be my PAL!

Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Find a kick in the ass?
    Close but it doesn't involve kicking ...

2. Quote Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    Myth. Eating too frequently/much will do that.

Resting energy expenditure in short-term starvation is increased as a result of an increase in serum norepinephrine
    Zauner et al (2007). Am J Clin Nutr 2000;71:1511?5.

Short-term fasting-induced autonomic activation and changes
    in catecholamine levels are not mediated by changes in leptin
    . Chan et al (2007)
    Seen this yet? I'm just about to read it now, I've always liked AA's work
    An Objective Look at Intermittent Fasting - AlanAragon.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Seen this yet? I'm just about to read it now, I've always liked AA's work
    An Objective Look at Intermittent Fasting - AlanAragon.com
    It is unfortunate that he does not consider paleolithic research. I haven't read it yet but skimmed quickly, the Ramadan comments are not relevant because eating is done at night. Nobody is suggesting that. Of course that will screw up a lot of things. This doesn't look objective, he uses the term fitness but it is clearly written for the bodybuilding type. There is a huge difference IMO between bodybuilding and general health. What is necessary to build muscle is easily arguably not best for you.

To be clear, I don't support "strict" IF protocols, such as skipping every other day or strict timing. Just skip meals when you feel like it, eat a large meal every once in awhile, evening would be best. High fruit/veggie intake along with animal meats, little to no grains would be best.

4. I think he is just trying to use as much information as he can find re the IF protocol, but yeah he didn't mention anything about paleolithic stuff, although he must be aware of it since he used it in his book. Hmm.. maybe if you find a couple of references, I'll ask him about his take.. did you read up about it yet? I can't say that I am familiar with it much at all, but maybe they didn't have a specific training protocol to work around, which IF is all about. Also I think they derived some of their IF'ing ideas from Ramadan which might be why he put that part in.

5. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    so I think my calves are not developed equally, I don't know if one is underdeveloped but for some reason to me they just don't look the same.. I can only notice it when I'm on my toes, but it is annoying!! What the hell do I do???? Maybe I've been walking with emphasis on one side all the time, or one leg is just super non-responsive to the same calve raises
    It might help if you had someone else (your mom?) take the pictures. you'd have an easier time being in a solid pose, and getting pictures from a couple of angles that way, to really see if there is a difference. Do they measure the with a tape?
    •   

6. No one is ever around to take pics for me
    I could use the timer function, but the last time I tried it was unstable and fell onto the wooden floor... $500 camera which was 2 weeks old (and not mine) broke, sooo I doubt I'd be trying that again anytime soon.

7. Leg day so upped the carbs a bit as well as cals in general.
    Walked to the gym & back (30min each way)
    Started leviathan again (1 cap) and white flood (1 scoop).. and had first great workout in ages.

Squats 3x12 @ 40
    Deadlift - a few singles @ 60.
    worked a few sets up finally up to one wheelie plate, and I was dripping in sweat by this time!
    SLDL - 3x8 @40
    Leg press - 3x12 @120.
    Lying ham curls ss Hyperextensions 2x12

:dl:

8. thanks for the update pics, looks great! I have the same problem with my calves. One is a little bigger, thats why i like when i see someone with identical "twins" for calves...I think mine is from playing sports or things like that. i.e. baseball stance, boxing stance, lead foot you usually jump off etc. Its like if you are right handed sort of thing i guess....thats my only explaination for that lol....Dont worry about it, i cant tell by your pics that they are off. I mean in one pic the left looks ahead and in the next pic the right looks ahead! Legs looking strong!

9. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    thanks for the update pics, looks great! I have the same problem with my calves. One is a little bigger, thats why i like when i see someone with identical "twins" for calves...I think mine is from playing sports or things like that. i.e. baseball stance, boxing stance, lead foot you usually jump off etc. Its like if you are right handed sort of thing i guess....thats my only explaination for that lol....Dont worry about it, i cant tell by your pics that they are off. I mean in one pic the left looks ahead and in the next pic the right looks ahead! Legs looking strong!
    perv.........
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

10. <----virgin

11. I am so sore today I could barely walk. So what did I do.. went for some cardio, just some low impact 60min cardio class. But today the teacher was feeling extra psyched up.. and we ended up spending most of the time with lunges, squats, kicks and step ups. Sure they were all free weight, but when you do hundreds of them.. omg BURNie.
    After that I did another 60min worth of stretching. It was muchly needed.

Diet is going okay, fitnecise is helping me with my IF. Leviathan is at one cap pre-workout. I'm on my second bottle now and I still love how it feels (especially with carbs, not much so without). Sweating is definitely pronounced when compared to last week when I did not use it pre-workout.

This is what I'm eating today... okay the servings really make me feel like a pig..

1) 1/2 pound kangaroo; 3 cups broccoli, 1 whole avocado

2) 2.5cups cottage cheese, 30 almonds, 1 banana, 1 ww bread, 2 cups broccoli

3) I large bowl abalone & soup.

Because my meals are so huge (well to me they are anyway) I'm taking Gut Health to help with digestibility. Abalone was a yummy change.. especially at $130/kg. I think I'm going to start eating this most days.

hmm.. well I hope I get picked for the Leviathan contest so I can continue this log! Otherwise, I'll wrap it up soon with final thoughts etc. That and maybe before (if you already aren't) get sick of my nonsensical ramblings everyday

12. digestibility huh?
    is that even a word? lol.

13. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    1) 1/2 pound kangaroo; 3 cups broccoli, 1 whole avocado
    Interesting fact, kangaroo is the leanest on average of all red meats. I hadn't realized it was red meat (but I guess makes sense) but the leanness is something new. I'm going to start an x-factor cycle sometime by the end of the year, so was starting my research on which cuts of red meat to buy. And kanga is the leanest. How do you usually cook it ab?

14. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    digestibility huh?
    is that even a word? lol.
    di·gest·i·ble /dɪˈdʒɛstəbəl, daɪ-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-jes-tuh-buhl, dahy-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    capable of being digested; readily digested.
    [Origin: 1350–1400; ME < LL dīgestibilis < L dīgest(us) (see digest) + -ibilis -ible]

—Related forms
    di·gest·i·bil·i·ty, noun
    di·gest·i·bly, adverb

Haha I guess so! You scared me for a sec.

EasyJL. Yep Kangaroo is really lean, only 1% fat. Xfactor cycle? Hmm.. well from what I recall it is quite high in both CLA and Arachadonic Acid. But I haven't really been able to find the breakdown anywhere. The meat comes in a few different forms - all are pretty lean since they are lean in general. Steak, Sausages (a bit higher in carbs and sodium, but still relatively good nutrition-wise). Roast, or mince.

Usually I just get the mince because its the most versatile. Recipes... um.. well I'm kinda weird and love avocado.. so today I ate them mashed and with tomato sauce..but I use avocado for chicken and tuna and even cottage cheese.. so you might be different. Heh, other than that, you could make a spag bol or pasta with tomatoes/veggies/pasta/pasta sauce and some cheese. I made lasagna once - it had bits of eggplant, capsicum, broc, tomato and kanga mince with ricotta, mozzarella and whole wheat lasagna sheets. Anything goes!

If I'm lazy..(aka always) just panfried with oil spray and chicken salt or sweet chilli sauce and broc on the side.

15. haha, sweet chili sauce....... makes any meat taste better, nice. (its a personal trick i used for a desparate chicken breast) lol

its funny we have the energy to lift weights and do cardio, sometimes even twice a day but when it comes to simple tasks......occasionally its like a marathon and we just dont want to finish.

16. heh, sweet chilli sauce always saves the day! I have this mad tasting low-cal one too, like 4cals per tablespoon. I stocked up

Oh yeah, I'm so lucky... here's a great PM I just received today

hi my name is ibitayo am honest sincer i love reading novels ,watching TV i
    love playing with kids in my neighabour. my favorite sport is gym , and
    swimming, am single i will like to date you i can see you are the one for me
    dont worry ant age love has no age it tourches one time and last for life time
    i will like to share my world with you i know many guy say this to you but i
    wish angel can come from heaven and tell you the way i feel when i type you am
    different punch me i bleed cut me i die i hope this will convince you not
    confuse you hope to receive reply from you Miss
    u can mail me at ty_s5000@hotmail.com or ty_s5000@yahoo.ca
    doesn't it make you all warm and fuzzy inside ??

**shudder**

17. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post

quick pics taken just after boxing this morning.. stummy a bit bloated from drinking about 1L of water heh
    looking hot Liv!!...cant wait to see how the next 2 months of Leviathan and Incarnate go for ya!

18. Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    looking hot Liv!!...cant wait to see how the next 2 months of Leviathan and Incarnate go for ya!
    wooooooooooooo 2 more months of crazy madness in here!!!!

19. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    wooooooooooooo 2 more months of crazy madness in here!!!!
    haha...true eh...btw that pm was crazy buddy send ya

20. wow that pm is really weird....cant believe people like that are out there. Do you know that guy? lol

21. No idea, probably some troll, hah . I hope someone spams the hell out of him!

22. I'm always happy when I get a big box in the mail... this one barely made it in my car! Anyway, protein usually gets seized but I made a gamble with the syntha 6. NP is the shiznit I swear. Even if shipping was $80

I also got some bulk raspberry ketones and 1-3dimethhllkoiweriuy (geranium powder) that I don't really know what to do with yet. I have some chocamine so I could mix it with that, but then I would feel like completely ripping off ergo... anyone got better ideas?? and howTF do I measure this without a scale... haha :/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

23. yeeeeeeAAAAAhh! ooOOOOkaaaay! WwwWHatt? (did you order?) hehe

Syntha6 is bomb, what flavors did you get? Is that gut health?

24. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    yeeeeeeAAAAAhh! ooOOOOkaaaay! WwwWHatt? (did you order?) hehe

Syntha6 is bomb, what flavors did you get? Is that gut health?
    Hey PP! Always wanted to ask ya, why are you on at ridiculous times of the day/night?

I got strawberry and mocha flavours. They better taste good! I'll try it with oatmeal tomorrow, which ones did you like?

What's in the pic? Yeah that's Gut Health and Java Lather (sent by dsade, so I don't have to buy them), then lemonade xtend which is the best tasting bcaas I have ever tried.
    Bulk stuff: Raspberry ketones, chocamine, geranium powder, creatine, sesathin. I think that's about it. They also gave me a cute pink T hehe

I need to find something useful to do with them soon, before they sit in my room or the cupboards collecting dust whilst I go buy something else which is arguably equally uneccessary

25. I work as an avionics technician for an airlines, airline industy= odd hours, i work graveyard.....yeah its about the only time i go on. I check for new posts quite often and am very bored at AM at these hours, Hardly anyone on!

I tried the strawberry because i read awesome reviews and really wanted to have a strawberry protien. Well...we know that strawberry usually isnt to tasty when it comes to the supp world so.......i had to try it. Its exactly like a strawberry milkshake! I had to make it my treat, like a dog would have for doing a trick or something

Youll have a healthy gut and yummy skin while you wear your pink T and have geranium dreams in chocamine land with rasberry ketone cotton candy and creatine induced sesathin bcaa food concoctions......
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 06:38 AM
  2. This will be my diet log..
    By Thaiclinch in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 04:38 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:25 AM
  4. Oral only cycle,what would be my best options?
    By castro in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 08:33 PM