Carbed Up and Dangerous - SNS Glycophase (+Focus XT) LOG

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd like to thank my buddy Mack411 for allowing me the opportunity to log SNS's Glycophase. He was also generous enough to send me a tub of SNS Focus XT (Cotton Candy) :D It could not have come at a better time because I am in a transition phase. Each week I will be slowly adding carbohydrates back into my diet. I'll be making notes of the nutrient partitioning effects of Glycophase, as well as my experience with SNS Focus XT. My hope is that it will aid in bringing my current training to a whole new level. Hence the log title, "Carbed Up and Dangerous". Let's get started, shall we?! :)

CW: 160lbs

Training:
Heavy lower (squats/deadlifts/sumo dl)
Lower Hypertrophy (dynamic work - box jumps/single legged movements, glute work)
Upper hypertrophy (chest/shoulders/back/tri's)
HIIT/Cardio (whatever I am feeling that day - usually jump rope/tire flips)

Carb Intake: This week I am capping my carb intake ~65g. For the next few weeks I will add in ~10g carb weekly or as I see fit. I also don't see anything wrong with adding a few more carbs post heavy lower days and scaling back on off days. I'm willing to learn from others so any questions, comments, etc are welcome. Committed to moving ahead in this process and look forward to corresponding with everyone!

I started off my morning today with fasted cardio - 15 minutes of jump rope skipping followed by 30 min walk. This evening I will be working on shoulders. About to take my first 1/2 scoop of Focus XT and will report back with the results of my w/o. I've already taken 1 pill and waited about 20 minutes to eat my pre-workout meal - protein chocolate cake with protein frosting, a cup of coffee, and white chocolate PB + jelly rice cake.

food1.jpg

food2.jpg

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OHP
4x3

1 Arm DB Side Lat Raise
4x15

DB Rear delt raise
4x15

DB 6 ways
2x10

DB Press
4x12

DB Single Arm Hang Clean
4x10

RB Tricep Pushdowns
3x12 (3 sec pause)

Alrighty so I just finished my shoulder workout. Other than an impingement in my left shoulder, the workout went well. I was doing RC work between sets as well but could not OHP as much as I would have liked. Didn't want to push past the impingement. - ahhh just one of those days I guess! Rests today were kept short and I blasted through each set with good focus. DB Hang Cleans are so damn fun.

Took 1/2 scoop of Focus XT with ~6oz of water. Smelled like liquid cotton candy and tasted berry-like with a hint of cotton candy. Next time I'll use less water and maybe even use a full scoop. Interested to see how it treats me on squat/deadlift days. :)

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
I'm right here,I can't wait to follow along with this!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
IN!!!!:woohoo:

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
focus is pretty sexy, i like it. hope you do too!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saturday:

IMAG1616_20130914155920729.jpg

Chased 1/2 scoop of Focus XT with 5 oz of water. The weather is nice today. It's ~70*F and breezy so I went outside to "play". A bunch of stuff I did today:

BW Modified Rows
Negative Pull/Chin Ups
30 yd sprints
Tire Jumps
Tire Flips
Hill Backward/Forward Bear Crawl

Can't do a single unassisted pull/chin ups so the negative pull/chin ups are the next best thing. Maybe I can progress to doing them unassisted one day but that's not a priority at the moment. My lats felt great afterwards though. Backwards bear crawl up a hill is really taxing on the whole body and I suggest everyone try it, lol. I had to switch to forward bear crawl about half way up. At one point I was crawling at a sideways angle but my workout partner did not bother to say anything until I reached the top!!

Playground Videos:

[video=youtube;kKY1XNZCJeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKY1XNZCJeA[/video]

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube;ILml3UGJkTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILml3UGJkTY[/video]

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
ive tried pink lemonade, something that was blue, pina colada, and blackberry. they were all awesome, i think pinacolada was my favorite, but its a toss up between that and blackberry. id sip on it all day if it didnt have caffeien haha!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive tried pink lemonade, something that was blue, pina colada, and blackberry. they were all awesome, i think pinacolada was my favorite, but its a toss up between that and blackberry. id sip on it all day if it didnt have caffeien haha!
Sounds like you've tasted the rainbow from that description. Pina colada = yum. I believe there are caffeine free versions now. :)

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Hey there Ms tire toss ;)

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
I love the addition of the videos,straight up getting it!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OFF DAY

Afternoon everyone! :) No weights today. My lats feel sore in a good way. Some thoughts on Glycophase so far being 2 days in;

Day 1 (9/13):
Took 2 pills. 15 minutes prior to eating my pre-workout meal and the other 30 minutes prior to my 2nd last meal of the day. Both meals had at least 25 - 30g of carbs. No GI issues or bad side effects to note. I did notice less bloat after both meals which was pretty neat.

Day 2 (9/14):
Took 2 pills again. 1 pill 15 minutes prior to consuming 2 servings of Fiber One Chocolate cereal and 1/2 cup of almond milk. Felt fine and very little bloat afterwards. Took the 2nd pill ~30 minutes prior to my 2nd last meal of the day which had less than ~20g carbs. Soon after I finished eating I started to experience some nausea. I don't believe it was my meal because I've had this meal every day sans nausea so I am thinking the lack of carbs and addition of GDA was the culprit. Next time I will make sure my meals contain ~25g minimum.

Physically I can feel almost like a stomach rumble followed by less bloating shortly after eating. I can anticipate slight hunger pains within an hour or so of eating my meals. Nothing bad but very interesting to note. Just means something is definitely happening!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sub a dub dub.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
they are cleared!

I read the title, and youre transisition back? Did you cut with little carbs? If so... how log / long / and what is your normal carb intake?
GeekPoop (lol every time) I have been taking in low carbs during the week with a refeed on the weekends for months. My carbs were ~ 40g on off days and ~70g on lifting days. It is difficult to stay disciplined during the week that way and the feeling of deprivation and lack of energy set in...eventually I want to transition to a more flexible way of dieting that can be maintained long term. Good question. :)

Awards
  • Established
Subbed! Interested to see how glycophase treats you. I have a couple bottles sitting in my cabinet for future use. Currently digging AP.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed! Interested to see how glycophase treats you. I have a couple bottles sitting in my cabinet for future use. Currently digging AP.
Hey welcome 804! :) So far so good... Actually I have not done any lifting for 3 days due to hammies/back soreness and have maintained my weight eating slightly higher carbs on Sunday and Monday. I've been waking up to a feeling of fullness so I was fully expecting some weight gain but the scale hasn't gone up all that much, only .5lb. Going to crush some iron today though. Stay tuned!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yo!!! Subbed

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
GeekPoop (lol every time) I have been taking in low carbs during the week with a refeed on the weekends for months. My carbs were ~ 40g on off days and ~70g on lifting days. It is difficult to stay disciplined during the week that way and the feeling of deprivation and lack of energy set in...eventually I want to transition to a more flexible way of dieting that can be maintained long term. Good question. :)
Ah interesting! Thanks for that, was kind of curious when we were going into unknown territory!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took Glycophase with my pre-workout meal which consisted of protein cake and rice cake. Felt pretty full but not bloated. Will take another with my bowl of Fiber One cereal in about an hour!! This is how I feel about it ~> :D Drank1 full scoop of Focus XT with 8oz of water and then hit the weights. Today's session:

Front Squats
45x8
70x3* (3 count pause)
90x3 (3 count )
110x3 (3 count)
120x2 (1 count + explode up)
125x2
115x3

Back Squats
80x3 (3 count pause)
100x3 (1 count + explode)
115x3 (1 count + explode)
125x5
135x2
145x1
155x1 *PR*
115x5

BB Front Squat Static Hold
115x20 sec
115x30 sec

+ Core

Jump Rope Skipping
2 min on
1 min off
2 min on
1 min off
3 min on
----
9 min total

Hit a PR on back squats despite a very tight left hammie. It was seriously annoying. I couldn't stretch/roll the kink out, but I wasn't going to skip squats today. Initially only went in to do some pause squats and work on exploding out of the hole but back squats were feeling really good. I added more weight and decided to go for singles. Pretty happy about it. :)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PR, even while working through the tight hips.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Back Squats
135x2
145x1
155x1 *PR*

Straight UP Beast Mode!!!!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
what ugly shoes she has...

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Cereal and Pr's,this is for sure my kind of log!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WED

AM: 30 min walk
Tuneage: You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes (seriously hilarious podcast for those wondering)

PM:

Band Pull Aparts on Foam Roller
2x40

DB Floor Press
3x12

DB floor press Iso hold
3x10

DB Fly
3x10

Band Assisted Negative Pull/Chin up
5 wide grip
5 narrow grip
5 chins

1 arm BBR
2x15

Focus XT helped me power through today's workout. Went from blah to motivated. Substituted bent over rows with negative band assisted pull/chin ups and my lats have never felt more activated. Based on that I think I will continue to do them. :)

Gym Blooper of the day: I was warming up and doing shoulder rotations with a resistance band when it it flew off the hook handle attached on the squat stand and whipped me right in the back. I was having flashbacks of that scene from Roots. Ouch.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on the PR! Killin it!
Thank you 804 :)

Cereal and Pr's,this is for sure my kind of log!
That seems to be the theme so far :)

when I get off of work, I'm going to upload my pumas and nikes. Watch out... they're pretty cool.

congrats on PR as well! If you don't mind me asking, whats all your lift PRs?

What type of sorcery is this?
I will try to prepare myself for the coolness that awaits. Lol, it is a bowl of Fiber One Chocolate cereal. The wizardry part is that it's only 80 calories per serving and I usually scarf down 2 servings. Nom nom.

Never PR'd on bench so I can't comment on that.

Front squat - 135x1
Back squat - 155x1
Deadlift - 200x1
Sumo - 205x1
Bent Over BBR - 115x2

And yours GeekPoop?