Anxiety? - AnabolicMinds.com

Anxiety?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    2179970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Anxiety?


    Anything available in a supplement form, prefably herbal to help with mild axiety? Really dont wanna start popping xanax.. any suggestions would be great!!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  2. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Anything available in a supplement form, prefably herbal to help with mild axiety? Really dont wanna start popping xanax.. any suggestions would be great!!

    STOKED! that would be great the Trans Res is a SSRI which is used in many people with Cued anxiety disorders!!!
  3. JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    2179970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    what other side effects does stoked have? I dont really wanna be jittery all day, and what is the primary function of it? is it like a fat burner or a pre workout drink of some sort???? thanks for the advice bud!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    •   
       

  4. heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1153

    Reputation

    judo,
    heres a link to Stoked!
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/a...-capsules.html
    gets a lot of great reviews as its a rather versatile supp, although i have not used it yet personally.

    another thing to looking into is phenibut. it is extremly good at reducing anxiety. do a little google search or search the forums if your not familiar with it. it is absolutely worth looking into. good luck bro
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead
  5. RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1986

    Reputation

    Phenibut works wonders in small doses. Nutraplanet carries it in bulk.
  6. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    what other side effects does stoked have? I dont really wanna be jittery all day, and what is the primary function of it? is it like a fat burner or a pre workout drink of some sort???? thanks for the advice bud!
    its a natural test booser with many other great benifits!!
  7. andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,468
    Rep Power
    489931

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Stoked does contain Trans-reservatrol which helps one to be in a well-stae of being, try also rhidiola rosea, small amounts of natural form of l-dopa, picamilon, and holy basil.
    doing my own thang!
  8. mooch2321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,835
    Rep Power
    2013

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Anything available in a supplement form, prefably herbal to help with mild axiety? Really dont wanna start popping xanax.. any suggestions would be great!!
    why on earth would you not wanna get XANAX? you could use it when your anxious...or when your out of weed and you want to kill the blow so you can sleep...lol

    in all seriousness tho why would you use a crappy product like stoked??? get something good like post cycle support!
  9. JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    2179970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    why on earth would you not wanna get XANAX? you could use it when your anxious...or when your out of weed and you want to kill the blow so you can sleep...lol

    in all seriousness tho why would you use a crappy product like stoked??? get something good like post cycle support!
    lol.. I have tried weed before and it makes my anxiety worse.. my mind races and worries about the dumbest things and not too mention the whole paranoid thing and I get a weird self esteem issues when high...
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  10. Mjolnir's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    11193

    Reputation

    Geranium on nutra, its amazing and makes you feel great. Combine it with phenibut.
  11. RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1986

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Geranium on nutra, its amazing and makes you feel great. Combine it with phenibut.
    That sounds like a fun combo to try, but don't think geranimine would be too good for anxiety being as its a potent stimulant.
  12. Mjolnir's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    11193

    Reputation

    ehhh its not quite like caffeine and it makes you feel good so even though you have energy and you are focused your mood is always good on it, instead of being just mellowed out like on anti-d drugs.
  13. Chefdeez's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    65549

    Reputation Reputation

    I would also suggest Phenibut. Maybe 500 mgs with 50 mgs 5-htp. SNS has capped Phenibut or you could go with the bulk powder.
  14. rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204221

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Anything available in a supplement form, prefably herbal to help with mild axiety? Really dont wanna start popping xanax.. any suggestions would be great!!
    try bacopa monnieri- about 500-1500 mg/day of the 40% extract per day will really produce some calming effects- try it- really works well

    also, give 5-HTP a try- take 200mg every 2nd or 3rd day (but not every day)- works wonders
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  15. rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204221

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Stoked does contain Trans-reservatrol which helps one to be in a well-stae of being, try also rhidiola rosea, small amounts of natural form of l-dopa, picamilon, and holy basil.
    trans-res does have some mood-enhancement qualities b/c it increases cAMP, and forskolin is good as well for this.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  16. ohiostate2827's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    785
    Rep Power
    2824

    Reputation

    klonopin is great for me...makes you fearless
  17. luke1984's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    279

    Reputation

    Kratom!

    Kratom is like a gift from the gods to me when it comes to reducing anxiety. If you use it in moderation it can be the perfect "supplement" to help with mild depression, insomnia and anxiety. It's 100% legal and very very safe. If you want more info and/or a link to a superb supplier, just pm me!
  18. giantbrandon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    661
    Rep Power
    414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    also, give 5-HTP a try- take 200mg every 2nd or 3rd day (but not every day)- works wonders
    whats the reason behind taking every second or third day

    thanks
  19. MoTiV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    288

    Reputation

    I have very high anxiety and will probably ask to be put on a prescription soon but for now I take GABA, L-Theanine, Relora, and Valerian Root to sleep. All of these are very inexpensive and do work if you take them daily.
  20. sp447's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    265

    Reputation

    Rhodiola Rosea, 5-HTP
  21. rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204221

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    klonopin is great for me...makes you fearless
    got a pretty good story about klons- my family- aunts, uncles, parents, cousins, etc. all went to Australia in 2002- bout' a 48 hour flight counting layovers, etc. entire family met in Memphis for the flight out to LA, and then to Melbourne. took 3 mg of klonopin before leaving memphis- apparently I missed:

    1. falling asleep for the entire 5 hr. flight to LA
    2. basically stumbling through LAX across the domestic and int'l terminals
    3. passing out again for the entire 6 hr. layover in LA
    4. waking up long enough to board the plane
    5. sleeping for the entire + or - 20 hour flight to Sydney
    6. sleeping on my cousins girlfriend (I weighed 245 lbs. at the time, literally squashed her against the window for 20 hours) and snoring so loudly that they had to put a blanket over my head
    7. woke up long enough to go through int'l customs
    8. slept the entire 5 hr plane ride to Perth
    9. woke up long enough to check into our hotel
    10. slept another 9 hrs. at hotel
    11. having your entire family think you are a crackhead- when in reality you just get bored when you fly- so I figured it would be better just to sleep

    don't **** w/ klons
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  22. rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204221

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by giantbrandon View Post
    whats the reason behind taking every second or third day

    thanks
    too much serotonin can make you real spacey.....and it builds up quick if you take 5-HTP daily
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  23. bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Plus an excess amount of seratonin or any other nuerotransmitter is generally bad because you'll end up down regulating the receptors and that makes it hard to pin down what your problem is.

    If pot makes you edgy you likely have an issue with too much dopamine so avoid anything that jacks those levels.

    Rhodiola and holy basil are golden standards for reducing anxiety IMO, although Rhodi can be slightly tricky to find the ideal dose per individual. Holy basil you can take as much as you want and it just seems to work better and better.

    Good ethanolic extracts of Lemon Balm and Oat Seed are awesome if used 2-3x per day. Greatly reduces anxiety to the point where you can hardly imagine why your situation was causing you grief. Enhances sleep quality a lot as well.

    I prefer straight L-Tryptophan to the 5HTP which seems a bit harder to dose for me. Both work, but IMO there's less chance of your body overproducing seratonin with regular tryp.

    I gotta get me some Klonipin, lol.
  24. giantbrandon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    661
    Rep Power
    414

    Reputation

    thanks guys ive started taking 5 htp from NOW and the bottle says take 1 a day think il up it to 2 or 3 and then take a couple of days off and repeat
  25. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,015
    Rep Power
    917973

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I am going to come at this from a different angle. Instead of relying on some sort of crutch be it OTC or RX, read up and practice meditation. This has helped me to stay relaxed and calm during even the most stressful times. Plus, it has a myriad of other benefits in you everyday life.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Pfffffft! If it's not in a pill, it's not real.




    Juuust kiddin! Yoga works well too.
  27. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    these are all things that may help or worsen the condition. go through the studies go see which are which

    http://www.shrubmed.com/anxiety.html
  28. Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1401

    Reputation

    Relora and ashwagandha stacked 3x a day. These help the body and mind adapt to stress. Valerian in the evening and at night to relax. It may take a few weeks to over a month to notice a difference but it will keep getting stronger and you should notice increased tolerance to stress.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  29. ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,278
    Rep Power
    5601

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Pfffffft! If it's not in a pill, it's not real.
    haha!

    This will become my new motto!
  30. HulkWillSmashU's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    131

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Plus an excess amount of seratonin or any other nuerotransmitter is generally bad because you'll end up down regulating the receptors and that makes it hard to pin down what your problem is.

    If pot makes you edgy you likely have an issue with too much dopamine so avoid anything that jacks those levels.

    Rhodiola and holy basil are golden standards for reducing anxiety IMO, although Rhodi can be slightly tricky to find the ideal dose per individual. Holy basil you can take as much as you want and it just seems to work better and better.

    Good ethanolic extracts of Lemon Balm and Oat Seed are awesome if used 2-3x per day. Greatly reduces anxiety to the point where you can hardly imagine why your situation was causing you grief. Enhances sleep quality a lot as well.

    I prefer straight L-Tryptophan to the 5HTP which seems a bit harder to dose for me. Both work, but IMO there's less chance of your body overproducing seratonin with regular tryp.

    I gotta get me some Klonipin, lol.

    I tried the Holy Basil and it seemed to make my anxiety worse. How is that even possible??
  31. bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    It is possible, yes. My wife has panic attacks on several of the herbs listed above...she's just wired differently.

    Darvoset also amps her up so go figure.
  32. ktw
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    432

    Reputation

    My advice, as someone with a lot of experience with anxiety:

    Get your ass off the internet and go to a better psychiatrist. Find someone that went to a top 10 school and graduated at the top of their class. This is the best thing I ever did. I was put on SSRI's, had problems being disinhibited and spacey and then went off. I tried using over the counter stuff for years without a lot of long term success. I found a good psych, went on a small treatment course with a dopamine inhibitor and I am doing the best I ever have. Along with proper medication, I found that lifestyle and diet changes helped a lot too. Stop drinking energy drinks and start drinking coffee. Stay as active as possible. ETC.

    You should not be consulting people who have no medical background about a complex psychological affliction.
  33. bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    "You should not be consulting people who have no medical background about a complex psychological affliction."



    Like you?
  34. ktw
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    432

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    "You should not be consulting people who have no medical background about a complex psychological affliction."



    Like you?
    I was directing him to go to an expert, not telling him what supps he should take or giving him advice based on anecdotal evidence that has no medical support.
  35. lightemup's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    I have had problems with anxiety when dosing some supplements. Phenubit sounds like a good opp in my opinion!
  36. Imeniaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    392

    Reputation

    Bacopa Monnieri.
  37. Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1401

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lightemup View Post
    I have had problems with anxiety when dosing some supplements. Phenubit sounds like a good opp in my opinion!
    I'd stay away from phenibut. Works shorterm then it gives you long term effects like more anxiety. I have permanent tolerance to it. Search the boards.. many others have it too.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  38. freqfly's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    7244

    Reputation

    Either order online or go to your local Whole Foods Market and look for "Herb Pharm - Good mood tonic"
    Compound is St John's wort, ashwagandha root, skullcap flowering herb, and prickly ash bark.

    Stuff works wonders for me and I have major anxiety issues, and like you, I refuse to be on meds for it.
  39. lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1679

    Reputation

    Check out Cognitive Nutrition's L-Theanine. I've recently been trying this stuff out. Its like a mild OTC xanex.
  40. HulkWillSmashU's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    131

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ktw View Post
    My advice, as someone with a lot of experience with anxiety:

    Get your ass off the internet and go to a better psychiatrist. Find someone that went to a top 10 school and graduated at the top of their class. This is the best thing I ever did. I was put on SSRI's, had problems being disinhibited and spacey and then went off. I tried using over the counter stuff for years without a lot of long term success. I found a good psych, went on a small treatment course with a dopamine inhibitor and I am doing the best I ever have. Along with proper medication, I found that lifestyle and diet changes helped a lot too. Stop drinking energy drinks and start drinking coffee. Stay as active as possible. ETC.

    You should not be consulting people who have no medical background about a complex psychological affliction.
    I hear what you are saying but I haven't had any success with psychiatrists to me it was just a guessing game for them just like it is for me.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. PH and anxiety
    By airram479 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 05:01 PM
  2. Anxiety Coping With Anxiety With Chamomile
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
  3. Anxiety Help Reduce Anxiety With The Help Of Valerian
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
  4. Anxiety?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 11:32 PM
  5. Anxiety
    By BingeAndPurge in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 05:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in