AE's review of the NLA Ultimate stack (sponsored)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lets get this started properly. First a HUGE thank you to NLA for such a huge opportunity here. I truly appreciate it, and will give the best and most honest rundown of how this stack treats me.

For those that have followed previous logs of mine, I run a modified powerlifting style routine with 6 days a week of lifting and cardio 6-7 days as well. I am up well before the majority of the world, and am usually done with both cardio and lifting by 5am.

Here is the routine
Saturday: legs/bis
Sunday: chest/tris
Monday: off
Tuesday: shoulders/back
Wednesday: legs/bis
Thursday: chest/tris
Friday: shoulders/back

Other supps currently:
MST Multi 32x
Animal Flex
Protein (not needed with Recover D)
Caffeine and Methyl Synephrine (not going to use dependent upon Supp-D response)

I am very excited to give these a run, specifically the Swoll-N and Recover D. I am excited for all tbh, but it truly is interesting to me to try a protein like this, as I am always on the lookout for new and effective protein, Most who know me know I dont do a lot of supps, I just lift all the time and eat like crazy.

Dosing will be as listed, but for the sake of the log here it is
Recover D: 2 scoops post with my morning banana
Supp D: 1-1.5 scoops 20-30 mins pre
Swoll-N: 3 taken with Supp D
T-Bast: 3 with AM protein and 3 pm with dinner

Before pics will be up tomorrow. Lets all get this going

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
reserved for final review and before and after pics

photo.jpg

Taken 12/13 530am 206lbs

1/14/13
Reviews:
Recover-D: My personal favorite of the entire stack. The formula is designed in a way to speed up the recovery process. I will say that there were times when I was exceptionally sore, however, this protein shined elsewhere. Its taste and mixability were second to none. Once bigger sizes of this hit the market, it will be added to my protein collection, along with pronom.

Supp-D: This one had the biggest change for me over the course of the stack. At first, the flavor was a major deterrent to me. However, as time went on, it began to wear on me a bit. I was very impressed how at 2 scoops, it hit within a few minutes, and how unlike many other pre w/o's it mixed instantly. With a new formula and new flavors coming out, I am very interested to try this again.

T-Blast: Sill 50/50 here. I have tried a variety of other DAA based t-boosters in the past. Most of which offered me little. I will say that I like the varied formula here and think that over the long term this will reach some success for me. I will wait on my final analysis until I can continue bottle 2 within the week.

Swoll-N: I have not had the consistent response that most others have had with this. Agmatine has consistently left me wanting more. This is the only one in the stack that I am disappointed in, but not surprised. Most pump products do not do much for me, and this only did when taken with SuppD occasionally. This, most likely, is the only one that I would not purchase in the future.

1/15/13 5:30am 205lbs

Attachments

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice I'm in for this one! Best of luck and we are all excited to hear about your gains.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice I'm in for this one! Best of luck and we are all excited to hear about your gains.
Thanks man. Much appreciated.

I will start it tomorrow with chest and tris.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hell yeah!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Welcome bigT. Good to have you
always ae!!!

seems we log the same stuff a lot, lol......guess we both know good stuff when we see it!!!!:cheers:

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
I'm subbed!

msrider

msrider

Awards
Interested in your workout layout and routine also. Doubling up I see. Do you do pretty much the same workout bothe times? Thanks AE! Gunna be fun following for sure

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome guys....and thanks for coming along for the ride. Had a good first day on this stack

I altered my typical cardio to 20 mins pre workout and 20 mins post as I always try to get a good sweat going prior to the lift

Chest:
Incline BP (7 sets) 2 sets @ 275 for 3 each 3 sets @ 225lbs 5 per
Incline flys/db press superset (5 sets) 75lbs sets of 8 per exercise (I do 8 reps @ flys and then burn with press with no rest)

Tris:
JM Press (5 sets) 2 sets @ 225lbs 5 reps per
CG BP (5 sets) 1 set @ 265lbs 2 reps

Overall thoughts:
Took Supp-D and Swoll-N together prior to the cardio. Within 10 mins had a good tingle coming on, and a nice deal of focus. The pump was good, not great, however, I am hoping that I will need to just build up to a better pump. On the downside, the taste of Supp-D (subjective I know) was less than stellar. Certainly not as bad as others I have tried, but it was not good at all to me. I will most certainly be able to get it down, but it left a bad aftertaste as well.

Once the workout was completed took 2 scoops of Recover -D with 3 tblast. THe chocolate flavor was excellent. It mixed easy and after the Supp D earlier I was concerned about taste, but the Recover D truly exceeded expectations. Very rich and creamy with water. Would love to see a larger container in the future.

To answer Ms's question about my workouts, I usually adjust on the fly. I try not to do all the same things all the time and try to focus on specific areas for body parts (i.e. upper chest as opposed to all out chest). Additionally, even at 36, I try to lift my heaviest every single workout. Lifting at 4am makes that difficult sometimes, but I will go as heavy as I can for each day. Just how I have always been. :)

April 2012.jpg
Here is my basement gym. I have roughly 600lbs of freeweights and an interlocking db set

msrider

msrider

Awards
Very deatailed log bro! You deff get your workout in before most are out of bed lol. I can't realy relate too much with the supp-d for a couple more days till I get my ultimate stack. I'm pretty sure Justin indicated that the taste is subject to change aswell.

I know the swoll- n realy started kicking in the longer I was using it and by the end the pumps were insane, so I'm sure that's gunna change for the better in this log. I just finished a Bottle of it.

You are so rite about the Recover-D, its top notch! And the flavor is amazing exspecialy with cold milk. My wifey won't keep her hands off it, lol!

By the way you have a sweet home gym. It would sure be nice to not have to fight all the high schoolers at my gym. I get kinda pissy with them lol!

Looks great here, look forward to following bro!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
In for this!

Your thoughts on the Supp-D & Recover-D pretty much echo my own - one is bleh, the other is stellar!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in for this!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back and Shoulders

Had a good run with back and shoulders today, eventhough had a bad night's sleep thanks to the dog. Same pre workout protocol with 1.5 scoops of supp-d and 1 dose of swoll-n. Energy (thankfully) came quick

Fasted Cardio:
35 mins 12% incline 4.0 mph- produced an awesome sweat

Back
Rack pulls (6 sets) 495lbs 2 sets of 2
BB Rows (5 sets) 2 sets @ 185 for 5 each
Wide chins (5 sets) BW sets of 8-10

Shoulders
Arny presses (5 sets) 60-70lbs sets of 8-10
BTB BB Shrugs (5 sets) 275lbs sets of 8

Strength was good throughout, which I most certainly attribute to the energy. I might crash later, but for that time of the morning I was jazzed with little sleep. Additionally, 1 point to note, the pump was not that prevalent during the workout. However, after my shower it was very prevalent, veins throughout my forearms as well as noticeable in my front delts. That last part made me smile a lot

Tomorrow legs/bis in the afternoon with fasted cardio in the am.

msrider

msrider

Awards
Had a good run with back and shoulders today, eventhough had a bad night's sleep thanks to the dog. Same pre workout protocol with 1.5 scoops of supp-d and 1 dose of swoll-n. Energy (thankfully) came quick

Fasted Cardio:
35 mins 12% incline 4.0 mph- produced an awesome sweat

Back
Rack pulls (6 sets) 495lbs 2 sets of 2
BB Rows (5 sets) 2 sets @ 185 for 5 each
Wide chins (5 sets) BW sets of 8-10

Shoulders
Arny presses (5 sets) 60-70lbs sets of 8-10
BTB BB Shrugs (5 sets) 275lbs sets of 8

Strength was good throughout, which I most certainly attribute to the energy. I might crash later, but for that time of the morning I was jazzed with little sleep. Additionally, 1 point to note, the pump was not that prevalent during the workout. However, after my shower it was very prevalent, veins throughout my forearms as well as noticeable in my front delts. That last part made me smile a lot

Tomorrow legs/bis in the afternoon with fasted cardio in the am.
Great workout Bro! The increased pump in my veins would last awhile. I would catch myself smiling in the mirrors too haha. Very deatiled Bro, thanks for that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My pleasure. I always want to provide as much detail as possible. You guys were kind enough to send me a generous stack...it is only right I try to return the favor

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My pleasure. I always want to provide as much detail as possible. You guys were kind enough to send me a generous stack...it is only right I try to return the favor
thats EXACTLY the right attitude! You get when you give! Beast on those rack pulls my man

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
one quick note from day 2:

very sore, shoulders and chest are tight and very sore

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got in a little morning fasted cardio. 50 mins 12% incline 3.6-4.2 mph Sweat was great. Finished with some ab work for about 10 mins. Will be hitting legs/bis this afternoon probably with a little warmup on the treadmill prior to.

weighed in at 204bs this am, which is surprisingly low for me

msrider

msrider

Awards
Got in a little morning fasted cardio. 50 mins 12% incline 3.6-4.2 mph Sweat was great. Finished with some ab work for about 10 mins. Will be hitting legs/bis this afternoon probably with a little warmup on the treadmill prior to.

weighed in at 204bs this am, which is surprisingly low for me
I can see how it is low, that cardio you are doing is tough bro. 12% incline ain't no joke haha. Keep killing it

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can see how it is low, that cardio you are doing is tough bro. 12% incline ain't no joke haha. Keep killing it
Thanks ms. It is the only way I do cardio at this point. Really can make you work for the sweat. :)

msrider

msrider

Awards
Thanks ms. It is the only way I do cardio at this point. Really can make you work for the sweat. :)
I've never done 12, that be like durago in rocky while he's training. Beast bro haha!

I won't start doing cardio for a bit. Just trying to bulk up as much as I can while keeping my abs. If I loose them then I will gladly do some. Maybe 12 % like you, but maybe not kinda afraid of heights lol

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never done 12, that be like durago in rocky while he's training. Beast bro haha!

I won't start doing cardio for a bit. Just trying to bulk up as much as I can while keeping my abs. If I loose them then I will gladly do some. Maybe 12 % like you, but maybe not kinda afraid of heights lol
:lol: It actually works out well for me. I set up my flat screen about 10 feet in front of me, so the time passes quite quickly.

Just finished my saturday lifting...here is the rundown

warmup:
treadmill 25 mins 12% 3.5mph (great sweat started)

Legs:
Back squat warmups (5 sets) 135lbs-185lbs deep sets of 5
Box squats (10 sets) 3 sets @ 275lbs sets of 5

*legs were like rubber after this

Biceps:
hammer curls (5 sets) 50-55lbs sets of 8
BB curls (5 sets) 3 sets @ 115lbs sets of 8

Pump in the forearms were exceptional, veins were very apparent. Finished with my recover d 2 scoops and 2nd dose of 3 tblast. I cannot stress enough how great the recover d tastes. Very rich even in water. Excellent

Also had 2 scoops of supp-d with my 3 swoll-n prior to workout. The energy kicked in quickly as did the tingles. Tingles hit within 10 mins and hit hard.

msrider

msrider

Awards
:lol: It actually works out well for me. I set up my flat screen about 10 feet in front of me, so the time passes quite quickly.

Just finished my saturday lifting...here is the rundown

warmup:
treadmill 25 mins 12% 3.5mph (great sweat started)

Legs:
Back squat warmups (5 sets) 135lbs-185lbs deep sets of 5
Box squats (10 sets) 3 sets @ 275lbs sets of 5

*legs were like rubber after this

Biceps:
hammer curls (5 sets) 50-55lbs sets of 8
BB curls (5 sets) 3 sets @ 115lbs sets of 8

Pump in the forearms were exceptional, veins were very apparent. Finished with my recover d 2 scoops and 2nd dose of 3 tblast. I cannot stress enough how great the recover d tastes. Very rich even in water. Excellent

Also had 2 scoops of supp-d with my 3 swoll-n prior to workout. The energy kicked in quickly as did the tingles. Tingles hit within 10 mins and hit hard.
Nice workout brotha, glad the supp-d is working for ya. Great log so far. wish I had a workout set up like you, maybe one day :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fasted cardio in this morning. 50 minutes 12% 4-4.1mph, followed with some ab work.

Took my t-blast first dose with post shake.

Today is "heavy" chest and tris.....this afternoon should be fun

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just completed chest and tris. Here is the rundown

treadmill warmup: 20 mins 12% 3.6mph caused a good sweat and got myself nice and loose

Chest:
Flat BP (8 sets) 335lbs 2 reps 2 sets @ 315lbs 2 reps and 1 rep respectively
Incline db fly/press superset (5 sets) 65lbs sets of 8 each

Tris:
JM Press (6 sets) 3 sets @ 225lbs 5 reps each :woohoo:
2arm db ext (5 sets) 75lbs/50lbs to failure @ each weight

Great pump, the energy was strong. I will say that the energy gets progressively better as the workout goes, as I felt a slight draggy at the on set.

Normal dosing scheme today as was typical for each previous workout.

Tomorrow is a non lifting day, just cardio tomorrow morning.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i agree with the energy getting better as workout progresses...but it does hit fast, imo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. 2 scoops and the tingles are crazy powerful and fast
something else i have noticed:
usually preworkouts have me running to pee during workouts....with supp-d no head calls until after workout is done and i have had my recover-d shake, then i might go 3 times in 30 minutes, strange, lol.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
something else i have noticed:
usually preworkouts have me running to pee during workouts....with supp-d no head calls until after workout is done and i have had my recover-d shake, then i might go 3 times in 30 minutes, strange, lol.
I usually go once or twice, but I probably drink close to a gallon of water between my pre and intra

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I usually go once or twice, but I probably drink close to a gallon of water between my pre and intra
got to get the water in...just an observation of something kinda out of the ordinary for me...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Morning cardio in and complete. 40 minutes 12% 3.9mph

Only part of the stack used was tblast....tomorrow hit shoulders/back with different exercises

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice start to the morning

Got up as usual at 340am and got rolling right away. 2 scoops supp-d with 1 dose of swoll-n. Within 10 mins, tingles galore and sweat like crazy

Lightened the speed up on my fasted cardio 40 mins 12% 3.6mph

Shoulders:
Seated BB Press (7 sets) 185lbs 1 set 5 reps worked with 155-175 sets no more than 5
BTN Press (3 sets) all sets @ 135lbs 5-7 reps
BB Shrugs (5 sets) 455lbs sets of 5-8

Back:
BTB Chins (4 sets) BW sets of 8-10
DB Rows (5 sets) 75lbs sets of 12 ***db's I have only go up to 75lbs sadly***
BB Rows (4 sets) 135lbs to 185lbs no set more than 7 reps

Pump was solid, but nothing out of the ordinary. I will say that the supp-d might be one of the quickest impacting pre's I have tried. Once the taste is nailed down....that will be a huge seller.

Again, the best part is the recover-d. I actually look forward to it as I start to conclude the workouts

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got up as usual at 340am and got rolling right away. 2 scoops supp-d with 1 dose of swoll-n. Within 10 mins, tingles galore and sweat like crazy

Shoulders:
Seated BB Press (7 sets) 185lbs 1 set 5 reps worked with 155-175 sets no more than 5

Back:

Pump was solid, but nothing out of the ordinary. I will say that the supp-d might be one of the quickest impacting pre's I have tried. Once the taste is nailed down....that will be a huge seller.

Again, the best part is the recover-d. I actually look forward to it as I start to conclude the workouts
Wow someone gets up earlier than my 415 to work out??? Nice dedication AE! Just thinking about your cardio makes my calves ache. That's a hell of an incline!

msrider

msrider

Awards
Your so rite about the supp-d. It don't waste anytime kicking in lol. I'm drinking Recover-d as my 12 hour shift is almost over, gotta recover from making cheese haha

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow someone gets up earlier than my 415 to work out??? Nice dedication AE! Just thinking about your cardio makes my calves ache. That's a hell of an incline!
Its funny, the first few weeks did cause some calf pain....but once I got used to it, I was fine. I have been doing it for years. Its a great wake up

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Shoulders:

Back:

40 minute fasted cardio before weights....i don't know how you do it ae, this stack has me so hungry i want to eat a sandwich DURING workout, lol.

so, i take it you are not experiencing the case of the hungries like i am?

i'm on day 8 btw.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nothing on the appetite front at all. However, tblast is having an interesting effect that no DAA has ever had on me. My aggression is through the roof. I can tell, roughly 1-2 hours after taking it, I am mad as hell, but at totally nothing. I actually have to make a conscious decision not to snap on someone

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nothing on the appetite front at all. However, tblast is having an interesting effect that no DAA has ever had on me. My aggression is through the roof. I can tell, roughly 1-2 hours after taking it, I am mad as hell, but at totally nothing. I actually have to make a conscious decision not to snap on someone
i have noticed some increased aggression, but not anything close to that. mostly i get a nice energy boost about 20 minutes after dosing. but i am splitting it up over 3 doses-2/2/2.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's weird... I have never had that with anything I have ever run before. I am one of the most level headed people out there, yet I am über aggressive on this. Strange.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's weird... I have never had that with anything I have ever run before. I am one of the most level headed people out there, yet I am über aggressive on this. Strange.
i will trade you some of my increased appetite for some of your increased aggression, lol. damn, i am hungry!!!:food:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a decent workout this morning of legs/bis. The dog decided that 315 was a great time to wake me up by scratching my back to get under the covers of the bed. Amazing that she always leaves my wife alone, but I must have great great body warmth as the little bugger is snuggled so tight I can barely move.

Fasted cardio:
40 mins 12% 4.0mph

Legs/Calves
Back squats (8 sets) all sets of 5 reps @ each weight 135-275 *superset to calves
Standing calf raises (8 sets) same weights as squats for sets of 10-12

Bi's
Glass hammer curls (5 sets) 50lbs sets of 8-10
1 arm preacher curls (4 sets) 40lbs sets of 8

forearm vascularity continues to increase and be more and more noticeable. I am anticipating being sore as hell tomorrow with my legs. I am in an 8 hour meeting today :( seated the entire time. :rant:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
are you doing 40 minutes of fasted cardio daily?

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
Syphon that aggression into your workouts and your results will be legendary!