taking craze i was anxious as hell after my workout. I also got confused (as outlined in the article) all the time. I couldn't even get basic sentences out because i kept forgetting what i was trying to say mid sentence.

An interesting read.

you had amphetamine paranoia. one reason why i cant touch that sort of stuff anymore. reason why i never tried craze

30. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    you had amphetamine paranoia. one reason why i cant touch that sort of stuff anymore. reason why i never tried craze
    I didn't get anxious all the time. I got confused regularly though. I just put it down to managing Work, uni, basketball, weights and just a generally busy scheduale. That article reminded me of it. I laughed at the spend several hours at the gym reference in there. My girl went off at me so many times when i said Id be back from the gym at 7 and didnt get back till about 9 or 10. I did like that effect.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USP Labs and more sued in Class Action Lawsuit
    By _mArs_ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 10:36 PM
  2. BSN class action lawsuit. get your refund.
    By Quinc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 01:43 AM
  3. Class action lawsuit filed RE ephedra
    By GuyinLA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 12:32 AM