Anxiety Issues

• Thread starter GothamsReckoning
  • Start date
GothamsReckoning

GothamsReckoning

Awards
I touched base with SNS8778 about what he recommends for anxiety, and I’m going to give stress and anxiety support a shot. I’m curious about what substance others have had success with in dealing with excessive anxiety. Prescription or natural substance.

Last edited:
Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Been on Dermacrine for 2 weeks (prob 10-11 days actually) and hands down best thing I’ve ever used for anxiety / mood. Granted, I’ve never used anything Rx for anxiety nor have I tried anything specifically for it other than KSM-66 (which I think made it worse a bit).

I work in a prison too so my anxiety / stress can get a bit high and Derma has made it next to 0

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Laxogenin gets a bad rep but really helps lower/inhibit cortisol. Best laxo supp I've found is Iconic Formulations topical 'Iconogenin'. My girl has issues w anxiety and 1/5-1/2 of the dose on her inner forearm will stop it within minutes.

Interesting @Vitruvian Man suggested Dermacrine which is also an Iconic Formulation product. They make good stuff! Didn't know DHEA could help w anxiety. Both are mild/natty but hormonal so keep that in mind.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Best laxo supp I've found is Iconic Formulations topical 'Iconogenin'.

I would definitely agree with this statement. A lot of positive reviews on it!

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Xanax for acute, situational anxiety. I need it for medical procedures as I’m terrified of needles.

Sensoril (or SNS’s Stress & Anxiety) for more routine uses as it’s not addictive, not a controlled substance and doesn’t have a lot of side effects.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
SNS stress and anxiety support XT is probably the best option. You can play around with dosing with it. I’ll go up to 4 caps when needed, but 2 usually is where I hang out.

You can add other things for boosting mood, etc but I haven’t found much to work as well for actual stress and anxiety as this product (it also boosts performance too).

Tight1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Shilajit.
An absolute game changer for me. Just make sure it's legit & use the resin, works much better than the capsules.

Look into all the other benefits it has too. Only CBD has come close to it regards controlling anxiety.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNS stress and anxiety support XT is probably the best option. You can play around with dosing with it. I’ll go up to 4 caps when needed, but 2 usually is where I hang out.

You can add other things for boosting mood, etc but I haven’t found much to work as well for actual stress and anxiety as this product (it also boosts performance too).
Would definitely agree with this. I typically will cycle this in and out of my supplement stack throughout the year. Great product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I'm the same way - I use 2 caps per day as my baseline and then use additional capsules as needed.

I always take one in the morning and one at night, and then I'll take up to two additional capsules on days I need to.

Stress & Anxiety Support contains Sensoril, Rhodiola, Bacopa, and Theanine - all of which are adaptogens and great for helping with stress, anxiety, and mood. Another nice benefit is that it helps with feelings of being overwhelmed and helps to focus through it and be productive anyway. Also, for people with chronic stress and anxiety, it can affect their memory and Stress & Anxiety Support can help with memory issues related to stress and anxiety.

KannaEase is a great addition to it for people that need something extra. KannaEase can be used either as needed, or as a daily use supplement. Some people use it as needed in order to help them calm down or with acute anxiety, whereas others notice tremendous antidepressant benefits from daily use.

The popularity of this stack, and especially within certain populations is one reason that we have a very low stack price on it right now to allow people to try it:

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What kind of anxiety? Generalized daily anxiety? Situational? Panic attacks? Do you know what causes it?

I think a lot here know I’ve recently gone through really bad anxiety and what I’ve learned is true panic disorder can’t really be touched with supplements or anything natural (maybe thc if you respond well to that) A combination of therapy to learn how to manage your thoughts and reactions to those thoughts with some pharmaceutical help as needed. If it’s minor just butterflies, some of the above mentioned items may be helpful. Dont want to knock their products, but I tried everything under the sun and personally nothing natural made a dent in my panic disorder.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Personally I've suffered from anxiety since I was just a kid. I've found therapy beneficial. I've been blessed with a good psychiatrist that manages the pharmaceutical side. I use sns stress and Anxiety support daily, 2 caps. I use sns kanna ease as needed/wanted. Most importantly, having a relationship with the Savior Jesus Christ and putting full faith and trust in what He did on the cross and the blood He shed to pay my debt brings a deep inner peace.

GothamsReckoning

GothamsReckoning

Awards
What kind of anxiety? Generalized daily anxiety? Situational? Panic attacks? Do you know what causes it?

I think a lot here know I’ve recently gone through really bad anxiety and what I’ve learned is true panic disorder can’t really be touched with supplements or anything natural (maybe thc if you respond well to that) A combination of therapy to learn how to manage your thoughts and reactions to those thoughts with some pharmaceutical help as needed. If it’s minor just butterflies, some of the above mentioned items may be helpful. Dont want to knock their products, but I tried everything under the sun and personally nothing natural made a dent in my panic disorder.
I usually wake up with some level of stomach issues from anxiety every morning. It’s the unknowns of my job that cause it I believe. For example: If I have to give a presentation at work I won’t sleep or eat much leading up to it, which could be weeks. My mood and enjoyment of life are affected. Also a touch of ocd where I check doors to make sure they’re locked multiple times prior to bed.(one example).
I realize all of this is dumb, which is why I want it addressed. The anxiety holds me back in life. Pharmaceuticals may be in my future.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I usually wake up with some level of stomach issues from anxiety every morning. It’s the unknowns of my job that cause it I believe. For example: If I have to give a presentation at work I won’t sleep or eat much leading up to it, which could be weeks. My mood and enjoyment of life are affected. Also a touch of ocd where I check doors to make sure they’re locked multiple times prior to bed.(one example).
I realize all of this is dumb, which is why I want it addressed. The anxiety holds me back in life. Pharmaceuticals may be in my future.
I can relate, a lot more than I would like to, as I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I have always been introverted, but certain aspects of my job cause me problems, almost identical to what you describe. Please report back on how well the supplement works for you. I am thinking about picking up a bottle. I swear I need a milf form of xanax or something sometimes haha but I know that drug is terrible for memory and not good long-term. I want something that doesn't alter my mind too much, just eases the nerves.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have similar experience with ocd. I've found a psychiatrist very beneficial, send me a private message, we can discuss in detail if you'd like

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I don't struggle to that extent but used to experience the morning stomach aches likely due to stress. I was able to find relief from supplementing a B-Complex w P5P, magnesium, and drinking bone broth before bed. When I experience it now, usually if I overdo the morning coffee as it triggers the same symptoms due to higher morning cortisol, I use the aforementioned Laxogenin / Iconogenin. Thats no way to start your day, so I hope you find something that helps.

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
I'm the same way - I use 2 caps per day as my baseline and then use additional capsules as needed.

I always take one in the morning and one at night, and then I'll take up to two additional capsules on days I need to.

Stress & Anxiety Support contains Sensoril, Rhodiola, Bacopa, and Theanine - all of which are adaptogens and great for helping with stress, anxiety, and mood. Another nice benefit is that it helps with feelings of being overwhelmed and helps to focus through it and be productive anyway. Also, for people with chronic stress and anxiety, it can affect their memory and Stress & Anxiety Support can help with memory issues related to stress and anxiety.

KannaEase is a great addition to it for people that need something extra. KannaEase can be used either as needed, or as a daily use supplement. Some people use it as needed in order to help them calm down or with acute anxiety, whereas others notice tremendous antidepressant benefits from daily use.

The popularity of this stack, and especially within certain populations is one reason that we have a very low stack price on it right now to allow people to try it:

Can the SNS stress and anxiety be taken before bed?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can the SNS stress and anxiety be taken before bed?
Yes, I always take 1 capsule before bedtime myself every night, and 2 on some nights if I can't get my mind to stop racing.

We have a lot of people that use 2 capsules before bedtime every night if they struggle with nighttime anxiety, racing thoughts, and/or night terror issues.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
My anxiety is really unfortunate as well. It's almost always health related / panic related. Usually leads me to thinking I am having a heart attack / going to die, convincing myself I have cancer, etc. It's really quite awful.

Lexapro 10mg did negate a lot of this thinking after being in it several months, but I gained like 25 lbs so I am in the process of coming off of it.

I am also on Adderall xr (just 5mg daily) and idk if that will be long term for me because I am suspecting I have stage 1 hypertension based on my BP testing daily. Odd thing is, I never check it unless I start feeling anxious and I get anxious about checking it as well... Anxiety is a rough thing for sure.

Still figuring out how this all works and finding what works best for me.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My anxiety is really unfortunate as well. It's almost always health related / panic related. Usually leads me to thinking I am having a heart attack / going to die, convincing myself I have cancer, etc. It's really quite awful.

Lexapro 10mg did negate a lot of this thinking after being in it several months, but I gained like 25 lbs so I am in the process of coming off of it.

I am also on Adderall xr (just 5mg daily) and idk if that will be long term for me because I am suspecting I have stage 1 hypertension based on my BP testing daily. Odd thing is, I never check it unless I start feeling anxious and I get anxious about checking it as well... Anxiety is a rough thing for sure.

Anxiety is a tough thing and very individualized.

Adderall doesn't necessarily raise blood pressure. It does in some people, but in some people it doesn't. I know can't tell tone sometimes in a forum post, so I want to clarify that I'm saying that in an encouraging way - that if you feel a low dose helps you, even if you have high bp you may not have to stop.

I've struggled with anxiety since 6th grade and its a lot worse at some times than others, and I've found that triggers can even change over the years. I remember it being specifically the 6th grade bc that's the first time I had a panic attack like you're explaining - the chest tightness, etc.

Most of my life, I've had a certain amount of low grade anxiety that is always there, and then have times where like you're saying it goes into a more panic attack or panic type anxiety.

Prescriptions are an odd thing with anxiety and depression bc they work so different for different people and what works well for one person may make someone else worse. Most of the ones I tried made my anxiety and depression worse, especially in the sense of taking me from being sad/depressed to pissed off type depressed.

You mentioned 'still figuring out how this all works' and I think that its a lifelong process for many of us with it.

I have the best regimen I've ever had in place for it now, and it really helps, but its still there. That's what I tell people - supplements can help some people like myself a lot - but its all about realistic expectations - they aren't generally going to magically make it go away, but they can help how we deal with it and for me be the difference between it being almost debilitating at times and me being able to power through it and still be productive in day to day life. Some days are still definitely better than others, but my supplement regimen definitely helps me handle things better.

I hope that you, and everyone that struggles with this can find things that help them.

GothamsReckoning

GothamsReckoning

Awards

I have some lexapro I could take but I’m too afraid to because of experiences like this

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Addy more likely contributing to anxiety than BP, IME.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've dealt with anxiety attacks since 18. Never took anything for it. Controlled breathing and meditation when it gets bad is all I've needed. Not saying it is always easy but I can usually feel it coming on and focus and prevent it from getting bad. Took lots of practice.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everyone in my house uses "Stress & Anxiety". Its the best natty supp out there for these issues...

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Anxiety is a tough thing and very individualized.

Adderall doesn't necessarily raise blood pressure. It does in some people, but in some people it doesn't. I know can't tell tone sometimes in a forum post, so I want to clarify that I'm saying that in an encouraging way - that if you feel a low dose helps you, even if you have high bp you may not have to stop.

I've struggled with anxiety since 6th grade and its a lot worse at some times than others, and I've found that triggers can even change over the years. I remember it being specifically the 6th grade bc that's the first time I had a panic attack like you're explaining - the chest tightness, etc.

Most of my life, I've had a certain amount of low grade anxiety that is always there, and then have times where like you're saying it goes into a more panic attack or panic type anxiety.

Prescriptions are an odd thing with anxiety and depression bc they work so different for different people and what works well for one person may make someone else worse. Most of the ones I tried made my anxiety and depression worse, especially in the sense of taking me from being sad/depressed to pissed off type depressed.

You mentioned 'still figuring out how this all works' and I think that its a lifelong process for many of us with it.

I have the best regimen I've ever had in place for it now, and it really helps, but its still there. That's what I tell people - supplements can help some people like myself a lot - but its all about realistic expectations - they aren't generally going to magically make it go away, but they can help how we deal with it and for me be the difference between it being almost debilitating at times and me being able to power through it and still be productive in day to day life. Some days are still definitely better than others, but my supplement regimen definitely helps me handle things better.

I hope that you, and everyone that struggles with this can find things that help them.
Thanks Steve. I will qualify that I don't actually know if I have High blood pressure or not. I think majority of the time it is anxiety induced high blood pressure. For example this morning -- I woke up with an anxious mind (this is typical) about checking my BP/just generalized anxiety. This is something that was entirely negated on 10mg of Lexapro -- I didn't think about my heart rate, BP, health, anxiety, etc. much at all while on it after it fully kicked in. The thing that was frustrating to me was that what used to work for cutting no longer did. As a 30 y/o male, relatively healthy (6'1, 225lb right now), I was doing a ketogains protocol (1g protein per lb of lean body mass), <20g net carbs, and fat as the lever of gaining, maintaining, or losing weight). Unfortunately, despite cutting to 1800 calories on non-workout days and 2k on workout days, I couldn't get the scale to budge. I was "looking slightly leaner" but the weight..even that initial water weight I expect from low carb, wasn't happening. That led me down the path with talking with my GP about Lexapro potentially being the culprit as I gained the weight upon starting it. It does reduce metaboslism like crazy, while also increasing hunger. I have since cut to 5mg the last 2.5 weeks so far, and I do feel some anxiety coming back unfortunately.

I do think I struggle from chronic stress, high cortisol, etc. I have TMJ issues which is a typical sign, my body (both poterior labrums) have been surgically repaired, and now my right shoulder has a major anterior tear as well. Labrums don't like me.. as I am dealing with a hip tear as well now. All to say.. this causes issues in my neck as well as shoulder function, but we keep chugging on. Its stressful in itself that my way of life has shifted so much from injury, on top of new stressors at work, etc. It's kept my out of being able to continue playing basketball intramurally (played in college).

I think Stress & Anxiety may be a good fit for me, and definitely willing to give it a go. My heart rate isn't an issue at all, it sits around 60 while working at my desk, and gets up to 160 with intense cardio so I don't think its a major issue.

Regarding BP XT - curious if you think that'd be a good fit for me.
Some readings:
Tuesday Morning: 121/72
Tuesday Midday - 142/86
Wednesday Morning - 136/80
Wednesday Evening - 134/91
Thursday Morning - 134/77 (like I said, was anxious this morning). I calmed down, did some deep breathing, and took it again. 121/81 afterwards (which is why I think my anxiety plays a big attribute to the higher readings - but I don't want to overlook that I may have stage1 or pre-hypertension).

It is not out of the normal for me to get 150~/90~ type readings when I am at my most anxious. I avoid doing a reading like the plague during a panic attack because why would I put myself through that, haha.

Thanks!

Addy more likely contributing to anxiety than BP, IME.
I only started adderall on 02/10/2024, so it's only been 5 days. Prior to that I was on Strattera (a non stim) but it made me one angry mother F'er so I had to stop it. I was on stimulant based meds my whole life and college, but stopped afterwards to try and live a life without them. With new responsibilities, stress, and a sense of overwhelmed, I am trying them again but not set on sticking to them necessarily if the cons outweigh the benefits. We'll see on that.

In the past I was on nortryptiline for anxiety/nerve pain and it also increased norepinepherine like adderall does, and it put my body in that same "fight or flight" state that I don't love... I know its suppose to help with focus, and it does.. but I also get bad physical anxiety sides due to it so I am still figuring it all out :)

Thanks!

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Also I will mention, my total test is like 267 ng/dl -- I've never done any hormone altering supplement unless something was spiked (I only get my supps from board members here so I doubt it). I've read it can attribute to anxiety, lack of weight loss, and also fluctuations in blood pressure (usually on the higher side). Not sure if anyone has any information on this. My PCP is a female and while I talk to her about this.. I don't think she is the right person to pursue any treatment if its necessary. Also, 267 technically falls in the "okay range" at our lab (albeit by like 3 points lol).

My wife and I are trying to have kids right now...we've been trying for a while without success. I am not sure getting on some other regiment like TRT would be beneficial in that regard. I've read its not recommended to be on Test while trying to get pregnant but yeah, idk :)

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
To answer specifically and not high-jack (I do think its good to talk about this stuff) --

Things that did not work for me so far:
5-htp
Buspirone (prescription) 10mg daily
Nortryptiline 30mg daily

Things that worked:
Lexapro 10mg (took like 2 months to fully kick in, but did wonders. Only side after the first week was the weight gain / inability to lose weight. This doesn't happen for everyone though). Other sides during first week was the typical dry mouth, baby headache that would come and go, lethargy. Those all subsided quick though.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks Steve. I will qualify that I don't actually know if I have High blood pressure or not. I think majority of the time it is anxiety induced high blood pressure. For example this morning -- I woke up with an anxious mind (this is typical) about checking my BP/just generalized anxiety. This is something that was entirely negated on 10mg of Lexapro -- I didn't think about my heart rate, BP, health, anxiety, etc. much at all while on it after it fully kicked in. The thing that was frustrating to me was that what used to work for cutting no longer did. As a 30 y/o male, relatively healthy (6'1, 225lb right now), I was doing a ketogains protocol (1g protein per lb of lean body mass), <20g net carbs, and fat as the lever of gaining, maintaining, or losing weight). Unfortunately, despite cutting to 1800 calories on non-workout days and 2k on workout days, I couldn't get the scale to budge. I was "looking slightly leaner" but the weight..even that initial water weight I expect from low carb, wasn't happening. That led me down the path with talking with my GP about Lexapro potentially being the culprit as I gained the weight upon starting it. It does reduce metaboslism like crazy, while also increasing hunger. I have since cut to 5mg the last 2.5 weeks so far, and I do feel some anxiety coming back unfortunately.

I do think I struggle from chronic stress, high cortisol, etc. I have TMJ issues which is a typical sign, my body (both poterior labrums) have been surgically repaired, and now my right shoulder has a major anterior tear as well. Labrums don't like me.. as I am dealing with a hip tear as well now. All to say.. this causes issues in my neck as well as shoulder function, but we keep chugging on. Its stressful in itself that my way of life has shifted so much from injury, on top of new stressors at work, etc. It's kept my out of being able to continue playing basketball intramurally (played in college).

I think Stress & Anxiety may be a good fit for me, and definitely willing to give it a go. My heart rate isn't an issue at all, it sits around 60 while working at my desk, and gets up to 160 with intense cardio so I don't think its a major issue.

Regarding BP XT - curious if you think that'd be a good fit for me.
Some readings:
Tuesday Morning: 121/72
Tuesday Midday - 142/86
Wednesday Morning - 136/80
Wednesday Evening - 134/91
Thursday Morning - 134/77 (like I said, was anxious this morning). I calmed down, did some deep breathing, and took it again. 121/81 afterwards (which is why I think my anxiety plays a big attribute to the higher readings - but I don't want to overlook that I may have stage1 or pre-hypertension).

It is not out of the normal for me to get 150~/90~ type readings when I am at my most anxious. I avoid doing a reading like the plague during a panic attack because why would I put myself through that, haha.

Thanks!

I only started adderall on 02/10/2024, so it's only been 5 days. Prior to that I was on Strattera (a non stim) but it made me one angry mother F'er so I had to stop it. I was on stimulant based meds my whole life and college, but stopped afterwards to try and live a life without them. With new responsibilities, stress, and a sense of overwhelmed, I am trying them again but not set on sticking to them necessarily if the cons outweigh the benefits. We'll see on that.

In the past I was on nortryptiline for anxiety/nerve pain and it also increased norepinepherine like adderall does, and it put my body in that same "fight or flight" state that I don't love... I know its suppose to help with focus, and it does.. but I also get bad physical anxiety sides due to it so I am still figuring it all out :)

Thanks!
Strattera is an interesting drug bc for some people it can work great for ADHD and anxiety, for others it doesn't work at all, and for some it makes them mad. And even for those that it works for, the side effects can be brutal. Plus, a lot of people experience Tachyphylaxis from it which sucks - it stopping working.

My experience with it when I was younger was that the side effects were terrible but for about 6 months, it made me know what 'normal' actually felt like, then for it to all go away all of a sudden. It was one of the craziest drug experiences I've ever had bc the side effects and benefits literally just stopped one day. I went off it for 6 months, tried it again, and it didn't work the same at all.

As for your blood pressure, I think you should possibly try to get readings more than once a day for a week or two - but yours really isn't bad for someone dealing with anxiety the way you are.

I think Stress & Anxiety Support would help take the edge off. You mentioned high cortisol, I think Reduce XT may be very helpful for you as well. Reduce XT is very good at helping reduce cortisol and is most commonly used for fat loss, but most people notice a nice increase in mood from it.

I hope that info helps. If you'd like to discuss anything more privately, send me a pm and I'll give you my contact info.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
NOW Foods kava kava has worked well for me.
I like Kava as well. I had some yesterday because I had felt in a bad mood all day. It definitely takes the edge off and can make your activities fun again.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have had pretty good luck with this stack.
SNS stress & anxiety/Kannaease/Reduce XT(could substitute XPG supress C). I enjoy this stack and my wife really benefited from it to help anxiety of school and presentations/testing etc and dealing with family and just other things that caused her anxiety. She currently is not on them (pregnant with are second child) she has made several comments that she is very ready to be on her stack again!

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Have had pretty good luck with this stack.
SNS stress & anxiety/Kannaease/Reduce XT(could substitute XPG supress C). I enjoy this stack and my wife really benefited from it to help anxiety of school and presentations/testing etc and dealing with family and just other things that caused her anxiety. She currently is not on them (pregnant with are second child) she has made several comments that she is very ready to be on her stack again!
I am about to start this same stack soon 👍

NeoCycle98

Awards
I may be able to help here based on my own struggles. Sorry for the length, even if this helps one person, it will be well worth typing and the long read, bear with me.

I am proud to say I found my cure for my anxiety, depression and rumination secondary to combat PTSD. I tried many of the things discussed above in terms of natural supps as well as pharmaceuticals, they will try to push buspirone, atarax, etc on you at first until your next appointment and tell them what they are expecting to hear “that didn’t work for me” so then they will give you a benzo, Ativan (lorazepam) is less sedating than alprazolam or clonazepam but provides anxiolytic properties to more patients than Xanax, however the better advice is to not get on benzos at all if you haven’t already. They are truly the withdrawals from hell and many people go without knowing this, but there’s 2 extremely commonly abused drugs that can kill you solely from their withdrawal. Their withdrawals are worse than oxy, worse than heroin, worse than coke, Crystal, etc. The two drugs that will kill you from withdrawal alone and commonly do are benzodiazepines (often a psychiatrists second step after antihistamines fail) and the other is alcohol. It’s almost ridiculous to say, but heroin has a safer withdrawal profile than if let’s say, a heavy drinker put the bottle down. Can it be done? Yes, I cold turkey quit benzos (3 different benzos at the same time) but it was miserable and I was waking up multiple times a night throwing up, shake in bed no matter the temperature, horrible nightmares, **** sleep, stomach upset, MAJOR rebound anxiety and depression after the benzo wears off. I was tearing my hair out with my own hands constantly. All of them prescribed to me.

Then one day, I threw out my benzos, I stopped telling them the truth because after enough psychiatrists and other docs trying with no avail and hearing refusal to try different things because “it doesn’t fit my diagnosis” so, simply I started lying.

New doc, I have extensive foreign travel so my lack of medical records were explained and I told my psychiatrist I had ADD, got prescribed adderall and have built a beautiful life for the past 2 years, I have a family now I would have never had without it. Adderall calmed me down, it eliminated depression and anxiety and all while making me the most motivated individual in the room. I went from not being able to handle being in Walmart 10 minutes away to being able to go to Vegas a couple weeks back and playing Texas holdem at the Bellagio at full tables, walked the strip, saw shows, especially that new sphere they built is kickass, all of you should try to go see a show in it, awesome, once in a lifetime experience. It’s like having VR goggles on plus scents, wind blowing, the deepest bass you’ve felt and the whole stadium shakes and your seat moves, but it’s an arena with like 20 or 40 thousand people, really surreal.

(The sphere show I saw is called “postcard from earth”, go at the right time and tickets are only $60 a person for center seats which also includes an hour outside where you can mess with the newest AI tech, the freakiest part was walking into the entrance and seeing “AI facial digital reconstruction in progress beyond this point” and then halfway through the show, they put every persons face in the stadium on the screen staring at the crowd, there a lot more but it has to be seen in person.).

Basically, I went back to the guy I used to be, the guy I should be. My anxiety got so bad I’d have to wait for a person to finish shopping on an isle before I could go to that isle and get whatever I needed as quickly as possible and then leaving. Now I walk around like I own the place, very nice to everyone but with a feeling of not even being able to be bothered. Unimportant **** that used to really get to me, doesn’t even get 2 seconds of thought from me anymore. The only thing I think about now is how to make my family’s life better and my own. The best part is, I enjoy mundane tasks and work just as much as time I spend recreationally.

It’s also cool to think that without adderall on the day I met my now wife, I wouldn’t have met her. It was the adderall that got me to walk in to our first date and be confident and be myself. I wouldn’t be a father without this breaking me through my mental issues I had that seemingly paralyzed me from normal social function.

I truly believe one day very soon, adderall supply will be increased even more and the FDA will authorize it for off label use as an anti-depressant and anxiolytic drug. No doubt about it.

To make it clear, I’m not pushing adderall on you like “Take this it will fix everything and there will be no questions!” But I’m rather sharing my experience and giving you an idea, hell I wish I got the idea of it sooner, however you should only do what you are comfortable with when it comes to health, always.

PM me if you have any questions, you WILL get better, it’s just damn hard to see the light at the end sometimes but it’s there my man, it’s always there, you just have to look in the right direction.

Last edited:
Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
I may be able to help here based on my own struggles. Sorry for the length, even if this helps one person, it will be well worth typing and the long read, bear with me.

I am proud to say I found my cure for my anxiety, depression and rumination secondary to combat PTSD. I tried many of the things discussed above in terms of natural supps as well as pharmaceuticals, they will try to push buspirone, atarax, etc on you at first until your next appointment and tell them what they are expecting to hear “that didn’t work for me” so then they will give you a benzo, Ativan (lorazepam) is less sedating than alprazolam or clonazepam but provides anxiolytic properties to more patients than Xanax, however the better advice is to not get on benzos at all if you haven’t already. They are truly the withdrawals from hell and many people go without knowing this, but there’s 2 extremely commonly abused drugs that can kill you solely from their withdrawal. Their withdrawals are worse than oxy, worse than heroin, worse than coke, Crystal, etc. The two drugs that will kill you from withdrawal alone and commonly do are benzodiazepines (often a psychiatrists second step after antihistamines fail) and the other is alcohol. It’s almost ridiculous to say, but heroin has a safer withdrawal profile than if let’s say, a heavy drinker put the bottle down. Can it be done? Yes, I cold turkey quit benzos (3 different benzos at the same time) but it was miserable and I was waking up multiple times a night throwing up, shake in bed no matter the temperature, horrible nightmares, **** sleep, stomach upset, MAJOR rebound anxiety and depression after the benzo wears off. I was tearing my hair out with my own hands constantly. All of them prescribed to me.

Then one day, I threw out my benzos, I stopped telling them the truth because after enough psychiatrists and other docs trying with no avail and hearing refusal to try different things because “it doesn’t fit my diagnosis” so, simply I started lying.

New doc, I have extensive foreign travel so my lack of medical records were explained and I told my psychiatrist I had ADD, got prescribed adderall and have built a beautiful life for the past 2 years, I have a family now I would have never had without it. Adderall calmed me down, it eliminated depression and anxiety and all while making me the most motivated individual in the room. I went from not being able to handle being in Walmart 10 minutes away to being able to go to Vegas a couple weeks back and playing Texas holdem at the Bellagio at full tables, walked the strip, saw shows, especially that new sphere they built is kickass, all of you should try to go see a show in it, awesome, once in a lifetime experience. It’s like having VR goggles on plus scents, wind blowing, the deepest bass you’ve felt and the whole stadium shakes and your seat moves, but it’s an arena with like 20 or 40 thousand people, really surreal.

(The sphere show I saw is called “postcard from earth”, go at the right time and tickets are only $60 a person for center seats which also includes an hour outside where you can mess with the newest AI tech, the freakiest part was walking into the entrance and seeing “AI facial digital reconstruction in progress beyond this point” and then halfway through the show, they put every persons face in the stadium on the screen staring at the crowd, there a lot more but it has to be seen in person.).

Basically, I went back to the guy I used to be, the guy I should be. My anxiety got so bad I’d have to wait for a person to finish shopping on an isle before I could go to that isle and get whatever I needed as quickly as possible and then leaving. Now I walk around like I own the place, very nice to everyone but with a feeling of not even being able to be bothered. Unimportant **** that used to really get to me, doesn’t even get 2 seconds of thought from me anymore. The only thing I think about now is how to make my family’s life better and my own. The best part is, I enjoy mundane tasks and work just as much as time I spend recreationally.

It’s also cool to think that without adderall on the day I met my now wife, I wouldn’t have met her. It was the adderall that got me to walk in to our first date and be confident and be myself. I wouldn’t be a father without this breaking me through my mental issues I had that seemingly paralyzed me from normal social function.

I truly believe one day very soon, adderall supply will be increased even more and the FDA will authorize it for off label use as an anti-depressant and anxiolytic drug. No doubt about it.

To make it clear, I’m not pushing adderall on you like “Take this it will fix everything and there will be no questions!” But I’m rather sharing my experience and giving you an idea, hell I wish I got the idea of it sooner, however you should only do what you are comfortable with when it comes to health, always.

PM me if you have any questions, you WILL get better, it’s just damn hard to see the light at the end sometimes but it’s there my man, it’s always there, you just have to look in the right direction.
I saw that same sphere show on Christmas Eve. Super freaking awesome agreed! Glad you are in a good place again my man!

Congrats on the family and success!

NeoCycle98

Awards
I saw that same sphere show on Christmas Eve. Super freaking awesome agreed! Glad you are in a good place again my man!

Congrats on the family and success!
Thank you so much for the kind words. I wish the same to you!

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I touched base with SNS8778 about what he recommends for anxiety, and I’m going to give stress and anxiety support a shot. I’m curious about what substance others have had success with in dealing with excessive anxiety. Prescription or natural substance.
No other natural substance compares to high quality micronized kava. The company called "Kalm with Kava" makes a great product called "Micronized Loa Waka". It is EVERY BIT just as strong as script benzos...and can literally knock you on your ass if you take too much. It will provide immediate and profound anxiety relief for anyone who takes it. I am saying this as someone who sells an anxiety/sleep product, so you know my recommendation is not self-serving.

Dosage: 2 Tablespoons mixed in water. You can adjust upwards or downwards from there. It tastes like total ass, though...so be prepared to chase it with something. :)

Key Note: Kava absolutely MUST be taken on a completely empty stomach (COMPLETELY empty), as the kavalactones within it will not absorb if you have any food in your stomach. Liquids like juice are OK, though.

As far as other OTC supps go, Stage-3Z (which I make) is pretty darn good. It contains more actives, by weight, than any other OTC product...by a long shot. There's 9 grams per full serving, to be exact. No other encapsulated product comes close, which is why I had to make it as a scoopable product. If I had made the product with caps, it would have been 18 caps per serving. LOL. The truth is that most of the anxiolytic ingredients sold in caps are massively under-dosed. If you look at the research or talk to the people who live in the regions of the world where these anxiolytic substances are commonly used, they will tell you that most of them should be dosed in the "grams" range for optimal results, not the mg range. This stands true for almost every herbal ingredient out there. Not all, bust most. This does not mean they won't help when used in the mg range, but believe me when I tell you that there is a world of difference between something like 200 mg of lemon balm and 2 grams of lemon balm, or 500 mg of kava and 5 grams of kava, or 500 mg of magnolia bark extract and 5 grams of magnolia bark extract. In fact, it is precisely under-dosing via encapsulation which has led to the community discarding numerous potentially, highly effective substances. People end up concluding a certain ingredient just doesn't work, when in reality they were taking 1/10th of the optimal dose! Kava is one of these. While is certainly has a massive following, quite a few people have no clue how effective it can actually be because they used some massively under-dosed encapsulated product and got poor results. Kava can literally make you stumble because of its super powerful effects on the gabaergic system...and the GREAT news is that it causes ZERO physical dependence, unlike EVERY script gabaergic (benzo) ever made.

AS far as Stage-3X is concerned, the price is very good for what you get. If you purchased those same compounds in the same doses found in a single bottle of Stage-3Z, you're looking at about $80-$100. Stage-3Z is $39. There's are great reviews on this site giving it 9/10 stars. There is a thread on it somewhere around here.

Last edited:

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll send you a free sample if you're interested.

GothamsReckoning

GothamsReckoning

Awards
No other natural substance compares to high quality micronized kava. The company called "Kalm with Kava" makes a great product called "Micronized Loa Waka". It is EVERY BIT just as strong as script benzos...and can literally knock you on your ass if you take too much. It will provide immediate and profound anxiety relief for anyone who takes it. I am saying this as someone who sells an anxiety/sleep product, so you know my recommendation is not self-serving.

Dosage: 2 Tablespoons mixed in water. You can adjust upwards or downwards from there. It tastes like total ass, though...so be prepared to chase it with something. :)

Key Note: Kava absolutely MUST be taken on a completely empty stomach (COMPLETELY empty), as the kavalactones within it will not absorb if you have any food in your stomach. Liquids like juice are OK, though.

As far as other OTC supps go, Stage-3Z (which I make) is pretty darn good. It contains more actives, by weight, than any other OTC product...by a long shot. There's 9 grams per full serving, to be exact. No other encapsulated product comes close, which is why I had to make it as a scoopable product. If I had made the product with caps, it would have been 18 caps per serving. LOL. The truth is that most of the anxiolytic ingredients sold in caps are massively under-dosed. If you look at the research or talk to the people who live in the regions of the world where these anxiolytic substances are commonly used, they will tell you that most of them should be dosed in the "grams" range for optimal results, not the mg range. This stands true for almost every herbal ingredient out there. Not all, bust most. This does not mean they won't help when used in the mg range, but believe me when I tell you that there is a world of difference between something like 200 mg of lemon balm and 2 grams of lemon balm, or 500 mg of kava and 5 grams of kava, or 500 mg of magnolia bark extract and 5 grams of magnolia bark extract. In fact, it is precisely under-dosing via encapsulation which has led to the community discarding numerous potentially, highly effective substances. People end up concluding a certain ingredient just doesn't work, when in reality they were taking 1/10th of the optimal dose! Kava is one of these. While is certainly has a massive following, quite a few people have no clue how effective it can actually be because they used some massively under-dosed encapsulated product and got poor results. Kava can literally make you stumble because of its super powerful effects on the gabaergic system...and the GREAT news is that it causes ZERO physical dependence, unlike EVERY script gabaergic (benzo) ever made.

AS far as Stage-3X is concerned, the price is very good for what you get. If you purchased those same compounds in the same doses found in a single bottle of Stage-3Z, you're looking at about $80-$100. Stage-3Z is $39. There's are great reviews on this site giving it 9/10 stars. There is a thread on it somewhere around here.
Thanks for this info. I think I had looked into kava a while back, but was spooked by reports of liver damage. Seems like they may be bullshit though. If the effects of kava are as great as you say it is probably with another look

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for this info. I think I had looked into kava a while back, but was spooked by reports of liver damage. Seems like they may be bullshit though. If the effects of kava are as great as you say it is probably with another look
The recommended micronized loa waka is very good. However, Kalm also sells an instant (dehydrated kava juice) loa waka that's even better (especially if you have a sensitive stomach).

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established

Not bashing but trying to understand. So then why aren’t they dosed properly? I assume FDA or other gov orgs?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not bashing but trying to understand. So then why aren’t they dosed properly? I assume FDA or other gov orgs?
He's making a generalized statement about herbal ingredients.

Not trying to speak for him, I'm sure he will answer when he can; I'm just offering a general explanation of herbal ingredients.

Different ingredients have different dosage ranges, different standardizations, and different effective dosages.

There are many herbs that in their pure herbal format, the dosages would be too high to be convenient in a capsule form.

If you look at Nature's Way for example - they used to have two separate herbal line ups - the green and white labels were the regular herbals and it was common to see them have to suggest 6 to 9 capsules per day. Then there was the purple and white labels that offered the same herb but a standardized extract form and the dosage was usually only 2 to 3 caps per day.

There are some ingredients that in their normal form, they just aren't good candidates for capsule products because you figure on average that you can't fit more than 750 mg. (800 mg. on some things) in a size 00 capsule, so if the effective dosage of something is 5 grams, that ingredient wouldn't be a good candidate for a capsule product just bc that would require 7 capsules all to itself for that one ingredient.

Most, but not all, herbal ingredients do have specialized extracts and/or standardized extracts that can be used to deliver a higher percentage of the active constituents in a smaller dosage. Most of the time, that makes them better candidates for the brands to use, especially in formulation products - but sometimes the prices can get very disproportionate as the % standardization goes up.

In the case of his product he was recommending, he was saying that because it has 9 grams of active ingredients, its a better candidate for a powder form because it would 9 grams would equal 12 capsules.

But then there are some cases, like Stress & Anxiety Support for example, that the active ingredients are standardized extracts, and you would never want to dose them as high as you would their normal herbal counterparts. For example, comparing 4 capsules of Stress & Anxiety Support to the clinical studies on the respective ingredients, 4 capsules per day puts you in the higher end of the dosing range. But if you were to use the non-standardized extracts, there's not telling how many more grams/capsules per day you would have to take.

Or KannaEase, because its a specialized extract - you would have to take grams of regular Sceletium per day to equal the active constituents in 1 capsule of KannaEase.

To me, the moral of the story is effective dosing and I think all of the products I've mentioned here - ours and his - use effective dosing and its just an example of how some extracts are suitable for capsules and then some need to be dosed higher and are better suited for powders (and props to him for dosing his product he mentioned in powder form bc of that).

The real problem comes in in that most customers don't know all of this, so some brands will use the lesser expensive raws but instead of dosing them properly, they dose them at the lower dosage range that is really only suitable for standardized extracts. Basically they're passing off the raws that need to be dosed at higher dosages at dosages that would be for standardized extracts and taking advantage of customers in the process. And then people buy them, try them, and say the ingredients don't work - when they really weren't taking enough of the ingredient(s) to give them a chance to work.

I hope that I explained all that in a way that was easy to follow and makes sense.

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Interesting. I had generally the same feeling when prescribed but it affected my sleep, appetite and made me crave tobacco (which wasn't a thing ever before or when I didn't take it) so I eventually got off. The part I miss is "enjoying mundane tasks" and the little motivation/confidence boost. Glad it helps you - and if you ever want to get off it's not that difficult.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The recommended micronized loa waka is very good. However, Kalm also sells an instant (dehydrated kava juice) loa waka that's even better (especially if you have a sensitive stomach).
Yes, you're correct. I just saw the instantized version...and even though I haven't used it, being instantized would make it superior to their micronized versions. I am sure it is a bad-ass product.

GothamsReckoning

GothamsReckoning

Awards
Yes, you're correct. I just saw the instantized version...and even though I haven't used it, being instantized would make it superior to their micronized versions. I am sure it is a bad-ass product.
I ordered some yesterday. Doesn’t hurt to give it a shot

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could you share why at all, Mike?

I read through the website but still don’t understand much of the difference between micronized and instantized. I figured you know the science behind it pretty well.

GothamsReckoning

GothamsReckoning

Awards

What type of a performance boost do you get?