be my PAL!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
does have a strong gamey taste, but they won't touch it! Their loss!

1) BJ, its ok, you love me, you don't have to admit it ;)

2).. Sumo squat ..
10x40kg 6x50kg 6x50kg
1) So I guess I am being too obvious???

2) Hmmmm, wish I could've seen these :D

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
XJ, nice to see ya drop by, now you're part of the cool thread, haha jk.

Anyway, since I have some spare time at work, I'm gonna just type up the workout today.. eh it is friday, so I will prob go out, instead of pretty-ing up my log :D

T'was a good workout.
*tear* I always wanted to part of something cool....

Sounds like a good workout, go out and have some Kangaroo :pizza:

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Aye.. what's up boys! Legs were so sore this morning!!
Hey ddawg! Yeah my workouts are getting a bit long.. the routine I'm doing is pretty high in volume.. plus tacking on cardio.. oh yeah, tell you a bad secret - I never stretch :eek: (coz then that would take 2.5 hours ahhhh catabolic catabolic ahoyy!! ) not until the point where I can barely move is when I do it.. though post-workout cardio helps somehwat probably tonight I'll use the foam roller and do some painful myofascial release stuff, eh I deserve it for being a lazy ass :p

Saturday 30th June - cardio x2

Took an extra day off this week because I was busy with exams, so made up for it today

AM: 30min elliptical - intervals
... 1min @ lvl 15
... 2min @ lvl 10
repeat a few times
.. 5min @ lvl 10

PM: 45min random cardio
... 10min rower
(unbearable!!! I hate this machine so frkn much I do it first, makes me look forward to the rest of the workout!)
... 35min elliptical
(my fave machine was finally free! I swear I could probably stay on this forever...)
..... random intervals, worked up to lvl 16, then some steady state stuff lvl 10-12 I think.

I can only handle low-impact work at the moment, especially after yesterday, which is fine with me, low impact does not equal low intensity!!! :cool:

Weekly supp summary

Leviathan and reset AD - taken 1 each prior to workout ~45mins-1hr beforehand.. I find that the energy lasts for a while so it hasn't been necessary to take it immediately pre (e.g. 30mins or less).. PAL boys what do you think?

I also feel as though my endurance is increasing, albeit slowly, and I feel invigorated and a desire to go to the gym.. it has often been pretty hard with the cold weather and dragging myself there, but I haven't really felt that way, but somehow it gets me more motivated and ready to attack!

Weekly workout summary

Sun - OFF
Mon - Back/Pwo cardio
Tue - Shoulders/Triceps/Pwo cardio; PM Cardio
Wed - OFF
Thur - Chest/Bis/Pwo Cardio
Fri - Legs/Pwo cardio
Sat - AM cardio; PM cardio

Got all the workouts I wanted to get in, in this week, and they were all pretty good. So Big fat tick for this week.. next week I start winter school.. I'm studying SPACE LAW!!!! Haha should be fun. It will get harder to fit in workouts.. 9am starts til 7pm.. which means I leave the house at 7.30am.. get home just in time for bed.. aiyckkkk!! But the good thing is that the gym has changed its opening times til 5.30am instead of 6. So I might be able to sneak in a quick workout if I can get out of bed early enough and drag myself there when it is about 4degrees :D

Diet summary

Also.. haven't really been keeping track of calories lately.. I find myself being way to anal about the little things.. e.g. when I am 100 calories overboard I'll feel like a failure, and if I'm under I'll go nuts as well.. but I'm getting over that and just thinking about portions.. anyway, for a change I logged things today.. this is what I ate:

1) Oatbran, wheat bran, yoghurt, wpi; efas
2) Chicken stir-fry - with olive oil, random mixed greens; efas
3) Cottage cheese, jam, cashews;efas
4) Kanga stir-fry - with tomato, cabbage, olive oil; efas

Totals 42f 147c 121p Fibre: 47
(not including about 8 scoops of bcaas during my two cardio sessions..)

My daily posts are so long I'm getting a workout just typing it all up :mad::p

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Nice logs, food items inspire creativity, supplement items inspire conspiracy against customs and workouts inspire hard work.

Awesome.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Wow sorry I was away and somehow missed this.....
Good luck, log looks amazing, detail is great....Im in....sub'd

john

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Aye.. what's up boys! Legs were so sore this morning!!
Hey ddawg! Yeah my workouts are getting a bit long.. the routine I'm doing is pretty high in volume.. plus tacking on cardio.. oh yeah, tell you a bad secret - I never stretch :eek: (coz then that would take 2.5 hours ahhhh catabolic catabolic ahoyy!! ) not until the point where I can barely move is when I do it.. though post-workout cardio helps somehwat probably tonight I'll use the foam roller and do some painful myofascial release stuff, eh I deserve it for being a lazy ass :p
This is way I am trying to dose my Reset AD Pre and Post WO. Because not only do long workouts elicit catabolic activity, but it also depletes your adrenals.

Keep up the good work though. Makes me push harder during my workouts...

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
This is way I am trying to dose my Reset AD Pre and Post WO. Because not only do long workouts elicit catabolic activity, but it also depletes your adrenals.

Keep up the good work though. Makes me push harder during my workouts...
Interesting idea.. I was under the impression that it would be better if taken more "spread out" during the day?.. any contraindications from taking it that way?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
This log is very well put together. Running a marathon are we? That is a proud accomplisment indeed.

Thanks for illustrating it so well too, I like the sketches/pics that are peppered throughout. :)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Hey AB, what is your selection rate?? --- After applying, what is the % of you getting selected?

I bet its darn near 100 ;)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Hey AB, what is your selection rate?? --- After applying, what is the % of you getting selected?

I bet its darn near 100 ;)
Haha actually, no! I have major geographical disadvantage, half the things I want to try are either banned (damn customs :mad: ) or shipping costs, but if anything, it is usually the first reason. What can I say, you PAL boys are extra nice peeps!

This log is very well put together. Running a marathon are we? That is a proud accomplisment indeed.

Thanks for illustrating it so well too, I like the sketches/pics that are peppered throughout. :)
hey thanks for dropping by, this is the one I'm doing.. its 14km, not 42, though
http://city2surf.sunherald.com.au/index.asp

Didn't go last year, but I went the year before... took about 1.5 hours haha. Trying to do a bit better this year :D

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
lol hey, how's things tommy?! :)

Sunday 1st July - Shoulders + Tris

.. seated Db press ..
15x5kg 10x7.5kg 6x10kg

.. Military Press ..
10x20kg 6x25kg 6x25kg

.. Db Front raise ..
15x4kg 12x4kg 12x4kg

.. Db seated lateral raise ..
15x3kg 15x3kg 10x4kg

.. Skullcrushers ..
10x15kg 7x17.5kg 7x17.5kg

.. Dips ..
8, 4,4,4,4 (increased dips by 2!!! and then ran out of steam..)

.. Tricep pushdown ..
11x70kg 7x80kg 6x80kg

.. Cable rear/lat raises
2 sets x15,12 .. pansy weights

.. PWO CARDIO .. n/a time to go to work :( I'll try to get some in tonight.. tryy

Workout time: ~1hr

Edit: so I did end up doing cardio today. And yes I realise there is a LOT of work for me to do if I want to run this marathon!

Tready: 4 sets x 5min @10km, 2min walking pace in between, then walking for a bit.

Foods for the day:

1) Oat/wheat bran, yoghurt, whey
2) Oatmeal, yoghurt, whey, banana
3) Mixed beans, chicken, lettuce, tomato, efas
4) Rice, kanga, random mixed greens, walnuts
5) Cottage cheese, walnuts, efas

Totals 47f 254c 179p (54fibre)..

Supps: Leviathan x 3 today, just trying this out. Going well, seems like I'm starting to build up a tolerance to it already though.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Leviathan isnt loaded up with caffeine... and typically yohimbine will only provide energy for so long, so thats why you arent getting the same jolt from it... interested to see how 3 ed works for you!!!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Interesting idea.. I was under the impression that it would be better if taken more "spread out" during the day?.. any contraindications from taking it that way?
I am taking 3 caps daily.

I have already tired them split out. 1 am 1 during lunch and 1 post wo.

Now I am sampling 1 am, 1 pre-wo (6-7pm) and 1 post-wo (9-10pm).

There should be no issue with taking your doses spread out through the day, but I am trying to take it as support for when I feel I need it most.

1) Morning time. With 3-AD I am feeling a bit lethargic.
2) Pre-wo I take 6 caps of RPM and after along stressful day my adrenals could use some support.
3) Post-wo, my adrenals should be shot by now, so Reset is needed most at this time IMO.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Disclaimer: I am not coming onto you at all.

Progress pics??

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
okok ok just for you bj, i'm back from the gym so I'll take a couple of pics now!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Quads

Yes those are stretchmarks :mad: well they have been growing, so can't be too unhappy!!

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established

Yes those are stretchmarks :mad: well they have been growing, so can't be too unhappy!!
looking great AB, just a sidenote....feeling the shoes for this photoshoot....appreciate the extra attention to detail..hahahaha...jk...

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Looking really good AB. Tight like a tiger. You have a good physique already.. IMO you don't need to cut.

I actually have a grayscale bikini that I was going to wear in a picture... but you claimed it. Now I have go find something sassier to "one up" you with.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
hahah don't look too hard you'll see all my flaws!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Looking really good AB. Tight like a tiger. You have a good physique already.. IMO you don't need to cut.

I actually have a grayscale bikini that I was going to wear in a picture... but you claimed it. Now I have go find something sassier to "one up" you with.
Haha oh really!!!?

well I'm still looking to get stronger, the actual aim is recomp all the way. I don't really have enough muscle to "cut". If I cut I would end up with nothing but skin and bones, that's what happened last time I tried it, but I can't handle a straight up bulk either. Psychologically, being naturally small, I can't see myself gaining too much yucky weight in the meantime. That's why I'm eating at around maintenance (weight barely fluctuates) and just trying to get STRONGER, hopefully that translates to a recomp effect. Cheers!

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Haha oh really!!!?

well I'm still looking to get stronger, the actual aim is recomp all the way. I don't really have enough muscle to "cut". If I cut I would end up with nothing but skin and bones, that's what happened last time I tried it, but I can't handle a straight up bulk either. Psychologically, being naturally small, I can't see myself gaining too much yucky weight in the meantime. That's why I'm eating at around maintenance (weight barely fluctuates) and just trying to get STRONGER, hopefully that translates to a recomp effect. Cheers!
my bad, I think the DCP run prior, (in addition to the supps in this log) gave me false impressions then.

I hear you on the psychological part. I keep lean for the majority of the year, even when trying to put on muscle.. I can't keep fat on me without feeling like a slob somehow.. So I cut in haste, which in turn impedes the "bulk".

Yeah, generally stronger equates to more muscle.. for the most part. We all like getting stronger anyways. Your diet looks solid, and you know what works for you obviously... I look forward to the results.

I need to try kangaroo sometime.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Looking good, great legs. Keep up the good work.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Lol!! hahah I apologise, my skin has always been white as, plus it is middle of winter here .. ;)
Well... I guess I'll let it slide then. Way to keep that body fit! Most girls here in the states start getting that spare tire round there belly and hips from beer and horrible diet. Its absolutely disgusting and always have to appreciate it when a girl does work and takes care of her physique.:chick: :blink:

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah ubi, I would rather feel relatively lean all year too, otherwise there would be too much to do come summertime! If you ever get the chance, def try the kanga.

SWG, thanks for checking in!

Hey I was under the impression that some girls over there are pretty good looking, no? I'm probably one of the bigger girls here.. heh, my friends are all twigs, I used to be as well.. show ya a pic from before I started for comparison.. this was about one and a half years ago.. it has been pretty hard since I am naturally skinnyfat, my body loves fat but hates to gain muscle when I eat. But, hey no excuses, that doesn't stop me from trying. Slowly, I've put on a bit of mass since then!!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established

Monday 2nd July - OFF

Tuesday 3rd July - Back, Cardio

.. partner assisted pullups ..
12, 8, 7

.. narrow pulldowns ..
10x30kg, 8x35kg, 8x35kg

.. bb row ..
10x22.5kg 12x22.5kg

.. one arm db row ..
3 sets: 10x10kg

.. hyperextensions ..
1 set x12

.. sumo deads ..
6x50kg, 4x50kg, 10x50kg, 60kg singles (about 10)

.. PWO CARDIO .. 35min elliptical - level 10

PM cardio: 1 hour bodystep.

Scaled the weight back for most exercises today to work on form and mm connection which I find difficult sometimes with back exercises. Deads felt a lot better today though! Still it was a great workout.. cardio cardio, I didn't even realise the clock on the machine said 40mins, I was like **** better get off. Haha. No lifting for the next few days because of a crazy school schedule.

just wanted to say this evening I was so buzzed I did extra cardio, yes extra! so it was actually 1hour step class, + 45mins RPM (spinning). Felt like I could go forever, no kidding! Since I'm on 3 caps of leviathan now, the last one wasn't with reset AD, so it seemed to kick in quicker, I only took it ~15mins beforehand (oops I forgot..)

Anyway, cardio supps were like this:
1 cap leviathan
2 caps PEA
2 scoops bcaas (right now I'm mixing Excell strawberry with watermelon xtend - tastes damn good. Not too sweet. I've had heaps of the excell but the taste is pretty mild, and watermelon is pretty strong, the mix is purrfect in icy water.) To be honest, I only take bcaas because of all the research, as to its effects, I am not sure if it is placebo or if it actually works.. When I use PW or Octane though, I notice a greater effect. Anyway it is that having something sweet to sip on definitely makes my sessions more bearable and I'm banking on its anticatabolic effects. Anyway the PEA also gave me a nice euphoric feeling, and my endurance is getting better! Good sesh!

i think that was 4 hours in the gym today :: eek ::

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
looking good AB! i like the fingernails haha. i notice that kind of stuff i guess...

will you be doing 3 leviathan a day until further notice?

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
yeah i think so!

Actually when I started at 2 caps, my eyes became a bit dry, I've been using eye drops at night, today at 3 caps they seem ok, if it happens again I'll drop down to 2.

lol you like my rainbow nail polish do you.. it's chipped because I'm too lazy to take it off!! I have the biggest stash of nailpolish.. i'll get you a pic, coz my log needs more pictures!

K here you go :)
My supp stash isn't quite as plentiful though.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Looking Good Liv. Keep it going.... :)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i think so!

Actually when I started at 2 caps, my eyes became a bit dry, I've been using eye drops at night, today at 3 caps they seem ok, if it happens again I'll drop down to 2.

lol you like my rainbow nail polish do you.. it's chipped because I'm too lazy to take it off!! I have the biggest stash of nailpolish.. i'll get you a pic, coz my log needs more pictures!
:lol: hahaha. yeah...any pictures from you are good. This is probably the most detailed and hottest log ive ever seen:head:

Im in touch with my feminine side in the straightest way lol. i have girl friends that like to go out shopping w/me cuz i guess i just know what is hot. im cool like that. :D

that lime green is electrifying!!!

Last edited:
xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
looking good AB! i like the fingernails haha. i notice that kind of stuff i guess...

will you be doing 3 leviathan a day until further notice?
Finger nails? She has finger nails?

Oh yeah she does.....

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Hey thanks for all the lovely comments.. thankyou thankyou, but if you had some constructive feedback on anything I'm doing I would love to hear it too!

Wednesday 4th July - Cardio

... 1 hour total body ...
fun class.. lots of jumping around, kicks and random pushups and abs, hadn't tried this one before, boy do they make me feel so unfit, call me sweating machine!

Thursday 5th July - Legs, cardio

.. quad extensions ..
12x35kg 8x45kg 7x50kg

.. leg press ..
12x120kg 6x160kg 6x160kg
no increase in weight, went a bit deeper today

.. sumo squat ..
10x40kg 10x40kg 3x50kg* 4x50kg
*ook i got pwnd big time! These squats were extra low today, I was practically touching the safety hooks for each rep.

.. sldl ..
12x40kg 8x50kg
nice stretch.

.. db lunges ..
15x7.5kg 12x10kg
used a lighter weight and got my form right with higher reps.

..... insert random wrist curls ....
coz the guy next to me was doing them the whole time today, thought I'd take a tip from wrist curl pro..

... standing cable hamstrings ...
12 x15kg 8x17.5kg
slight groin pain.. :cool:

.. lying hamstrings ..
my gawd my legs were so dead by this stage.. 2 quick sets

.. seated calf raises ..
15x20kg (+20 unweighted) 12x20kg (+20 unweighted)

.. standing single leg db calf raises ..
2 sets. 8x7.5kg (+20 unweighted)

.. PWO CARDIO .. 20min elliptical - level 10-12

... Duration.. 8970983746hours

Still too tired to comment, that workout kicked my arse. Weights haven't really improved, and I am working on form... still it would be nice to increase sometimes, cardio last night I think hampened my leg recovery this morning too, might up my eating if I'm not improving soon, that, or drop some cardio (Nooooooo!)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
your workouts look good all the time. Maybe you need a spot to push you a little harder....

some people like training with a partner, but others like me, like to go solo (- rare occasional spot). I would make an exception for someone as wonderful as yourself. lol.

How much cals are you taking in now? below or under? Wait, thats the same thing lol. above or below maintenance?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
If you aren't seeing improvement, drop back the volume a little. Cut a few isolation movements out of your day. Sometimes all you need is to let off a little bit from the program and rest up a bit more to see results.

I used to be in a state of overtraining for years. The moment I pulled back the volume a little, my plateaus crumbled.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you aren't seeing improvement, drop back the volume a little. Cut a few isolation movements out of your day. Sometimes all you need is to let off a little bit from the program and rest up a bit more to see results.

I used to be in a state of overtraining for years. The moment I pulled back the volume a little, my plateaus crumbled.
Hahaha that's my highschool career in a nutshell. Boy was that frustrating.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
reminds me of the nail polish job in the series Dexter on showtime

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it might be a bit too much volume... here's what the program is, it is the "Fusion Nutrition training manual" that I was sent by them. let me know if I should cut down on anything.. but I'll only be on it for another two weeks, so I'm hoping I can just stick it out..

Chest/Bis

Incline db flyes 15,12,8
Incline bb press 10,6,6
Flat bench: 10,6,6
Cable crossover: 12,8
Seated incline db curls 12,8
Standing bb curls 10,6,6
Preacher curls 10,8
Db hammer 10,8

Legs

Quad extensions 12,10,6
Leg press 10,6,6
Squats 10,6,6
Lunges 8,8
Standing leg curl 12,8
Lying leg curls 10,6,6
Stifflegged deads 10,8
Standing calves 20,12
Seated calves 12

Back

Pullups (assisted for me) 12,10,6
Close grip pulldowns 10,6,6
BB row 10,6,6
Db row 10,6
Hyperextensions 12
Deadlift 10,6,6

Shoulders/tris

Seated db press 12,10,6
MP 10,6,6
Front raise 12,8
Seated db lateral raise 15,12,10
Cable side/rear raises 10,6
Tricep pushdown 12, 6,6
Skulls 12, 6, 6
Dips 10,6

20min cardio pwo, cardio whenever else I can fit in...
Actually I feel like my legs and arms and shoulders in particular are looking like I've been making progress, even though the actual weight isn't going up a big deal, I am eating at around maintenance right now, last weigh in I was down 1 pound haha

anyway feeling kinda run down today, its so cold... :eek: I can't afford to get sick!!