20x10
45x10
45x10

Swiss Ball Reverse Hypers
2x15

Plank + Side Plank
2x30sec + 1x30 sec

15 min recovery walk

Watched some Dan Green vids before pulling today. Best piece of advice that I was able to implement into my workout was to lock out my knees first and THEN lock out my hips. That made a big difference when I pulled 135 today for 3x5, easily. 150 felt really good too. No back issues. However, at 170 the bar got away from me a bit and I didn't keep my belly full of air so although it went up my hip lockout was weak, thus resulting in more pressure on the lower back. Other than that it was a solid session and I know I just have to keep practicing the motor patterns. Tomorrow will either be a rest day or tire flips depending on how my lower back feels.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good pulls. I'm glad your back has been holding up for them

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good pulls. I'm glad your back has been holding up for them
I can see where I had gone wrong in the past with locking out my knees and hips simultaneously. Kind of in awe that a minor tweak in form could make the lift so much more efficient. I'm just super pumped and looking forward to the next session. Weee!! :)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
nice pulling session! getting all strong n stuff!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice pulling session! getting all strong n stuff!
Aw shucks. Don't make me blush.

No lifting today. Attempted some tires but my back isn't 100% so better safe than sorry. Plus, I'd like to squat tomorrow. Did some suicides on the field today as well as hill sprints. Today will be lower in carbs as well.

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
Solid on the SLDL. There is a ton of people out there that cannot do those, very nice work.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MON

1 scoop Focus XT

Front Squat
45x8
70x3 (3 sec pause)
90x3 (3 sec pause)
110x3 (3 sec pause)
120x2 (3 sec pause)
130x1 (1 sec pause)
140x1 * PR

Box Squats
110x5
130x5
150x3
175x1
195xF

DB Skipping Jumping Lunge (5lb db)+ Jumping Jacks (ss)
10 x 20
10 x 20

Band Pull throughs
3x12

Plank + Side Plank
2x30 sec + 1x30 sec

New PR on front squats and it came up easy...quite frankly that surprised me since my warm ups were not exactly smooth. But it was a good surprise! Not a lot of gas left for box squats and so I failed @ 195 and stopped there. My legs are going to be sore tomorrow for sure. Not due to squats but the jumping lunges. Those suck!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid on the SLDL. There is a ton of people out there that cannot do those, very nice work.
Thanks Noosh! And yeah, it really depends on how my hammies are feeling that day. :)

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Damn girl you are going to be breaking into the 200lb range with those box squats here real soon!

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the front squat PR! That's always a big feat!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TUES

1 scoop focus XT

30 min jog

Pinch Grip Deadlifts
30x10
50x10
60x10
60x10
60x10

Inverted BW rows
3x10

Band Negative Pull Ups
1x5

Band 1 arm rows
3x10

Band Pull aparts on foam roller
2x40

Mostly band work today. It doesn't bother my lats like weighted rows, so I'm trying to be creative and find ways to work around that.

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
I see ya doing those inverted rows. Love those things, and the reps you are doing shows Kix got some muscles!

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey you :)

There are no openings on the plates so I am gripping the sides. :)
Yeah, I didn't think so. I figured you were either pinching the plate sides or set up a 2x6 board attached to the bar and over handing them.
So how many guys hands do you crush sayin' good night bub!!!???

Do you or should I ask, how many lunches have you won, beating men and women at arm wrestling???

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
TUES

1 scoop focus XT

30 min jog

Pinch Grip Deadlifts
30x10
50x10
60x10
60x10
60x10

Inverted BW rows
3x10

Band Negative Pull Ups
1x5

Band 1 arm rows
3x10

Band Pull aparts on foam roller
2x40

Mostly band work today. It doesn't bother my lats like weighted rows, so I'm trying to be creative and find ways to work around that.
AAAAAAAND your a beast! I like the Pinch grip DL I have never seen those b4 I may have to give those a whirl!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see ya doing those inverted rows. Love those things, and the reps you are doing shows Kix got some muscles!
Lol, just a little bit! :)

Yeah, I didn't think so. I figured you were either pinching the plate sides or set up a 2x6 board attached to the bar and over handing them.
So how many guys hands do you crush sayin' good night bub!!!???

Do you or should I ask, how many lunches have you won, beating men and women at arm wrestling???
Wanna arm wrestle and find out?!

AAAAAAAND your a beast! I like the Pinch grip DL I have never seen those b4 I may have to give those a whirl!
Try it out and let me know how it goes! The Iron grip plates have holes in them that would make gripping easier but mines were holeless.

I really enjoy band work as well when I can't afford to use heavy BB.

A lat spread or something.

IMAG1662_20131002164153270.jpg

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WED

1 scoop Focus XT

OHP

30x5
40x5
40x5

DB Single Arm Hang Clean + Split Jerk
15x8
20x6
25x4
30x3
35x1

DB Bent over Fly
4x15

Seated DB Press + Spider Wall Crawls (ss)
15x30 sec
15x30 sec
15x30 sec
15x30 sec

Jump Rope - 5 rounds
2 min on 1 min off

15 min walk

Light pressing on OHP today. Wasn't really feeling it at all, but threw a few sets in anyway. Used 35's for DB hang clean and I believe that's a PR from last week. Loving those at the moment. Cardio also went pretty smoothly. Listening to a podcast while doing cardio helps me to sort of forget I'm doing cardio, ha. I think I'll take a rest day tomorrow since I have squats and deads to finish off the week.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FRI LOG

1 scoop focus xt

Front squats
45x8
70x8
90x8
90x8
90x8
90x8

Back Squats
90x3 (1 sec hold)
110x3 (1 sec hold)
130x2 (1 sec hold)
125x5x3

Foot Elevated BB Lunge
20x10
30x10
30x10

Band Pull aparts on Foam Roller
2x40

Jump Rope - 3 rounds
2 min on 1 min off

15 min cool down walk

Think I'll keep front squat reps to around 8 or so. Anymore than that and I start to get a strain on the side of my neck/collarbone area. 1st rep @ 130 back squat I felt a tightness/uncomfortable stretch in my hammie coming up out of the hole. Repositioned my feet a bit and was more conscious of pushing knees out for the 2nd rep. Gotta keep that in mind.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FRI LOG

1 scoop focus xt

Front squats
45x8
70x8
90x8
90x8
90x8
90x8

Back Squats
90x3 (1 sec hold)
110x3 (1 sec hold)
130x2 (1 sec hold)
125x5x3

Foot Elevated BB Lunge
20x10
30x10
30x10

Band Pull aparts on Foam Roller
2x40

Jump Rope - 3 rounds
2 min on 1 min off

15 min cool down walk
Good bit of strong work there
Pic: Nice back & lower lumbars especially lookin' tuff. Not just all show there, kiddo...! ;-)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Super late, but in. Great work in here gokix!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SAT

1 scoop focus xt

Sumo DL
70x3
90x3
110x5
135x5x5x5
150x5
165x2x1

SLDL
110x8
110x8
110x8

GM
20x10
45x10
60x10

Swiss Ball Reverse Hypers
2x15

Plank+side plank
2x30+1x30

Jump Rope - 3 rounds
2 min on 1 min off

Decent workout overall. Warm ups were good. Hips were a bit low for the first 2 sets @ 135. Kept them higher for set#3 and that helped. 165 felt a tad better than 170 last week. Gotta keep tighter up top. There is def room for improvement there. On a different note, I went to watch Gravity tonight. Really good film, and the visuals are amazing. Def a recommend for any movie fans out there!

Awards
  • Established
Great DL's and much respect with the focus on form over weight!

p.s. I think I'm going to see gravity this weekend! Glad you liked it

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great DL's and much respect with the focus on form over weight!

p.s. I think I'm going to see gravity this weekend! Glad you liked it
Hey thanks :) Been adhering to the old adage "train smarter." Today seems like a deadlift kind of day...

Peeked into my glycophase bottle this morning and it looks like I have about a week's supply left!

Let me know what you think of the movie. Everyone I know who has seen it has loved it! Sandra Bullock was perfectly cast imho.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TUE

1 scoop focus xt

Sumo DL
90x3
110x3
135x5x5
150x5
165x2
175x1

SLDL
90x8
110x6
135x6

Front Squat
70x3 (3 sec pause)
90x3 (3 sec pause)
110x3 (3 sec pause)
120x1 (1 sec pause)

DB rear delt raise
3x15

RB Tri Pushdowns
3x15

Planks
30 sec
45 sec
45 sec

Sprints
40yd x 6

Sunday was rest day. Didn't get to workout on Monday. Had to take a trip to the ER for a family member. All is okay, but it made for a long day of waiting. Also kept my diet low carb/calorie. After 2 days of no stims, Focus XT hit me super fast today. Felt the rush of energy within 5 minutes of consuming my drink. Had a really strong session as well. 175 was super slow off the floor but I had good leg drive. The part that gets me in trouble is the hip lockout, that usually goes one of two ways - smoothly or badly. Today was a smooth kind of day. Finished off with a few sprints. Still had a lot of energy by the end.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear all is well. I definetly love FXT...good stuff.

Maybe try doing some blocks pulls? Just stack 2 45's under each side of the barbell. That helped my hip drive and lockout enormously

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear all is well. I definetly love FXT...good stuff.

Maybe try doing some blocks pulls? Just stack 2 45's under each side of the barbell. That helped my hip drive and lockout enormously
I will try that next time, thank ya Sean :) How's everything looking for your meet so far?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
how come the pauses on the front squats?

by your description, focus xt just bazinga'd you!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how come the pauses on the front squats?

by your description, focus xt just bazinga'd you!
It bazinga'd me good. Real good.

To place emphasis on the bottom of the squat. Takes away the bounce in the hole and helps me adhere to form and develop strength when popping out of the hole. I'm sure there's a more technical explanation that someone like Sean could expand upon, but that is what I personally gain from pause squats. :)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
It bazinga'd me good. Real good.

To place emphasis on the bottom of the squat. Takes away the bounce in the hole and helps me adhere to form and develop strength when popping out of the hole. I'm sure there's a more technical explanation that someone like Sean could expand upon, but that is what I personally gain from pause squats. :)
Ah Gotcha! Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but why not just use a box lol? or do you want constant tension on yourself?

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah Gotcha! Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but why not just use a box lol? or do you want constant tension on yourself?
Bolded part. :) It is a good question. I also throw in box squats from time to time as well, usually on days when my hips aren't feeling very flexible and I cannot comfortably go ATG.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Constant tension. I've kept track of paused back squat PRs. It's helped me out a ton exploding out of the hole (giggity?) 485x6 seconds is my best. Green, Lilly, Wendler-all recommend pause squatting sometimes and they're strong dudes so I'll follow suit!

I just started pausing Front Squats. Reinforces the upright torso for me. I've only done em baby weight....weak core on this guy lol

Just below parallel on both, not ATG.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Constant tension. I've kept track of paused back squat PRs. It's helped me out a ton exploding out of the hole (giggity?) 485x6 seconds is my best. Green, Lilly, Wendler-all recommend pause squatting sometimes and they're strong dudes so I'll follow suit!

I just started pausing Front Squats. Reinforces the upright torso for me. I've only done em baby weight....weak core on this guy lol

Just below parallel on both, not ATG.
What is baby weight for you? I like to do both front and back (giggity) pause squats. Tried stopping just below parallel but it's hell on my knees.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WED

1 scoop focus xt

RB Assisted Negative Pull ups
1x5

RB Rows
4x15

RB Face Pulls
3x15

RB Band pull aparts on foam roller
2x40

DB Hang Clean (20lb db)
3x10

BW Inverted Rows
3x10

Motivation has eluded me tonight. Did some band work for my back and paused during each rep for more TUT. Hands were a bit shaky by the end because of it I think. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout... sorry to hear about the motivation slip... beat yesterday, today!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THURS

3/4 scoop focus xt

Front Squat
70x3 (3 sec pause)
90x3 (3 sec pause)
110x5

Back Squat
90x5
110x5
130x5
145x3
110x10

BB Foot Elevated Reverse Lunge
20x10
30x10
30x10

RB Pull Thru
3x10

Plank + Side Plank
2x30 sec + 1x30 sec

Jump Rope - 3 rounds
2 min on, 1 min off

15 min cool down walk

Today's workout was fast paced, focused, and distraction free. My mind was in the right place today to lift some weights and overall I am happy with today's session. Squats are improving and coming along. I have only attempted singles on squats over 140+. Today I did 145x3 and could have pushed out 2 more but I could feel myself leaning to the right when shooting up out of the hole.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Make sure that bar is straight in your back if you're leaning. Simple, but I made that mistake bigtime! Do you own any bands? Even just minibands. You can overload a bit and do a reverse band in the power rack to get a feel for the weight.

And Y u no full scoop????? Supossed to do a overflowing heaping scoop!

Distraction free is where I need to be at. Lately I've been distracted. Bleh

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today I did 145x3 and could have pushed out 2 more but I could feel myself leaning to the right when shooting up out of the hole.
It can happen. It is just good when you recognize it and pull it back together.

Good work there again G.