Carbed Up and Dangerous - SNS Glycophase (+Focus XT) LOG

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make sure that bar is straight in your back if you're leaning. Simple, but I made that mistake bigtime! Do you own any bands? Even just minibands. You can overload a bit and do a reverse band in the power rack to get a feel for the weight.

And Y u no full scoop????? Supossed to do a overflowing heaping scoop!

Distraction free is where I need to be at. Lately I've been distracted. Bleh
Thanks! I will look into mini bands and overloading. 3/4 scoop because I had a cup of coffee a few hrs prior and didn't want to overdo it. Didn't take away from the workout though. :)

in....just found it...sorry
You arms are bigger than mines. I will let it slide this time.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SAT

Quick KB/DB workout this morning since I was pressed for time. Bum right shoulder did not help and some exercises were a bit uncomfortable, to say the least. Feels a bit more loosened up after rolling it out. May throw in another workout later in the evening, but no pressing.

All exercises 1x10 with 20 sec rest between:

KB Swing
Kb Halo
Kb figure 8
Kb high pull
Kb goblet squat
kb deadlift
DB hang clean + split jerk

~15 min total

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MON

1 scoop focus xt

Front Squat
45x8
70x3 (3 sec pause)
90x3 (3 sec pause)
110x5

Back Squat
110x3
120x3
130x3
140x3
140x3
140x3
140x3

Jump rope - 3 rounds
2 min on, 1 min off

15 min cool down walk

No accessory work today, just squats. Knees felt like poop today. Hips weren't too great either. Left hip joint made a grinding sound on a few reps (uh-oh) and my chest also caved some. That's usually a sign for me to back off the weight and make sure I'm keeping stricter form... so the strength is there but those weren't the prettiest squats I've done.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No accessory work today, just squats. Knees felt like poop today. Hips weren't too great either. Left hip joint made a grinding sound on a few reps (uh-oh) and my chest also caved some. That's usually a sign for me to back off the weight and make sure I'm keeping stricter form... so the strength is there but those weren't the prettiest squats I've done.
2 cents..
Looking back on some of the work sets thru the weeks, you are hitting lots of "low" rep sets x3's etc., just a thought but, what about taking a few weeks and backing of the weight but hitting some higher rep sets!?
Also might reamp the CNS, from not so much straining on the heavies. Just sayin'
Otherwise, hang in there, we have all been there.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TUES

1/2 scoop focus XT fasted morning w/o

RB Assisted Neg Pull Ups
1x5

Snatch Grip DL
60x10
60x10
75x10
75x10

RB Rows w/pause
3x10

RB Face Pulls w/pause
3x10

Inverted Rows
3x10

Band PA on foam roller
2x40

Planks
3x30 sec

1/2 scoop was just right for this workout. Not too much stim but gave me a nice boost for a fasted workout this morning. Snatch Grip DL completely torched my upper back after negative pull ups. I'm going to have to motivate myself to do some cardio later as well.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 cents..
Looking back on some of the work sets thru the weeks, you are hitting lots of "low" rep sets x3's etc., just a thought but, what about taking a few weeks and backing of the weight but hitting some higher rep sets!?
Also might reamp the CNS, from not so much straining on the heavies. Just sayin'
Otherwise, hang in there, we have all been there.
Good looking out, PB! Right now I've got it set up so I am doing less volume at the beginning of the week and leave the higher rep sets for later in the week. I have to admit though, I have been doing more of the former lately and the unilateral/dynamic leg workouts have been lagging. Maybe I'll do some puke squats at the end of the week! Appreciate your 2 cents, as always. :p

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good looking out, PB! Right now I've got it set up so I am doing less volume at the beginning of the week and leave the higher rep sets for later in the week. I have to admit though, I have been doing more of the former lately and the unilateral/dynamic leg workouts have been lagging. Maybe I'll do some puke squats at the end of the week! Appreciate your 2 cents, as always. :p
Well variety IS, the spice of life

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WED

1-ish scoop focus xt

Sumo Block Pulls
90x3
110x5
135x5x5x5
150x5

SLDL
90x10
110x8
110x8

Good morning
20x10
45x8
60x8

DB Step ups
10x10
15x10
15x10

Swiss Ball Reverse Hypers
2x15

Planks / side plank
2x30 sec / 1x30 sec

40yd sprint x 5

So I did something pretty silly today. Forgot to close the lid on my shaker cup and knocked over my pre all over the kitchen floor. Was able to salvage half of it and threw in another 3/4 scoop so maybe I drank 1.5 scoops. I have no clue and will never know. Onto the workout! Felt pretty weak off the block for sumo. First time doing those so I didn't go heavier than 150 but even 135 didn't feel that strong with less ROM. Is this normal? Hips were good but my knees feel perpetually bruised this week. Tomorrow will be an off day.

Awards
  • Established
Nice job, are the sumo block pulls like a rack pull... or a elevated deadlift?

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job, are the sumo block pulls like a rack pull... or a elevated deadlift?
Elevated deadlift stacked on 2 45's. Sean recommended them to strengthen my lockout. :)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Elevated deadlift stacked on 2 45's. Sean recommended them to strengthen my lockout. :)
It'll definetly help ya overload and strengthen up those hips. I hate rack pulls because if how the bar bends. Blocks are more natural to me. Just not as customizable of a height as a rack would be though.

You'll blast through stick points in no time! Plus it's an ego boost lol

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It'll definetly help ya overload and strengthen up those hips. I hate rack pulls because if how the bar bends. Blocks are more natural to me. Just not as customizable of a height as a rack would be though.

You'll blast through stick points in no time! Plus it's an ego boost lol
For some reason I thought it'd be easier off the block.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For some reason I thought it'd be easier off the block.
Because it's most likely a weak point,behind hopefully later on it won't be. I first started doing it and had to drop down weight. Once you strengthen up from it, you'll blow right past it (you should)

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Because it's most likely a weak point,behind hopefully later on it won't be. I first started doing it and had to drop down weight. Once you strengthen up from it, you'll blow right past it (you should)
I know one guy, who can pull #10-#20 more from the floor with his gas and speed catching momentum, than from a certain pin height, since it is where we/he transitions to get past the knees and the leverages and body english can suck around there. I married those after Martin's huge pulls for his BW.

Chuckle under breath from the shaker
Just the other day I had a jar full of chud after a W/O and with a slippery hand, had it end up flying all over the dining floor. I think it was on the news, how much vulgar language I used...!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know one guy, who can pull #10-#20 more from the floor with his gas and speed catching momentum, than from a certain pin height, since it is where we/he transitions to get past the knees and the leverages and body english can suck around there. I married those after Martin's huge pulls for his BW.

Chuckle under breath from the shaker
Just the other day I had a jar full of chud after a W/O and with a slippery hand, had it end up flying all over the dining floor. I think it was on the news, how much vulgar language I used...!
I could definitely feel more pressure on the knees that day.

Suffer from butter fingers too eh? :p Just the other day I was grocery shopping when a new item on the shelf caught my eye. So I picked it up to read the nutritional info and somehow managed to flip the box over my left shoulder and it dropped to the ground. In my feverish attempt not to look like a klutz I stooped down to pick it up only to accidentally drop it again. Reading it back now it sounds kind of bad, lol.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Suffer from butter fingers too eh? :p Just the other day I was grocery shopping when a new item on the shelf caught my eye. So I picked it up to read the nutritional info and somehow managed to flip the box over my left shoulder and it dropped to the ground. In my feverish attempt not to look like a klutz I stooped down to pick it up only to accidentally drop it again. Reading it back now it sounds kind of bad, lol.
I always do dumb stuff, like that or I'll be at the ATM and do something real stupid, then I realize a few minutes later, they got all that on camera, just like you dropping the box of new fangled food. Hahahaha........! Big Brutter sees all

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FRI

3/4 scoop focus XT

WOD (courtesy of para)

25 front squats @20 lbs
100 single jump ropes
25 front squats @20 lbs
150 single jump ropes
25 front squats @20 lbs
225 single jump ropes
25 front squats @20lbs
300 single jump ropes

~13 minutes

15 min walk cool down

High rep squats were very challenging. Didn't increase the weights each round because I've never done this many reps before. Also could have pushed through a 5th round of squats but decided not to burden my knees since they were burning. Ran down the clock with jump rope (easy peasy part).

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always do dumb stuff, like that or I'll be at the ATM and do something real stupid, then I realize a few minutes later, they got all that on camera, just like you dropping the box of new fangled food. Hahahaha........! Big Brutter sees all
LOL! Never thought I was that interesting to watch.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SAT

Flying solo today and filmed some tire flips. Messed around with it for 30 minutes. Had some trouble finding my grip today. Didn't keep count, just kept pushing til I could push no more. Later tonight I plan to hit back.

[video=youtube;1NMCPJcdPec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NMCPJcdPec[/video]

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
you must be too carbed up and too dangerous, scared off your partner!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 scoop focus XT

RB Wide Grip Flexed Arm Hangs
1x5

RB Neg pull ups
1x5

DL
90x3
110x3
135x3
155x2

Snatch Grip DL
60x8
60x8
70x8
70x15

RB Pull aparts on FR
2x40

Planks
2x1 min

Legs were fatigued from flips earlier but I wanted to crank out a few dead lifts today. Went to failure with SGDL. That burned, in a good way. I'm able to hold myself up longer each time on flex arm wide grip hangs as well... Baby steps. :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Post workout goodness. Glycophase was taken prior to inhaling these.

IMAG1763.jpg

IMAG1765.jpg

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
What is that in the first pic? Whatever it is, its looking delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is that in the first pic? Whatever it is, its looking delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
French toast with banana slices in between. Drizzled with WF strawberry syrup, SF syrup, whipped topping. Forgot to add protein frosting that time but it tasted awesome post w/o. :)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
French toast with banana slices in between. Drizzled with WF strawberry syrup, SF syrup, whipped topping. Forgot to add protein frosting that time but it tasted awesome post w/o. :)
I need to creative like this!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
It def beats drinking a protein shake. I'm sure you've got some cooking skizzles. :)
I've mastered the art of meatballs... Idk what else is left to conquer

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It def beats drinking a protein shake. I'm sure you've got some cooking skizzles. :)
Still, with some grapefruit juice and a can of tuna, that would all blend up in an Oster, and could be chugged if you were crammed for time...!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MON

1 scoop focus xt

Back squat
70x5(3sec pause)
90x8
110x8
125x8
125x8

Front squat
70x10
90x8
90x8

RDL
60x12
80x12
100x12

Foot Elevated lunge w/bb
20x10
20x10

BB Calf Raise
70x15
90x15
110x15

Planks + Side plank
2x30 sec+1x30 sec

15 min cool down walk

Last workout of this log. What better way to end it than with squats! Hips were tight during warmup and didn't really loosen up until about 4th set of back squats. I had some fun with the rest of the workout after I got those out of the way.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final Review!!!!!!!!!

PW: 160
CW: 160 (as of this morning)

Starting carb intake: 65g
Current carb intake: 140g

Starting calories: 1500-1600
Current calories: 1800-1900

GLYCOPHASE

Before diving into GDA's, my diet consisted of low carb during the week with a weekly refeed. Basically I had to be really restrictive during the week if I wanted to have my cheat meal on the weekend. Well I did this for a few months and found this wasn't effective because even on a low calorie diet during the week I was tired, cranky, frustrated, and not seeing the results I wanted. I decided to transition into a more flexible way of dieting last month with Glycophase.

Each week I slowly added in calories and carbs with the use of Glycophase. Over the course of the past few weeks I have been able to increase my carb intake from 65g to 140g peri-workout and calorie intake from ~1500 to ~1900 without added fat gain. I was even able to keep my carb intake higher on cardio days, about 60-70g, and about 50g on complete rest days. I believe the slight increase each week along with Glycophase allowed my body to adapt to the higher carb intake. I am now maintaining on a reasonable amount of calories and when I feel it is time to cut again I will have a higher baseline to work with. The one side effect that I experienced early on was hypoglycemia. Do NOT dose and then under eat carbs, which is what I mistakenly did. Follow the directions on the bottle and it is smooth sailing. I really have enjoyed my run with Glycophase and am only sad that yesterday was my last day, but I would absolutely recommend this product and would love to run it again in the future.

FOCUS XT

Focus XT gave me nice, smooth energy to fuel me during some of my best workouts to date. I never once felt jittery with focus XT like I have with other pre-workouts. Every morning I have a cup of coffee and later in the afternoon/evening I have a scoop of focus xt and it didn't have any ill effects. I enjoyed the Cotton Candy flavor and still have 1/2 tub left. For leg days I'd use a full scoop and other days I'd use 3/4 scoop. The effectiveness for me grew even more when I would take a day or two off. I would feel the effects almost immediately. There are some supplements out there where you don't want to finish the tub, but that is not the case here. I will definitely finish off this tub because I'm very curious about the other flavors as well.

Thank you to the SNS reps and Mack for keeping me in mind to run these 2 products. I enjoyed both Glycophase and Focus XT. And thank you to everyone who followed along and made this a fun ride for me: McCrew, Sean, 804, Mano, Noosh & PB! Much love! Now it's time to hibernate into the gym for the winter and work my booty off.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Dont work your booty off! Build it up ;) great log!