Jim Goes NUTS with AppNut!

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. 2May13 GPP

Pre: 3 Drive, 3 Uptake, 1 Uncut

Intra: 1.5 scoop BCAA+ (need to dilute more, too sweet for how high intensity my training is currently)

Warmup: BR Hip flexor Stretch, 1 leg hip extension, BR Hammie Stretch, Assisted hip openers, Lower body foam rolling (forgot lacrosse balls for upper body)

Dynamic Track Warmup: High kneesx15yds, Butt kicksx15, Cariocax15/direction, Leg swings, Solider kicksx20

Sled Pushes: 160+sledx20YDSx4 (75 second rest)

Battle Ropes:
    30:60 (work:rest) alternating arms
    20:40 simultaneous arm

This was a kick in the crotch lol. Need to up my fluids, got a little dehydrated today. Had planned to get 1 more on the ropes and then do some upright sled drags, but the BW sled pushes were enough to thoroughly whip my ass.

I literally thought my quads were going to tear off.

2. Dinner:

Name:  ForumRunner_20130502_203617.png
Views: 88
Size:  222.5 KB

Plus strawberry milk
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Plus strawberry milk
    jim ,,,,,,, ...you wonder y people found your log so fast? We all want to understand that strawberry milk "is still a good thing"

4. Solid work today!

strawberry milk > chocolate milk

5. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    Solid work today!

strawberry milk > chocolate milk
    I agree.

Although, I may be biased because I'm intolerant to chocolate (I'm not sure what it is about it, but it always gives me problems)
    •   

6. Solid job so far.

7. Holy DOMS!

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Holy DOMS!
    That's what happens when you almost rip your quads off!

Solid work so far, Jim.

9. Just your body saying F you for letting it slack off for so long! Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post

That's what happens when you almost rip your quads off!

Solid work so far, Jim.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Just your body saying F you for letting it slack off for so long! Lol
    I'm thinking yes to both.

That's what I get for being a bum lol.

11. 3MAY2013 RE Upper

60 min Pre: 3 Drive, 5g Creatine
    45 min Pre: 7 Uptake, 2 Uncut
    Intra: 1.25 Scoop Gatorade, 2 Scoop MBCAA+ (mixed with .5 gallon water)

Warm-up: External Rotations, Over and Backs, Shoulder Dislocates.

Inc. Bench: 45x10, 95x8, 135x12, 140x10, 135x8, 135x7.5 (triceps failed me lol)

a1. Pull-ups: BWx8, x7, x6 (using cable machine stand, not a bar. Which made them....strange)
    a2. Cable Pull-Aparts: 40x10, 50x7, 50x5

California Press (courtesy of bdcc) : 95x7, 105x6, 105x5

Cage Presses (courtesy of Breezy11) : 85x6x2, 90x4.5 (darn you triceps! lol)

Notes: Good pump today. After the first set of Incline Bench my chest pump actually made my chesticles hurt because of the soreness lol. Good tricep pump throughout the session. Finally figured out the mix I want for the intra drink (and am drinking it along with my post workout Quiznos lol). Not as high intensity as I would have liked today, there was a little too much waiting for equipment and it caused me to have to change my workout selection as well. Cage Presses felt awesome (read: terrible) and the Cali Presses are pretty legit (read: awful). The main thing is keeping the elbows pinched in and not bringing them so far down as to become a regular CG Bench Press. Overall had a good session though. Took every set a few short of failure until the last one, where I go as far as I can manage (with good form). Gonna feel pretty awful tomorrow lol.

Will probably up the Uncut to 3 caps tomorrow to see what I notice. Also, been considering taking two caps IGF-2 pre. Any of you guys tried this? I've seen guys use USPLabs PowerFull pre so I figured IGF-2 would work in that setting too. Input?

(Tried to mention bdcc and breezy but don't know how lol)

12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    3MAY2013 RE Upper

60 min Pre: 3 Drive, 5g Creatine
    45 min Pre: 7 Uptake, 2 Uncut
    Intra: 1.25 Scoop Gatorade, 2 Scoop MBCAA+ (mixed with .5 gallon water)

Warm-up: External Rotations, Over and Backs, Shoulder Dislocates.

Inc. Bench: 45x10, 95x8, 135x12, 140x10, 135x8, 135x7.5 (triceps failed me lol)

a1. Pull-ups: BWx8, x7, x6 (using cable machine stand, not a bar. Which made them....strange)
    a2. Cable Pull-Aparts: 40x10, 50x7, 50x5

California Press (courtesy of bdcc) : 95x7, 105x6, 105x5

Cage Presses (courtesy of Breezy11) : 85x6x2, 90x4.5 (darn you triceps! lol)

Notes: Good pump today. After the first set of Incline Bench my chest pump actually made my chesticles hurt because of the soreness lol. Good tricep pump throughout the session. Finally figured out the mix I want for the intra drink (and am drinking it along with my post workout Quiznos lol). Not as high intensity as I would have liked today, there was a little too much waiting for equipment and it caused me to have to change my workout selection as well. Cage Presses felt awesome (read: terrible) and the Cali Presses are pretty legit (read: awful). The main thing is keeping the elbows pinched in and not bringing them so far down as to become a regular CG Bench Press. Overall had a good session though. Took every set a few short of failure until the last one, where I go as far as I can manage (with good form). Gonna feel pretty awful tomorrow lol.

Will probably up the Uncut to 3 caps tomorrow to see what I notice. Also, been considering taking two caps IGF-2 pre. Any of you guys tried this? I've seen guys use USPLabs PowerFull pre so I figured IGF-2 would work in that setting too. Input?

(Tried to mention bdcc and breezy but don't know how lol)
    Solid upper workout today. What's a California press? I live in CA and wonder if it exists here.

I personally don't think the timing on your IGF-2 will really matter. You can try it pre-workout, but I like to stick to half in the AM and half at bedtime.

I think to mention someone you say @jimbuick.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post

Solid upper workout today. What's a California press? I live in CA and wonder if it exists here.

I personally don't think the timing on your IGF-2 will really matter. You can try it pre-workout, but I like to stick to half in the AM and half at bedtime.

I think to mention someone you say @jimbuick.
    California Press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV6V...e_gdata_player

I didn't think it would matter either (and I am already taking a decent number of capsules pre lol)

What do those numbers even mean? Lol

14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    California Press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV6V...e_gdata_player

I didn't think it would matter either (and I am already taking a decent number of capsules pre lol)

What do those numbers even mean? Lol
    Thanks, Jim. CA presses look interesting. I am going to have to give those a shot.

15. Three things;
    - Dewey is awesome for hooking people up
    - Jim is amazing
    - The guy in the California press video is mighty handsome and I love his accent. Shame about his OG Justin Bieber haircut.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Three things;
    - Jim is amazing
    - The guy in the California press video....shame about his OG Justin Bieber haircut.
    I agree with all of those things.

17. You know how to cut to the core of me, Baxter.

You are so wise. Like a miniature Buddha covered in hair.
    PEScience Representative

18. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Three things;
    - Jim is amazing
    - The guy in the California press video is mighty handsome and I love his accent. Shame about his OG Justin Bieber haircut.
    Ben probably keeps track of each person that watches his Youtube videos and sends them bills for personal training. That's how he can afford to be such a jet-setter!

19. California Press = JM press

I'm a Benieber fan too! Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

20. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post

Ben probably keeps track of each person that watches his Youtube videos and sends them bills for personal training. That's how he can afford to be such a jet-setter!
    Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    California Press = JM press

I'm a Benieber fan too! Lol
    Didn't know that....

Never done JM presses (until today lol)

21. BDCC is much cuter than JM though.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

22. Cage Presses are tougher than they look eh? Glad you liked them Jim.
    PEScience Representative

23. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Cage Presses are tougher than they look eh? Glad you liked them Jim.
    Lol. Told you I probably wouldn't get above 95.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Lol. Told you I probably wouldn't get above 95.
    Haha I noticed that. You got close though.
    PEScience Representative

25. What's on the plate for the weekend?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    What's on the plate for the weekend?
    I've got 24 hour duty tomorrow, but if I can get away for a couple of hours I plan to do my ME lower.

And depending on how long I sleep after I get off at 0900 Sunday I want to do some GPP then too.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    BDCC is much cuter than JM though.
    Thanks champ. I have to apply make-up before videos.
    PEScience Representative

28. Didn't get a chance to do anything this weekend. Except sit on a desk, eat fast food, and strengthen my brain. Started listening to the audio book Mastery it's pretty good so far.

Slept too late on Sunday to get any sprints or sleds in.

But today! got my workout on.

6MAY13 ME Upper

Pre: 3 Drive, 7 N.O. Uptake, 2 Uncut, 3g Mono
    Intra: 1/2 gallon of BCAA + Gatorade

Warm-up: External Rotations, Over and Backs, Ext. Rot., Shoulder Dislocates, Lacrosse ball across pec minor and scapula adductors.

Bench: Work to 2RM (normally wouldn't do the same exercise 2 weeks in a row, but the workout partner didn't go last week so I just changed the rep range and hit it again)
    45x5, 95x5, 135x2, 175x2, 205x2, 215x2, 225x1 (PR)

Dips: BWx18, +45x13

a1. T-Bar Rows: 25x12, 45x12, 70x12, 85x8, 115x6 (had to feel these out because I haven't done them in years lol)
    a2. Face Pulls: 100x12, 120x10, 120x9x2, 140x9

b1. BB Shrugs: 185x13, 205x10, 205x14 (alt. grip, 7 each. Grip was smoked and I couldn't hold it for the last set)
    b2. Rope Pushdown: 100x15, 120x13, 140x8

Notes: The pump on the first superset was intense! Might have hit a PR on the face pulls (rep PR), but I would have to check my log to be sure. Also, might have hit a rep PR on the Dips as well (but again, I would have to check). My Tri's were feeling awful (read: awesome) during the last set of the pushdowns. Wasn't able to get the rope today for face pulls so I used this awkward 'V' shaped bar and it actually worked out really well. Feeling like a boss right now, bout to shower and then eat some teriyaki chicken and rice and stuff. Got RE Lower tomorrow (last week RE, before starting the pendulum wave for DE), probably going to be conventional deads or rack pulls....

Had a solid PR for the bench today. I have never quite been able to push through the 225# barrier; until today. The lift was a bit of a grind, but it was clean! The tri's are definitely my sticking point right now, so this is the perfect opportunity to completely hammer them. Forced adaptation and ****. Went for the second rep and it wasn't trying to go anywhere, my spotter made it hard to push through, but I definitely only got 1 on my own (he didn't touch that friggin bar lol).

29. Good PR. 225 is always a big one, like a stepping stone
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good PR. 225 is always a big one, like a stepping stone
    Yeah, my mechanics were much more sound this time around. No early flaring, strong tuck.

Also, got a suppdate. Started visits again, my knee started bugging me again this week so I decided to start up again.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. thedarce nuts himself with appnut.
    By thedarce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
  2. Jim rocks 5/3/1 with AppNut!
    By Jim2542 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 07:16 PM
  3. EasyEJL goes hardcore with Shred-XS-Hardcore (sponsored)
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 01:51 AM
  4. What goes well with Mega-Zol?
    By AM07 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 02:15 AM