Best supplement for relaxation

valheruking

valheruking

Awards
People always tell me that I'm too tense and I can feel it too since my body gets so hot even in cold weather. I tried gaba with minimal results. So whats the best supplement to calm me down. Thanks for your input.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
L-theanine and bacopa monnieri.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
calcium /magnesium supplement before bed ;soak in a bath prior to bed put in some radox

also try taking rhodiola rosea [cut out anything with caffeine in it -cola ;coffee ;chocollate ;tea ;guarana;red bull

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
L-theanine, Phenibut. Rhodiola, generally known as an adaptogen, a term which refers to any agent possessing the ability to increase the body's capacity to adapt to stressful conditions."

I've used all three with success.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Somnidren-GH - Millennium Sports Technologies

purebred

I've heard good stuff about Somnidren-seems like its worth a shot.Melatonin does help you fall asleep faster but the grogginess the next morning at times is not a pleasurable side effect for most people.

I've recently taken Hyland's Calm Forte (2-3 tablets) and I like it's relaxing effects. Its a homeopathic and you can combine it w/any other supplement you'd like. I, personally, haven't needed to though.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i use the slumber stack a scoop of the tea mix really hels me mellow out, good for when on cycle cause my girl gets amped before bed for some reason, she tries to fight being tired :/

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've heard good stuff about Somnidren-seems like its worth a shot.Melatonin does help you fall asleep faster but the grogginess the next morning at times is not a pleasurable side effect for most people.

I've recently taken Hyland's Calm Forte (2-3 tablets) and I like it's relaxing effects. Its a homeopathic and you can combine it w/any other supplement you'd like. I, personally, haven't needed to though.
the good things you have heard about somnidren are true. this stuff is great! you wanted chilled out-you got chilled out. great:sleeping:too.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
300mg Valerian root w/ 2.5mg Melatonin........just awesome....and really cheap....Walmart!

valheruking

valheruking

Awards
Thanks guys, if you had to choose one of these 3 which would be most effective?

1) L-theanine
2) gaba
3) valerian

ekdevil

Awards
indica strain weed.something like Grandaddy Purple or OG Kush

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
How about you read up on them, and pick one. Let us know how it goes.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, if you had to choose one of these 3 which would be most effective?

1) L-theanine
2) gaba
3) valerian
For me GABA is pretty awesome...there are drinks that are anti-energy that have a combo of those ingredients tho.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I like SNOOZE IN W/ Melatonin from Vitamin Shoppe. Lights out is a good one too. I also like some of the night time teas with Chamomile in them. Calm tea by TAZO is great. Sleepytime is a good one too.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
somnidren by mst. this is a must try.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tranquil sleep, alittle pricey and it says take 2 per night, but i only take 1 and it's pure relaxtion, close ur eyes and ur out, i don't get groggy the next morning, crazy dreams

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I will have to check some of those out. HI-TECH Pharmaceuticals makes one. This kid wrote a review on it that made me laugh. He said he felt drunk in the morning it hit him so hard. He said he only took one dose, and slept a full night. I dont know. Maybe it affects everyone different, but I would like to try it some time on a weekend. lol...

Kt31489

Awards
Can Anyone Tell Me Where I Could Find The Real Ephedra Diet Pills?
After Having My Child I Just Cant Lose The Weight By Myself I Need Help.
I'm Only 20 And I Just Dont Want To Feel Like This Any More

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Somnidren GH/ZMK/Nocturnabol. Of course though, I would suggest eliminating what is stressing you out so you can relax easier. Good luck!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Somnidren GH/ZMK/Nocturnabol. Of course though, I would suggest eliminating what is stressing you out so you can relax easier. Good luck!!
somnidren. almost benzo like in effects.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Did you know serotonin plays a role in controlling body temperature? Your body actually depletes serotonin when trying to cool itself, this is why the heat makes some people irritable. It sure makes me irritable. I can't stand being hot. I tend to be hot all the time too. I keep the A/C low all the time. Since moving to HOT florida I have become really irritable and more stressed out and on edge. I really believe it has lowered my serotonin levels more. Try some L-tryptophan with 5-htp to boost those levels back up gradually. BTW..don't know where you live but I am willing to bet you would feel much better in a colder climate. I'm moving back north myself.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did you know serotonin plays a role in controlling body temperature? Your body actually depletes serotonin when trying to cool itself, this is why the heat makes some people irritable. It sure makes me irritable. I can't stand being hot. I tend to be hot all the time too. I keep the A/C low all the time. Since moving to HOT florida I have become really irritable and more stressed out and on edge. I really believe it has lowered my serotonin levels more. Try some L-tryptophan with 5-htp to boost those levels back up gradually. BTW..don't know where you live but I am willing to bet you would feel much better in a colder climate. I'm moving back north myself.
geez-i live in indiana! stay where you are it, winters are hell. i like being able to spend time outdoors-but that's just me, i guess.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
geez-i live in indiana! stay where you are it, winters are hell. i like being able to spend time outdoors-but that's just me, i guess.
Yea, the winters can give you the blues too but you can supplement with some vitamin D and hit the slopes ;) I like the outdoors too but I miss dirt and mountains, none of which exist in florida. It sucks going mountain biking and sinking in the ground.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea, the winters can give you the blues too but you can supplement with some vitamin D and hit the slopes ;) I like the outdoors too but I miss dirt and mountains, none of which exist in florida. It sucks going mountain biking and sinking in the ground.
hahaha, you need a geography lesson, indiana is flat as hell, lol. it gets so damned cold here that the trip back and forth to your car is as far as you want to go-it sucks. had to bring my dog in to the back porch-he thinks it sucks too, lol.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
hahaha, you need a geography lesson, indiana is flat as hell, lol. it gets so damned cold here that the trip back and forth to your car is as far as you want to go-it sucks. had to bring my dog in to the back porch-he thinks it sucks too, lol.
After I typed that I said to myself, wait a minute.. don't think he has mountains there. LOL. Yeah that would suck. :dunno:

valheruking

valheruking

Awards
I'm in Canada so I don't think your theory applies to me but its definitely interesting.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I'm in Canada so I don't think your theory applies to me but its definitely interesting.
Well it wasn't soley based on your location, you could still have a issue with low serotonin being in a cold climate. You could also have thyroid issues too. Have you had that checked out? Being that you live in canada you may even benifet from vitamin D supplementation as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well it wasn't soley based on your location, you could still have a issue with low serotonin being in a cold climate. You could also have thyroid issues too. Have you had that checked out? Being that you live in canada you may even benifet from vitamin D supplementation as well.
vitamin d is a great idea, this is 1st winter i have taken it and will continue to take every winter.