1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

the goal with DAA

So I guess the goal is to have a test boost for two or three weeks, and get off of it before estrogen becomes a problem?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    So I guess the goal is to have a test boost for two or three weeks, and get off of it before estrogen becomes a problem?
    Yes. Or, estrogen formation can be attenuated simultaneously.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    Would there be a potential estrogen related issue if the D-AA was dosed according to the original study (12 on, 12 off)?

Also, what are you thoughts on D-AA and prolactin levels? Would you recommend using a prolactin antagonist, such as Vitamin B6/P-5-P, during the dosing period?
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

Why not use a mild AI while extending a DAA cycle to a month or longer?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.6%

Quote Originally Posted by hoopem6 View Post
    Would there be a potential estrogen related issue if the D-AA was dosed according to the original study (12 on, 12 off)?

Also, what are you thoughts on D-AA and prolactin levels? Would you recommend using a prolactin antagonist, such as Vitamin B6/P-5-P, during the dosing period?
    Are you asking me? I'm not an expert, but you have good questions!
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Are you asking me? I'm not an expert, but you have good questions!
    Sorry for the confusion king, but I was hoping to get a response from Dr. D regarding the subject matter.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%

I use L-Dopa to keep prolactin at bay. Pretty much anything that raises your dopamine levels should work.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

There could be that risk, but I have not encountered it so far. I've experimented with DAA over about the last half a year, from 2.3g to 4.6g daily. I've even stacked it with Forskolin, which should theoretically amplify the risk of sides, but I've had no probs at all. I've stacked it with 7-MF too, which doesn't seem to be necessary, but adds another synergist to test production and extra insurance for guys that are gyno prone. I am exceptionally estro sensitive and still haven't found a dose or combo that's problematic. This ingredient seems pretty versatile and non-threatening as far as prolactin and estrogen.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

There could be that risk, but I have not encountered it so far. I've experimented with DAA over about the last half a year, from 2.3g to 4.6g daily. I've even stacked it with Forskolin, which should theoretically amplify the risk of sides, but I've had no probs at all. I've stacked it with 7-MF too, which doesn't seem to be necessary, but adds another synergist to test production and extra insurance for guys that are gyno prone. I am exceptionally estro sensitive and still haven't found a dose or combo that's problematic. This ingredient seems pretty versatile and non-threatening as far as prolactin and estrogen.
    Excellent! Thank you for the detailed response!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Why not use a mild AI while extending a DAA cycle to a month or longer?
    Yes, just for extra insurance. It doesn't seem to be necessary, but I don't think it hurts. Some AI's can actually antagonize the steroidogenic mechanism of DAA, but 7-MF seems like a solid natural choice.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by CJSalcedo View Post
    I use L-Dopa to keep prolactin at bay. Pretty much anything that raises your dopamine levels should work.
    Yep, just a smidgen before bed with do ya! Too much and I get kinda queezy though.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Whoa whoa whoa....hold the phone. Dr. D is back? This may be bigger news than any info given in this thread
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa....hold the phone. Dr. D is back? This may be bigger news than any info given in this thread
    DW, it's been awhile since I heard from you man! Wow, years maybe. Thanks for welcoming me back.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.56%

I have been using DAA since sometime in June at the 3 grams dose daily first thing in the morning. I have had no estrogen problems. According to the the study on DAA prolactin levels were only slightly increased but stayed within normal range. What is all this rage about prolactin and estrogen? if you keep your dose to 3.12 grams daily there won't be any problems.
  15. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Hey Dr D, nice to see you back too Are you using whats sold as straight DAA, or are you using sodium d-aspartate as was used in most of the studies? The only studies i've seen using straight DAA are injected (in vivo at least) in rats. I figure the combination of NaDA, and Applied Nutriceuticals Free Test, as well as something like Activate Extreme would be overall a hugely potent + and synergistic supplement stack (and i'll be finally starting in a couple weeks, ordered huge quantity of NaDA )
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by fanzdslpwr View Post
    if you keep your dose to 3.12 grams daily there won't be any problems.
    but 3.13grams and you're just asking for trouble bub

I didn't mean any negativity by this, just found it funny you put 3.12gr. I dont know anything about DAA
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.6%

Dr.D, you ran it a half a year straight!?! any side effects long term to look out for? *besides hormonally* like is it slightly toxic to any organs that may build up over time or whatever?
    CELTIC LABS REP
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.06%

can you please explain how forskolin amplify's the risk of sides, thanks
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Hey Dr D, nice to see you back too Are you using whats sold as straight DAA, or are you using sodium d-aspartate as was used in most of the studies? The only studies i've seen using straight DAA are injected (in vivo at least) in rats. I figure the combination of NaDA, and Applied Nutriceuticals Free Test, as well as something like Activate Extreme would be overall a hugely potent + and synergistic supplement stack (and i'll be finally starting in a couple weeks, ordered huge quantity of NaDA )
    Hey EZ! What's poppin'?

I've tried the DL, the pure D, the free acid and the Sodium salt. The DL had distinctly more CNS activity, not sure if I liked it at 6g, but 4.5 wasn't too bad. The pure D is great at ~3g per day (plus or minus) or 2.3g/d stacked with 25mg Forskolin. Forskolin definitely seems to reduce the amount of DAA required and vice-versa. They have overlapping steroidogenic mechanisms. As far as salts, it seems to make very little difference, if any. I can feel the free acid kick in just as fast, that subtle yet distinct mental sensation I get from DAA (kind of an focus factor feeling.) I like one dosing it in the morning on an empty stomach too, but that's probably not super important. The Sodium salt is just fine too, but it requires a bit more than the free acid. The only real advantage in salts are solubility, if you wanna dissolve it in a shake or something.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    Dr.D, you ran it a half a year straight!?! any side effects long term to look out for? *besides hormonally* like is it slightly toxic to any organs that may build up over time or whatever?
    You know me bro, constantly testing something! I've really tried to wreck myself over the years, but I just keep on surviving somehow, lol. I guess God ain't done with me yet.

No, I haven't noticed any subtle long-term sequela, or significant acute toxicity either. Like I said, the DL-AA seemed a little rough to me. I didn't trust the feeling enough to keep testing it, even though it's super cheap compared to D-AA. After all these years I have a pretty good feel for the intrinsic toxicity of things, and DAA seems like it's inherently "pretty ok". I would still suggest cycling it though (like most things, even creatine) as far as a long-term strategy.

My wife asked me tonight if I was "taking something" because she said my back looked a little bumpy. It's funny I had kinda noticed it myself about a month or so ago, but I haven't cycled any phs in over 2 years, so I guess the only side so far is possibly slight acne.

As far as long-term positives, I haven't experienced any major joint healing of old injuries, which I was hoping for since DAA might theoretically repair old connective probs. I have noticed also that I got the "old man nads" more, kinda reminiscent of an hCG effect. Not sure if you'd necessarily consider that a benefit or a side effect though, lol. It could be useful to antagonize certain post-cycle issues I'd bet.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.6%

You know me bro, constantly testing something! I've really tried to wreck myself over the years, but I just keep on surviving somehow, lol. I guess God ain't done with me yet.

No, I haven't noticed any subtle long-term sequela, or significant acute toxicity either. Like I said, the DL-AA seemed a little rough to me. I didn't trust the feeling enough to keep testing it, even though it's super cheap compared to D-AA. After all these years I have a pretty good feel for the intrinsic toxicity of things, and DAA seems like it's inherently "pretty ok". I would still suggest cycling it though (like most things, even creatine) as far as a long-term strategy.

My wife asked me tonight if I was "taking something" because she said my back looked a little bumpy. It's funny I had kinda noticed it myself about a month or so ago, but I haven't cycled any phs in over 2 years, so I guess the only side so far is possibly slight acne.

As far as long-term positives, I haven't experienced any major joint healing of old injuries, which I was hoping for since DAA might theoretically repair old connective probs. I have noticed also that I got the "old man nads" more, kinda reminiscent of an hCG effect. Not sure if you'd necessarily consider that a benefit or a side effect though, lol. It could be useful to antagonize certain post-cycle issues I'd bet.
    ive been on it about 40 days so far and acne is clearly increased but the overbearing sex drive only lasted like 3 weeks then it went back to normal. any blood tests long term or have u noticed it losing effect? i kinda miss that feeling of never being satisfied lol
    CELTIC LABS REP
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by giantbrandon View Post
    can you please explain how forskolin amplify's the risk of sides, thanks
    Forskolin is a fairly indiscriminate stimulant of cAMP mediated steroidogenesis, just like DAA. So, they have similar side-effect potential as far as estrogen and prolactin production. I have never experience a problem in those areas with either compound, together or separate, but forskolin does mess with my stomach at doses over 25-30mg. The dose is supposed to be 50mg though. So adding DAA has worked great, because now I can utilize a lower dose of forskolin and still get results from it! I like the combo. Even though I don't think DAA is all that bad, stacking the forskolin also allows me to keep the dose of DAA as low as reasonably achievable and still get results from it too, as a nice synergistic combo.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    ive been on it about 40 days so far and acne is clearly increased but the overbearing sex drive only lasted like 3 weeks then it went back to normal. any blood tests long term or have u noticed it losing effect? i kinda miss that feeling of never being satisfied lol
    I do have some guys running blood on various DAA protocols, but I'm not at this point. I actually think the effects are getting more pronounced for me though, rather than leveling off. It accumulates, so it makes sense. I was thinking about cutting back to about 1-1.5g/day for awhile, and see how long I could ride a lower dose now that I'm well loaded.

As far as libido goes, it's really hard for me to say bro. It seems like I'm pretty much steady state ready to rock and roll as usual, but my wife is prego again so she's not always a very "cooperative" female test subject anymore.

You might add some Fenugreek extract to your stack. I just tested 4 guys on 900mg/day of solo testofen (50% extract) and they all reported a degree of libido increase. I think it stacks well with the DAA too.
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

I have some bulk DAA in the mail. Time to get the CC back out & get some testofen..
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.01%

Last time I saw DR D on here was when Glycobol was being released. There is ALOT of man love round here for the Dr....
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.65%

Gee, that combination of ingredients sounds like a WIN in my book! I wonder if there are any products out there that might have a similar formulation. That would be pretty killer!!

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinMurder View Post
    Last time I saw DR D on here was when Glycobol was being released. There is ALOT of man love round here for the Dr....
    I wasn't aware that he went away! He's been in the misc. sections.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.61%

Good Thread.

Always great to see Dr.D around.

I just started my third tub of DAA this week. Haven't noticed any sides. The first two tubs were TestForce, and the third is NP's DAA. I figure I'll run through this third tub, and then maybe go off for about a month.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.6%

Whebn I start a thread, Dr. D shows up!
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.91%

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Good Thread.

I just started my third tub of DAA this week. Haven't noticed any sides. The first two tubs were TestForce, and the third is NP's DAA. I figure I'll run through this third tub, and then maybe go off for about a month.
    VERY good thread....highly informative, tks all!

Lonewolf, you running the DAA alongside anything else?
  30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Good Thread.

Hey lonewolf, have you noticed any differences between TestForce and NP's D-AA?

Also, what do you find is the best way to take the bulk D-AA? Mixed with juice, powdered flavoring, protein shake, straight up...
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.61%

Hey lonewolf, have you noticed any differences between TestForce and NP's D-AA?

Also, what do you find is the best way to take the bulk D-AA? Mixed with juice, powdered flavoring, protein shake, straight up...
    Today is only day 2 of using NP's DAA, so I can't say that I've noticed a difference.

I take my DAA upon waking, usually mixed with some cranberry juice.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    ... I wasn't aware that he went away! He's been in the misc. sections.
    Haha, yes, stupid politics has stolen me away in the misc section. But no more! I give up on trying to comprehend political stuff, and I'm back to easier things I can actually understand like supps.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.38%

and the up in prolactin rigth Señor?
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    and the up in prolactin rigth Señor?
    Si senor!

Like some other guys have mentioned, fat dosing Vit. B-6 at night (which I would only do for short periods of time because of neuropathy risk) or taking dopaminergic herbs like Mucuna at night or St. John's Wort in the morning would be my first considerations if it became a problem.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.38%

Si senor!

Like some other guys have mentioned, fat dosing Vit. B-6 at night (which I would only do for short periods of time because of neuropathy risk) or taking dopaminergic herbs like Mucuna at night or St. John's Wort in the morning would be my first considerations if it became a problem.
    St. John's Wort low prolactin.... too?

Got Glycophase ...?

36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    St. John's Wort low prolactin.... too?
    Palabra tu su madre! (did I say that right?)

http://www.psychotropical.com/St_Joh...Efficacy.shtml
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.38%

Palabra tu su madre! (did I say that right?)

http://www.psychotropical.com/St_Joh...Efficacy.shtml

¿la palabra de tu madre? LOL

Got Glycophase ...?

38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.01%

I've been taking Propadrol ep for about 4 days it has 3 grams of daa and 200mg of there AI per serving. I'll report back if I start seeing any prolactin sides cause I get them if I even look at a bottle of PS/AAS.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.61%

I've been taking St. John's now, for a few months. I believe it was one of the keys to helping me kick cigarettes.

Looks like it might be helping in some other ways.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.6%

I know this stuff is supposed to help the gonads use more cholesterol. Dose this happen on a level that can benefit cholesterol levels?

I know it's a stretch, but it runs in my family, so it would be coo if I was on to something!

Similar Forum Threads

1. MY goal
    By hobo12h in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:57 PM
  2. SMP's Goal to a Bigger, BETTER SMP!!!
    By SMP in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 11:23 AM
  3. The Plan & My Goal...
    By 01yz426 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 12:55 AM
  4. Need a Goal
    By CDB in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 05:45 PM
  5. new goal