Blood Pressure and Magnesium

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
In the past, I have taken ephedra and other stimulants before riding my bicycle, lifting, karate, etc. Also, I drink a LOT of coffee. At times, I did not like the feeling I got from the BP increase. For me, adding a daily magnesium supplement (along with a multi vitamin which already adds magnesium) was very helpful. I did not get the jitters quite so bad and my BP dropped a bit on average according to the automated tested at my local pharmacy. I generally felt better taking the same level of stims when accompanied by some magnesium.

Also, quite a few years ago in my mid 20s, at one point I accidentally doubled up on my L-tyrosine due to a poorly labeled container. My BP went way up and I was also having shortness of breath. This really sucked while wearing a bullet proof vest. One of the EMTs told me to try some magnesium. I went straight to a grocery story and got some and took it immediately. I felt better within a couple of hours.

If anyone is having trouble with their stims and BP this may be helpful. Insert the standard medical, I am not a doctor, etc disclaimer here. And no, I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night either.

RELATED ARTICLE

Of course, YMMV. Cheers.