DS Craze Lawsuit and FDA Action

Page 47 of 55 First ... 4546474849 ... Last

1. Yeah this is all over Aussie sites.
    Apparently stocks are running low.
    Quick search of eBay shows prices between $80 to $170 AUD.
    Not a big fan of it, definitely not worth $80 and certainly not $170 lol

-----------

The product Driven Sports Craze was recently tested by the National Measurement Institute (NMI) on behalf of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA).

The results indicated that Driven Sports Craze was found to contain Alpha-Diethyl-Benzeneethamine which is a synonym for Methamphetamine.

Methamphetamine contains the stereoisomer Levomethamphetamine which is a prohibited import substance under Customs legislation.

As a result, the importation of Driven Sports Craze into Australia would see the product seized by Customs officials due the presence of this prohibited import ingredient present in the formulation.

As a result, the importation of Driven Sports Craze into Australia is a Customs matter.

Businesses or persons supplying Driven Sports Craze within Australia are liable to action from the relevant Food Authority Enforcement Branch in each State as Driven Sports Craze is a powder product that you add water to before consuming. These types of products are generally considered to be foods.

The TGA are responsible for the regulation of medicines which are typically products in capsule and tablet format that make therapeutic claims on the label.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Some guy from Australia received a letter from customs that Craze contained N,alpha-diethyl-benzeneethanamine. N-Ethyl-1-phenyl-2-butanamine | C12H19N | ChemSpider

But meh, I want to see an official release from somewhere legit that it does contain something other than what is listed.

yes thats the structure, an alternative name (probably the more common name)
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   

3. Glad I'm not in Australia. I love the product. Been using it from the beginning. IMO, nothing can touch the focus I get from it, without the anxiety or elevated heart rate. Top notch product IMO.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rhino67jg View Post
    Glad I'm not in Australia. I love the product. Been using it from the beginning. IMO, nothing can touch the focus I get from it, without the anxiety or elevated heart rate. Top notch product IMO.
    I assume that this may turn global..

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    I hope to hell none of this is true. One, that means hundreds and more likely thousands of us were putting that in our bodies. Two, you're right abou the impact on the industry. $30 for a bottle of Vitamin C might not be as unrealisitc as once thought.... and not so far off either. I hope it's all overexaggerated and not as bad as it looks, but wow that will be bad for so many people if it's not. Look forward to the blog post, PA.

maybe people will stop talking about DMAA for five minutes OTOH
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    Bro, I'm "experienced" with amphetamines, too (just not meth). The first three tubs of Craze I tried were unlike anything I've experienced from a dietary supplement. I could take 2 scoops of that in the morning and be good to go for 6+ hours. And it definately gave me the urge to re-dose like amphetamines tend to do. The crash from Craze was horrific and even 12+ hours after taking it my heart was still racing.
    It didn't have your classic amphetamine feel though I've only taken Adderall so couldn't really compare it to standalone D-Aphetamine or Methamphetamine. But it definately had a "drug-like" feel to it as well as side-effects.
    Maybe you got one of the later batches. Sounds like you didn't take what myself and so many others did.

Theoretically speaking we really dunno exactly what the effects of this meth analog would be. It is expected to be resistant to MAO because of the alpha ethyl group so it should last a while. It should penetrate BBB. However its effects on neurotransmission cant really be predicted by a cursory look at the structure (at least not by me)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    Bro, I'm "experienced" with amphetamines, too (just not meth). The first three tubs of Craze I tried were unlike anything I've experienced from a dietary supplement. I could take 2 scoops of that in the morning and be good to go for 6+ hours. And it definately gave me the urge to re-dose like amphetamines tend to do. The crash from Craze was horrific and even 12+ hours after taking it my heart was still racing.
    It didn't have your classic amphetamine feel though I've only taken Adderall so couldn't really compare it to standalone D-Aphetamine or Methamphetamine. But it definately had a "drug-like" feel to it as well as side-effects.
    Maybe you got one of the later batches. Sounds like you didn't take what myself and so many others did.
    I was going off of the assumption this was still in craze today given that AU customs got mad about this like last month. I had 1 tub of the original craze with the throat numbing and everything. It probably was better, but since then ther has still been some variability from batch to batch. If this compound still is in craze, it's not what drove the effects of the original.

8. Quote Originally Posted by tigerbunny View Post
    This is a total ****ing joke, whatever is in craz the half life is way shorter than any amphetamine type drug I've ever heard of. I'm also "experienced" with amphetamines and craze definitely dosnt have any of the typical fiendish craving causing effects that should come with something that is strongly dopaminergic. I'm putting the effects on crappy qa on the raws, specifically all the PEAs.

this is the monoethyl but i would expect similarities

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylisobutylamine

it says greatly reduced dopaminergic. interesting

9. I see them doubling-down big time on the whole "counterfeit Craze" explanation if even half of what I'm reading on the internet is true. Even so... it's probably not gonna turn out good for several people.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    I see them doubling-down big time on the whole "counterfeit Craze" explanation if even half of what I'm reading on the internet is true. Even so... it's probably not gonna turn out good for several people.

a conspiracy minded individual might find that counterfeit thing to be quite "convenient"

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    I see them doubling-down big time on the whole "counterfeit Craze" explanation if even half of what I'm reading on the internet is true. Even so... it's probably not gonna turn out good for several people.
    No joke. I swear craze messed up body. I have lingering constant chest/heart pain on my left side 24/7. It used to only happen on craze days and I eventually stop but the side effect never did. Also, I got bloods drawn and for the first time in my life I had high cholesterol. 227 overall and LDL was High. Stopped craze and it dropped back to normal. No diet change at all. Either way I hope ds and Cahill get what's coming if its true
    *strong supplement shop rep*

Find the latest supplements at the best prices at strongsupplementshop.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    a conspiracy minded individual might find that counterfeit thing to be quite "convenient"
    Touche.....

13. In my case... there is NO addiction feeling for craze. I have been taking it from 1st batch & am still using it twice a week. If anyone would be addicted, it would be me. I even cut back to just twice a week. I feel no need or want to take it more than that. I know everyone is different when it comes to supplements but IMO... I have not felt any dependence for it or any other supplement.

14. Same here. I have bottles from the original run and I only take it 2-3 times a week, no addiction issues, bp issues, cholesterol issues, not talking to unicorns at night, not referring to myself in the third person while engaged in conversation. I do, however, cry when it rains...that one is probably Craze.

15. Plus..... I have passed 2 different drug screenings from work, while using craze

16. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    I guess my question is the drug tests I've passed while using tubs of what we consider 'OG'. Exp Date: 01/15 on the tubs. Lot # 1201378.

For instance, Instant Release Adderall is out of your system in 1-3 days. I was taking Craze nearly everyday though when I got drug-tested, even the morning of as I worked out in the morning then took my drug test a few hours after.

I've never heard of something being able to leave your system that quickly, especially if it's the analog they discovered that you posted.

My chem knowledge isn't as advanced as yours, obviously, but can you offer any 'theories' on how an analog would be able to not get popped on your typical "SAMHSA-5" test?
    SNS Forum Representative | Lift, Laugh, Repeat

17. Is it me, or all of the threads on BB.com being deleted?

18. Just popped in here again...
    So apparently it sounds like someone could possibly pop for meth at an employment related drug screen?
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

19. Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Is it me, or all of the threads on BB.com being deleted?
    They are. I mean.... It was their "breakout" supplement of the year. Not that they have a financial interest or have been raided by the FDA in the past or anything. I do recall Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini suppressing anything state opposed lol. Not being slanderous of course
    *strong supplement shop rep*

Find the latest supplements at the best prices at strongsupplementshop.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by rhino67jg View Post
    In my case... there is NO addiction feeling for craze. I have been taking it from 1st batch & am still using it twice a week. If anyone would be addicted, it would be me. I even cut back to just twice a week. I feel no need or want to take it more than that. I know everyone is different when it comes to supplements but IMO... I have not felt any dependence for it or any other supplement.
    the addictive potential of the analog is unknown, so this is not proof of anythingin fact, seeing how the mono-ethyl has reduced dopaminergic action compared to amphetamine this would be consistent somewhat

21. Quote Originally Posted by rhino67jg View Post
    Plus..... I have passed 2 different drug screenings from work, while using craze
    once again, proves nothing. this is an analog. could very well not be detected (unless specifically screened for)

22. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    once again, proves nothing. this is an analog. could very well not be detected (unless specifically screened for)
    Acquire some of said analog, give to AM users to test, report back results... hahaha jk
    SNS Forum Representative | Lift, Laugh, Repeat

23. Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Is it me, or all of the threads on BB.com being deleted?
    They did the same thing before when this was the hot topic. As much of the OG as they sold, things could wind up sucking very badly for them when all is said and done.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I guess my question is the drug tests I've passed while using tubs of what we consider 'OG'. Exp Date: 01/15 on the tubs. Lot # 1201378.

For instance, Instant Release Adderall is out of your system in 1-3 days. I was taking Craze nearly everyday though when I got drug-tested, even the morning of as I worked out in the morning then took my drug test a few hours after.

I've never heard of something being able to leave your system that quickly, especially if it's the analog they discovered that you posted.

My chem knowledge isn't as advanced as yours, obviously, but can you offer any 'theories' on how an analog would be able to not get popped on your typical "SAMHSA-5" test?

I just got a paper emailed to me showing this analog and others and their cross reactivity in different immunoassays towards meth. Very little cross reactivity with this stuff - could easily slip through

25. Quote Originally Posted by dsbhaver View Post
    Just came out of massive joes supplement store...

They said DS have asked them to take the YouTube clip about craze having a analogue of meth in it, because DS needs more information about it before people make accusations. He went on and said "we have a letter from a pharmacist saying they found it in there"

I don't personally give a crap about it, tried it, was ok. Not a massive fan
    What a freaking joke... First it was denials, then legal threats, then more denials, somebody started selling a counterfeit version and who the hell knows what's up their sleeve next. Seems to me like they're running out of excuses. I've read several of the posts he has made at BB.com. Maybe he's really a nice guy, but he sure didn't come off that way IMO.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    What a freaking joke... First it was denials, then legal threats, then more denials, somebody started selling counterfeit Craze and who the hell knows what's up their sleeve next. Seems to me like they're running out of excuses. I've read several of the posts he has made at BB.com. Maybe he's really a nice guy, but he sure comes off as a condescending p.ric.k online.

I never met him oddly enough

27. Quote Originally Posted by Afi140 View Post
    watchout! Vaughn might say you're slandering. But I agree 100% bro. Hopefully people will finally start to see and the truth will be unveiled.

Personal attacks against DS and Cahill arent gonna win you any more converts than the DS diehards get when they attack anyone that is critical of DS

28. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    Personal attacks against DS and Cahill arent gonna win you any more converts than the DS diehards get when they attack anyone that is critical of DS
    I couldn't give a crap less one way or the other. I'm not a fan of any company, though I will give props if they make a quality product(s). Nor do I hate on any of them without reason. I would just like to know what I was ingesting there for a few months. I'm sure others would like to know as well.
    When you see somebody talking down to others on message boards when they're asking legitimate questions then there's a problem. That's all I was saying.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    Agreed. Sometimes pride comes in... especially when I feel like I have been ingesting God knows what and I feel like the company knew about it all along. Moving forward lol.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    I couldn't give a crap less one way or the other. I'm not a fan of any company, though I will give props if they make a quality product(s), nor do I hate on any of them without reason. I would just like to know what I was ingesting there for a few months. I'm sure others would like to know as well.
    When you see somebody talking down to others on message boards when they're asking legitimate questions then there's a problem. That's all I was saying.
    My sentiment exactly. We don't have the equip or results PA has so i was just a blind consumer ingesting the same stuff you were
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USP Labs and more sued in Class Action Lawsuit
    By _mArs_ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 11:36 PM
  2. BSN class action lawsuit. get your refund.
    By Quinc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 02:43 AM
  3. Class action lawsuit filed RE ephedra
    By GuyinLA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 01:32 AM