1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    Thanks Mace, appreciate those kind words. Yea, I posted some general goals in the intro, but I'd like to achieve the following:

- increase my bench....as of now, if I start off high and work down I can do 275 for a few reps. I'd like to be able to do that for 8 reps, and bench 295/ 300 for reps.

- add an inch to my arms/ chest. I want fuller arms and a bigger chest mostly. A thicker back would be nice too. As of now, my morning weight is 196.5 so I gained about a pound so far. I'd like to weigh a solid 200 come the AM.

-Shoulder press, I'd like to press the 100s for reps, 6-8 range preferably.
    -I'm recovering from a lower back injury, so my leg strength dropped. I'd like to return to squatting over 315, and work my way toward 405 again.

Those are some pretty specific goals I s'pose. Call me ambitious, but I'm being pretty optimistic about everything I'm doing.

I just bought a tub of Creatine Mono today, 5 g from GNC. I work there, so I used my discount to get an already half priced tub of 200 servings. I'm taking that post workout now. Pre workout I'm taking the GNC Anabolic Leucine Stack, with 7.3 g Leucine, 3 g Creatine Mono and caffene. That should help, when combined w Incarnate.

I'm not concerned with water weight. I'm bulking now. Anything jiggly I gain I plan to shed w Leviathan afterward.
    specific goals are best at times to be able to tell with concrete facts that you accomplished something..........i usually look to similar goals myself, either reacha certain weight on a lift or get a certain measurement our of the tape!

Keep it up! youa re on the right track!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    specific goals are best at times to be able to tell with concrete facts that you accomplished something..........i usually look to similar goals myself, either reacha certain weight on a lift or get a certain measurement our of the tape!

Keep it up! youa re on the right track!
    yea i hear ya. that's the only way to judge solid gains anyway, strength and tape measurements don't usually lie. but yea, again I appreciate the support. i'm really hoping this stack is everything it's advertised to be. I definitely like it so far. but i wanna see those explosive strength gains they talk about. since i'm not buying additional bottles and following the prescribed cycle plan i'm just gonna increase the doses and run it out this month, that should bring some sick results methinks.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.81%

yea i hear ya. that's the only way to judge solid gains anyway, strength and tape measurements don't usually lie. but yea, again I appreciate the support. i'm really hoping this stack is everything it's advertised to be. I definitely like it so far. but i wanna see those explosive strength gains they talk about. since i'm not buying additional bottles and following the prescribed cycle plan i'm just gonna increase the doses and run it out this month, that should bring some sick results methinks.
    its costly and i have never tried it, but a buddy of mine that competes, just said that he is running 8 per day of the FX and it it AMAZING! he is 230 though..........
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

its costly and i have never tried it, but a buddy of mine that competes, just said that he is running 8 per day of the FX and it it AMAZING! he is 230 though..........
    haha yea i think my liver would fall out my ass if i took that much in a day. but yea, if i didn't have other expenditures planned for the future I might consider investing in another bottle, but I'm anticipating a big cycle of something else, which will be veyr costly itself.

morning weight today was 197.5, 2.5 lbs more than what I used to be. slept like a baby last night and had some interesting dreams too
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

7/19 workout

Tonight's workout was pretty good, though I feel like I might have overtrained a little.

Shoulders:
    dumbbell press:

warm-up... 40 x 20, 50 x 15

70 x 12
    85 x 8 + 1 help
    95 x 4

upright rows superset w/ arnold press:

145 x 12 >> 55 x 10
    165 x 8 >> 65 x 8

lat raises superset w/ front raises:
    35 x 10 >> 35 x 6
    30 x 15 >> 30 x 10

Traps:
    barbell shrug:

bar x 15
    275 x 8
    275 x 8
    225 x 10

**i kept losing my grip w 275, which was very annoying

dumbbell shrug:
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

Triceps:
    Rope extensions superset w/ V pushdowns:
    190 x 6, 85 x 4 >> 70 x 5
    205 x 3, 70 x 8
    ** i spent a lot of energy trying to force the rope down on the last set.

pre-exhaust dips superset w/ CGB:
    bodyweight x 12, 135 x 8
    bodyweight x 12, 155 x 6

french press superset w/ rope pushdowns:
    85 x 8, 115 x 8 ish

I really should start recording exact numbers. Most of these rep numbers above are ball park estimates, give or take a rep. The dumbbell presses were exact though.

I'm very proud with my shoulder press performance tn. Next week I'll up the weights slightly and try to get the 100s.

My workout was too long though. An hr, 20 min. I feel comforted knowing that I'm on an anti-cortisol, which should let me go a little longer in the gym, but still I have that feeling that I overtrained a little.

Any input on my workout would be appreciated. As in, whether it seems from the looks of it like I overtrained, how I could improve.

Always open to suggestions
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

If you want to try something, perhaps a lil bit of DC training i.e warm up all you need to then three sets.

1. Warm up sets until working weight

2. 1st set then breath 15 breaths

3. 2nd set then breath 15 breaths

4. 3rd set then pick your sorry ass up and move to next exercise.

Max 3 exercises per body part. I do it a lil differently to dante as I am doing a bodypart a day. This program knocks me on my ass everytime.

Just a suggestion, I think you're doing fine no?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    If you want to try something, perhaps a lil bit of DC training i.e warm up all you need to then three sets.

1. Warm up sets until working weight

2. 1st set then breath 15 breaths

3. 2nd set then breath 15 breaths

4. 3rd set then pick your sorry ass up and move to next exercise.

Max 3 exercises per body part. I do it a lil differently to dante as I am doing a bodypart a day. This program knocks me on my ass everytime.

Just a suggestion, I think you're doing fine no?
    Thanks man, appreciate the input. That's another HIT principle I should try. I like to stick to HIT generally, but sometimes I take too much resting time btw sets... mainly cuz I want to make sure I have enough energy to accomplish what I need to with my next set. That's really the one thing I personally have to be careful about.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

workout 7/20

Had a really good back workout today. Biceps were a little lagging, but that's only bc they followed my heavy back routine.

Back:

Bent-over Row (underhand):
    warm-ups...
    bar x 20 underhand, bar x 20 overhand
    135 x 15 underhand

225 x 10
    265 x 6
    285 x 4

Wide grip T-Bar superset w/ dumbbell row:
    205 x 10, 110 x 9
    225 x 8, 110 x 9
    270 x 5, 110 x 8

Overhand pulldown, superset w/ V bar row:
    160 x 8, 175 x 10
    145 x 6, 175 x 10

Biceps:
    close grip EZ bar preacher, superset w/ dumbbell hammers:
    75 x 8, 35 x 4 >> 30 x 5

wide grip EZ bar preacher, superset w/ dumbbell hammers:
    75 x 6, 30 x 8

triple dropset, alt dumbbell curls:
    50 x 3, 40 x 2, 30 x 8 ish

machine curls (close grip), superset w/ cable curls:
    70 x 8 >> 55 x 3, 70 x 8

I felt very good throughout this workout. 5 plates on the T-bar was a new record for me. Strength and endurance are definitely elevated on this stack, though I haven't seen any gains in size as of yet. HOPEFULLY soon. I'm going to change up what muscles I work when, bc biceps were fatigued following back.

I also worked abs pretty good after biceps. Just a bunch of supersets (i.e. ab crunch machine for 20 reps, superset w/ leg lifts. Then a bunch of oblique twists w a medicine ball, superset w full extended sit ups).

My abs tightened up so bad at one point, I was hunched over and had to stretch them out. I've been getting muscle cramps in my bicep too, so I'm just drinking lots of water. Otherwise I feel great, pumped, good mood, energized. I'm thinking bout doing some morning cardio tm for the hell of it.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

Morning weight today was 201, which is a 6 lb increase from when I started this stack.

I've also noticed that my arms feel fuller and harder. If the next couple weeks go really well, I might consider investing in another bottle of FX and Hx2.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

7/23 workout

I upped the dose of FX to 5 caps today... I woke up around 9:30, took 2 caps, then took another 2 around 3 before I lifted at 4.

I had an AWESOME ass lift. Today I worked chest and biceps. From the beginning of my lift, I just felt pumped.

Chest:
    warm-ups...
    bar x 20
    35 lb flyes x 15
    135 x 15

flat bench:
    245 x 13 *could've done more
    265 x 6
    285 x 2 + 3 assistance
    205 x 9

Incline barbell:
    185 x 8
    225 x 2 + 2 assisted

Incline dumbbell:
    95 x 6
    85 x 6

Cable flyes superset w/ decline dumbbell flye:
    85 x 10, 50 x 10

Decline dumbbell flye, superset w/ cable flyes:
    65 x 8, 70 x 10

Dumbbell pull over:
    50 x 15
    75 x 7

Biceps:
    Close grip EZ bar preachers, superset w/ alt. dumbbell hammers:
    95 x 8, 35 x 10
    95 x 6, 45 x 8

Straight bar cable curls, superset w/ alt. dumbbell curls:
    115 x 10, 40 x 8

Incline dumbbell curls, superset w/ straight bar cable curls:
    30 x 10, 115 x 8

I originally planned to do forearms and abs, but I had the urge to do biceps. I felt very good this workout, energy was up, I felt like I just could've kept going. Tomorrow I'm going to do heavy legs and abs.

Morning weight was 202 today. I have a ways to go on this cycle too, so I'm hoping to add another 8 lbs to that. I'd like to get up to 210, maybe 215. At this point I really dont care what percentage of that weight is water weight or fat. My diet has been very clean and the creatine mono is helping add weight. But post cycle I will be running Leviathan w Incarnate to shed that excess weight and expose whatever muscle weight I gain.

I think I'm going to take 2 caps of FX and Hx2 pre workout, rather than just 1 cap of Hx2. See how that works.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.81%

Morning weight was 202 today. I have a ways to go on this cycle too, so I'm hoping to add another 8 lbs to that. I'd like to get up to 210, maybe 215. At this point I really dont care what percentage of that weight is water weight or fat. My diet has been very clean and the creatine mono is helping add weight. But post cycle I will be running Leviathan w Incarnate to shed that excess weight and expose whatever muscle weight I gain.

I think I'm going to take 2 caps of FX and Hx2 pre workout, rather than just 1 cap of Hx2. See how that works.
    Sounds like a good plan!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

7/24 workout

DAMN IT!!! My comp eff'd up after I had just finished typing EVERYTHING b4 so I lost my post... now I gotta do it all again.

Workout today wasn't bad, but I felt tired... so i wasn't totally on my game. Endurance wise I felt pretty good, strength wise wasn't bad but not excellent.

Legs:
    warm-ups...
    squat, bar x 20, 135 x 15
    leg ext 55 x 12

deep squat:
    225 x 15
    275 x 12
    315 x 4 ***note, I could only go down about 65 degrees or so w/ 315 bc I didn't want my back to tighten up. I was able to go down pretty far w 275, so I'm working my way back up. I think next week I'll go 295.
    185 x 15, ass to grass

leg press (close stance) superset w/ leg ext:
    575 x 15, 70 x 6
    755 x 10. *some lady was using the leg ext so I had to improvise w/ hack squats... empty rack, 95 x 10

395 x 15 (wide stance), 55 x 8

deep hack squat, superset w/ leg curl:
    270 x 12, 100 x15
    180 x 20, 100 x 10

smith calf raises, one big superset... toes straight/ out/ in:
    warm up 135 x 12
    315 x 15, 10, 225 x 6

Seated calf press:
    400 x 15
    550 x 10, drop down 450 x 5, 300 x 3

Post workout I supplemented w a tblespoon creatine mono (the box says a heaping tspoon, but I do a tblespoon regardless).

How does this dosing protocol sound to you guys?

WAKE UP: 2 caps FX, 1 Hx2, 1 R2
    4 hours later: 1 cap FX, 1 Hx2, 1 R2
    Pre workout: 2 caps FX, 2 caps Hx2, 1 R2, 3 Incarnate
    Post workout: 1 Hx2, 3 Incarnate
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.81%

WAKE UP: 2 caps FX, 1 Hx2, 1 R2
    4 hours later: 1 cap FX, 1 Hx2, 1 R2
    Pre workout: 2 caps FX, 2 caps Hx2, 1 R2, 3 Incarnate
    Post workout: 1 Hx2, 3 Incarnate
    Looks Good! one small modification: do the R2 one pre and one post........
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

Looks Good! one small modification: do the R2 one pre and one post........
    question though, wouldn't the pre workout serving of R2 suppress cortisol levels long enough til my post workout meal?
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.81%

question though, wouldn't the pre workout serving of R2 suppress cortisol levels long enough til my post workout meal?
    it will, but then the postworkout one, protects against rebound.......
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

it will, but then the postworkout one, protects against rebound.......
    makes sense to me. i hadn't been doing it that way til now, I was taking my second serving 4 hrs after wake up, then my next pre workout. how significantly will my post workout meal reduce cortisol levels?
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

7/25 workout

I felt GREAT tn. Normally I'd take off today, but due to a change of plans in my schedule I'll be going to the beach tm and will not lift.

When I started out doing shoulders, even the warm up weights felt kind of heavy... but once I actually started going "heavy" the "heavy" weights felt lighter...

Shoulders:
    dumbbell press:
    warmup... 45 x 15, 55 x 12

75 x 12
    90 x 4
    80 x 8

upright rows superset w/ arnold press:
    95 x 10, 60 x 8
    135 x 10, 70 x 4

Lat raises, triple drop set:
    50 x 8, 35 x 6, 25 x 12

Front plate raises:
    35 x 10
    45 x 10

Traps:
    Shrug machine:
    warm up, 295 x 10

700 x 10 >> 295 x 10

Smith shrugs, triple drop:
    365 x 4 >> 315 x 6 >> 225 x 6

Triceps:
    weighted dips:
    BW x 12
    BW + 45 x 8
    BW + 90 x 5 -- PR
    BW x 20

Close grip bench, superset w/ EZ bar french press:
    185 x 10, 95 x 8

Close grip bench, superset w/ rope extensions:
    225 x 4, 145 x 10

I'd say this was a very good workout personally. Endurance was very good, as was strength. I'd really like to start seeing some mass gains, hopefully those will come. Otherwise I feel fantastic.

Hopefully tm I can even out this effin farmer's tan
  18. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.59%

makes sense to me. i hadn't been doing it that way til now, I was taking my second serving 4 hrs after wake up, then my next pre workout. how significantly will my post workout meal reduce cortisol levels?
    Cortisol is released in response to stress to generate fuel for the body to react with. The more stress you create via weight training/cardio, the more cortisol gets released. So there are a lot of factors that play into that. For one, it depends on how much of a stress you create on your body. For example, on days that you train legs, because of the great amount of energy it requires to move those heavy weights while squatting/leg pressing, more cortisol is released compared to when you train biceps. Also, it depends on if you do a heavy cardio session after training, which is yet again another stressor and will likely add to the release of cortisol. It also depends on how many grams of simple sugars you're taking in with your post-workout meal. 20g of simple sugars won't lower cortisol levels nearly as much as 60g of simple sugars.

So, given those factors it is really hard to say. I believe that a solid post workout meal of 50g whey protein and 60g of simple sugars will be enough to blunt the effects of cortisol. Follow that meal up 1.5-2 hours later with another high protein meal (solid food this time) and complex carbs and you should be solid. However, it may not necessarily lower it/reduce to total count of cortisol. So while food consumption will help to blunt the effects of cortisol, Retain2 will be able to actually reduce its presence.

If your workouts are extremely exhausting to you, I would take Retain2 both before and after working out, along with a solid post workout meal. If you're in a post cycle therapy, I would definitely take one cap pre and one cap post workout.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Biceps View Post
    Cortisol is released in response to stress to generate fuel for the body to react with. The more stress you create via weight training/cardio, the more cortisol gets released. So there are a lot of factors that play into that. For one, it depends on how much of a stress you create on your body. For example, on days that you train legs, because of the great amount of energy it requires to move those heavy weights while squatting/leg pressing, more cortisol is released compared to when you train biceps. Also, it depends on if you do a heavy cardio session after training, which is yet again another stressor and will likely add to the release of cortisol. It also depends on how many grams of simple sugars you're taking in with your post-workout meal. 20g of simple sugars won't lower cortisol levels nearly as much as 60g of simple sugars.

So, given those factors it is really hard to say. I believe that a solid post workout meal of 50g whey protein and 60g of simple sugars will be enough to blunt the effects of cortisol. Follow that meal up 1.5-2 hours later with another high protein meal (solid food this time) and complex carbs and you should be solid. However, it may not necessarily lower it/reduce to total count of cortisol. So while food consumption will help to blunt the effects of cortisol, Retain2 will be able to actually reduce its presence.

If your workouts are extremely exhausting to you, I would take Retain2 both before and after working out, along with a solid post workout meal. If you're in a post cycle therapy, I would definitely take one cap pre and one cap post workout.
    Thanks for answering my question Biceps. And I understand the logic here. My diet has always been pretty good... post workout I eat 3 slices white bread, which I just upped to 4, along w 40-50 g protein (30 whey protein, 15 ish from bread), then an hr later I have a full meal w protein, complex carbs and healthy omega 3s. But I want to make the most out of each supplement I take. If I start to get leaner now that I'm taking the R2 pre and post then I'll def know I was doing it wrong before.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

7/27 workout

Up 10 lbs and counting...

Workout today was very good. I was tired coming home from wrk... mainly cuz business was dead and I sat on my ass for 9 hrs... but I perked up after taking supps.

The guy who used to manage the GNC I work at when it was a franchise ordered a variety of unique products... ppl still seem to think the now corporate store is still a franchise, so we were sent a box of this pre workout energy formula we don't normally sell. So..... I got to keep it all haha It's supposedly an all natural pre workout energy enhancer, enriched w B-vitamins and zero caffeine. I tried it w my Leucine formula and it perked me up really quickly.

Did back today...

Back:
    warm-ups....

underhanded pull down:
    205 x 8
    250 x 8
    305 x 6 --- PR

Wide grip T Bar:
    135 x 12
    225 x 6 + 2 assisted
    270 x 5 (some assistance for fluid reps)
    180 x 8

Underhanded bent over row:
    135 x 12
    225 x 10
    265 x 8

Dumbbell row, triple drop set:
    125 x 8 >> 100 x 8 >> 75 x 8

Incline dumbbell row, superset w/ lat push downs:
    100 x 8, 100 x 15

Forearms:
    **I just did a few light sets to stimulate the muscles. These were mostly like supersets, w little rest btw sets. I wanted to move quickly.

underhand bar curl:
    bar x 20
    overhand bar curl:
    bar x 15
    underhand:
    bar x 15
    overhand:
    bar x 10

Overall, I think today was very productive. For the next couple weeks I'm considering varying my rep ranges and doing 5 rep sets for most heavy compound movements... just to get my strength up. Heavy sets compounded w lower volume supersets.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

7/30 workout - Chest & Biceps

Today for chest I focused on more of a strength building type workout, doing fewer total sets but much higher volume. Most of my compound sets focused on 5 reps max, pyramiding up.

Chest:
    warm-ups...
    bar x 25
    30 lb flyes x 15

flat bench:
    185 x 15
    265 x 5
    285 x 5 (the trainer spotting me told me i def got 3 1/2, but that he only helped a little on the last two to keep them fluid motion) - PR
    295 x 3 + 2 assisted - PR
    185 x 15

Barbell incline, 45 degrees:
    205 x 5
    225 x 3 + 1 assisted

Weighted dip, superset w/ flat flye:
    BW + 45 lbs x 6, 60 x 8

**that was all I did for chest. Since I went higher I was already burned out from all the pressing and didn't want to overtrain.

Biceps:
    barbell curl, superset w/ alt dumbbell hammers:
    bar x 10
    95 x 8, 40 x 10
    115 x 7, 45 x 8

Dumbbell preachers, drop set:
    55 x 5, 40 x 5

After 3 heavy supersets I was done all together. This workout was very good I think. I'm always suspicious of my accomplishments w new weights, whenever somebody is spotting me, bc I never know how significantly they helped while spotting. But I'm going to trust what the trainer told me.

I'm eager to boost my strength, so fairly shortly I think I may shy away from more of a bodybuilding routine and attempt a powerlifting hybrid. As of now, I'm not really following a set program as much as I'm trying just to stimulate my muscles each workout into hypertrophy. My strength as been going up week after week, but I'd like to start following more of an established program to see quantifiable results.

Any thoughts/ ideas on my training methods, and /or how I can improve upon them are appreciated.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

8/1 workout - legs, abs

Today's workout was very good. I took yesterday off bc I really didn't feel like lifting very much, so I deferred doing legs til today. Strength felt good, endurance was very good.

I just got my second bottle of Incarnate the other day, and I reverted back to taking 4 caps instead of 3 in one serving. I gotta say... I really did sense a difference today, especially in my latter sets. The B-Alanine/ Creatine Mono combo works very nicely.

Legs:
    warm-up on the eliptical
    leg press:
    395 x 12 -- warmup
    575 x 15
    755 x 12
    935 x 8
    1025 x 10
    ** I coulda kept going on most of those sets, but I didn't want to work til total failure.

Deep hack squat:
    270 x 12
    270 x 12
    180 x 20

Leg ext (focusing on slow reps):
    85 x 10
    85 x 8, drop down >> 55 x 4
    70 x 10 >> 40 x 5 >> 10 x 3

Smith lunges, superset w/ LB curls:
    135 x 10, BW x 20
    95 x 12, BW x 20

leg curls:
    105 x 20
    115 x 15

following legs, i did a bunch of ab work. like i said, endurance was extremely high this workout. i'm nearing the end of the mass fx stack. soon will begin leviathan a week or so after everything runs out.

weight was 206 lbs this morning up 11 lbs since i started.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.81%

weight was 206 lbs this morning up 11 lbs since i started.
    GREAT NEWS!
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

GREAT NEWS!
    haha thanks bro. grant it, idk how much of that is water weight. but aside from the expected water ring on my lower belly i dnt feel watery or fat. i actually feel pretty lean and full
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.81%

haha thanks bro. grant it, idk how much of that is water weight. but aside from the expected water ring on my lower belly i dnt feel watery or fat. i actually feel pretty lean and full
    the hyperdrol should help you dry out.....
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The whole water weight thing really is amusing to me, yes I know in some cases there is bloat, but really let's talk about how much of your muscle / body is water?

Ref#1

Ref#2
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

8/2 workout - shoulders/ triceps

strength was really up on tonight's workout i read an article today that discussed how preworkout stretching is potentially counterproductive and can reduce strength levels. so i just did a few more warmups instead...

Shoulders:
    dumbbell press:
    30 x 20 - warmup
    40 x 15 - warmup
    45 x 15 - warmup

80 x 10
    90 x 8
    100 x 4

standing military press:
    bar x 12
    135 x 10
    155 x 5

plate front raise, superset w/ lat raise:
    45 x 10, 30 x 10

Arnold press, superset w/ lat raise:
    65 x 7, 30 x 10

Arnold press, dropset:
    70 x 4, 55 x 2

Triceps:
    Dips:
    BW x 12
    BW + 45 x 8
    BW + 90 x 3

Rope ext:
    170 x 8
    200 x 4

CGB, superset w/ V BAR pushdowns:
    205 x 5, 65 x 12
    185 x 6, 80 x 9

i'd say my tricep power was a little lower than usual, but I exerted myself quite a lot with shoulders. I'm very pleased with tonight's workout. pressing the 80s was nothing, I felt like I could've easily gotten a few more reps w/o help. I just barely got 8 w 90 on my own. Next week I'll up the weight and go to 100s w/o much wait.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

8/3 workout - back, traps, calves

so i'm nearing the end of my first stack but a week or so after I finish I have yet another to look forward to haha.

i really didn't feel like lifting today, this morning. it was 78 degrees in my house last night and I had mad hot flashes for the longest time, I went to bed at 1 and couldn't fall asleep til 3. then I had to wake up at 9 for work at 10. it was bad...

but i mustered up the energy tn to do heavy back and traps, and I had a pretty decent lift.

Back:
    warm-ups....

Underhanded bent over row:
    135 x 12
    245 x 5
    275 x 5
    295 x 5
    315 x 3
    225 x 12

Dumbbell row:
    125 x 10
    125 x 8

Incline dumbbell row:
    110 x 8

Widegrip lat pulldown, concentrated reps:
    205 x 5
    175 x 6

Traps:
    barbell shrug:
    bar x 15
    225 x 8
    265 x 8
    185 x 12

dumbbell shrug:
    85 x 8
    100 x 6

Calves:
    smith calf raises, dropset:
    405 x 12 >> 315 x 6 >> 225 x 5

It's been about 45 min since I stopped and I still feel pumped, it's great
    I'm going to be making some heavy changes to my lifting routine this weekend, starting next week. Once I finish the FX stack I'll continue supplementing w basic creatine mono for a week or so, then begin my next log on leviathan and Incarnate.

Obviously I will NOT be taking creatine w Leviathan, lest I should waste my money.
  29. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.42%

pumped cant wait....great log
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    pumped cant wait....great log
    thanks bro, appreciate the support. im not sure what kind of diet split to follow while on leviathan. what im on now.. .though thats more heavy bulking, 40/40/20 or 50/30/20

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 11:18 PM
  2. Pizza's Home Delivery Log Mass Fx/ Novedex vs. Mass Fx/Hx2
    By pizzathehut in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 09:35 PM
  3. Final Review --- Mass Fx/ Hx2/ R2
    By beebab in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 04:14 PM