True Shred & PES Shift Detailed stack 8 week run MOTIVATION

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. True Shred & PES Shift Detailed stack 8 week run MOTIVATION

Whats up everyone, Im going to be starting a detailed log for 8 weeks on or about August 13th of Rock Hard Supplements True Shred and PES SHIFT.
    About me, Im 35 years old have been training roughly half my life. Im 5'10", 205 lbs and probably somewhere around 13-15% BF. I competed for several years in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu so my commitment to diet will be on point. My motivation to do this log is coming from the recent diagnosis of my wife having Cancer (Treatable). I kind of just gave up on the gym and bjj all together for the last few months. Ive been doing half ass workouts and my diet went to **** from the point of diagnosis. Anyway, I did some soul searching and have become extremely motivated to get myself shredded and back on the mats. This log will keep me on point as I am a father of two girls, my job is shift work oriented, and taking care of the wife. Im going to post my daily macros, workouts, and a daily overall review of my well being from the stack. This will be a very detailed log and I plan on keeping it interactive as possible. Looking for you guys to help me push and keep my motivation levels through the roof.

LAYOUT
    True Shred will be taken - 2 caps in the AM- 2 caps in the PM.
    PES Shift will be taken on an empty stomach upon wakening.
    L-Carnitine 500 taking 5ml twice daily between meals.
    Multivitamin
    1 Tablesppon- Apple Cider Vinegar upon wakening with 8 oz of water
    Pre Workout- Cellucor C4
    BCAA- Scivation Extend
    Whey Protein

My calorie intake will be around 1800-2000 calories on weight training days which will be 4 days a week where carbs will be consumed post workout only.
    Im looking to keep my carbs around 80-100 on weight training days. Fasted cardio will be done 3x per week- Hill Sprints, Jacobs Ladder, BJJ, Uphill Treadmill walk. Fasted cardio days im looking to stay around 1800 calories 30-50 carbs strictly from veggies.

Weight training will be broken down as follows- Somewhere around 6 sets of each pyramiding up. I tend to throw Super Sets in also.
    Workout A- Bench Press, Seated Arnold Press, Body Weight Pull Up.
    Workout B- Deadlift, Goblet Squat with Dumbell (Knee Injury), Leg Extensions.
    Workout C- Straight Bar Curl, Seated Hammer Curl, Skull Crusher, Close grip press.
    Workout D- Hex Bar Deadlift, Incline Pause Press, Seated Row.

I may switch things up a little but I plan on sticking to this routine for the 8 weeks. I will post all workouts on the log.

I will be crushing core 4 days a week after workouts or on my cardio days.

This is my outline so far. Im open to suggestions on all aspects of this run. My goal is to get shredded around 10-12% BF 180-185 lbs. I know my goals me seem a bit unrealistic but thats my goal in the 8 weeks that the run is happening. I WILL CRUSH THIS.

•   

2. So i've decided to start logging just my baseline workouts (Only) until my supplements arrive then the diet will follow.
    So I just got back from the gym and completed workout A.

Supplements consumed- Cellucor C4 Pre Workout

Flat Dumbell Press
    60x15 Very Slow and methodical
    70x12
    75x10
    80x10
    85x9
    90x6
    Presses felt pretty good considering my right shoulder is sketchy- worked some volume in today.

Arnold presses
    35x15 Light Warm up
    45x12
    50x10
    55x9
    60x6
    60x6

Bench was slightly angled due to the shoulder. Overall felt good and had a cazy pump from the volume.

Pull Ups

BWx8
    BWx5
    BWx4
    BWx4
    BWx4

Shoulders were smoked while doing the pull ups which lowered my rep count. Pull ups were full extension up and down no cheating.
    All sets were done with body weight today, but that will change as things progress.

1 mile jog after my workout- 8:50 on the time.

Post Workout- Optimum Nutrition Whey and Oats.

Tomorrow I will post up workout B results. Get a decent idea where I stand pre stack at the conclusion of the weeks workouts.

3. Good Job!

4. Baseline Workout C- Couldn't get to my regular gym so I had to supplement in my work gym this morning. Not the best place to get my legs in.
    I had 3 hours sleep last night due to some lingering lower back pain. Im going to add in some Ginger and Tumeric to my daily staple supplements to naturally combat the inflammation. Everything that goes into my body will be posted upon the start of the run. Curious to see what im going to weigh in at starting this LOL. Im guessing im around 200-205Lbs.

Wake Up 4:30am
    Pre Workout- 1 scoop of C4 with 8oz of water consumed while driving to the gym.

Tricep & Bicep Day

Close Grip Bench
    135x15, 155x10, 165x7, 175x5, 185x4, 195x3 I wasn't to excited about doing these presses after chest yesterday but I had to get it done.

Skull Crushers
    70x12, 70x12, 80x10, 85x7, 90x5, 70x12 Burn out set

Straight bar curl
    45x12, 55x12, 65x12, 65x10, 70x6, 70x6

Reverse Ez bar curl
    40x15, 40x15, 50x12, 60x10 (Struggled), 60x6 (Struggled)

1 mile run- Time 8:10 Crushed it today

15 minutes- Lower back stretches

Post Workout- 1 Scoop of Optimum Nutrition Oats and Whey

Side Note- Due to my current sleeping pattern being crap i've decided to add in some ZMA to my staple supplements.
    Im thinking that ill be starting my stack sooner than expected.
    My True Shred and PES Shift should arrive this week which works out perfect because I should have hit all muscle groups prior to starting which was my plan.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Motivation levels up
    •   

5. Awesome! Definitely in on this one! You will love the true shred. A lot of members have had great results with it.
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

6. Nice stack, get you 2 bottles of true shred as you will start to see your results around week 4. I upped mone to 6 caps a day on 2nd bottle. Ran the same stack a few months back. I had erase pro also, and a stimulant.

7. Quote Originally Posted by LeanEngineer View Post
    Awesome! Definitely in on this one! You will love the true shred. A lot of members have had great results with it.
    Thanks pal, I知 really looking forward to it. I知 real anxious to get started on my diet as well . I知 planning on running this cut/recomp for about 3 months. This initial run will be 8 weeks for the stack, but I plan on continuing the log for 12 weeks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BOSSMAN View Post
    Nice stack, get you 2 bottles of true shred as you will start to see your results around week 4. I upped mone to 6 caps a day on 2nd bottle. Ran the same stack a few months back. I had erase pro also, and a stimulant.
    I ordered two bottles of both products. I知 going to give this a run for 8 weeks and see how I make out. BTW im a big fan of Erase Pro. Thanks for tips it痴 appreciated.

9. Quote Originally Posted by XxFit4SwatxX View Post
    Thanks pal, I’m really looking forward to it. I’m real anxious to get started on my diet as well . I’m planning on running this cut/recomp for about 3 months. This initial run will be 8 weeks for the stack, but I plan on continuing the log for 12 weeks.
    You should get nice results with the true shred. Especially if your diet will be on point.

10. The diet is underway as of today. I値l be posting up my macros along with my workout that was done today. I知 at work now, so it will be posted up tonight. Looking forward to this, I haven稚 felt this motivated in a long time.

11. CARDIO & CORE DAY

5am Workout

Pre Workout- 1 scoop of C4 consumed while driving to the gym

Treadmill 10%-15% Incline for 30 minutes at about 4.3 MPH
    Burned 507 Calories

Core Work

Lying leg lifts
    3 Sets of 20

Flutter Kicks
    3 Sets of 20

Reverse Crunch
    3 sets of 20

Weighted Rope Crunches

3 sets-60x15

Lower back stretches are definitely helping loosen me up after my workouts.

Diet

Meal 1- 2 Whole eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition Oats and Whey

Meal 2- 6 oz of grilled chicken, 3 cups of mixed greens, 1/4 peppers and onions, 1 Tbs of Tzatziki, 2 Tbs Guacamole

Meal 3- 8 oz black coffe, Blue Diamond Sircaha Almonds

Meal 4- 12 oz Fresh Beef Bulgoki, Cucumber salad with Red Wine Vinegar

Meal 5- Bullet Proof Coffee

Calories- 1,902
    Protein- 152 Grams
    Carbs- 49
    Fat- 106 G

Im pretty happy with my macros for today considering the heavy cardio work I put in today. Ill officially weigh in the day I start the stack. This workout was done in my gym at work. My back is feeling pretty good and I feel ready to hit my legs tomorrow. Im a little concerned about deadlifts but im going to give it a go.

12. Nice workouts and diet looks like it's on point!

13. Thanks brother, my diet and workouts are going to step up. Thanks for fueling my motivation.

14. LEG DAY

4:30am Wake up

Pre Workout- 1 scoop C4 mixed with 8oz water consumed while driving to the gym.

Hammer Strength Angled Squat (Plate Loaded) Weight listed is loaded on each side

45x15 Slow and Low, 75x10, 85x10, 95x10 (Slowly easing into squats after a tweaked lower back)

Goblet Squat with Dumbell

40x10, 50x10, 60x10, 70x10 (Legs were screaming with the volume of reps)

Romanian Dead Lift

4 sets of 10 Reps with 135 lbs (Super slow reps)

Walking Lunges (with one handed Kettle bell for core stabilization)

15X20, 25x20, 25x20 (Struggled), 25x20 (Struggled)

Treadmill 6% incline at 3mph for 20 minutes. Followed by a back stretch series

Diet

Meal 1- 1 Tbs Natural peanut butter, 2 scoops of Nitro Tech Whey Gold

Meal 2- Power Crunch Protein bar, Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds

Meal 3- 6 oz Grilled Chicken Breast, 3 cups- mixed greens, Olive oil and Red Wine vinegar

Meal 4- 2 hard boiled eggs

Meal 5- 1 grilled chicken kebab

Meal 6- 16oz of Sirloin tips, 1-corn on the cob

Total Macros

Calories- 2184
    Protein- 249 Grams (Gains)
    Carbs- 51 Grams
    Fat- 102 Grams
    (Im happy I got some extra calories today but at the same time kept my carb intake relatively low).

Im already sore from todays leg workout and still have soreness from both previous workouts. My back feels significantly better which means the stretches are definitely working. Im thinking that my supplements are going to arrive tomorrow which means the actual real deal log will start on Thursday for upper day.

Each day with the log im going to be updating my strength, pump, well being, and side effects along with my weight. If theres anything else that you would like to see me add to the log im open for suggestions.

15. You have a nice set up on your post in terms of content.. I've seen a lot of people break it down as Workout, Diet, and Supplements. Bold those three sections and then fill in your workout, diet and supplements. So similar to what you have only the Supplements section doesn't stick out as much on your current post. But if you added a supplement section it would be more clear. Just a thought.
  16. Cardio and Core Day

Good morning everyone. First off, the level of soreness in my legs is insane and im loving it. I woke up today without any soreness in my back and im holding my stretching accountable for it. Im going to try to log my workouts earlier in the day and follow it up in the evening with my diet.

6:00 AM Wake up

Started Drinking 32oz of water with 1 scoop of Cellucor C4

CARDIO AND CORE

Treadmill work- 40 minutes on a 10%-15% incline at 3.2 mph - 4.3 mph only walking today due to the soreness of my legs.
    532 Calories Burned

Ab Work

Weighted lying reverse crunch
    20lbsx20, 25lbsx20, 30lbsx15, 30lbsx15

Flutter Kicks

4 sets of 20 reps

Rocky Balboa Leg lift (knee to chest)

4 sets of 15 reps

Wood Choppers (cable)

6 sets of 20 lbs

I think theres a good possibility that my order is going to arrive today. I would really like to start tomorrow on my full body day.
    I really wasn't expecting to be this sore from my leg workout. I haven't worked with that type of volume in a while, im not gonna lie im enjoying the soreness. Tomorrows workout modification is going to be replacing Hex bar deadlifts with Weighted Sled pushes. Im trying to ease into deads with my lower back and the fact that my legs are this sore today would probably do more harm then good. Im also going to add in pull ups for tomorrow.
    Ill be posting up diet later this evening.

Have a great day everyone crush your goals.

17. Thanks for the input. I will definitely break it down like that especially once this log truly gets underway. Thanks for helping me workout out the kinks.

18. Diet 08/08/18- Sorry guys things got hectic at work last night and I was unable to log in my diet

Meal 1- 2 hard boiled eggs, Bullet proof coffee

Meal 2- 1 cup Cilantro lime Cauliflower rice, 12 oz grilled chicken breast, 3 slices of low sodium turkey bacon

Meal 3- 3 oz Chicken Breast, 3oz sirloin steak, 3 oz grilled shrimp, grilled broccoli,

Meal 4- 6 oz Chicken breast, 1 Tbls Natural Peanut Butter, 1 Tbls Sirichia Hot Sauce

Meal 5- 1 scoop of Oats and Whey mixed with 1 cup of almond milk

Macros

Calories- 1,605
    Protein-195 G
    Carbs- 65 G
    Fat- 58 G

Not really thrilled with my numbers for the end of the day, a little to low for me. All in all it was my cardio and core day so im not that concerned. Sorry the late post.
  19. Upper Body

Still no supplements, I was hoping that they would arrive yesterday while I was at work but no such luck. Its all good this allowed me to get in all my workouts for the week without taking any supplements besides my pre workout and protein. Todays's workout was solid considering that I was pretty tired from getting minimal sleep due to work. Im going be doing two separate posts a day the first will consist of my workout which always happens in the early morning followed by my diet and supplement review in the evening or next morning. Things are not exactly easy with my wife going through cancer treatment and still having to take care of the my two little girls. Im not trying to make any excuses, but dont mind me if I have to split these posts up a little its just easier for me. Ok sorry for rambling on.

INCLINE PAUSE PRESS (slow count down/Full Pause/ Press )

Warm up 125x15, 135x12, 155x10, 175x8, 195x4, 205x2 (such a great movement, true contraction of the chest) The pump is real.

Pull Ups

BWx10, BWx10 Overhand Grip, BWx8 , BWx5 Chin up grip, BWx4, BWx4 Wide grip over hand

Dumbell Shoulder Raise

17.5x15, 17.5x15, 17.5x10 (Side raise), 17.5x10, 17.5x10, 17.5x10 (Front raise)

Seated Row (Close Grip)

70x15, 100x12, 120x10, 120x10, 140x7, 140x7

Light Cardio

Treadmill 20 minutes Incline Walk- 15% Incline 4mph

Workout overall felt great. I truly focused on form for every single rep I did today.

Im debating on hitting the gym tomorrow and doing Hex Bar Deads, Sled Pushes, and some core. Im really hoping my supps arrive today.

20. 15% 20 mins 4mp would kill me.....nice work
  21. True Shred & PES Shift Detailed stack 8 week run MOTIVATION

@XxFit4SwatxX,Diet Looks Good!Your Workouts Look Great!Keep Grinding Brother!

22. DIET 08/09/18

Meal 1- 1 scoop Oats and Whey, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 hardboiled eggs

Meal 2- 4 oz grilled chicken, 1 cup of brown rice

Meal 3-30 g of almonds, 14 oz Muscle Milk, 1- Wildberry Power Crunch

Meal 4- 6oz Ground Chicken, 2 cups of cauliflower rice

Meal 5- 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, 1- Tbls Natural Peanut Butter, 1 cup- Almond Milk

MACROS

Calories 1,937
    [B]Protein 182 G[/B]
    Carbs 110 G
    Fat 75 G

Diet has been pretty easy to maintain im not really experiencing any temptations at the moment. I have a wedding to go to this evening lol. I plan on eating all proteins which should be pretty easy.

Half of my stack arrived yesterday, still waiting on my TRUE SHRED. I should have it today or tomorrow which will allow me to start the true log on Monday which was my estimated date to start.
  23. Cardio and Core Day

Workout for 08/10/18

Cardio

Treadmill- 10%-15% Incline 4mph- 358 Calories Burned

Jacobs Ladder- 4 sets/ 1 minute intervals/ 100 steps minimum- Unsure of calories burned

Core

Lying Reverse Crunch- 3 sets of 20 reps

Flutter Kicks- 3 sets of 20 reps

Rocky Balboa Leg Lift Crunch- 3 sets of 10 Reps

Push up position- Knee to elbow- 3 sets of 20 Reps

I decided against the Hex Bar deadlifts and Sled pushes because I back felt slightly achey when I got up. I didn't have any plans on hitting the gym over the weekend, but im going to go tomorrow morning and get in some more leg work. My plan is Hex Bar deads, Sled pushes, leg extensions.

24. Quote Originally Posted by XxFit4SwatxX View Post
    Half of my stack arrived yesterday, still waiting on my TRUE SHRED. I should have it today or tomorrow which will allow me to start the true log on Monday which was my estimated date to start.
    Awesome man! Can't wait to see how you like it!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stack with PES Shift
    By Tboy47 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-30-2018, 01:16 PM
  2. Epi 2.0, PES Shift, PES Erase. Cut stack
    By Leetrevino15 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2016, 06:35 PM
  3. PES Shift and EC stack Question(Cutting question)
    By omgnikon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-20-2015, 07:29 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-21-2015, 05:07 PM
  5. 808rebel's Summer Shred w/ PES' Superman Stack
    By 808rebel in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 05:54 PM