Jim Goes NUTS with AppNut! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Jim Goes NUTS with AppNut!

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

3MAY2013 RE Upper

60 min Pre: 3 Drive, 5g Creatine
    45 min Pre: 7 Uptake, 2 Uncut
    Intra: 1.25 Scoop Gatorade, 2 Scoop MBCAA+ (mixed with .5 gallon water)

Warm-up: External Rotations, Over and Backs, Shoulder Dislocates.

Inc. Bench: 45x10, 95x8, 135x12, 140x10, 135x8, 135x7.5 (triceps failed me lol)

a1. Pull-ups: BWx8, x7, x6 (using cable machine stand, not a bar. Which made them....strange)
    a2. Cable Pull-Aparts: 40x10, 50x7, 50x5

California Press (courtesy of bdcc) : 95x7, 105x6, 105x5

Cage Presses (courtesy of Breezy11) : 85x6x2, 90x4.5 (darn you triceps! lol)

Notes: Good pump today. After the first set of Incline Bench my chest pump actually made my chesticles hurt because of the soreness lol. Good tricep pump throughout the session. Finally figured out the mix I want for the intra drink (and am drinking it along with my post workout Quiznos lol). Not as high intensity as I would have liked today, there was a little too much waiting for equipment and it caused me to have to change my workout selection as well. Cage Presses felt awesome (read: terrible) and the Cali Presses are pretty legit (read: awful). The main thing is keeping the elbows pinched in and not bringing them so far down as to become a regular CG Bench Press. Overall had a good session though. Took every set a few short of failure until the last one, where I go as far as I can manage (with good form). Gonna feel pretty awful tomorrow lol.

Will probably up the Uncut to 3 caps tomorrow to see what I notice. Also, been considering taking two caps IGF-2 pre. Any of you guys tried this? I've seen guys use USPLabs PowerFull pre so I figured IGF-2 would work in that setting too. Input?

(Tried to mention bdcc and breezy but don't know how lol)

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    3MAY2013 RE Upper

60 min Pre: 3 Drive, 5g Creatine
    45 min Pre: 7 Uptake, 2 Uncut
    Intra: 1.25 Scoop Gatorade, 2 Scoop MBCAA+ (mixed with .5 gallon water)

Warm-up: External Rotations, Over and Backs, Shoulder Dislocates.

Inc. Bench: 45x10, 95x8, 135x12, 140x10, 135x8, 135x7.5 (triceps failed me lol)

a1. Pull-ups: BWx8, x7, x6 (using cable machine stand, not a bar. Which made them....strange)
    a2. Cable Pull-Aparts: 40x10, 50x7, 50x5

California Press (courtesy of bdcc) : 95x7, 105x6, 105x5

Cage Presses (courtesy of Breezy11) : 85x6x2, 90x4.5 (darn you triceps! lol)

Notes: Good pump today. After the first set of Incline Bench my chest pump actually made my chesticles hurt because of the soreness lol. Good tricep pump throughout the session. Finally figured out the mix I want for the intra drink (and am drinking it along with my post workout Quiznos lol). Not as high intensity as I would have liked today, there was a little too much waiting for equipment and it caused me to have to change my workout selection as well. Cage Presses felt awesome (read: terrible) and the Cali Presses are pretty legit (read: awful). The main thing is keeping the elbows pinched in and not bringing them so far down as to become a regular CG Bench Press. Overall had a good session though. Took every set a few short of failure until the last one, where I go as far as I can manage (with good form). Gonna feel pretty awful tomorrow lol.

Will probably up the Uncut to 3 caps tomorrow to see what I notice. Also, been considering taking two caps IGF-2 pre. Any of you guys tried this? I've seen guys use USPLabs PowerFull pre so I figured IGF-2 would work in that setting too. Input?

(Tried to mention bdcc and breezy but don't know how lol)
    Solid upper workout today. What's a California press? I live in CA and wonder if it exists here.

I personally don't think the timing on your IGF-2 will really matter. You can try it pre-workout, but I like to stick to half in the AM and half at bedtime.

I think to mention someone you say @jimbuick.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post

Solid upper workout today. What's a California press? I live in CA and wonder if it exists here.

I personally don't think the timing on your IGF-2 will really matter. You can try it pre-workout, but I like to stick to half in the AM and half at bedtime.

I think to mention someone you say @jimbuick.
    California Press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV6V...e_gdata_player

I didn't think it would matter either (and I am already taking a decent number of capsules pre lol)

What do those numbers even mean? Lol
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

California Press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV6V...e_gdata_player

I didn't think it would matter either (and I am already taking a decent number of capsules pre lol)

What do those numbers even mean? Lol
    Thanks, Jim. CA presses look interesting. I am going to have to give those a shot.
  5. Diamond Member

Three things;
    - Dewey is awesome for hooking people up
    - Jim is amazing
    - The guy in the California press video is mighty handsome and I love his accent. Shame about his OG Justin Bieber haircut.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Three things;
    - Jim is amazing
    - The guy in the California press video....shame about his OG Justin Bieber haircut.
    I agree with all of those things.
  7. Diamond Member

You know how to cut to the core of me, Baxter.

You are so wise. Like a miniature Buddha covered in hair.
    PES Representative
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Three things;
    - Jim is amazing
    - The guy in the California press video is mighty handsome and I love his accent. Shame about his OG Justin Bieber haircut.
    Ben probably keeps track of each person that watches his Youtube videos and sends them bills for personal training. That's how he can afford to be such a jet-setter!
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

California Press = JM press

I'm a Benieber fan too! Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post

Ben probably keeps track of each person that watches his Youtube videos and sends them bills for personal training. That's how he can afford to be such a jet-setter!
    Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    California Press = JM press

I'm a Benieber fan too! Lol
    Didn't know that....

Never done JM presses (until today lol)
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

BDCC is much cuter than JM though.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Cage Presses are tougher than they look eh? Glad you liked them Jim.
    PES Representative
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Cage Presses are tougher than they look eh? Glad you liked them Jim.
    Lol. Told you I probably wouldn't get above 95.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lol. Told you I probably wouldn't get above 95.
    Haha I noticed that. You got close though.
    PES Representative
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What's on the plate for the weekend?
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    What's on the plate for the weekend?
    I've got 24 hour duty tomorrow, but if I can get away for a couple of hours I plan to do my ME lower.

And depending on how long I sleep after I get off at 0900 Sunday I want to do some GPP then too.
  17. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    BDCC is much cuter than JM though.
    Thanks champ. I have to apply make-up before videos.
    PES Representative
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Didn't get a chance to do anything this weekend. Except sit on a desk, eat fast food, and strengthen my brain. Started listening to the audio book Mastery it's pretty good so far.

Slept too late on Sunday to get any sprints or sleds in.

But today! got my workout on.

6MAY13 ME Upper

Pre: 3 Drive, 7 N.O. Uptake, 2 Uncut, 3g Mono
    Intra: 1/2 gallon of BCAA + Gatorade

Warm-up: External Rotations, Over and Backs, Ext. Rot., Shoulder Dislocates, Lacrosse ball across pec minor and scapula adductors.

Bench: Work to 2RM (normally wouldn't do the same exercise 2 weeks in a row, but the workout partner didn't go last week so I just changed the rep range and hit it again)
    45x5, 95x5, 135x2, 175x2, 205x2, 215x2, 225x1 (PR)

Dips: BWx18, +45x13

a1. T-Bar Rows: 25x12, 45x12, 70x12, 85x8, 115x6 (had to feel these out because I haven't done them in years lol)
    a2. Face Pulls: 100x12, 120x10, 120x9x2, 140x9

b1. BB Shrugs: 185x13, 205x10, 205x14 (alt. grip, 7 each. Grip was smoked and I couldn't hold it for the last set)
    b2. Rope Pushdown: 100x15, 120x13, 140x8

Notes: The pump on the first superset was intense! Might have hit a PR on the face pulls (rep PR), but I would have to check my log to be sure. Also, might have hit a rep PR on the Dips as well (but again, I would have to check). My Tri's were feeling awful (read: awesome) during the last set of the pushdowns. Wasn't able to get the rope today for face pulls so I used this awkward 'V' shaped bar and it actually worked out really well. Feeling like a boss right now, bout to shower and then eat some teriyaki chicken and rice and stuff. Got RE Lower tomorrow (last week RE, before starting the pendulum wave for DE), probably going to be conventional deads or rack pulls....

Had a solid PR for the bench today. I have never quite been able to push through the 225# barrier; until today. The lift was a bit of a grind, but it was clean! The tri's are definitely my sticking point right now, so this is the perfect opportunity to completely hammer them. Forced adaptation and ****. Went for the second rep and it wasn't trying to go anywhere, my spotter made it hard to push through, but I definitely only got 1 on my own (he didn't touch that friggin bar lol).
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good PR. 225 is always a big one, like a stepping stone
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good PR. 225 is always a big one, like a stepping stone
    Yeah, my mechanics were much more sound this time around. No early flaring, strong tuck.

Also, got a suppdate. Started visits again, my knee started bugging me again this week so I decided to start up again.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Didn't get a chance to do anything this weekend. Except sit on a desk, eat fast food, and strengthen my brain. Started listening to the audio book Mastery it's pretty good so far.

Slept too late on Sunday to get any sprints or sleds in.

But today! got my workout on.

6MAY13 ME Upper

Pre: 3 Drive, 7 N.O. Uptake, 2 Uncut, 3g Mono
    Intra: 1/2 gallon of BCAA + Gatorade

Warm-up: External Rotations, Over and Backs, Ext. Rot., Shoulder Dislocates, Lacrosse ball across pec minor and scapula adductors.

Bench: Work to 2RM (normally wouldn't do the same exercise 2 weeks in a row, but the workout partner didn't go last week so I just changed the rep range and hit it again)
    45x5, 95x5, 135x2, 175x2, 205x2, 215x2, 225x1 (PR)

Dips: BWx18, +45x13

a1. T-Bar Rows: 25x12, 45x12, 70x12, 85x8, 115x6 (had to feel these out because I haven't done them in years lol)
    a2. Face Pulls: 100x12, 120x10, 120x9x2, 140x9

b1. BB Shrugs: 185x13, 205x10, 205x14 (alt. grip, 7 each. Grip was smoked and I couldn't hold it for the last set)
    b2. Rope Pushdown: 100x15, 120x13, 140x8

Notes: The pump on the first superset was intense! Might have hit a PR on the face pulls (rep PR), but I would have to check my log to be sure. Also, might have hit a rep PR on the Dips as well (but again, I would have to check). My Tri's were feeling awful (read: awesome) during the last set of the pushdowns. Wasn't able to get the rope today for face pulls so I used this awkward 'V' shaped bar and it actually worked out really well. Feeling like a boss right now, bout to shower and then eat some teriyaki chicken and rice and stuff. Got RE Lower tomorrow (last week RE, before starting the pendulum wave for DE), probably going to be conventional deads or rack pulls....

Had a solid PR for the bench today. I have never quite been able to push through the 225# barrier; until today. The lift was a bit of a grind, but it was clean! The tri's are definitely my sticking point right now, so this is the perfect opportunity to completely hammer them. Forced adaptation and ****. Went for the second rep and it wasn't trying to go anywhere, my spotter made it hard to push through, but I definitely only got 1 on my own (he didn't touch that friggin bar lol).
    Solid PR's today! Quite the appnut pwo ritual you have there! lol very similar to mine.
  22. Elite Member

Nice work Jim. Solid session and nice benching.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Got to the gym late today, but still got it done!

Hit the RE lower today, and it was AWFUL! Had to really push it to get done at a decent hour because of how stupid work was today.

RE Lower

Pre: 3 Drive, 2 Uncut, 3g Mono
    Intra: Gallon jug of BCAA+ and Gatorade

Warm-up: Shortened because of time. Squat to stands, foam rolling, hip mobility drills

Deadlift: 45x7, 132x7(WU), 176x15, 198x15, 242x11 (shortened the reps because it was a full DL and not a squat variation)

Front Foot Elevated Split Squat: 1'x45#x8 (WU), 4"x88#x8, 4"x116x8x2 (per leg)

Good Mornings: 154x6, 176x6, 198x6, 242x6

Uneven Farmers Carries: 88#/70#x30ydsx3 (per arm)

http://youtu.be/8PHaocKSQq8

Notes: Energy was solid throughout the session. Rest intervals were short, intensity was high. Felt good for maybe an hour after the session, and then it all hit me at once (while I was ordering chinese). Now I'm so tired, I'm so worn out from that. Bout to pass out lol.
  24. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hit the RE lower today, and it was AWFUL! Had to really push it to get done at a decent hour because of how stupid work was today.

RE Lower

Warm-up: Shortened because of time. Squat to stands, foam rolling, hip mobility drills

Deadlift: 45x7, 132x7(WU), 176x15, 198x15, 242x11 (shortened the reps because it was a full DL and not a squat variation)

Notes: Energy was solid throughout the session. Rest intervals were short, intensity was high. Felt good for maybe an hour after the session, and then it all hit me at once (while I was ordering chinese). Now I'm so tired, I'm so worn out from that. Bout to pass out lol.
    It seems like you are liking the Uncut. Nice.
  25. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Sitting at 167.6 before breakfast.

Time to eat more food....
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.

RE Lower

Great training day today! Haha Uncut tends to stick around at times.
  27. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Yeah, the fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks though lol!

Went in today and got some RE upper work in. Didn't realize that I was sore until the blood started rushing into my chest lol.

9May13 RE Upper

Pre: 3 Drive, 7 Uptake, 2 Uncut
    Intra: Gallon mix of Gatorade and MBCAA+

Warmup: Band Ext. Rot., Over and backs, Dislocates, Ext. Rot., BB Bench with Bar

DB Bench: 70x12, 70x10, 70x9, 70x7 (lol they kept getting heavier and heavier!)

a1. Hammer Grip Behind Neck Pulldown: 80x12, 100x8, 90x8, 90x10
    a2. Seated Cable Rear Delt Row: 80x9x2, 80x8, 80x9 (The pump with this superset was literally painful. I had to stretch my bi's in between sets)

French Press: 60x8, 70x5, 70x4

Bradford Presses: 95x8, 105x2--95x4, 95x4--95x1

For those that haven't done Bradford Presses, I encourage you to try them. It will make you feel like a little girl if you use the right intensity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSXNin4nCbc

Notes: Pump was awesome, in a terrible way. It was literally painful, like physical and mental agony (mostly physical lol). Got some good work in today, total workout time was approximately 60 minutes.

Also, for those who haven't seen elsewhere, my car caught fire today. So I may have to change my name to "JimChevy" because the Buick is now totaled. The entire engine was engulfed in flames, so yeah... Buying a new vehicle tomorrow from a buddy. It's and '89 Chevy Silverado with a rebuilt engine, trans, and rear axle with about 45,000 on them. So yeah, my day was friggin' awesome.
  28. Elite Member

Dang sorry about the car troubles man! Solid workout session though...those bradford's are tough.
    PES Representative
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Sorry about your Buick man. The constant tension with Bradford presses is brutal...I just called them "over and back" press.
    PES Representative
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Dang sorry about the car troubles man! Solid workout session though...those bradford's are tough.
    The first set felt great, after that though.....

Dead lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Sorry about your Buick man. The constant tension with Bradford presses is brutal...I just called them "over and back" press.
    yeah, they are awful (in an awesome way)

A far as the car goes, I guess that's what happens when GMs hit a certain age; they just self destruct. That way you have to buy a new one lol.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I'm in mr. Buick!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  32. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    I'm in mr. Buick!
    Lol it's Mr. Chevy now.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Lol it's Mr. Chevy now.
    Nice!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  34. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post

Nice!
    Lol yeah.

The Buick spontaneously combusted this morning....
  35. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You drink a gallon of Gatorade during your workout?
  36. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucksdaddy View Post
    You drink a gallon of Gatorade during your workout?
    I bring a gallon mix, generally get through half and reuse what's left three next day.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.

What's the weekend look like for you bro?
  38. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    What's the weekend look like for you bro?
    Hit ME lower yesterday, well update that when I get to the CPU. Normally, I would've done conditioning today. But I went to meet a friend at the beach, turns out they were all leaving when I showed up.

Tried calling him earlier today but his phone was dead and because he didn't have a call from me he assumed I wasn't coming and didn't tell me.

So 5 hours of driving and 70 dollars wasted.
  39. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Friday's ME Lower work:

Pre: 4 IGF2, 2 Uncut, 3 Drive
    Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA+ mix

Warmup: Squat to stands, shoulder mobility work with band, BR hip flexor stretch

Front Squat: 95x3, 135x3, 185x3, 225x3, 275x1 (225 felt easy, thought I could do this for 3. It was slow moving so I called it at 1)

Weighted Lunges: 135x5 (per leg), 155x5, 165x5

Stiff Legged Rack Pulls: 185x20, 275x11

Notes: Was supposed to do some specific core work, but it was an early morning session (for me anyway) and me and the training partner were both pretty depleted after this. Didn't get anything done today (besides seeing Iron Man 3 ) so I will be doing mobility/conditioning work tomorrow. The plan is to implement some rowing (to offset my pressing in a 2:1 ratio), sled pulling/pushing, core, and posterior chain work. Nothing ridiculous, but enough to get the blood flowing and breathing heavy.

Also, it may be worth mentioning that 275x1 is probably a PR for the Front Squat (I can't say for certain, it has been a while since I've maxed out on Front Squat).
  40. Elite Member

Solid front squat. I did some mobility and rowing yesterday so it is nice to see someone who follows a similar path as myself.
    PES Representative
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. thedarce nuts himself with appnut.
    By thedarce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
  2. Jim rocks 5/3/1 with AppNut!
    By Jim2542 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
  3. EasyEJL goes hardcore with Shred-XS-Hardcore (sponsored)
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 11:51 PM
  4. What goes well with Mega-Zol?
    By AM07 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 12:15 AM