the goal with DAA

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
So I guess the goal is to have a test boost for two or three weeks, and get off of it before estrogen becomes a problem?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
So I guess the goal is to have a test boost for two or three weeks, and get off of it before estrogen becomes a problem?
Yes. Or, estrogen formation can be attenuated simultaneously.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Or, estrogen formation can be attenuated simultaneously.
Would there be a potential estrogen related issue if the D-AA was dosed according to the original study (12 on, 12 off)?

Also, what are you thoughts on D-AA and prolactin levels? Would you recommend using a prolactin antagonist, such as Vitamin B6/P-5-P, during the dosing period?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Would there be a potential estrogen related issue if the D-AA was dosed according to the original study (12 on, 12 off)?

Also, what are you thoughts on D-AA and prolactin levels? Would you recommend using a prolactin antagonist, such as Vitamin B6/P-5-P, during the dosing period?
Are you asking me? I'm not an expert, but you have good questions!

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Are you asking me? I'm not an expert, but you have good questions!
Sorry for the confusion king, but I was hoping to get a response from Dr. D regarding the subject matter.

CJSalcedo

Awards

I use L-Dopa to keep prolactin at bay. Pretty much anything that raises your dopamine levels should work.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established

There could be that risk, but I have not encountered it so far. I've experimented with DAA over about the last half a year, from 2.3g to 4.6g daily. I've even stacked it with Forskolin, which should theoretically amplify the risk of sides, but I've had no probs at all. I've stacked it with 7-MF too, which doesn't seem to be necessary, but adds another synergist to test production and extra insurance for guys that are gyno prone. I am exceptionally estro sensitive and still haven't found a dose or combo that's problematic. This ingredient seems pretty versatile and non-threatening as far as prolactin and estrogen.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
There could be that risk, but I have not encountered it so far. I've experimented with DAA over about the last half a year, from 2.3g to 4.6g daily. I've even stacked it with Forskolin, which should theoretically amplify the risk of sides, but I've had no probs at all. I've stacked it with 7-MF too, which doesn't seem to be necessary, but adds another synergist to test production and extra insurance for guys that are gyno prone. I am exceptionally estro sensitive and still haven't found a dose or combo that's problematic. This ingredient seems pretty versatile and non-threatening as far as prolactin and estrogen.
Excellent! Thank you for the detailed response!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Why not use a mild AI while extending a DAA cycle to a month or longer?
Yes, just for extra insurance. It doesn't seem to be necessary, but I don't think it hurts. Some AI's can actually antagonize the steroidogenic mechanism of DAA, but 7-MF seems like a solid natural choice.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I use L-Dopa to keep prolactin at bay. Pretty much anything that raises your dopamine levels should work.
Yep, just a smidgen before bed with do ya! Too much and I get kinda queezy though. :knockedout:

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whoa whoa whoa....hold the phone. Dr. D is back? This may be bigger news than any info given in this thread :lol:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Whoa whoa whoa....hold the phone. Dr. D is back? This may be bigger news than any info given in this thread :lol:
DW, it's been awhile since I heard from you man! Wow, years maybe. Thanks for welcoming me back. :)

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
I have been using DAA since sometime in June at the 3 grams dose daily first thing in the morning. I have had no estrogen problems. According to the the study on DAA prolactin levels were only slightly increased but stayed within normal range. What is all this rage about prolactin and estrogen? if you keep your dose to 3.12 grams daily there won't be any problems.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Dr D, nice to see you back too :) Are you using whats sold as straight DAA, or are you using sodium d-aspartate as was used in most of the studies? The only studies i've seen using straight DAA are injected (in vivo at least) in rats. I figure the combination of NaDA, and Applied Nutriceuticals Free Test, as well as something like Activate Extreme would be overall a hugely potent + and synergistic supplement stack (and i'll be finally starting in a couple weeks, ordered huge quantity of NaDA ;))

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D, you ran it a half a year straight!?! any side effects long term to look out for? *besides hormonally* like is it slightly toxic to any organs that may build up over time or whatever?

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
can you please explain how forskolin amplify's the risk of sides, thanks

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Hey Dr D, nice to see you back too :) Are you using whats sold as straight DAA, or are you using sodium d-aspartate as was used in most of the studies? The only studies i've seen using straight DAA are injected (in vivo at least) in rats. I figure the combination of NaDA, and Applied Nutriceuticals Free Test, as well as something like Activate Extreme would be overall a hugely potent + and synergistic supplement stack (and i'll be finally starting in a couple weeks, ordered huge quantity of NaDA ;))
Hey EZ! What's poppin'? :)

I've tried the DL, the pure D, the free acid and the Sodium salt. The DL had distinctly more CNS activity, not sure if I liked it at 6g, but 4.5 wasn't too bad. The pure D is great at ~3g per day (plus or minus) or 2.3g/d stacked with 25mg Forskolin. Forskolin definitely seems to reduce the amount of DAA required and vice-versa. They have overlapping steroidogenic mechanisms. As far as salts, it seems to make very little difference, if any. I can feel the free acid kick in just as fast, that subtle yet distinct mental sensation I get from DAA (kind of an focus factor feeling.) I like one dosing it in the morning on an empty stomach too, but that's probably not super important. The Sodium salt is just fine too, but it requires a bit more than the free acid. The only real advantage in salts are solubility, if you wanna dissolve it in a shake or something.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D, you ran it a half a year straight!?! any side effects long term to look out for? *besides hormonally* like is it slightly toxic to any organs that may build up over time or whatever?
You know me bro, constantly testing something! I've really tried to wreck myself over the years, but I just keep on surviving somehow, lol. I guess God ain't done with me yet. ;)

No, I haven't noticed any subtle long-term sequela, or significant acute toxicity either. Like I said, the DL-AA seemed a little rough to me. I didn't trust the feeling enough to keep testing it, even though it's super cheap compared to D-AA. After all these years I have a pretty good feel for the intrinsic toxicity of things, and DAA seems like it's inherently "pretty ok". I would still suggest cycling it though (like most things, even creatine) as far as a long-term strategy.

My wife asked me tonight if I was "taking something" because she said my back looked a little bumpy. It's funny I had kinda noticed it myself about a month or so ago, but I haven't cycled any phs in over 2 years, so I guess the only side so far is possibly slight acne.

As far as long-term positives, I haven't experienced any major joint healing of old injuries, which I was hoping for since DAA might theoretically repair old connective probs. I have noticed also that I got the "old man nads" more, kinda reminiscent of an hCG effect. Not sure if you'd necessarily consider that a benefit or a side effect though, lol. :) It could be useful to antagonize certain post-cycle issues I'd bet.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
You know me bro, constantly testing something! I've really tried to wreck myself over the years, but I just keep on surviving somehow, lol. I guess God ain't done with me yet. ;)

No, I haven't noticed any subtle long-term sequela, or significant acute toxicity either. Like I said, the DL-AA seemed a little rough to me. I didn't trust the feeling enough to keep testing it, even though it's super cheap compared to D-AA. After all these years I have a pretty good feel for the intrinsic toxicity of things, and DAA seems like it's inherently "pretty ok". I would still suggest cycling it though (like most things, even creatine) as far as a long-term strategy.

My wife asked me tonight if I was "taking something" because she said my back looked a little bumpy. It's funny I had kinda noticed it myself about a month or so ago, but I haven't cycled any phs in over 2 years, so I guess the only side so far is possibly slight acne.

As far as long-term positives, I haven't experienced any major joint healing of old injuries, which I was hoping for since DAA might theoretically repair old connective probs. I have noticed also that I got the "old man nads" more, kinda reminiscent of an hCG effect. Not sure if you'd necessarily consider that a benefit or a side effect though, lol. :) It could be useful to antagonize certain post-cycle issues I'd bet.
ive been on it about 40 days so far and acne is clearly increased but the overbearing sex drive only lasted like 3 weeks then it went back to normal. any blood tests long term or have u noticed it losing effect? i kinda miss that feeling of never being satisfied lol

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
can you please explain how forskolin amplify's the risk of sides, thanks
Forskolin is a fairly indiscriminate stimulant of cAMP mediated steroidogenesis, just like DAA. So, they have similar side-effect potential as far as estrogen and prolactin production. I have never experience a problem in those areas with either compound, together or separate, but forskolin does mess with my stomach at doses over 25-30mg. The dose is supposed to be 50mg though. So adding DAA has worked great, because now I can utilize a lower dose of forskolin and still get results from it! I like the combo. Even though I don't think DAA is all that bad, stacking the forskolin also allows me to keep the dose of DAA as low as reasonably achievable and still get results from it too, as a nice synergistic combo.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
ive been on it about 40 days so far and acne is clearly increased but the overbearing sex drive only lasted like 3 weeks then it went back to normal. any blood tests long term or have u noticed it losing effect? i kinda miss that feeling of never being satisfied lol
I do have some guys running blood on various DAA protocols, but I'm not at this point. I actually think the effects are getting more pronounced for me though, rather than leveling off. It accumulates, so it makes sense. I was thinking about cutting back to about 1-1.5g/day for awhile, and see how long I could ride a lower dose now that I'm well loaded.

As far as libido goes, it's really hard for me to say bro. It seems like I'm pretty much steady state ready to rock and roll as usual, but my wife is prego again so she's not always a very "cooperative" female test subject anymore. :chairshot:

You might add some Fenugreek extract to your stack. I just tested 4 guys on 900mg/day of solo testofen (50% extract) and they all reported a degree of libido increase. I think it stacks well with the DAA too.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have some bulk DAA in the mail. Time to get the CC back out & get some testofen..

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
Last time I saw DR D on here was when Glycobol was being released. There is ALOT of man love round here for the Dr.... :D

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gee, that combination of ingredients sounds like a WIN in my book! ;) :D I wonder if there are any products out there that might have a similar formulation. That would be pretty killer!!

Last time I saw DR D on here was when Glycobol was being released. There is ALOT of man love round here for the Dr.... :D
I wasn't aware that he went away! :D He's been in the misc. sections.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Good Thread.

Always great to see Dr.D around.

I just started my third tub of DAA this week. Haven't noticed any sides. The first two tubs were TestForce, and the third is NP's DAA. I figure I'll run through this third tub, and then maybe go off for about a month.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Whebn I start a thread, Dr. D shows up!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good Thread.

I just started my third tub of DAA this week. Haven't noticed any sides. The first two tubs were TestForce, and the third is NP's DAA. I figure I'll run through this third tub, and then maybe go off for about a month.
VERY good thread....highly informative, tks all!

Lonewolf, you running the DAA alongside anything else?

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Good Thread.

Hey lonewolf, have you noticed any differences between TestForce and NP's D-AA?

Also, what do you find is the best way to take the bulk D-AA? Mixed with juice, powdered flavoring, protein shake, straight up...

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Hey lonewolf, have you noticed any differences between TestForce and NP's D-AA?

Also, what do you find is the best way to take the bulk D-AA? Mixed with juice, powdered flavoring, protein shake, straight up...
Today is only day 2 of using NP's DAA, so I can't say that I've noticed a difference.

I take my DAA upon waking, usually mixed with some cranberry juice.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... I wasn't aware that he went away! :D He's been in the misc. sections.
Haha, yes, stupid politics has stolen me away in the misc section. But no more! I give up on trying to comprehend political stuff, and I'm back to easier things I can actually understand like supps. :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
and the up in prolactin rigth Señor?
Si senor! :)

Like some other guys have mentioned, fat dosing Vit. B-6 at night (which I would only do for short periods of time because of neuropathy risk) or taking dopaminergic herbs like Mucuna at night or St. John's Wort in the morning would be my first considerations if it became a problem.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Si senor! :)

Like some other guys have mentioned, fat dosing Vit. B-6 at night (which I would only do for short periods of time because of neuropathy risk) or taking dopaminergic herbs like Mucuna at night or St. John's Wort in the morning would be my first considerations if it became a problem.
St. John's Wort low prolactin....:sombrero: too?

worm

worm

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking Propadrol ep for about 4 days it has 3 grams of daa and 200mg of there AI per serving. I'll report back if I start seeing any prolactin sides cause I get them if I even look at a bottle of PS/AAS.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking St. John's now, for a few months. I believe it was one of the keys to helping me kick cigarettes.

Looks like it might be helping in some other ways.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I know this stuff is supposed to help the gonads use more cholesterol. Dose this happen on a level that can benefit cholesterol levels?

I know it's a stretch, but it runs in my family, so it would be coo if I was on to something!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Wait, isn't TCF-1 supposed to use DAA to convert cholesterol into testosterone?

338lapuaAI

Awards
I was wondering too if a juice would enhance solubility of bulk DAA. Like grapefruit or orange juice.

Any thoughts DR. D?

first post here. can't take the retards at bb.com anymore.

Primal2

Primal2

Awards
Wait, isn't TCF-1 supposed to use DAA to convert cholesterol into testosterone?
Has nothing to do with cholesterol, I got this from another forum and they aren't my words.

"DAA is thought to increase LH, FSH and test by interacting with the hypothalumus to produce increased concentrations of GnRH which will stimulate the pituitary to release LH and FSH, which then mediate test release and sexual function in the testes."

Primal2

Primal2

Awards
I was wondering too if a juice would enhance solubility of bulk DAA. Like grapefruit or orange juice.

Any thoughts DR. D?

My non scientific answer is "no" :) If I tried to explain it, it wont sound good as someone who is better at it, lol :p

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
As far as long-term positives, I haven't experienced any major joint healing of old injuries, which I was hoping for since DAA might theoretically repair old connective probs.
would LOVE to hear more info on this, i have several problems myself

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Has nothing to do with cholesterol, I got this from another forum and they aren't my words.

"DAA is thought to increase LH, FSH and test by interacting with the hypothalumus to produce increased concentrations of GnRH which will stimulate the pituitary to release LH and FSH, which then mediate test release and sexual function in the testes."
I've read studies demonstrating that DAA acts directly on the testes (Leydig cells) of male animals as well, and accumulates there depending on the circumstances.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i just finished DAA and i didnt have any neg sides...did 12 day on and 12days off,then 12 on again..been off for 3 days.. the boys are hanging low, and they are aching..i notice im alot more calm too..

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established

Any thoughts DR. D?

DAA forms acidic solutions, so bases like Sodium Bicarbonate/Baking Soda would generate salts (Sodium d-Aspartate in this case) if mixed together in a glass or taken simultaneously. That would increase solubility, which means it could likely be taken up from the gut an hour or two faster than the free acid. I don't see why this would be of particular interest though, since it's not a supp you need to start working fast. You don't even have to split the doses up during the day, just take the whole dose whenever. If you take regular DAA, it's all going to be absorbed in a matter of hours probably, no matter if you take it with food, an empty stomach, with juice, or whatever. It's not like a pre-w/o supp or something, where timing is even really an issue IMO. I personally prefer plain ol' DAA, just because it's the most efficient form to use (you don't have to take as much as the other forms.)