Peptopro vs. Hydrolized protein

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Ok doesn't hydrolized why have higher % of protein than peptorpo? They are both fast absorbing protein(correct me if I'm wrong cause I got confused half way somewhere) however hydrolized has more protein in it than Pepto but Pepto clams to be better so you won't need as much and that is small chains of amino acids which mean it absorbed faster.

lets look at it this way. They both clam to be fast absrobing, or even the fastest out in the market. They both clam to have the contain the highest amino acids/serving and both clam that are the next best thing to slice bread(ok I made the last one up but they make it sound like that).

People are using them for intra and post-workout. But which one is better? which on absorbes the fastest? and which one is the best for inra/post workout consumption.

The only thing I know both have incamen(misspelled :() is the high price...and that **** is a FACT!

pero

Awards
casein hydrolysate is the fastest source of protein, but it doesn't have much value for bodybuilding, since the majority of it ends in the intestine tissue after consumption.
whey hydrolysate is the way to go. if the level of hydrolisis is appropriate u can use it pre and during workout.
the best thing u can get currently is beta lactoglobulin whey hydrolysate.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
casein hydrolysate is the fastest source of protein, but it doesn't have much value for bodybuilding, since the majority of it ends in the intestine tissue after consumption.
whey hydrolysate is the way to go. if the level of hydrolisis is appropriate u can use it pre and during workout.
the best thing u can get currently is beta lactoglobulin whey hydrolysate.
Can you please explain to me how you arrived to such a conclusion? Everything will eventually end up in the intestines as this is where absorption of nutrients occurs. Due to this, Pepto (hydrolyzed casein) has great application for not only bodybuilfing, but also for general athletic recovery.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Well I have been reading during class, which I'm still in :O, and peptopro is looking good but SPP cost almost the same and contain almost as much protein as PPP but it looks like it can do more if it's stacked with other proteins such as isolate or hydro.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
id say you cant go wrong with either, seeing whey has stood the test of time....anything better than that would do the job

sometimes information overload is a bad thing

what id like to see is a comparison between primordial MAP (peptopro), and ON hydrowhey....i had a sample of the hydro, taste bad, and being a sample i cant comment....map i like alot, but i need like 3scoops so it goes fast

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
let's go this way...
Primordial Performance's MAP has 17g serving size scoop and 10g peptopro.. making it 58.9% protein by weight and $30 for 26 servi it costs $1.15/serv and $.11/gram

Optimum HydroWhey has a 39g scoop and 30g protein m4aking it 76.9% protein by weight...at $55 for 30 servings it costs $1.83/serving or $.06/gram protein

peptopro amino content 8.7% leucine
vs
hydrolyzed whey amino content was hard to find so i went off allmax isolate which is 9.6% leucine.....

pero

Awards
@rodja
what I meant was, the majority of ingested casein hydrolysate ends up in splanchnic bed. meaning that a relatively small(er) portion of its AA's actually end up in the bloodstream/muscle tissue.

there are several studies that confirm this, here's one

Deglaire et al. Hydrolyzed dietary casein as compared with the intact protein reduces postprandial peripheral, but not whole-body, uptake of nitrogen in humans. Am J Clin Nutr. (2009) 90(4):1011-22.

BACKGROUND: Compared with slow proteins, fast proteins are more completely extracted in the splanchnic bed but contribute less to peripheral protein accretion; however, the independent influence of absorption kinetics and the amino acid (AA) pattern of dietary protein on AA anabolism in individual tissues remains unknown. OBJECTIVE: We aimed to compare the postprandial regional utilization of proteins with similar AA profiles but different absorption kinetics by coupling clinical experiments with compartmental modeling. DESIGN: Experimental data pertaining to the intestine, blood, and urine for dietary nitrogen kinetics after a 15N-labeled intact (IC) or hydrolyzed (HC) casein meal were obtained in parallel groups of healthy adults (n = 21) and were analyzed by using a 13-compartment model to predict the cascade of dietary nitrogen absorption and regional metabolism. RESULTS: IC and HC elicited a similar whole-body postprandial retention of dietary nitrogen, but HC was associated with a faster rate of absorption than was IC, resulting in earlier and stronger hyperaminoacidemia and hyperinsulinemia. An enhancement of both catabolic (26%) and anabolic (37%) utilization of dietary nitrogen occurred in the splanchnic bed at the expense of its further peripheral availability, which reached 18% and 11% of ingested nitrogen 8 h after the IC and HC meals, respectively. CONCLUSIONS: The form of delivery of dietary AAs constituted an independent factor of modulation of their postprandial regional metabolism, with a fast supply favoring the splanchnic dietary nitrogen uptake over its peripheral anabolic use. These results question a possible effect of ingestion of protein hydrolysates on tissue nitrogen metabolism and accretion.

and as far as pre/intra training supplementation goes: free form amino acids +fast carbs + ergogenics ftw

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
@rodja
what I meant was, the majority of ingested casein hydrolysate ends up in splanchnic bed. meaning that a relatively small(er) portion of its AA's actually end up in the bloodstream/muscle tissue.

there are several studies that confirm this, here's one

Deglaire et al. Hydrolyzed dietary casein as compared with the intact protein reduces postprandial peripheral, but not whole-body, uptake of nitrogen in humans. Am J Clin Nutr. (2009) 90(4):1011-22.

BACKGROUND: Compared with slow proteins, fast proteins are more completely extracted in the splanchnic bed but contribute less to peripheral protein accretion; however, the independent influence of absorption kinetics and the amino acid (AA) pattern of dietary protein on AA anabolism in individual tissues remains unknown. OBJECTIVE: We aimed to compare the postprandial regional utilization of proteins with similar AA profiles but different absorption kinetics by coupling clinical experiments with compartmental modeling. DESIGN: Experimental data pertaining to the intestine, blood, and urine for dietary nitrogen kinetics after a 15N-labeled intact (IC) or hydrolyzed (HC) casein meal were obtained in parallel groups of healthy adults (n = 21) and were analyzed by using a 13-compartment model to predict the cascade of dietary nitrogen absorption and regional metabolism. RESULTS: IC and HC elicited a similar whole-body postprandial retention of dietary nitrogen, but HC was associated with a faster rate of absorption than was IC, resulting in earlier and stronger hyperaminoacidemia and hyperinsulinemia. An enhancement of both catabolic (26%) and anabolic (37%) utilization of dietary nitrogen occurred in the splanchnic bed at the expense of its further peripheral availability, which reached 18% and 11% of ingested nitrogen 8 h after the IC and HC meals, respectively. CONCLUSIONS: The form of delivery of dietary AAs constituted an independent factor of modulation of their postprandial regional metabolism, with a fast supply favoring the splanchnic dietary nitrogen uptake over its peripheral anabolic use. These results question a possible effect of ingestion of protein hydrolysates on tissue nitrogen metabolism and accretion.

and as far as pre/intra training supplementation goes: free form amino acids +fast carbs + ergogenics ftw
Did you miss this part?

pero

Awards

parts are useless if u don't have the whole picture. what is faster rate of absorption worth, if AA's still end up in the splanchnic bed?

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Pepto, hydro, iso, nitro, lysol, blah blah blah...

Whey protein is whey protein. I do know there are grades of whey but at this point in the game, I don't think there's too much of a difference that would be noticeable to a normal, athletic person. You wake up, slam a shake. Workout, slam a shake. Before you sleep, slam a shake. It all goes to the same place eventually. Maybe if you're an elite olympic caliber athlete or competing in a professional circle, then I could see something so minute making a difference, but to use normal folk, who cares. 100% whey is 100% whey.

I know many will probably disagree with me, but hey, we all have our opinions and this is mine. Just buy a protein that you like the taste of and that you can afford. Well, unless of course you're an olympic athlete but I doubt that you'd be here reading this. PROPER DIET & NUTRITION along with a sound TRAINING REGIMEN will get you to where you want to be if you have the drive and determination. ISO, HYDRO, PEPTO~Bismol won't!

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
^^^^ill agree with you...whey has stood the test of time, not like guys 20yrs ago suffered from the lack of hydros and nitros and so on

alot of it imo is information overload, with what to take, eat, when , how, with what, and so on.....when its simple, eat(good and alot)/sleep(alot)train(hard, no creampuff stuff)

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Pepto, hydro, iso, nitro, lysol, blah blah blah...

Whey protein is whey protein. I do know there are grades of whey but at this point in the game, I don't think there's too much of a difference that would be noticeable to a normal, athletic person. You wake up, slam a shake. Workout, slam a shake. Before you sleep, slam a shake. It all goes to the same place eventually. Maybe if you're an elite olympic caliber athlete or competing in a professional circle, then I could see something so minute making a difference, but to use normal folk, who cares. 100% whey is 100% whey.

I know many will probably disagree with me, but hey, we all have our opinions and this is mine. Just buy a protein that you like the taste of and that you can afford. Well, unless of course you're an olympic athlete but I doubt that you'd be here reading this. PROPER DIET & NUTRITION along with a sound TRAINING REGIMEN will get you to where you want to be if you have the drive and determination. ISO, HYDRO, PEPTO~Bismol won't!
^^^^ill agree with you...whey has stood the test of time, not like guys 20yrs ago suffered from the lack of hydros and nitros and so on

alot of it imo is information overload, with what to take, eat, when , how, with what, and so on.....when its simple, eat(good and alot)/sleep(alot)train(hard, no creampuff stuff)
This thread was not meant for beginners! I personally follow my diet way better and more restrict than I follow my religion and I take it very seriously. Also you CAN NOT compare old school bodybuilders to the new ones. We have came a long ass way in the sport and the nutrition. Everybody that has posted above you are guys that know what they are doing and I am sure no new guy well be searching for a $30/lb peptopro protein that has ****ty bitter taste.

Back to the subject: Peptopro digest a little faster but is it worth all that extra cash? Come on guys...everybody keep talking about it and how it's an awesome intra/post-workout shake...well now it's the time to show what it's made out of!

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
did i miss something or i was called a beginner lmao

to answer your original post....i like petopro and use the one from primordial as it tastes decent

splyashenko

Awards
i know im waking up a old thread but i am trying to gather as much info on peptopro before i buy. does that study really prove that peptopro isnt better then bcaas or whey isolates, etc. please if someone can comment i would appreciate it.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i know im waking up a old thread but i am trying to gather as much info on peptopro before i buy. does that study really prove that peptopro isnt better then bcaas or whey isolates, etc. please if someone can comment i would appreciate it.
Its been out for quite some time and.....

If it was the end all be all protein, it would be much more popular. If you can tolerate whey save some cash and stick with what works. More studies need to be done and the interest for such studies just isn't there.

My opinion...

I've never used pepto due to cost and I rarely jump on hype products.

- Valdez

splyashenko

Awards
i know that it has been out for some time know. i only came across it while looking for different hydro whep products. i read ever thread on this forum and several others. some people arent impressed but most say its good. but this study just bothers me. i read it on lyle mcdonalds site and just can stop thinking about. i feel like he knows his stuff so i wanna trust it but why to people claim that 15-20 grams of peptopro is like 40-50 grams whey isolate? anyone one else?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i can never tell a difference between proteins. its a supplement...i dont expect anything but to be a supplement. results come from food not powder

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i can never tell a difference between proteins. its a supplement...i dont expect anything but to be a supplement. results come from food not powder
Boom!!!

- Valdez

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Not always with respect to performance ;)If I'm an endurance athlete, I'm taking peptopro and dextrose between races, not oats and hydrolyzed whey

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not always with respect to performance ;)If I'm an endurance athlete, I'm taking peptopro and dextrose between races, not oats and hydrolyzed whey
i agree. i was just speaking from my perspective personally. i dont train for performance.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tell a difference in whey isolate, and hydrolized whey isolate, I prob won't ever go back to isolate or concentrate, ever.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Peptopro imo is just far to expensive to even consider, even if price isn't an option.

Mike

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd take a good steak over any protein powder. If I purchase protein powder I'm not worried about the ridiculous marketing hype surrounding so called "Ultra filtered" and "Micro Filtered". All that is just nonsense to me anyway. I just don't bother with. Is it really going to make that significant a difference in you "results" from supplementing with maybe 1-2 servings of protein powder a day if your using a more expensive protein?. Is it really worth the extra cost?. I highly doubt it.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
I'd take a good steak over any protein powder. If I purchase protein powder I'm not worried about the ridiculous marketing hype surrounding so called "Ultra filtered" and "Micro Filtered". All that is just nonsense to me anyway. I just don't bother with. Is it really going to make that significant a difference in you "results" from supplementing with maybe 1-2 servings of protein powder a day if your using a more expensive protein?. Is it really worth the extra cost?. I highly doubt it.
The big thing with peptopro is to take it during the workout.
You can't do that with WPC/WPI.

domore

Awards
Agreed. If I want protein, I will have food. I don't even own protein powder. However, I see PeptoPro being used similar to BCAAs.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why not? And what advantage does peptopro intra workout have over far cheaper bcaas?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why not? And what advantage does peptopro intra workout have over far cheaper bcaas?
Increased latency of MPS elevation. But this is all semantics because I would only​ recommend intraworkout BCAAs/peptopro to endurance athletes.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if steak was as cheap as protein powder.. id def opt for steak!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While off topic, the older I get the more I agree with this. I get older, use less ancillary stuff, and see better progress than when I used MORE supps. :shrug:

On topic, I seem to have fewer GI issues with pepto pro, even when mixed with water.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Increased latency of MPS elevation. But this is all semantics because I would only​ recommend intraworkout BCAAs/peptopro to endurance athletes.
or for those who are working for a couple hours.
I used to train 2h30 / 3h each session (wich is good for me), and without BCAA+Peptopro+Dextrose, i wouldn't be able to train past 1h30.
Now that i only train 1h30 (time restriction) those become useless to me .

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
am now looking at pepto pro vs hydrolyzed whey.

cost for me ends up being close.

3lbs of pepto pro, with 90 servings, 12g of protein per serving (serving size 15g) is $88.50, and will need to be flavored.

5lbs of iso-100 (hydrolyzed whey isolate), with 90 servings, 25g of protein per serving (serving size 28g), about $70.00 bucks and is flavored.

iso-100 works great, taste good, I like it.

im looking at peptopro d/t performance enhancement effects i've noticed when using it from vpx products, no shotgun/synthesize

and wondering if I should give it a try.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
am now looking at pepto pro vs hydrolyzed whey.

cost for me ends up being close.

3lbs of pepto pro, with 90 servings, 12g of protein per serving (serving size 15g) is $88.50, and will need to be flavored.

5lbs of iso-100 (hydrolyzed whey isolate), with 90 servings, 25g of protein per serving (serving size 28g), about $70.00 bucks and is flavored.

iso-100 works great, taste good, I like it.

im looking at peptopro d/t performance enhancement effects i've noticed when using it from vpx products, no shotgun/synthesize

and wondering if I should give it a try.

No synthesize was a stable for me a while back... for a long time. Good stuff IMO.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got iso-100 for 58 bucks, shipped, so went with that, cause peptopro just couldn't compete with 5lbs of iso 100 at that price.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One thing to think about is satiety. If you're bulking and having a hard time choking down 4k cals, squeezing out extra calories and not filling up from WPI (I know some dont) can also be looked at.

Karbolyn + Peptopro to me is like drinking water. Does nothing to makeong me feel "full" I could still smash food after a 75gr/15gr mix.

On the other hand 25gr hydro makes me feel a bit fuller especially when taken with carbs (never tried with Karbolyn & been some years since I've even used)

I think it's all relative to your application. Kind of like mr. Cooler had mentioned

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One thing to think about is satiety. If you're bulking and having a hard time choking down 4k cals, squeezing out extra calories and not filling up from WPI (I know some dont) can also be looked at.

Karbolyn + Peptopro to me is like drinking water. Does nothing to makeong me feel "full" I could still smash food after a 75gr/15gr mix.

On the other hand 25gr hydro makes me feel a bit fuller especially when taken with carbs (never tried with Karbolyn & been some years since I've even used)

I think it's all relative to your application. Kind of like mr. Cooler had mentioned
So so true, in contest preps cottage cheese and oatmeal are a staple in all my shakes.. and psyllium husk when i drop oatmeal for carbs.

Mike